Quantcast

4 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

Chingudeul,

So I went to see what bothered you guys  but there is nothing different, I suppose? 

Do you remember we pointed out some lines as if it's writer's way to shout out to  audience ? Deok Sun keep questioning her friend about math formula,

"Let's say a=1 b=1..." Love triangle looks like kdrama formula to most people so they assume things to solve it. Easier right?

"WHY?" If you question it people look at you as if you are stupid and no right to ask. 

"Why is your name Sung Deok Sun?" Nice touch writer-nim... She is called both Sung Deok Sun and Soo Yeon for a while  

sorry why is she called Sung deok sun?? 

~also for JH lurkers...I know I personally have said some delulu theories as bad as the radish ( i think i once mentioned DS placing a white bowl of rice porridge and TK placing a white stone LOL)~

• Like 12

oh guys all these things about the bags remind me of the scene where TK pats DS's head in front of the baduk center. Apart from my amazement at how DS can remember that TK brought a bag with him, just now I wonder why the writer made TK forgot hos bag? Why his bag, and not something else? This may be not important but yeah I think it's interesting to ponder on this point.

And as I rewatch the scene when DS's friends told DS to test JH's reaction. I can't help thinking about DS's feeling at that point in time:

DS: What if he likes me? (I assume DS thinks thinks if JH doesn't want her to go on the blind date, that means JH likes her)

DS continues: What will I do?

okay, my 2 cents: why didn't DS know what to do if she also likes JH? Was it implied that DS actually did something for SW when she had a crush on him before? (giving the candies, looking at him, helping him walk, etc.) After that line, DS also say "It would be weird to do all these things (dating) with JH" and I am curious about the reasonsbehind this and her thoughts. May be at that time DS had not liked JH yet, may be she could realize that she actually liked JH later on so I'm not sure :) I'm not sure whether she did all these cute things with/for JH because she really likes him or because she's excited at the fact that JH likes her.

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

I know I personally have said some delulu theories as bad as the radish ( i think i once mentioned DS placing a white bowl of rice porridge and TK placing a white stone LOL)~

Yeah SAME. To this day, I still ardently believe Deoksun's poka dot shirts/sweaters are "baduk" outfits. :rolleyes::w00t:

Team JH & team TK, all said and done, are opposite sides of the coin. We are all anxiously in love with our ships and will at times fight tooth and nail to defend our turf. oh well ..  no harm laughing at ourselves a little. We do get carried away as shippers, heh.

Plus you gotta admit: "that damn turtle from BR's car" is a pretty creative way to refer to TK, He Who Shall Not Be Named. Gotta give them credit for that. 

• Like 20

3 hours ago, mangachickava said:

@Meliere I CANT BREATH I SERIOUSLY CANT BREAThhh this submarine needs to go up for air

THE RADISH SENT ME OVER THE EDGE!

-----

I do think regarding the chocolate that the fact TK has had a bag in his room this whole time is an interesting connection. In ep 2, they were also really really trying to fool us into focusing on SW and JH ( think about it, we just got this flashback of TK, what better way to undercut it than to bring back to focus to SW and JH (as TK obv has no bag with him which made him seem totally out of the game)

:bawling::bawling::bawling: LOL at the radish. Is the show going to opt for fluorescent kimchi and pastel rice just to save us from colour theorising the life out of this drama?

Get a pair of eyes people. This world is full of colour, whether you're husband-hunting or not.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, libra83 said:

Honestly I don't have any focusing on the chocolate scene. At that time clearly that there is SW and JH on hunting game and not many hints for Taek.

And DS clearly likes SW at that time so she gave him the chocolate is very simple to understand. 

So any comparison for the bags between JH and Teak is nothing in my point of view and I think chocolate scene is used for trolling us only.

And I think second round of hunting game is started at Ep 6, when Taek asked DS for going to cinema, and my ship was decided. 

I just would like to know why the current husband know about the DS's Diary because he is Taek in my mind and curiousity is not characteristic of him. Or I think because DS usually forgets stuffs then she can drop diary somewhere in Taek's room and he found out but keep in silence  until many years later.

And, as chingus said, I want Taek to be the husband so bad...aigooo...

@libra83 nice post, i prefer to think it easier than make it more sophisticated. 

about diary, though curiousity is not taek's characteristics, taek maybe incidentally read it. 

anyway, i want taek to be the husband too. :) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mustardmaimai said:

Is the show going to opt for fluorescent kimchi and pastel rice just to save us from colour theorising the life out of this drama?

Public service announcement: warning, if your kimchi radish turns green, please check for mold colonies and please do not consume. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Meliere said:

Public service announcement: warning, if your kimchi radish turns green, please check for mold colonies and please do not consume. 

Ewwww! Maybe we should go the Schindler's List route. Have the whole show be black and white save for the clues popping up in bright primary colours?

• Like 7

I swear if I was on the production team, I would be side eyeing the director the whole time...and maybe just casually mess things up hehe

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, mustardmaimai said:

Ewwww! Maybe we should go the Schindler's List route. Have the whole show be black and white save for the clues popping up in bright primary colours?

Nooooo, bong-hyung. that would give away the end game. Black & white = baduk. Get it? get it? *goat bleep on speakers*

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

oh guys all these things about the bags remind me of the scene where TK pats DS's head in front of the baduk center. Apart from my amazement at how DS can remember that TK brought a bag with him, just now I wonder why the writer made TK forgot hos bag? Why his bag, and not something else? This may be not important but yeah I think it's interesting to ponder on this point.

And as I rewatch the scene when DS's friends told DS to test JH's reaction. I can't help thinking about DS's feeling at that point in time:

DS: What if he likes me? (I assume DS thinks thinks if JH doesn't want her to go on the blind date, that means JH likes her)

DS continues: What will I do?

okay, my 2 cents: why didn't DS know what to do if she also likes JH? Was it implied that DS actually did something for SW when she had a crush on him before? (giving the candies, looking at him, helping him walk, etc.) After that line, DS also say "It would be weird to do all these things (dating) with JH" and I am curious about the reasonsbehind this and her thoughts. May be at that time DS had not liked JH yet, may be she could realize that she actually liked JH later on so I'm not sure :) I'm not sure whether she did all these cute things with/for JH because she really likes him or because she's excited at the fact that JH likes her.

yes, if she likes JH, she will naturally and certainly know what she should do, not just go/think around and around this...i dun know,but for me,the connection between sun and taekie is more deeply rooted compared to another one. and as i remember, Sun promised to take a responsibility to our Taekie, so she has to keep her words! ^^

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Meliere said:

Nooooo, bong-hyung. that would give away the end game. Black & white = baduk. Get it? get it? *goat bleep on speakers*

LOL. Neoul-ah! You're a genius (pun! pun! pun!). But don't you get it? That would be the ultimate red herring cause we'd all be so focused on the colours we'd never look at the black and white. All this micro-analysing of non-existent clues has only served to dumb us, the audience, down. And we'd NEVER find out! Like not even after the show's ended. *moves to the stereo to raise the volume*

• Like 11

Speaking of DS's outfits, I noticed that sometimes she dresses similar to TK: sweater over a collared shirt. I'm not sure if any of the other guys dress this way as well though so I could just be reaching. 

• Like 10

so we know Bora means purple...

I was wondering if anyone knew what Neoul meant? and do we know the last name of SW or JJ? an is Choi the last name for TK and what is his dad's name??

• Like 4

@mangachickavaThe parents typically use their real name as their character name too. SW's mom is Kim Sun Young but no idea what his father's surname is so no idea what SW's is. TK's dad's name is Choi Moo Sung. 

• Like 6

Awwwwww we're having so much fun in Taek's room that I wanted to share this. Yes, my best friend has to put up with a lot of my crap.

Spoiler

25tw8ls.jpg

jtl2k6.jpg

She doesn't even watch the drama, but she's written the real ending. LOL

• Like 18

@hmong_lubpaj

No u r not reaching... In fact I went to screengrab becos I thought she wore his high collared white sweater again... But it's a different one... The white one Taek wears has a pattern running the the front lol it looks quite similar.

They also have a flannel print shirt that is similar... His is more purple but hers is slightly pink... 

Heeheehee hey we like fashion... Nothing to scoff at :lol:

• Like 7

Dear friends,

I have a lot of doubts about this competitive streak that Taekie apparently has. Maybe you guys can help me with this. I know we are told that Taekie has a competitive streak, and in the latter episodes, that is emphasised by multiple repetitions by different people. He is compared to his apparently “competitive” father and the video arcade storyline with JB appears a clear example of his competitive nature. But can we take a step back to look at how he's been behaving all this while.

It goes without question that Taek takes his baduk seriously. But I'm not even sure if he likes to win. I have a terrible memory and my attention to detail is pathetic so please correct me if I've gathered an understanding that does not reflect what we are actually shown. Contrary to everybody saying that Taek is competitive in his sport, I find that he has a very troubled relationship with baduk and the competitive nature of the game. Rather than being joyous or ecstatic at every win, it appears as though his victories only succeed in bringing a drowning Taek to the surface. A sense of relief like he's come out of water and has finally managed to start breathing. In the first few episodes, we see Taekie less as a competitive guy than as someone who does not know how to cope with loss. There is something quite disturbing, pathological about his obsessive need to keep playing and keep winning. It's as if the inability to cope with loss extends beyond Taek's relationship with baduk, and that baduk is trying to fill a bigger void that existed before (I don't have definitive evidence but feel an urge to connect this with his mother's death).

If he was so competitive, as people call him, being a winner on most days, at least he could have come off as happier. His repeated questions to his friends about whether it's okay to lose also signals that baduk far from something done for the mere sake of competition. He's asking whether his friends, his social circle will still find it okay to love him minus his baduk skills and his status.

Again, the people in the show tell me certain things, and by now I'm cautious enough to not believe in them at first glance, especially if it is about Taekie. Competitiveness is something that helps them to understand how he manages to win these games. But what the show is showing me is that the game brings out Taekie's vulnerabilities more than anything else. He's just so frail, so fragile, so uncertain in the face of that loss, and needs to discover for himself an existence where losing is a reality, but one that does not leave him feeling defeated.

That Blue Marble scene was also taken as evidence of his competitiveness. But I saw it as evidence of his intelligence more than anything else. He read the instructions and the cards himself and figured out how to play the game on his own. The credit to his victory goes to that. And the way he figures out how one of the cards is missing was only showing how methodical his way of thinking is. So thorough that he was able to make out that a card was missing just by being ultra attentive. He won because he's smarter than everyone else, and played the game well, but the squad took it to be a sign of his competitiveness.

That's why that arcade scene with JB was refreshing. Because, goodness, he is being ultra competitive there. But look at the stakes, look at the importance of that game in the larger picture of his life. He's competitive only as far as something that is meaningless. More important things bring out more complicated associations, and I don't know if striving to win it all all the time is really Taekie's thing.

What leaves a sour feeling in my mouth is the way people constantly attach this competitive nature (which I doubt is present at all) to his pursuit of DS. I cannot make sense of that at all because he's never been competitive in his relationships. In a future post, I have pointed out how there were several opportunities for him to take that position as the unquestioned male lead, but he hasn't done that (I'll share that soon). He's gone about it in his own slow way, so I don't know why he'd suddenly step up his game and act out based on his acknowledgement of JH's feelings. I've never found that Taek's desire for DS is shaped in a way that would make him want to win her over, to possess her or own her in any way. So why this sudden expectation that he will get competitive and war-like? We've discussed here multiple times, how their's is a quaint romance, one that feels old and comfortable like worn out shoes, not dazzling and sexy, and Taekie's approach has never been aggressive. It cheapens the relationship to think of its ultimate success as a result of Taek's competitiveness.

I'm really thankful for @shooastrid's posts on baduk because they help illuminate Taek's motivations so well. For Taekie, baduk is not just a game, but a value system, and he has internalised this system to the extent that it reflects the gentle, non-aggressive, highly aware, deeply sensitive, immensely receptive, and pragmatically methodical way in which he approaches his relationships and interacts with people. Competitiveness doesn't feature high on the baduk value system. Patience does. As does humility.

But I'd love to hear your take on this so I can gain some perspective I may still be missing. So please help me out chingus!

<3

• Like 23

so like this might delulu but y'all forced me to this point

this poster:

Girls-Day-Hyeri_1444064944_af_org.jpg

and this

rgb.jpg

few points:

- SW is standing between RED and BLUE which makes PURPLE=BORA

-TK is standing between RED AND GREEN which makes YELLOW= DS

-DR is wearing YELLOW shirt and GREEN belt and leaning on DS= THE OTP

-DS is wearing BADUK stones= TK

-JH is on his knees to show him stepping down? or his head connected to the head of SW and TK makes a triangle so BLUE+RED+GREEN=white...or maybe he is proposing so he is the groom DAMMIT JH WHAT ARE YOU DOING AND DO YOU KNEES NOT HURT!?

~(^.^)~ 

• Like 13