[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

11 hours ago, Utin said:

While waiting for Monday to come, I stumbled upon "Shine or Go Crazy".  :o  It's about Wang So too and his true love in that series I guess.  I watched the first and last episodes, since I'm so impatience.  Anyway, the WS in that series was abandoned too when he was small, the king daddy sent him away.  Kinda the same with our WS in Scarlet Heart.  Fast forward to the last episode, the lovers had to part ways since he ascended and became king.  And they met each other again after some times passed and the series end.  :crazy: I hope our WS and HS love story will have a satisfied ending.  No reincarnation of any kind, just make it WS transported to the modern times to reunite with HaJin.  :blink:

Same here. Please give us a happy ending. I remember Queen In Hyun's man. I love that ending. <3

• Like 18

@bebebisous33

I'm more worried not sad. I am really looking forward to this scene. It's just last time the teaser of So pulling Soo into a hug when it was raining I was so excited for it and thought it would be a good positive outcome of their growing relationship but it turned out she pushed him away from her due to her visions. Of course something positive came out of that scene to where he was able to tell her that he finally likes the person he is becoming and that people are finally accepting him with a huge smile but due to other factors there was still strain and distance in their relationship. And Soo wasn't fully their what I mean by that is she wasn't really listening cause she was so scared from the visions.

In the end I am all for the struggles So and Soo go through because to me that's how their bond become stronger than ever and that makes me very happy. It's just I don't wish to have my hopes up for that scene where I'm like yesssss it's gonna be all happy and cheery and then a curveball gets thrown at me. I hope you understand what I mean :) Thanks for worrying! This show really has taken me on a rollercoaster ride and it's not about to stop anytime soon. I'm still very excited but slightly worried obviously the excitement outweighs the worry! We all know that this show is amazing especially when they have a surprise.

• Like 21

54 minutes ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

Since you mentioned actors' romance, do u know LJK ever dated???  I know this forum has a lot of Jun Ki's fans and that he only acted feminine/  high-end male prostitute in one movie (King's clown)  but does anyone heard of whether he is gay??? I'm not his fans or fans of any other Korean actors yet (I saw him in 2 weeks and thought pretty good acting macho criminal).  So, please please please do NOT egg me! I'm just curious as I don't read K-pop news and do not understand Korean :D

Nice and complete info....thanks...:)

I'm LJK's fan...however I don't live in Korea so the information about him so far is from internet. He is a typical of man who doesn't want his privacy especially dating and girlfriend thing to be public...But as a married woman myself, I can say that he is straight (99% sure)  means that he likes woman ....seeing from his behaviour around men and women. He has been rumoured to date several celebrities including sexy actress Jeon Hye Bin (his co star in Joseon Gunman), former miss Korea Yoo Ri Ah, and After School UEE. Although he always try to deny it, I believe that one of this rumour was true....come on he is a normal man...possessing enough money and good look...he just wants to keep it secret...!!!

And I think Korean celebs male or female have a tendency to get married over 30....maybe they worried they will lose both fanatic fans and main role in drama projects after marriage. 

I'm not so sure about this, but I do observe several K celebs who were involved in Gay-rumoured and pay attention to their behavior towards  their male and female co stars.....and I'm sure our  LJK is not one of them.....

or...Let's wait until he is 40...if he is still single at that time, your suspiciousness might be true..:w00t:

I love him....so I'm happy with whoever his wife will be....as long as she is a woman:w00t:

• Like 22

hello everybody

Finally seeing with subs ep 10 and 11 and just want to share some of my thoughts:

First of all I have to say that I was wrong: till ep 10 I was on the group who believes HS is not in love with WS but still she has some kind of erotic attraction to him. Now, after ep 10 and 11 I would say I was wrong - it seems to be just friendship and a very very vague other feeling and the one she likes is WW. @SukBin you were right :)

Well I can cope with that and can wait one or maybe two more episodes to have her really fall in love with WS. 

My second thought of course go again to WS and LJG :) like the acting, like the consistency of the character! the only difference from the other commentaries is that I dont see him (or maybe I would say I dont like to see him so I dont see him) gravitating so much around HS. For exemple I tned to believe that drinking the poison has multiple reasons, one is protecting HS, but also CP and also himself, wanting to be the king is coming from the need to be more able to protect HS, but also from other reasons - from the discussion ith the general it seems to me that he is not so innocent about being King, something general also noticed, also theere is the need to protect himself in a Palace when in the end is only the King who survives - So, my guess is like the rain ritual and the rain phenomen, being a King is not only a destiny for him, but also his deep down choice. His love for HS is just another catalyst. In the end he is the son of his mother and his father. IMHO making him and his decisions so dependent of HS and his love to her is making his character lesser - there is so much more in WS than his love for HS and even his love for her is an expression of his personality. Is not his love for her that is making him courageous or determined, but is his strong determination and passionate affect that makes his love so powerfull!!! ... :) I think is clear I like WS more then our OTP :):) 

And my third thoughts is the love has no chance to live a long life in this palace ... is a sick palace, suffering from such a power hunger and violent, unstable, uncontrolled desires that surviving means to cut parts from your heart and kill or let be killed people you like or loved ... mother who let her child being poisoned, sister who is wacht her half brother drinking poison, father who cannot punish the criminal of his son, lover who cannot save his loved one, friends who cannot be near their suffering friend, lover who turns his back to the one he propose in order to protect his family and ambition .... the one who will stay loyal to the loved one will die ... in the end even WS will be defeated by the palace ... even if there will be no Cnovel or Cdrama, in my opinion, there is no way HS and WS will be happily living after ... even if he just want to protect HS, in this palace, protecting means killing someone and this will be heartbreaking for HS ... she is already believing that if for her living someone has to die, she doesnt want to live ... at the end of ep 11, unlike what she someday said that "Wanting to live is not a crime" , in this palace wanting to life is a crime for someone ...

and the last thought: WS is more than able to sacrifice himself for what he wants, but I doubt he is in the same way able to forgive; his passion is also ruthless and in a way is not compassionate (this is way he cannot feel guilt for his possessive and aggresive gestures) - it has too much wanting, possesing, desire to be able to forgive whithout some great suffering - so , my guess is that he will not be able to forgive HS for her relationship with WW, he is able to put his life at risk, but not to forgive her ... so he will let her go when he will find out that she not only like someone before him, but even had a relation with him. ... Only her death and her final letter would make him able to forgive her and make peace with her .. I find this very coherent with his character ... 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, SizzlerZ said:

I remember when HS was doing Lady Hae's makeup she talked about her life as Hae Jin and she mentioned how she didn't get to say anything to the two that betrayed her. I'm waiting for HS to change and in the scene from the preview where WW visits her at washing area I really want her to say something to him...  

No i think she say somethink like let's stop is my fault you don't do anything wrong  something like that is still her way she can't change for one night and more she don't know the true abouth WW and his sister ...... but that time will come in the future i hope :)

2days fighting 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

@flower4junsu Yeah, Nicky Wu (4th in C-version) was interested in Cecilia Liu (Ruoxi) but at that time she was attached (wasn't sure who was her bf at that time though she dated one staff of her agency Tangren for ~3-4 years when she started acting). Nicky mentioned at a talk show that he met a nice girl during one drama shooting and fans speculated that it was Cecilia as it coincided with finishing SH. Later, Cecilia was rumored to be dating Ming Dao [another Taiwanese actor who she co-starred "Angel Happiness" with in 2011 Oct (the drama wasn't aired/ banned because it contains HIV related issues) ]. They later met again when they act together in Bu Bu Jing Qing (modern sequel of SH) March-June 2013 and they collaborated again a few months later in August 2013 for Nicky's company produced Incisive Great Teacher, which was her first outside Tangren (CEI her management company) production.  The media started stalking them after the drama and it was speculated that they started dating towards the end of BBJQ since they announced their dating by posting pic taken @ HK during their BBJQ shooting. 

Since you mentioned actors' romance, do u know LJK ever dated???  I know this forum has a lot of Jun Ki's fans and that he only acted feminine/  high-end male prostitute in one movie (King's clown)  but does anyone heard of whether he is gay??? I'm not his fans or fans of any other Korean actors yet (I saw him in 2 weeks and thought pretty good acting macho criminal).  So, please please please do NOT egg me! I'm just curious as I don't read K-pop news and do not understand Korean :D

You should watch Healing Camp Episode 79 where LJK mentioned he is not gay and he would love to date but he prefer to keep his dating life private from the media or public.

• Like 19

7 hours ago, edensor said:

I tried to dig my memory from watching Healer bc I read she is there. But I can't remember her XD Maybe I need to re watch Healer again to look for her. 

In Healer she's Kang Minjae, the ex-fiancee and current chief of Kim Moon Ho, the famous journalist interpreted by Yoo Ji Tae. I liked her role there, and I think that she's a beautiful woman with good acting chops and a sensual voice. I know that she's starred in many dramas before, but I've never seen another one.

Usually I'm not so easily moved, but I cried a lot watching the last scenes of ep. 11... When HS and courtlady Oh were in that cave, I bawled like a baby... :bawling:

• Like 11

7 hours ago, hallyus said:

Back to Queen Yoo, maybe at that time, what Queen Yoo needs the most was a comfort from Taejo. They just lost their child, at least Taejo should respect her. But she didn't get any of it, which I think that was the time Queen Yoo lost herself in dark side. She is no more a good mother (seeing So still respected her so much even after his family abandon him as a hostage to the Shinju, means that before Queen Yoo created scar on So's face, both had a good relationship as a mom and son. So never blames her for the scar. He blames the scar that made Queen Yoo acted that way to him.) but a scary woman who wants the power. I swear to God that every time she sees Wang So, she must be remembered what made her being so far like this, only her heart is already been washed out to be filled in with greed that makes her can't see clearly. 

Did I sound blaming Taejo for this? Well yeah, that's the fact. You reap what you sow, Beha.

@hallyus I do agree with you the fact that Taejo was neither a good husband nor father and he said so himself to CP, saying that only CP was his son who stayed back to back with him at the battle fields.  He got married during mourning period of her eldest son's death and QY needed his comfort.  However, we need to reason like people from Goryeo era not from 21st centuries.  QY reacted the same when King tried to marry Hae Soo when she was already a grandmother (WY already married with kids) while other queens and concubines did not protest (do not remember, it was in international version or SBS version).  I think from the way the writer portrayed her, even if her eldest son did not die, she would still protest Taejo's marriage but probably may or may not to the extent of harming WS, depending on how close Taejo was to WS.  If she just  wanted him to wait till mourning period was over, she never needed to harm WS to get King's attention even if WS was his favorite son at that time. A mother, who was in mourning of a child, won't harm another of her child no matter how desperate situation was unless she was overshadowed by possessiveness/ jealousy towards her significant others. There are many stories where women makes their children sick so that their husbands won't leave them or to get their husbands' attention.  

I'm saying this from point of view of a woman from Goryeo.  Since this story did NOT exist in actual history, I'm analyzing her from her behavior.  Although both came from powerful clans, QY acted more proudful than WW's mom (queen Hwangbo) and it shows her strong and spoiled personality.  May be because her father was famous general under Gung Ye, founder of Taebong whom Taejo was working for, she was the first wife with real status and powerful military clan whom he married after he became prime minister of Taebong and she was the only wife until he became King in 1918 after Gung Ye was killed. CP's mom was supposedly lowly-born, her father was just local magistrate and she seemed to die early.  Although she was a Queen and a woman from Goryeo, she acted like only she deserved to be with Taejo.  I'll write about Taejo's predicament in next post (next weekend) but he was definitely a good and wise king sacrificing his body for his country (line from this internet novel translation: https://plainlybored.wordpress.com/about/) which is just founded from turmoil and very unstable (Silla, Later Bakjie and Taebong were very recent proofs) without needing more blood shed. We need to remember Taejo's reign is different from WS's Gawanjon's reign! The country is just founded and it is only a third of former Silla and two other mini-kingdoms and threat of Jurchen from the north existed.

Anyhow, having 29-30 consorts and not mourning of a child by the king are not new to me being raised in culture with kings with many wives and many children.  You know some kings in southeast Asian and China has 50 consorts or more. Even Rama V who ruled till 1910 had 116 total queens, consorts and concubines and 33 sons/ 44 daughters that I won't blame him if he did NOT know one of his consorts or children died (especially a daughter) if they weren't favored until a few days or sometime later.  If he planned a trip or certain ceremony during their death, I'm pretty sure he would still continue with it. 

Just pointing out the fact that Queen Yoo was overcame by her greed for Taejo's love that she forgot about the Queen's judy as mother of the kingdom, meaning she even needed to raise his children if their mother died young...

• Like 18

33 minutes ago, arabela said:

hello everybody

Finally seeing with subs ep 10 and 11 and just want to share some of my thoughts:

First of all I have to say that I was wrong: till ep 10 I was on the group who believes HS is not in love with WS but still she has some kind of erotic attraction to him. Now, after ep 10 and 11 I would say I was wrong - it seems to be just friendship and a very very vague other feeling and the one she likes is WW. @SukBin you were right :)

Well I can cope with that and can wait one or maybe two more episodes to have her really fall in love with WS. 

My second thought of course go again to WS and LJG :) like the acting, like the consistency of the character! the only difference from the other commentaries is that I dont see him (or maybe I would say I dont like to see him so I dont see him) gravitating so much around HS. For exemple I tned to believe that drinking the poison has multiple reasons, one is protecting HS, but also CP and also himself, wanting to be the king is coming from the need to be more able to protect HS, but also from other reasons - from the discussion ith the general it seems to me that he is not so innocent about being King, something general also noticed, also theere is the need to protect himself in a Palace when in the end is only the King who survives - So, my guess is like the rain ritual and the rain phenomen, being a King is not only a destiny for him, but also his deep down choice. His love for HS is just another catalyst. In the end he is the son of his mother and his father. IMHO making him and his decisions so dependent of HS and his love to her is making his character lesser - there is so much more in WS than his love for HS and even his love for her is an expression of his personality. Is not his love for her that is making him courageous or determined, but is his strong determination and passionate affect that makes his love so powerfull!!! ... :) I think is clear I like WS more then our OTP :):) 

And my third thoughts is the love has no chance to live a long life in this palace ... is a sick palace, suffering from such a power hunger and violent, unstable, uncontrolled desires that surviving means to cut parts from your heart and kill or let be killed people you like or loved ... mother who let her child being poisoned, sister who is wacht her half brother drinking poison, father who cannot punish the criminal of his son, lover who cannot save his loved one, friends who cannot be near their suffering friend, lover who turns his back to the one he propose in order to protect his family and ambition .... the one who will stay loyal to the loved one will die ... in the end even WS will be defeated by the palace ... even if there will be no Cnovel or Cdrama, in my opinion, there is no way HS and WS will be happily living after ... even if he just want to protect HS, in this palace, protecting means killing someone and this will be heartbreaking for HS ... she is already believing that if for her living someone has to die, she doesnt want to live ... at the end of ep 11, unlike what she someday said that "Wanting to live is not a crime" , in this palace wanting to life is a crime for someone ...

and the last thought: WS is more than able to sacrifice himself for what he wants, but I doubt he is in the same way able to forgive; his passion is also ruthless and in a way is not compassionate (this is way he cannot feel guilt for his possessive and aggresive gestures) - it has too much wanting, possesing, desire to be able to forgive whithout some great suffering - so , my guess is that he will not be able to forgive HS for her relationship with WW, he is able to put his life at risk, but not to forgive her ... so he will let her go when he will find out that she not only like someone before him, but even had a relation with him. ... Only her death and her final letter would make him able to forgive her and make peace with her .. I find this very coherent with his character ... 

I somewhat agree with your thoughts but not the last one. I think he easily forgives those he cares about, like his father only had to praise him once after the rain ritual and all his pain disappeared. As for WW and HS, he will forgive Soo but he may not forgive Wook for turning his back on HS and hurting her. I think your thought here is more for the C-version 4th prince.  So is not the same and I can't see him ignoring her when she is weak and dying after all they have been through. I think the K-version will be written differently and more in line with So's character. The writer hasn't lessened So's character with HS but has added another dimension to him, one that he can balance with his original characterization and one that is needed to make him a good and powerful king at the end. Maybe this was the reason GHJ/HS ended back in time, to change him for the better.

• Like 11

Hey everyone. Been away from the forum for a day or so, cuz of some problems at home.

Anyway, can someone please help? Remember this scene in Ep6:

OYnJSP0.png

This shot is right after the princes ran out past Ji-mong to fawn over HS, who has just been made a court lady. There was a small exchange of words between WS and JM here. One line from WS (in somewhat accusatory tone) and one from JM (sounding slightly guilty).

Whoever knows Korean... can you please help me translate what they said? I have been scouring through the net for subs that include those lines... but the subs (for both dramafever and SBS versions) only include what the other princes are saying in the background. And I really really needa know what they said. (Sorry, my OCD tendencies acting up today.)

Thanks in advance, Eclipses.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

Sorry to cut your post .... about LJK ever dated .... 

Spoiler

I'm sure he dated many times secretly .... and his last rumored was with Jeon Hye Bin, the second lead from Joseon Gunman.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

I love your theory! Could be ! Because in history , Solar Eclipses were recorded in 975 . The year Gwangjong died was in July of 975 and since the production have license to alter history, it could be plausible.

07066  0975 Feb 14  02:17:42   1705 -12676  104   A   n-  -0.3314  0.9258  30S 162E  70  296  08m56s
07067  0975 Aug 10  00:46:07   1702 -12670  109   T   n-   0.2907  1.0692  31N 179W  73  236  05m45s

Interestingly, there was a solar eclipse in 942, when Go Ha Jin was transported back to Goryeo, Autumn/Winter. 

06992  0942 May 17  23:50:31   1905 -13081  101   A   nn   0.0504  0.9481  23N 172W  87  191  06m15s
06993  0942 Nov 11  06:58:47   1902 -13075  106   T   n-  -0.2281  1.0370  31S  75E  77  127  03m05s

source NASA

The writer must have done a thorough research/references. :D

Wow! Hahhaha...this show is making sleuths out of us. The writer might have gotten some hint from c-drama "Gong" - a rather shameless adaptation of BBJX (without the author's approval) but was hugely successful as they released it before BBJX. Solar eclipse was part of the plot too. 

• Like 14