[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 hours ago, MiisOh said:

From the footage its up coming episode right because hae soo costume is more like miss oh

Meaning hae soo becone court lady again....

This drama really killing me...

Translation..pls

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jetsu said:

Sorry to cut your post .... about LJK ever dated .... 

Hide contents

I'm sure he dated many times secretly .... and his last rumored was with Jeon Hye Bin, the second lead from Joseon Gunman.  

I google her... wow shes sexy!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, moonlover399993 said:

I saw this one, but I think everybody has already seen it.

*gasp.. 

I havent seen this one.. Yaaay.. *do the dance thing

Are you sure this is the one with HS as sanggong?

In another topic, I saw this on IG

Here IU said, she will be diligent HS, ruthless HS and kind HS. Ruthless?!?!

Your comments pleasee

• Like 21

4 hours ago, junejungki said:

I read somewhere in this thread, Jung Ki purposesly lose 15kg for his role as Wang So. I saw him in Scholar Walk The Night. His face is more rounder.

Yes he sure did.  In the last few episodes, his sharp jaw line and thin body is much noticeable as compared to earlier episodes.      

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Akiddo said:

Weekends are dreadful ever since I got hooked on this drama. I am actually happy when Monday arrives - for sure there will be a new preview around early afternoon and more production stills. 

One way to get through the long wait is to rewatch old episodes to catch some new clues that perhaps could give us a glimpse of the next 9 episodes.

1. Almost all the scenes found in the trailers have been shown except for a few. The C-version showed plenty of hints on how the story would progress in the opening and closing credits but the k version is rather stingy. As far as I can see, the second half would be quite different from the C-version as Wang So is not going to be the King until 6-7 years later. There are 2 more Kings to get through before he gets to the throne. 

2. Wang Mu's reign (maybe 2-3 episodes?)

I am actually looking forward to Wang Mu's reign to give our OTP some breathing space to grow their relationship. Wang So would have gained power and support by now with his war victories - this mirrors the victories of 14th prince in BBJX.  Hae Soo would be released from the laundry department and promoted to Sanggung to serve Wang Mu. Not many knows his condition and it would be best to have someone he trusts to take care of his needs. Pretty logical plot progression.

It is unlikely Hae Soo would jump into a relationship with Wang So. However i am certain that she missed and thought of him while he was away. She heeds the advice of Oh Sanggung who died for her. Soo draws the line with 4th and 8th at all costs so as not to disappoint her mentor in heaven. 

Wang Mu may or may not grant the marriage - not because he doesn't want to - if both So and Soo want to be together badly enough - no reason for Wang Mu to disagree as long as his position as King is not compromised.

Hence, Wang So has to continue to woo Soo. Soo probably has very deep feelings for him but lacks the courage to be involved romantically. 

3. Wang Yo's reign (maybe another 2-3 eps)

This is a black hole at the moment. But to over turn his reign - there is bound to be a rebellion or coup d'état of some sort.

Wang So will not and cannot be in the palace under Wong Yo's reign. He is likely to be some sort of rebellion prince to lead his people to a new Goryo. Soo should be by So's side during this period as she is unlikely to be spared after being Mu's loyal servant. This Soo gets the royal box seat to witness the rise of Gwangjong and help him achieve his goal in the process. The journey opens her eyes to what Gwangjong has to sacrifice to bring peace and prosperity to Goryeo. There could be a promise of marriage or actual marriage between them...who knows? OTP's love at this stage has to be burning and passionate - even death will not keep them apart type of love. 

4. Wang So's reign (2-3 eps)

Our OTP face new challenges when Gwangjong ascends to the dragon throne. He needs a queen and Soo is not going to be the queen no matter how much he tries. So faces the same dilemma like his Father -  marry for power while try to stay true to self with the love of his life by his side. That's wishful thinking. Power corrupts, power changes a person completely - especially in the palace. Soo is likely to be weakened by the palace politics and poor health - chooses to leave. Perhaps the cave will be reopened in secret for her to leave? Wang So is unlikely to let her go the same way 4th prince bbjx did. Interesting to see what plot device they will use to cause the final rift between our OTP. Yeonhwa, Chae Ryung, 9th Prince are likely culprits.

My only hope is that if the show has to break our hearts - please please please let Hae Soo and So be together to say their final goodbyes to each other in the Goryeo era.  Soo wakes up in modern times while So passes on after 26 years but dies precisely on the day of a rare total eclipse. His soul travels to modern day Seoul and ends up in his current day physical body. Of course - if the plot goes towards that direction - Hae Soo and So will have a happily ever after. 

Sounds too optimistic? One can hope yah? :) 

Whoaaa! I love your analysis! I think I've officially over used that statement on this forum... 

If things go as you say then I feel that from about half way through Wang Yo's reign to the end of Wang So's reign will be quite difficult and d hard for us viewers because that's when Wang So has to start making some tough decisionsas a political figure. I hope I am wrong but if that does happen by any chance then the ending that you've said will do more than just send me over the moon. I'm dying to see a happy ending for these too so fingers crossed things go as you say. 

Really loved reading your post :):)

• Like 19

43 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I somewhat agree with your thoughts but not the last one. I think he easily forgives those he cares about, like his father only had to praise him once after the rain ritual and all his pain disappeared. As for WW and HS, he will forgive Soo but he may not forgive Wook for turning his back on HS and hurting her. I think your thought here is more for the C-version 4th prince.  So is not the same and I can't see him ignoring her when she is weak and dying after all they have been through. I think the K-version will be written differently and more in line with So's character. The writer hasn't lessened So's character with HS but has added another dimension to him, one that he can balance with his original characterization and one that is needed to make him a good and powerful king at the end. Maybe this was the reason GHJ/HS ended back in time, to change him for the better.

Yes, you are right about how fast he forgives his father AFTER his recognition !!! thanks for reminding that :) 

I think he could forgive her AFTER she will do something (like her letter) ... I havent seen or read Cdrama and Cnovel, only recaps, but I dont remember the 4th prince to conscioulsy ignore her being weak and dying - he just dont know she was so ill and near death  - he was devasted that she died, like he said in pain "I didnt give you permission to die" ... About the lessening of WS's character I wasnt refering to writer, my mistake! I wasnt clear - contrary :) so I dont think WS will ignore her being ill and dying, he will also probably dont know ... 

But I recognise I could be wrong, and WS could not get so jealouse and unforgiven and  the writer will take another way to break them apart 

THANKS very much for taking time to reply !!!

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Akiddo said:

Soo wakes up in modern times while So passes on after 26 years but dies precisely on the day of a rare total eclipse. His soul travels to modern day Seoul and ends up in his current day physical body. Of course - if the plot goes towards that direction - Hae Soo and So will have a happily ever after. 

Sounds too optimistic? One can hope yah? :) 

This! I hope this prediction of yours will come true. I am crossing my fingers, my legs and even my eyes. ;)

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

Interestingly, there was a solar eclipse in 942, when Go Ha Jin was transported back to Goryeo, Autumn/Winter. 

The writer must have done a thorough research/references. :D

Nice post! Informative. :)

1 hour ago, jetsu said:

Hide contents

I'm sure he dated many times secretly .... and his last rumored was with Jeon Hye Bin, the second lead from Joseon Gunman.  

This is new to me. Will google her name after i post this. ;)Thanks. :)

• Like 14

I'm not sure if I'm missing the obvious here but why are WS and WW fighting? 

They can't be fighting to be kind because that's CP and it can't be to be the new CP either because that would be the next prince in line, Wang Yo right? 

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I love your theory! Could be ! Because in history , Solar Eclipses were recorded in 975 . The year Gwangjong died was in July of 975 and since the production have license to alter history, it could be plausible.

07066  0975 Feb 14  02:17:42   1705 -12676  104   A   n-  -0.3314  0.9258  30S 162E  70  296  08m56s
07067  0975 Aug 10  00:46:07   1702 -12670  109   T   n-   0.2907  1.0692  31N 179W  73  236  05m45s

Interestingly, there was a solar eclipse in 942, when Go Ha Jin was transported back to Goryeo, Autumn/Winter. 

06992  0942 May 17  23:50:31   1905 -13081  101   A   nn   0.0504  0.9481  23N 172W  87  191  06m15s
06993  0942 Nov 11  06:58:47   1902 -13075  106   T   n-  -0.2281  1.0370  31S  75E  77  127  03m05s

source NASA

Was there one between 949-955? Just curious because there is a theory that something happened in between because WS and YH only had their first child 6 years after they got married and that was in 955. Thanks.

• Like 11

17 hours ago, junejungki said:

You should watch Healing Camp Episode 79 where LJK mentioned he is not gay and he would love to date but he prefer to keep his dating life private from the media or public.

Hi, Thanks for the info but I don't watch those reality show or game shows even US ones and I don't usually finish watching most K-dramas except Innocent man as to me, most of them got dragged in the middle and I don't understand any Korean at all compared to Mandarin. I didn't finish LJK's Two Weeks though I like it in the beginning. I'm going to watch his Cop drama shot in Thailand (Wolf and Dog) after exam and hopefully I would finish it :D I started watching this because of my love for SH C-version and MLSHR very nice previews. 

Anyhow, below is just my view and I might be TOTALLY WRONG and he might be like "Andy Lau" who hid his gf/ wife Carol Chu for 20 yrs and did not make it official till he was 47 and Leo Ku whose wife was his manager and did not get married till 2014 (after 20 yrs).

Spoiler

Also, my judgement of whether or not a guy is gay, is not great at all...!!! One of my close friends and former labmate who is from French is gay and I thought he was very cute the first time I met him but I know his another friend was gay right away (not because he is gay his friends are but just one happened to be). Although I was married, I guess I have very very little dating experiences. One of my distant cousins' husband was very feminine to me but they're married and have a daughter though I'm still not sure whether he is bi as my country looks down very badly on gay/ lesbian.  In my home country, people consider "gay" as people who sell candies wearing female clothes and hair dressers/ make-up artists.  They are the only ones who live openly but of course many closets cases until now.  Of course, my opinion of "gay/ lesbian" is totally different now that I've lived in US for 18 yrs. 

@flower4junsu@junejungki @jetsu @LyraYoo I saw those rumors news in English but did not see any picture of him with anyone together outside.  I'm not bashing LJK but to me personally, he wore too much make-up compared to other male actors during Cosmopolitan magazine cover shoot, their script reading, end of drama shooting dinner, drama promotion and his IG pics that people posted here (I don't have IG) and among all 7 guys, he acted the most feminine to me outside shooting and during interviews. I'm used to actors getting married late as I follow Chinese drama and my dad got married when he was 44 (he dated and engaged to a few but broken off for different reasons before he married to my mar).  I know Nicky Wu, Jimmy Lin and Ruby Lin since I was in my early teens when I was still in SE Asia and their marriages were late but all of them had rumors and some proofs of their dating. Both Jimmy Lin and Ruby Lin were very private people too and they talked about the fact that they dated.  However, I cannot find any proof with LJK except rumors with his two co-stars.  His rumors with both UEE and Yoo Ri-Ah (Miss Korea) whom he claimed he went out once for coffee happened in early 2012 right before he got discharged from military.  After 16 yrs in industry...NOT even single picture together with a girl except for press conference???

In my home country, there were very successful, talented and multiple award winning three actors who claimed they were not gays (one died without ever getting married but had a few adopted sons, another one is already 50 and still not married yet though he also had a couple of dating rumors when he was younger, another one 36 and no rumors of dating, even his mom talked about her son not being gay openly and he always say he wants to get married by certain age if he found the one in the interviews...waiting to see) . Both 50 and 36 years old actors even publish short stories in magazine and their life journey book claiming their romantic love stories (Of course without names but it does not seem to be reality.)

Please do not feel offended as in this post,  I'm just trying to let flower4junsu, junejungki, LyraYoo and jetsu know what I felt. I' do NOT care about Lee Jon Ki's (any actor's) sexual orientation as I'm not even in my twenties anymore and I just watch drama/ movies for their acting and elements I can analyze and learn as learning is fun for me though I don't wanna memorize some stuff. As a talented actor, I want him many more successes, happy life whomever he chooses to be with and better rating for his drama at his home tuff!!!

LJK fighting! Good nite Eclipsers...really got to sleep~

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, jayakris said:

From darksmurfsubs.com ... We have finished subbing the Ep 11.  Those of you who want soft subs srt files can download it there.  We may go back and tweak some song lyrics or add a few more lyrics lines later, but otherwise it is good to go.

Gosh, it wasn't easy to subtitle this episode.  It is tough to do when you are tearing up at some so many places.  The subbing colleague of mine was crying her eyes out (so she says) and me, an older man who is not supposed to cry, pretty much choking up.

By the way, am I the only one impressed by the Princess Yeon Hwa actress?  She has been doing a terrific job.  I particularly noticed the scene at the beginning when Wang So walks off from the banquet and she gets up to ask for 3 cups.  She first looked at the evil queen who just looked away.  The expression on the princess' face was striking.  For a split second she showed disbelief at the mother being least bothered of the son who had just had poison, and also her own caring (which she has somewhere inside) for Wang So.  In a second it was a smile on her face, meant for the King.  Another scene that I liked was in Ep.10 when she walked into the evil queen's room to start the whole evil plot. She walked in even as the attendant ladies were announcing, with her head turned up.  Talk about style! ... I had never seen this actress before, but I'm impressed.

You surely weren't the only one, I was impressed by her as well :) . I meant to comment on her amazing acting earlier but was too caught up about what was going to come in the next episode that I completely forgot. 
It's my first time seeing Kang Ha-Na (Princess Yeon Hwa) and I am really impressed by her acting! I love it when she gets into arguments whether they be small like her argueing with her mother to stop WW or big ones like the one she had with WW. I really like the chemistry between the two (as siblings) especially in that scene. I have to say, the KHN and KHN (LOL:P ) really did a flawless job with that one. :)

• Like 12

I love your theory! Could be ! Because in history , Solar Eclipses were recorded in 975 . The year Gwangjong died was in July of 975 and since the production have license to alter history, it could be plausible.

07066  0975 Feb 14  02:17:42   1705 -12676  104   A   n-  -0.3314  0.9258  30S 162E  70  296  08m56s
07067  0975 Aug 10  00:46:07   1702 -12670  109   T   n-   0.2907  1.0692  31N 179W  73  236  05m45s

06992  0942 May 17  23:50:31   1905 -13081  101   A   nn   0.0504  0.9481  23N 172W  87  191  06m15s
06993  0942 Nov 11  06:58:47   1902 -13075  106   T   n-  -0.2281  1.0370  31S  75E  77  127  03m05s

source NASA

With what you've said it seems that the writers are quite accurate with the history relations to drama and show they want to stick to the facts. Your findings really do raise hopes for a happy ending! Excellent work with your research :) 

• Like 17

source NASA

I LOVE THIS THEORY AS WELL. HELL, I ADORE IT TO BITS. It's just that we have estabilished that HJ/HS came to Goryeo in 941, not 942 (which is now).

• Like 18

33 minutes ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

Hi, Thanks for the info but I don't watch those reality show or game shows even US ones and I don't usually finish watching most K-dramas except Innocent man and Nine Time Travel as to me, most of them got dragged in the middle and I don't understand any Korean at all compared to Mandarin. I didn't even finish LJK's Two Weeks though I like it in the beginning. I'm going to watch his Cop drama shot in Thailand (Wolf and Dog) after exam and hopefully I would finish it :D I started watching this because of my love for SH C-version and MLSHR very nice previews. 

Anyhow, below is just my view and I might be TOTALLY WRONG and he might be like "Andy Lau" who hid his gf/ wife Carol Chu for 20 yrs and did not make it official till he was 47 and Leo Ku whose wife was his manager and did not get married till 2014 (after 20 yrs). 

Also, my judgement of whether or not a guy is gay, is not great at all...!!! One of my close friends and former labmate who is from French is gay and I thought he was very cute the first time I met him but I know his another friend was gay right away (not because he is gay his friends are but just one happened to be). Although I was married, I guess I have very very little dating experiences. One of my distant cousins' husband was very feminine to me but they're married and have a daughter though I'm still not sure whether he is bi as my country looks down very badly on gay/ lesbian.  In my home country, people consider "gay" as people who sell candies wearing female clothes and hair dressers/ make-up artists.  They are the only ones who live openly but of course many closets cases until now.  Of course, my opinion of "gay/ lesbian" is totally different now that I've lived in US for 18 yrs. 

@flower4junsu@junejungki @jetsu I saw those rumors news in English but did not see any picture of him with anyone together outside.  I'm not bashing LJK but to me personally, he wore too much make-up compared to other male actors during Cosmopolitan magazine cover shoot, their script reading, end of drama shooting dinner, drama promotion and his IG pics that people posted here (I don't have IG) and among all 7 guys, he acted the most feminine to me outside shooting and during interviews. I'm used to actors getting married late as I follow Chinese drama and my dad got married when he was 44 (he dated and engaged to a few but broken off for different reasons before he married to my mar).  I know Nicky Wu, Jimmy Lin and Ruby Lin since I was in my early teens when I was still in SE Asia and their marriages were late but all of them had rumors and some proofs of their dating. Both Jimmy Lin and Ruby Lin were very private people too and they talked about the fact that they dated.  However, I cannot find any proof with LJK except rumors with his two co-stars.  His rumors with both UEE and Yoo Ri-Ah (Miss Korea) whom he claimed he went out once for coffee happened in early 2012 right before he got discharged from military.  After 26 yrs in industry...NOT even single picture together except in gym???

In my country, there were three actors who claimed they were not gays (one died without ever getting married but had a few adopted sons, another one is already 50 and still not married yet though he also had a couple of dating rumors when he was younger, another one 36 and no rumors of dating, even his mom talked about her son not being gay openly in the interviews...waiting to see) 

Please do not quote me  or debate with me as in this post,  I'm just trying to let flower4junsu, junejungki and jetsu know what I think. I'm NOT interested in Lee Jon Ki's sexual orientation. As a talented actor, I want him many more success, happy life whomever he chooses to be with and better rating for his drama at his home tuff!!!

LJK fighting! Good nite Eclipsers...really got to sleep~

No worry dear. Weather or not he is gay, it is his life after all. He choose what he wants to be. Same goes to my country. People look down on lesbian and gay. Sigh!!

1 hour ago, jetsu said:

Yes he sure did.  In the last few episodes, his sharp jaw line and thin body is much noticeable as compared to earlier episodes.      

Yes. I dont like what I see. He is too thin!!! Perhaps gaining a kilo or two wont hurt. Is it really necessary for him to lose so much weight.

• Like 7