[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

6 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Actually, the court officials in the last episode pointed out that WS would be the best king BECAUSE he has no affiliations and obligations, so he's free to decide what's best for the country in its entirety, and I must say that I agree with them. 

Moreover, he's resolute, smart, down-to-earth and disenchanted, he's got the guts needed for the role, and he's not lacking in the empathic department, but not to the point that he's not able to make difficult choices and make a stand. 

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, gwiyeowooh said:

Hi Everyone... this is my first time posting on a forum. 

I did not know that such forum for dramas exist but because I really like and enjoy Moon Lovers, I had been searching the internet about the drama, articles, history and I came across this forum. 

I had been silently lurking on this forum since ep 4 and I was amazed by all the analysis and input that everyone has about the drama. \(^_^)/

I was even amazed that you guys even do live recaps.. (0.0)

Aside from the drama itself the members analysis here makes me excited and understand the drama even more.

And now I am here created an accout just to leave a comment. I just want to say thanks for live recaps and everyones analysis. I really enjoy reading it..

Excited for tonights episode!!! 0(>.<)0

hi, gwiyeowooh 귀여워 !

same case here. Spelbound by Moonlovers I came here. Second post, just to tell you  "nice  to meet you" and I´m looking forward for more of you!

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, dears said:

In regards to people's critics on the casts' acting.

Some people criticize IU's acting. But for me, from the start, I found nothing wrong with her acting. She is believable as Hae Soo.

Same thing applied to Baekhyun.

I'm quite sensitive about how the casts acted in a drama, because if one scene is awkward or the casts do something they shouldn't have, I immediately feel it, and even if I put comment on that, I would not say "oh, her acting is bad, etc", but instead I will say: "in scene A, she should've paused after saying sentence 1, that would make her sadness more real", for example.

I think there's nothing wrong in saying your opinion, but you should say it in constructive manner instead of attacking someone. Because acting is hard. It's not like if we were given the role, we could do better than the casts. So let's not make them stressed up and support them instead.

i agree with you..instead of criticizing lets support the actors and  thank them for bringing to life the historical characters...

• Like 8

6 hours ago, briseis said:

That will happen later, when Lady Oh wil take the blame and HS will be released - she is begging for Lady Oh's pardon

Please do not quote images- Thank You

Hide contents

Source: ML twitter

Thank you @briseis:D

I wonder what will happen between her getting released and her begging for Concubine Oh ... 

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, jerboa83 said:

Actually, the court officials in the last episode pointed out that WS would be the best king BECAUSE he has no affiliations and obligations, so he's free to decide what's best for the country in its entirety, and I must say that I agree with them. 

Still not the point. It's not about who's the better fit to be King, in terms of circumstances. (Not to mention, in the episode, they are endorsing WS so as to drive a wedge between WS & CP, so I'm not even sure whether it counts.)

I'm talking about one's character. WS has the don't-care attitude towards everyone except HS, Baek-ah & possibly mommy-dearest. He doesn't care about rules, or ruling. He has no skill in societal interactions (which he himself admits to Baek-ah). He has no willingness to serve, especially if it means losing HS. This is a man that has sacrificed many to save his treacherous mother. It is fair to say, he will have no qualms about sacrificing more lives (and even the kingdom) if it means saving HS.

If you feel such a man is fit to rule, I guess it's your opinion.

I am a fierce defender of WS, because I understand and embrace his character for his strength and his flaws. But I am not willing to glorify him for what he isn't. He is a deeply flawed man... one that HS will come to love nonetheless, but that doesn't mean he is perfect.

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Did you see the word "arguably" in front of that "lesser man" part? No? Your argument only centers around what he can do for HS alone... which I obviously agree that WS is a better choice in my post.

WS can be considered a lesser man than WW in social standing, familial bond, poise & education. He can be considered a bigger man to WW in terms of physical prowess & what protection he can provide to HS. Nothing is black and white; it depends on what your metric of measurement is. (And sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around only HS.) That is why I put the word "arguably" in it.

In the times of Goryeo, as a prince, WS should care about the future of his Kingdom; it's his duty to do so. But he doesn't. He cares only about his future with HS. And he can do that, because he doesn't have much in terms of familial bond or attachment to his People. Whereas WW has family that he cares about, that he needs to look after. He is duty-bound, and thus, he cares about state affairs & palace affairs.

Which makes WS the better leading man for HS, but WW the better man through the lens of being a Goryeo prince. It's not criticism to either part. That's just who they are.

I would like to add something: Wang So is still not interested in the palace politics. He had no idea about the embezzlement from Mu's family. Fact is that he still doesn't know how politics work. When he heard about the poisoning, he couldn't think of a better solution than wait until it happens. Therefore he will have trouble with his mother because he doesn't know how to pull the strings or better said, he has no connection at the palace. He is intelligent, but like he said, he has difficulties to relate to people too. So his social skills are also lacking.

The bottom of the line is that Wang So needs to learn from Hae Soo (social skills) and from Baek Ah who seems to know people like maids aso (connection). He was a little naive that his brother Mu would doubt his fidelity and feelings due to lies, although Wang So put his life on the line for him before. He was naive to think that his father wouldn't change his mind, since he was really genuine to be a loyal subject. Wang So was smart enough to realise the truth behind his mother's words. No matter what, he is still a shield for the CP so that he is still disposable.

But the difference between Wang So and the others is that he is a quick learner and he doesn't allow people to dictate his life, while all the other princes do the opposite. Yo is acting on his mother's behalf, Won lied for Yoo and Mu allowed his family to abuse its position, Eun was forced to marry SD, Wook always thinks of his family aso.

Edit: I have also noticed something else: While Wang So is more the type "carpe diem" (enjoy the present moment due to his childhood), Wang Wook is the exact opposite. He thinks too much about the future or the past so that he can't make a decision and enjoy the moment. Therefore he promised so many things to Hae Soo.

@fathiayunia @dramu51ch0c10ve@zi4r

@syeramy @littleloony @Yongzura @valsava  @junee22 @evie7

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Yep.. She is making it with extract ginseng and honey for you know what, babe!! Wakakaka...

what?? for what? oh please i'm still innocent  dong-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862500

aahahhahahah.... oh my god.. i seriously choking my coffee right now. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, tianaa said:

i am hoping for hae so to be warm to wang so cos she is the only one by his sideimage.gif

And he's the only one by her side ;)

@MadraRua you missed me in the roll call, but I don't mind at all, coz I'll be camping here anyway, since whenever I was free LOL. Yes, I never close the tab to this thread even while getting some work done :P

• Like 8

Hi...everyone...this my first time ..writing on thread...before I just silent reader.

I have been watch MLSHR since ep 1 in 2 version . SBS downloaded and live cast in One..

Each version fill the gap that makes me understand better.

Know i watch live cast in One..back later.

• Like 9