[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

What I find interesting was when HS fainted aft slitting her wrist. She saw the current king dies (by drowning) so she was suddenly gifted a foresight? She also recalls the next 4th king killed his brothers to ascend the throne. The plot is really picking up.

I'm amazed by how much ground is covered in this episode. Though I feel sorry for Lady Hae's passing. I'm glad we didn't spend too much time mourning that. We got the sudden marriage proposed by Hae family. The Prince unified to save HS. The 10th Prince playing decoy with WW. WS helping HS escape. JM arrived to bring HS to the palace as it runs out the groom is the king himself. HS agreed to go in order not to cause trouble to the princes. HS being prepared for the wedding. WJ thn WW and then SY all appeared before the empress to get help to stop the wedding. King himself found out just awhile before his marriage who the bride will be. WW knelt on King's pathway to HS. WS appeared too and gave the king another option to tackle Hae family but couldn't outargue the king who foresee other issues and tell them he does not need to do what is morally right but what excuse to be used. HS hears all this. She uses a fragment of porcelain and slit her wrist. Knowing that a scarred woman cannot be Wed the to king. King laughed at her audacity and bravery. She got off the hook . fainted. WW rushed to hold her. WS looked on, his feet seemingly wanted to go to HS. WW carried her out with all the other Princes (all minus two) in the courtyard waiting for news. HS treated by lady oh who tells her she would be punished. HS maturely and calmly states she got her wish to protect what she intended and will pay the price for it. Lady oh looks at her with interest and maybe admiration? WW appears and lady oh while closing the door looks at them with her experienced eyes, knowing there is more between them. WW has sth akeen to confession scene and HS is recptive. They embraced. JM helped out HS by putting a gd word in front of the king. Instead of being sent off as slave she would work as palace maid under lady oh. WW and HS wandered in the palace garden.WW held her wrist looking at the bandage but upon seeing JM he dropped her hand like it's on fire. JM came to tell where she's assigned to. After he walkef off, WW gabe her another letter. Insyead pf a poem, he gave her his version of a smiley emoticon (the eyes are mafe up of Hanja character for human while the mouth is made up of the character mouth). Then all the other Princes also came to cheer her on, WS trudging behimd and stayed wordlessly in the background. HS when walking pass him gave him an acknowledgement nod of her head while WS's eyes trained on her bandaged wrist. HS goes to the bathouse (it's weird how her fate is tied to this bathhouse) . all the other maids are looking at her, some whispering. She turned around and sees Lady Oh. End.

That's about it in a nut shell. All this in 65mins or less. And we had a total of 15mins or less of WS :cold_sweat: hope that changes next episode

• Like 19

Just now, Diana Blanche said:

I still see more gratitude than love in her eyes. .

Lol. Actually I see admiration in her eyes and I think it's mainly because she thinks that he's her saviour. Almost everytime she feels depressed, does not know what to do, and is in danger, he's always there for her. That's why I think she admires her as her saviour but she can not open up entirely with him. It's easy to like a man like WW as he's every girl's dream man. Well-mannered, gentle, knows how to deal with women, and smart. He's got all the ingredients to be a dream man. No wonder HS can like him that quick. 

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, wackeemarie said:

sorry to cut your post. I agree, though I enjoyed reading the recaps & watchinh the video clips, there were times wherein I'd have rewatch or re read to verify to story flow. Just like BA remembering his drinking session with HS while he asked for WS's help. Last 2 episodes he was practically annoyed at least with HS for the WW-Lady Hae-HS situation. Then this episode we get a drinking session memory.

your comment made me remember WS's words to his mother during their face off after he killed & burned the assassins to disassociate the attack on CP.he said,non verbatim, that its the day his mom abadoned him & she'll never forget him. Plus his convo with the Gen in the previews. I guess he knows he needs some kind of power to survive in Songak. 

Yes, actually I dared to say that because I remembered that scene where he said that he would stay in the palace and did everything to make his mom would never forget him and had eyes only for him. 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

29 wives 32 childs

Gah, i know in the past, the king would like to pick a woman and make her as his wife as he wants to but 29 wives. No matter to say, 29 wives are too much. 

Episode 6 has five minutes screen for Wang So. Wang So yaaaaa T______T 

• Like 11

@ruzikie Yes, I agree that Wang So doesn't accept his fate as outcast any longer but this doesn't mean, he wants to be the king. Wang So is intelligent. He knows, he has not the support and the means to do such a thing. Like he mentioned it to the king Taejo, he wants to be loyal to the king and the Crown Prince. If he acts as such, his reputation and status will change and that's his primar goal.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, Brenda Capers said:

Im wondering will WS be able to be a king with a scar?.........if HS could not marry the king because she is scarred....would that also stand to reason that WS could not be a king being scarred?

We still don't know how too, but somewhere in next episodes Soo has his scar dissapear..... And based on history he will be the longest king that run Goryeo than his other siblings, Mo and Yo. Mo only 2 years and Yo 4 years. But Soo last more than 20 years and died because a disease. 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Gah, i know in the past, the king would like to pick a woman and make her as his wife as he wants to but 29 wives. No matter to say, 29 wives are too much. 

Episode 6 has five minutes screen for Wang So. Wang So yaaaaa T______T 

From what I remember about BBJX, in the beginning part of the dramas where RX and the 8th prince still loved each other, the 4th prince also did not show much and therefore made the drama's progress quite slower for me *CMIW* 

So, we should not count the appearance of our WS like that lol or else, it's quite pitiful for us, WS-HS shipper. :P

• Like 15

@ruzikie well I agree with you on this. I think I still like him to do something than nothing but it is a little worrying . First he's still trying to conceal his feeling from others by trying to show he only care because Soo is his wife's cousin (that failed miserably, I think) then he no longer care if anyone know by visiting Soo's room. I mean I get that his feeling is intensify because it was long supress so I get that goes from 10 to 100 but his recklessness is worrying indeed. We know he will change because of Soo and I think it's not going to be good. He's a good man, it's true. But a good man can change if he thinks he is in the corner with no way out. He needs the power soon if he wants Soo to be his. He's been eyeing for the throne for so long and is a wolf in hiding, trying to bid his time until it os the right time to show off his claw. Hae Soo is only the trigger to wanting it sooner. But once the claw is out is what I'm worrying for.

@sunshinefate maybe. But It's not the storyline that's bothering me. It's the flow of the story. I get that So is not fall in love with her yet but still want to help but they don't show the scene in between or at least his expression to show that he indeed care for that girl. The editing is cruel in this ep. Idk, maybe it's just me. 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, bebebisous33 said:

@ruzikie Yes, I agree that Wang So doesn't accept his fate as outcast any longer but this doesn't mean, he wants to be the king. Wang So is intelligent. He knows, he has not the support and the means to do such a thing. Like he mentioned it to the king Taejo, he wants to be loyal to the king and the Crown Prince. If he acts as such, his reputation and status will change and that's his primar goal.

He just wants to play safe this time and it suits him better. To prove himself better, he better take the king's trust better than else. 

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, luci13 said:

Anyway, one question after watching episode 6: Now that HS was given some premonitions on the future game of throne and bloodshed that are bound to happen. Judging from her initial 'investigation', she kinda suspects 8th and now I wonder how this preliminary thoughts is going to be executed? Will she eventually suspect WS to be Gwangjong on her premonitions thus she will try her best to keep the bloodshed not to happen? I wonder if the writer is trying to make WS the target instead (means that other princes will be trying to kill him) so that's how HS will give some twists and turns? 

I love the premonition scene so much....it was so intense and sent the chills to the bone. What made that scene even more interesting is that Haesoo never suspected that Wang So is in fact Gwangjeong.

I wonder if it's because that she suspects Wook is Gwangjeong that eventually lead her decision to break up with him and eventually falling in love with So?

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

@ruzikie well I agree with you on this. I think I still like him to do something than nothing but it is a little worrying . First he's still trying to conceal his feeling from others by trying to show he only care because Soo is his wife's cousin (that failed miserably, I think) then he no longer care if anyone know by visiting Soo's room. I mean I get that his feeling is intensify because it was long supress so I get that goes from 10 to 100 but his recklessness is worrying indeed. We know he will change because of Soo and I think it's not going to be good. He's a good man, it's true. But a good man can change if he thinks he is in the corner with no way out. He needs the power soon if he wants Soo to be his. He's been eyeing for the throne for so long and is a wolf in hiding, trying to bid his time until it os the right time to show off his claw. Hae Soo is only the trigger to wanting it sooner. But once the claw is out is what I'm worrying for.

@sunshinefate maybe. But It's not the storyline that's bothering me. It's the flow of the story. I get that So is not fall in love with her yet but still want to help but they don't show the scene in between or at least his expression to show that he indeed care for that girl. The editing is cruel in this ep. Idk, maybe it's just me. 

You're not alone @solelylurking I also think that some scenes were missing to show us how So eventually were so eager to at least help Soo getting out from it. His scene with 13th isn't enough to make him digging about Hae clan and came up with that idea as a bargain. 

• Like 9

As much as I'm looking forward to having Hae Soo in the palace now...I am mourning the loss of all her pretty Agasshi clothes...they were all so beautiful and her hairstyles and hair pins were all so drool worthy. If I was running a fashion magazine in the Goryeo era Hae Soo would definitely be my IT girl, although Queen Soveryterrible would probably have me executed for it hahah >_<

• Like 18

ah, I have gushed at So and Soo on the horse again before I sleep. :wub:

The director is really good, I felt like I was watching a movie when they were galloping together.:)

Did you guys noticed that when So was about to come to a stop, he was only using one hand to hold the reins? Then after when they stop, he used both hands to hold, thus " hugging" Soo and preventing her from getting off or anyone grabbing her. :wub:

Since I am a city girl, I have only ride a horse once during a holiday, it was a pretty bumpy experience and wonder how is it like to ride with a man behind me. :lol: Surely it is very intimate? heehee.

Yes, to those who say that our Scar-let couple's loveline will only commence from ep 8 onwards, I salute you, oracles.:lol:

I consider Wook like HS's first love and I am curious how she has a change her heart to go to So. Even in the C-version, I missed that part. Its seems like such a sudden change of heart. But who knows, 

Yep, so many things is packed into this ep. I was surprised that the King wasnt the one who initiated the marriage, it was all " business" to him.

I can see the dilemma of the production team - to be loyal to the c version and risk being misunderstood by k audience? or follow k history and twist it abit. Every ep has difficult choices to made.

• Like 23