[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

9 minutes ago, Adnana said:

This. Lots of people seem disappointed that Wang So appeared resigned or even indifferent regarding Hae Soo's marriage--but for me, that was all just a facade. He's not as vocal about it as the other princes, but his micro-expressions and the look in his eyes show very clearly that he's very much against Hae Soo's marriage. It's a case of "he doth protest too much" (it's a matter for the Hae household to decide bla bla bla) but every time when something is to be actually DONE about preventing the marriage, he's the first one on-board.

1. He doesn't hesitate to run away with HS

2. He tries to stop HS even when they find out that she's to be married to the freaking king of the nation! I mean, do you realize what punishment WS is risking there?

3. He lets himself be "persuaded" pretty darn easily by BA to make another plan to rescue HS in the palace

4. He nearly chokes the astronomer to death when asking for a solution (and those are the actions of a guy who's only in that room because BA convinced him? Oh, please. That much passion and anger? Obviously, his indifference was just feigned.)

5. He confronts the king himself trying to stop the marriage.

6. Throughout the entire episode, when WS is actually interacting with HS--like the way he looks at her, the way he clenches his jaw when she accepts to enter the palace, the utter horror (and realization) in his eyes when she faints after cutting herself) etc. There are a hundred other tiny ways in which he betrays himself, regarding his actual stance on HS's marriage. Namely, he deeply, deeply doesn't want HS married off. No, he's not completely in love and obsessed with her at this point in time, but imo he's more than halfway there. I just can't wait for him to realize it--and take those final, inevitable steps towards falling utterly and irrevocably in love.

Sorry, I don't question So's action. I question the editing part that made me go 'hah?' when watching. Everyone who watched ep 1 to 6 knows that guy will go above and beyond to save Soo eventhough act like he doesn't care. He and Soo are friends after all and he care about 'his people' very much. That's why he prevent her getting off the horse whatever the consequences maybe. 

The one that I don't see coming is him intercepting the King's way. There is no explanation scene before that. 

I'm sorry if my post a little bit messy to understand. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

From what I remember about BBJX, in the beginning part of the dramas where RX and the 8th prince still loved each other, the 4th prince also did not show much and therefore made the drama's progress quite slower for me *CMIW* 

So, we should not count the appearance of our WS like that lol or else, it's quite pitiful for us, WS-HS shipper. :P

Based on your post, i guess the 4th prince barely to show his love to Ruoxi hehehe. You know what, i like to count this hahaha it makes me more pitiful as their shipper * crying in the corner*

Just like Wang So in this episode, he didnt show anything about he finally has an interest for Hae Soo. He just shown his interest with his micro reaction from his body language. 

@solelylurking since beginning when he has took his eyes on Hae Soo, i have a feeling this nice guy would change as the time pass. And it would scare me once we see what's the worst of the nice guy. I like Wookie. In real life, Wookie is a husband material but to me he would be the scary man in my eyes. Just my opinion guys. Peace :D 

And i agree with someone that telling Hae Soo only admires Wook and thinks her as her saviour because she was alone and feeling miserable when she knew who is she and other stuff that happened when she knew she was travelling to the past. 

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

He just wants to play safe this time and it suits him better. To prove himself better, he better take the king's trust better than else. 

Actually, I disagree. Wang So is not so calculating like Wang Wook in my opinion. His actions are always more impulsive. When he said to his mother, he will make her only look at him, he wasn't saying that he wants to be king, but he will do anything to disrupt her plans. He has a scar which is his burden and like CR said, if he had not been aprince, he wouldn't have survived in Goryeo. So the scar is a hiddrance to claim for the throne therefore he has never expressed the wish to become the next king because in his mind, it is not possible. For me, Hae Soo will be the trigger to claim the throne as she will be the one who gives him confidence to show his face and see the scar as no big deal.   

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, wackeemarie said:

any news now about Ep7 part 2 we're getting this week? I couldn't add the SBS announcement link (im still on mobile,data signal's too laggy)but it was shared last week here.

It will be on Wednesday, Sept. 14 at about 2:20pm (KST) - it appears to be a special

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

It will be on Wednesday, Sept. 14 at about 2:20pm (KST) - it appears to be a special

I wonder why SBS will give us the special episode as we have not reached the finale. Special episodes usually air because a drama has ended and the viewers demand more of it, don't they? But whatever the reasons, I'm grateful that there will be a special episode of our Scarlet Heart Ryeo

• Like 13

51 minutes ago, ilovekorearocks said:

OMG. Tonight was an intense episode! I couldn't screen cap my eyes were glued to the screen. OMG! I love tonight's episode.

Hide contents

Finally, we realize why HS's character was made to not remember the exact history. It may be the reason why she will break up with WW because she thought he was the next king and will be killing off his brothers. What a good way to justify her lack of knowledge in this version. It seems like she will indeed be the reason why things happened the way it did in history.

Thank you to everyone who posted recaps and screen caps :D I'll try to be active tomorrow night. I just couldn't take my eyes for a minue off the screen xD Enjoy and goodnight everyone!

Yups.. She is still wondering who is the 4th King of Goryeo who kills his brothers for throne. The 4th King was famous because of his cold blood, that would kill everyone who dissagree with him...

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, I disagree. Wang So is not so calculating like Wang Wook in my opinion. His actions are always more impulsive. When he said to his mother, he will make her only look at him, he wasn't saying that he wants to be king, but he will do anything to disrupt her plans. He has a scar which is his burden and like CR said, if he had not been aprince, he wouldn't have survived in Goryeo. So the scar is a hiddrance to claim for the throne therefore he has never expressed the wish to become the next king because in his mind, it is not possible. For me, Hae Soo will be the trigger to claim the throne as she will be the one who gives him confidence to show his face and see the scar as no big deal.   

I saw he has no scar in the long trailer but wait, will she put a makeup on his scar so his scar will be gone ? 

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Gah, i know in the past, the king would like to pick a woman and make her as his wife as he wants to but 29 wives. No matter to say, 29 wives are too much. 

Episode 6 has five minutes screen for Wang So. Wang So yaaaaa T______T 

i'm little bot dissapointed ... wang so scene like he's a cameo in SH drama 

his scene in every episode like he just a special appearance too!!!

• Like 7

about WS not appearing much in this eps... 

we have a different kind of second lead male in here...

in this drama WW and HS have their own love story until something happen and they broke off.. along their love journey WS will fall in love with HS first so the story will focus on HS and WW first.. after HS broke off there will be no more second lead.. there only WS and HS love to each other and solely focus on that... so yeah i think we will see the real OTP moment in eps 8 onward... 

p.s tomorrow we get plenty of our OTP moment so can't wait...

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Yups.. She is still wondering who is the 4th King of Goryeo who kills his brothers for throne. The 4th King was famous because of his cold blood, that would kill everyone who dissagree with him...

I wonder what will turn WS to be the cold-blooded man like that who will kill his brothers to maintain the throne and what will drive the brothers to make him do something cruel like that:tears:

• Like 12

Well if I'm a guy I would either love HS or wanna be her friend. I'm a girl and I think she's so awesome and would love to have her as a bff. :D

I admire her will to live but not at the expense of others. Even earlier episodes she said she will survive. She also told WS before there's nothing wrong in wanting to live. The first time she heard she's to be married she wanted to run away. Then what CR said that she supports her running away even if they beat her to death. So she didn't. Then When JM and troops came to fetch her. Initially she stay put after WS checks with her that she doesn't want to be married to the king. Then upon hearing all the princes wil be in trouble if they stand in the way of King's words, she decided in a split second to go with JM. When WS stopped her again to ask her if she will regret this, she assured him she's OK. She also send a reassuring smile to WS. This girl is frightened by sudden turn of events, of being suddenly betrothed to the king but she also considers of all those around her and puts on a brave face for them. When she reached the palace she reminded herself to stay alert and to survive it. When. She was at the bathhouse she tried to run away but was found almost immediately by lady oh. When she hears of WS and WW both unable to stop the marriage, she used her wits and gather the courage to injure herself and buy the excuse to not Wed the king. If that's not bravery I don't know what is. 

28 minutes ago, Adnana said:

1. He doesn't hesitate to run away with HS

2. He tries to stop HS even when they find out that she's to be married to the freaking king of the nation! I mean, do you realize what punishment WS is risking there?

3. He lets himself be "persuaded" pretty darn easily by BA to make another plan to rescue HS in the palace

4. He nearly chokes the astronomer to death when asking for a solution (and those are the actions of a guy who's only in that room because BA convinced him? Oh, please. That much passion and anger? Obviously, his indifference was just feigned.)

5. He confronts the king himself trying to stop the marriage.

6. Throughout the entire episode, when WS is actually interacting with HS--like the way he looks at her, the way he clenches his jaw when she accepts to enter the palace, the utter horror (and realization) in his eyes when she faints after cutting herself) etc. There are a hundred other tiny ways in which he betrays himself, regarding his actual stance on HS's marriage. Namely, he deeply, deeply doesn't want HS married off. No, he's not completely in love and obsessed with her at this point in time, but imo he's more than halfway there. I just can't wait for him to realize it--and take those final, inevitable steps towards falling utterly and irrevocably in love.

So well said and listed. I love it when he muttered "idiot" when HS left with JM.

And for an ICe Prince stepping in to stop the king, he shocked WW and the king himself to come and help HS from the marriage. It's in all the little things - his eyes showing concern and fear. His feet wanting to move to HS when she fainted. He may be the least vocal but it doesn't make his concern for HS smaller than all the other princes

• Like 21

1 minute ago, Niki Azia said:

i'm little bot dissapointed ... wang so scene like he's a cameo in SH drama 

every episode his scene like special appearance 

Yes he is like a cameo for me. A most wanted cameo hahaha.

2 minutes ago, violet90 said:

about WS not appearing much in this eps... 

we have a different kind of second lead male in here...

in this drama WW and HS have their own love story until something happen and they broke off.. along their love journey WS will fall in love with HS first so the story will focus on HS and WW first.. after HS broke off there will be no more second lead.. there only WS and HS love to each other and solely focus on that... so yeah i think we will see the real OTP moment in eps 8 onward... 

p.s tomorrow we get plenty of our OTP moment so can't wait...

Await shall be rewarded with too many OTP moment. Lets counting shall we ? 

I hope tomorrow episode would be going better and better and we will see Wang So and Hae Soo scene together. Amen.  

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Also agree with this opinion. In my opinion, first desire from WS is getting attention from his own mothers, he also want get that affection like his brothers get from their mom. About Crown Prince, maybe WS feel connection with him because Crown Prince seems care to him, because he was also there when the Queen hurted young WS, he was the one who took young WS to the doctor.

• Like 8

Just now, ruzikie said:

I saw he has no scar in the long trailer but wait, will she put a makeup on his scar so his scar will be gone ? 

I believe, he is traumatised. When he saw the scar after his injury and people's reaction, he got so shocked that he decided or had to hide the scar and his face. However, even a bad scar gets better, as time passes on. Yet he never showed his face to anyone again and I am quite sure, he never wanted to look at himself into a mirror. So he still sees his scar from 10 or 12 years ago. Hae Soo will be the one to show him that he doesn't look that bad anymore. She will give him the confidence he is lacking. Furthermore, I believe, she will show him how to cover up his scar that's why it is barely visible later. 

• Like 12

Guest Tinkiebell
4 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Yes, and I'm really looking forward to see how creative this writer is when dealing with historical facts... 

15 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

We still don't know how too, but somewhere in next episodes Soo has his scar dissapear..... And based on history he will be the longest king that run Goryeo than his other siblings, Mo and Yo. Mo only 2 years and Yo 4 years. But Soo last more than 20 years and died because a disease. 

Despite he was killing his brothers, Gwangjeong was known as a powerful King. 

About this episode, i don't want to over-analize the editing, the scene, the OST, the plot, etc. The truth, i enjoyed this episode. And i just want to Watch, and enjoy every single episodes (and the next eps)  about this drama. 

Scarlet Heart hwaiting. \^o^/

• Like 16

1 minute ago, bebebisous33 said:

I believe, he is traumatised. When he saw the scar after his injury and people's reaction, he got so shocked that he decided or had to hide the scar and his face. However, even a bad scar gets better, as time passes on. Yet he never showed his face to anyone again and I am quite sure, he never wanted to look at himself into a mirror. So he still sees his scar from 10 or 12 years ago. Hae Soo will be the one to show him that he doesn't look that bad anymore. She will give him the confidence he is lacking. Furthermore, I believe, she will show him how to cover up his scar that's why it is barely visible later. 

The scar that Hae Soo got will take her to another level with Wang Soo. He terribly worried about her like the scene in the cottage TT. 

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Yes he is like a cameo for me. A most wanted cameo hahaha.

Await shall be rewarded with too many OTP moment. Lets counting shall we ? 

I hope tomorrow episode would be going better and better and we will see Wang So and Hae Soo scene together. Amen.  

Yeahhh, WS is our most wanted cameo:phew:  he should just come out to the screen more often tomorrow or else, maybe I'll just wait to watch these latest 2 episodes next week along with the new episodes (ep 8-9). My heart can not take it when WS does not appear much on my screen. lol

• Like 14