[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

41 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

Hi chingudeul. I'm a newbie and a silent reader in this forum.

Let me share my two cents about the deleted scenes. Did you all knew about the deleted scene? From 4th episode, where Hae Soo and Wang So sat at the top of the rock mountain.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKH3Xb6hF0D/

Too bad the director cut that scene. Because i think those scenes are such an adorable (Lee Jun Ki with those fine jaw eating chicken drum!!).

If the director didn't cut it, we can see those two become friends, and i sense Wang So's feeling grow towards Hae Soo.

Honestly, i want Wang So and Hae Soo's scenes a lot more. Don't get me wrong, i love Kang Ha Neul and his baby baby baby boy smexy kinda thing. But, uri OTP has to grow feelings. So, i'm looking forward to Wang So dan Hae Soo's scenes. Lets hope our PDnim, read my mind. \^o^/

Ps: i don't know how to insert Instagram post, can anyone help?

About Instagram, I only paste the link here and it automatically appears. We were talking about the deleted scene in past pages. I really find the scene adorable. :blush: And I would have liked to see it on the drama. 

47 minutes ago, junee22 said:

I watched the 6min preview again..and I think I saw the dancing scene..(in Cver,when 4th imagine that Minmin is Ruoxi who dances for him)..but I couldn't see if HS there dancing. 

I remember that she dances with 10th prince for his birthday in a childish way XD Both so cute...and Wang So was coming with YeonhWa and he was staring at Haesoo's happy face. I think that will happen next week. 

-----------------

Maybe the deleted scene of baby Wangso with nightmares will be seen in some scene where Wang So talks with Hae Soo about how sad was his life? I really want to see the baby Wang So again. And also...knowing how chaotic is the Scarlet Heart DC (with fans vs. anti fans) and other places related to this drama, I am so glad I have this wonderful place in the Soompi thread. :) 

• Like 21

@KdramaSwimmer I really think that JM is connected to the future. First, I thought, he came from another century because the inventions like the bike were from the 18th century. Yet, I feel that JM knows more about the future because he has always been the one who pushes Wang So to come into his father's good graces (the trap for the ritual, his concern for WS's injuries...). He really could be someone who came first from the past (Goreyo) and went to the future so that he realised, he made a mistake. I am really curious to know more about him.

I also don't care if there is snow or no snow because it is irrelevant to me. I pay more attention to the writing, the costums and the acting than anything else. Like @ElleSor, I wasn't really bothered by the editing. Sure, I am missing certain scenes like f. ex. where Wang So met HAe Soo just before he decided to kill the monks.

If this drama stays that good till the end, I am really thinking about buying it, if there is a director cut with all the deleted scenes. I only did it once and it was Healer!   

• Like 19

Just now, briseis said:

While I would love to see the scene of them eating together, just like every SoSoo shipper, I understand the PD's decision to cut it there - the main objective and focus of that scene was really on HS not leaving So there alone and him looking longingly at his home. The eating scene would be redundant considering how many scenes Hae Soo and Wang So shared in episode 4 and their gradually developing friendship can be seen in every single one of them.

No, Hae-Soo asked Wang So at the end to take care while with his family at the end of the episode, while I liked it, it did come suddenly. See, a few more moments would tie it all neatly. The editing still lacks at points. I hope we don't get any more of the scenes cut. For me, its a selling point of the drama. I want more of them in each episode. I am not much invested in her relation with Wang Wook so far. They have great chemistry but I have hard time accepting it for several reasons that has been discussed a whole lot on this forum already. 

As for 8th prince seperately, what is his political significance, can anybody enlighten me on that?? There's not much on the internet about his role in the battle for throne in Goryeo period??

• Like 14

gosh, 33 pages to read and i'm sick to read all of it lmao :D

why they deleted the meal scene. It's perfecto to them . Ah my shipper heart. I have committed a sin because last time i promised on my self to not look back and wait until the drama ends but i couldn't deny the temptation :( 

Wang So yaaaaa T_______T

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

Hi i am new here! I am following this drama pretty casually. But I have noted that in history, Wang So marries his sister. Was that normal at that time or encouraged? If so, why??? Just curious on the historical bits

Hi welcome!!! It was normal in that time. There was a lot of royal intermarriage, for political power purposes. Not only from Wang So, many of the princes married their half sisters or nieces, etc. But for the other princes, they have already changed that in the drama. 

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

No, Hae-Soo asked Wang So at the end to take care while with his family at the end of the episode, while I liked it, it did come suddenly. See, a few more moments would tie it all neatly. The editing still lacks at points. I hope we don't get any more of the scenes cut. For me, its a selling point of the drama. I want more of them in each episode. I am not much invested in her relation with Wang Wook so far. They have great chemistry but I have hard time accepting it for several reasons that has been discussed a whole lot on this forum already. 

As for 8th prince seperately, what is his political significance, can anybody enlighten me on that?? There's not much on the internet about his role in the battle for throne in Goryeo period??

I think that Wang So yelling like a wild animal, that he mother should come pray to him, his conversation on that rock about his family living in the palace while he is longingly staring at it from afar, they even added the deleted scene about him mocking HS's ideas about mother to the rebroadcast version, plus all the scenes in between, are enough of development for me. I fear that if there were more allusions to it, it would feel extremely repetative.

I don't ship HS with Wook either, since I don't really feel the connection between them but neither nether did I ship the original 8th Prince and RX in the cdrama and the novel - and I think the reason why so few people really ship them is that even in the novel the writer Tong Hua never intended them to end up as the OTP. 

About 8th Prince's political significance, he is the oldest son of Queen Hwangbo (she is not the mother of the Crown Prince) and she wants to make him the king - that's her main motication and aspiration - in the Royal Palace it's always about gaining the most power and power means the throne.

• Like 20

On Wednesday, September 07, 2016 at 8:33 PM, Mona Ys said:

m @briseis  I'm not frustrated on the show..Ireally love Moon Lovers..really.what frustrated me is my mobile keyboards..really..see,when I used my mobile it seems like the words jumped everywhere,O I could see the last post I wrote and it always stopped where I didn't want to stop..so I just fit in my sentences..oh well..I'm mumbling..anyway,this what me..made me frustrated, sometimes want to throw the mobile..hehe lol.. :) anyway,thank you for your enlighten..like I said,I don't mind and don't bother every litlle details..So I really thank you for the comments here.,and so glad you took..oky typos,so glad you gave those explanations..love you :)

@Gabi Bros Hmm..I think the birthday cute too..what I meant was when 4th prince and other princes (in Cver) met the Mongolians..its in 6min preview,i. I don't know if they're.I don't kniw if they're going to air that scene though..hope they will..

Okay..bad connection.. Bad mobile..mayne / maybe it told ne to go to sleep..hehe,good night all..and love you all.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, EstherW said:

Hahahaha..but at four I don't think I can don't care..let's say 18..Lolx! Love what you said!

Ok 18 just so you don't creep out hahaha..

I'm just emphasising though. I think caring too much to the extent of nit picking every little thing that's off in this drama taking away the fun of watching it. 

But hei.. That's just me. I'm in love with a two faced guy whose hobby is hovering through his feeling. What do I know? Hahaha.. 

But you must admit KHN is a deadly cute and easily love in real life. Been checking bts lately? I'm smiling when he's smiling. That's how crazy I am for him. 

Oh.. Where's my manner? Nice to meet you. I hope we can chat a lot in the future.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, luci13 said:

Wow! hopefully everything goes well with the plans for Director's Cut DVD! 

Anyway, I wasn't catching up with Youku and its promo stuff thus encountered this picture on DC and I also wonder if this interview was done while filming and if so, then what kind of scenes that made 3rd looking like that? 

Apologize if this picture had been discussed before :D

Last post of the day! Good nite Eclipses! 

The DC Gallers have no idea, either. Historically, Jungjong abdicates to Gwangjong, so it could be afterwards. Also, HJH has said in a different setting that while his character is evil, his actions don't deserve going to jail, so some people wondered if his character does go to jail in drama or if it was just figure of speech.

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

The DC Gallers have no idea, either. Historically, Jungjong abdicates to Gwangjong, so it could be afterwards. Also, HJH has said in a different setting that while his character is evil, his actions don't deserve going to jail, so some people wondered if his character does go to jail in drama or if it was just figure of speech.

I found that strange since an attempted fratricide is something most people would consider to be an action worth going to jail :huh:

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, briseis said:

I think that Wang So yelling like a wild animal, that he mother should come pray to him, his conversation on that rock about his family living in the palace while he is longingly staring at it from afar, they even added the deleted scene about him mocking HS's ideas about mother to the rebroadcast version, plus all the scenes in between, are enough of development for me. I fear that if there were more allusions to it, it would feel extremely repetative.

I don't ship HS with Wook either, since I don't really feel the connection between them but neither nether did I ship the original 8th Prince and RX in the cdrama and the novel - and I think the reason why so few people really ship them is that even in the novel the writer Tong Hua never intended them to end up as the OTP. 

About 8th Prince's political significance, he is the oldest son of Queen Hwangbo (she is not the mother of the Crown Prince) and she wants to make him the king - that's her main motication and aspiration - in the Royal Palace it's always about gaining the most power and power means the throne.

Me neither  @briseis I do not suffer from second lead syndrome. When Hae Soo is with Wang Wook she acts to cautious. Unlike when she is with WS, she doesn't feel the need to hold back because he isn't easily offended. She acts more like a child when she is with Wang Wook not a lover. He is always   Pushing the boundaries and she is just going along with it because she doesn't know this era well. 

• Like 18

@briseis

Maybe it's too early to talk about that, but I will say it. You have right about over analysis of the low rating. But from my point of view I want that this drama to be recognized in Korea. I mean that it deserves to be rewarded. I'm afraid that the low rating will affect that despite it international success. And why? Because it's atypical edited compared to other period dramas? Because of those close-up that I love them so much, (especially LJG face)? Because they didn't like x or y actor/actress for unfounded reasons? I wish all this would not matter in the eyes of the producers, in the eyes of cast and crew, but I can't stop to wonder. What I want to say is that this drama is wonderful, magic, it cast a spell on all of us (and not only), even if the story is already known. Perhaps I'm thinking too far... Perhaps I want too much...

• Like 16

@Gabi Bros omo the puppies pix are so funny! Whoever did them, really nailed it!:D

@briseis yes I agree it's too much to over analyse every scene, there are many considerations during filming and we can't really judge, am sure the director's ears is feeling twitchy Everyday. Poor thing. Yes, I wanted to talk about the SBS sageuk curse, they are so good at modern Romcom and so I give them credit for trying at  Historicals, MBC is the king of historicals and Empress ki you mentioned of the goryeo period is by them.

am reading and writing this while listening to Lee joon gi sing "My Dear"on YouTube. It's awesome, so far he is the only guy that I fall so fast for in a Korean drama. 3eps in and I am sold.:D

i hope So get his girl but Wook not be too heartbroken too. Yo Yeon can live happily ever after, just get me a gag bag whenever they show up.

• Like 16