[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 hours ago, Rose34 said:

Agree you on all these! Except horse also died here. :vicx::tears: Sorry to burst the bubble. This drama is tragic yet deep on so many levels. No happily ever after, Goryeo version. Ugh. 

Sorry to cut your post. I know the horse die but at least die as a horse. Not turn into this evil horse and start to kill people :lol:

• Like 11

It occurs to me this fandom was divided into a couple of categories during the course of the drama:

Cat. 1: People who had read/watched the C-BBJX and knew going in that the possibility of a happy ending, thereby deviating from the source material, was extremely thin and therefore didn't even hope for anything different.

Cat. 2: People from Cat. 1 who hoped K-BBJX would end differently than C-BBJX.

Cat. 3: People who had no knowledge of the source material and assumed some kind of happy ending was imminent.

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy the ending was going to be based on real history.

Which category did/do you belong to?

I ask because it makes me wonder how different our viewing experiences were. Especially for the people whose viewing pleasure are spoiled by spoilers and those that find spoilers to just whet their anticipation more.

Did having a general gist of what was going to happen make the drama more or less interesting to watch?

@MAROSA_JIN and @briseis Thanks for the new stills.

Sigh. Soo's determination (and devastation at having) to poke a few more holes in her already sinking ship is pretty clear from the pictures. Tomorrow's episode's definitely not going to be easy to watch

• Like 23

@ruizaio Thank you very much for the clarification regarding the court garments. In that case, I guess there was no particular rhyme or reason to the outfits that were worn by the princes up to Gwangjong's reign, including number of claws or otherwise. What about colours? Gold is usually considered an imperial colour, yet Yo was the only one wearing it, while this Gwangjong remains predominantly in black.

• Like 6

@millie10468 I belong in Category 1, in that I know both the novel and the Cdrama, and do not hold out much hope for a happy ending, at least in in the Goryeo era, and actually in some ways, feel that a happy ending there would not be BBJX otherwise. However, I am also one who is open to the reinterpretation of the source material in the Kversion, as is evident that I am just as invested in MLSHR emotionally, as I was in the original. All I ask is that, whatever the journey, and however the ending, it remains true to the spirit of the source material, and is one that is satisfying (not necessarily happy, but meaningful) and ultimately, memorable - creating its unique mark in my heart.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

It occurs to me this fandom was divided into a couple of categories during the course of the drama:

Cat. 1: People who had read/watched the C-BBJX and knew going in that the possibility of a happy ending, thereby deviating from the source material, was extremely thin and therefore didn't even hope for anything different.

Cat. 3: People who had no knowledge of the source material and assumed some kind of happy ending was imminent.

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy was going to be based on history

I ask because it makes me wonder how different our viewing experiences were. Especially for the people whose viewing pleasure are spoiled by spoilers and those that find spoilers to just whet their anticipation more.

Did having a general gist of what was going to happen make the drama more or less interesting to watch?

Sigh. Soo's determination (and devastation at having) to poke a few more holes in her already sinking ship is pretty clear from the pictures. Tomorrow's episode's definitely not going to be easy to watch

I am category no. 2

• Like 8

I went out jogging while listening to the OST of MLSHR. When suddenly there was a pain squeezing my heart and can't help myself not to cry.  I was thinking that why SBS is so unfair to this drama. Jun Ki's acting is beyond par and the OST songs are all great. Why they have not even nominate them?  Where is justice? Then, i laughed at myself saying " Shai, you silly girl." I am too involved with this kdrama. The MLSHR virus is  all over me.  What can i do?  Tomorrow, it will come to its end and Every one is uncertain  what the ending is. There is only one that i am certain, MLSHR wiill always be in my heart. Gaining kdrama buddies in this  thread is a pleasure. Just tell me where to meet again ( what thread) and i will be there.  THANK YOU, ECLIPSERS! 

giphy.gif

• Like 17

I belong to Category 2, i was hoping that creative license was = happy ending for our OTP, i mean c-version was sad but MLSHR is devastating. Subjecting myself to this torture was baaadd but i enjoyed the ride.... I was hoping it would have been good to have 30 episodes to close all the loops and not rush it. But oh! Well. One thing i would be missing about this drama is you all. This thread is my support system while waiting for my monday and tuesday fix :blush:

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy the ending was going to be based on real history.

Cat. # 2: I liked that the drama was (or is) unpredictable but i fear now that the final episode will be predictable. Haesoo dying in Jung's arms, Wangso not being able to be with her in her last moments, etc. But still I have like 25% of hope for it to end happier.  

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, enigmaticangel said:

@nightwitch @chrissydiva OMG!! Even my birthday is on NOV 1..I think the finale will be one of d greatest gifts we receive on our birthday i think..:D

Yeah a "screw you" gift lol Sorry I'm not holding to any hope of happy ending. Not being pessimistic just being real. Whatever words people are holding on to from the PD (if he really did say that) is moot. From my experience, writers, pds, and even actors lie! They are not above that. The only ending I'll believe in is the rolling credit of epi 20 lol

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Im category 4. 

• Like 6