[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

40 minutes ago, littleloony said:

Just agreeing very much with you :D seeing LJG go from Wang So to Gwangjong is the reason I am addicted to SHR. At first I had also thought I would be seeing an epic love story, but later I realized my idea of epic did not match with the show's idea of the term so I let go of my expectations on that front. I have soo enjoyed seeing the life of the prince being portrayed by LJG with all ups and downs, black, white and grey that I am quite happy. However, SHR is a remake/ adaptation of Tong Hua's chinese novel even if it is not a total copy of the C drama so the references are bound to be made by fans/ readers. That had Ruoxi as the protagonist while in here most of the series is from the POV of Hae Su, so that is probably  a reason why most viewers tend to think that the story of SHR centers around her whereas the plot is centered around the throne of Goryeo and by extension Wang So.

Wang So is definitely NOT an extension, he is the centre of the drama from ep 1.  He is the main protagonist in this version. That's how the story was told from the start. That is its difference with the c-version. Even in the novel, the 4th prince has very little part of the whole story. It was all about the girl. 

An adaptation doesn't need to be just a cut & paste. That is why I love about Moon Lovers it has created its own flavours. Try watching Moon Lovers  again from ep 1 without comparing to the c-version  or even the novel, you would think it's a totally different drama and would have better appreciation of it.

• Like 22

Translations for the MOTION POSTERS for Scarlet Heart if anyone is interested... I found hem pretty interesting..

4th Prince Wang So - 

"From now on, be prepared.

I will never let you go."

Hae Soo - 

"If I hadn't met you,

I would not miss you this much."

8th Prince Wang Wook

"I had to change

to protect everything that I love"

A Thomas wrote in comments more of the translations if you wanna check it out in the YouTube video below vvv

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

1.  It was Hae Soo herself who didn't accept his proposal. She may not say it directly but it    was her way of telling him to marry someone else, someone who can help him with the  throne.

2. He left because his brother King Yo ordered him to leave the palace to oversee the  construction. If he didn't follow the King's command the King could easily use or threaten HS  life. 

3. Wang Yo was already consumed by his own guilt. He killed two of his own brothers. It was still daylight but he was already being haunted by Eun's cry for mercy.

Good points! Minor quibble: Point 1 was his first marriage Wang Mu's daughter, which he did not consult with Hae Su about at all. Point 2 was still his decision to break up with her so that he could pursue the throne with his planning. Maybe he did actually think the break up was real? The show doesn't make that clear. 3. I can see your point here. 

• Like 11

Hi Moon Lovers :)

Soooo tomm starts the end...preparing yourself?

I'm trying to prepare myself for 2 sad eps but don't know how will i bear our OTP sadness :(

Anyway...when and nomatter how all this ends...i'll miss WS...and from earlier eps coz i liked him with hair down and not with so tidy like from his king's days ;)

• Like 6

It seems that the FULL OST has been released!

Here's the track list:

01. 너를 위해 – 첸 (CHEN), 백현 (BAEKHYUN), 시우민 (XIUMIN)
02. Say Yes – 로꼬, 펀치 (Loco, Punch)
03. 사랑해 기억해 – 아이오아이 (I.O.I)
04. 그대를 잊는다는건 – 다비치 (Davichi)
05. All With You – 태연 (TAEYEON)
06. 내 마음 들리나요 (Feat. 이하이) – 에픽 하이 (Epik High)
07. 사랑인 듯 아닌 듯 – 백아연 (Baek A Yeon)
08. 고백합니다 – SG워너비 (SG Wannabe)
09. 꼭 돌아오리 – 임선혜(Sunhae Im)
10. 내 사랑 (MY LOVE) – 이하이 (LEE HI)
11. 바람 – 정승환 (Jung Seung Hwan)
12. Be With You – 악동뮤지션 (AKMU)
13. 안녕 (Feat. 로코) – 임도혁 (Lim Do Hyuk)
14. The Prince
15. Agonal Howl
16. Haesu
17. Wraith
18. One For Me
19. Wing Of Goryeo
20. Appassionata
21. Vendetta
22. Be Your Love
23. Gesture Of Resistance
24. Love Of Haesu
25. Pastoral Morning
26. Great Nebula
27. The Sorrow Of Prince
28. Battle Bobo

• Like 20

41 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

It is 4:32 in the morning and guess what? I automatically opened this thread to check new  posts hahaha! I am so addict with MLSHR and it leads me to be addicted of this thread:scream::scream:

Congratulations
You have officially lost your marbles

No wonder you are in this madhouse full of mentally disturbed inmates *clicksonreloadagain&again*

• Like 13

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Q: Those symbols on the garments that they wear ( e.g. golden dragon on WS's. don't know what others have).. are they all dragons or do symbols differ? What do the colors and symbols mean?

@enigmatic_zephy Again, not an expert by any means but the official court garments for the royal family in China have the symbol of the dragon on it.

The only difference is the number of claws. The dragon on the king's outfit would have 5 claws, while the princes' have 4. Am a little surprised to see that this is also inherited in MLSHR, since from what I understand, dragons in Korean mythology have 4 claws. However, the Goryeo outfits are very likely influenced by their Chinese counterpart at the time... @ruizaio, please correct me if I am wrong. In certain cases though, I do notice some inconsistencies, as Moo's outfit as king was still the 4-clawed dragon.

King Gwangjong:

King5ClawedDragon_zps2ee5hmkg.jpg

Princes:

CrownPrince4ClawedDragon_zpssm1i5mcv.jpgPrinces4ClawedDragon_zpsyaxcwnif.png

• Like 23

Oh Gosh! I just realized that the finale is on my birthday! FML! Lol I would have schedule my days off differently if I knew, but since I didn't want to work just one day a week. People might be wondering why I'm crying on my birthday. #fangirlproblem #mustwaittillnextyeartoseemyjoongi

• Like 20

1 minute ago, chrissydiva said:

Oh Gosh! I just realized that the finale is on my birthday! FML! Lol I would have schedule my days off differently if I knew, but since I didn't want to work just one day a week. People might be wondering why I'm crying on my birthday. #fangirlproblem #mustwaittillnextyeartoseemyjoongi

Oh! Another 11.1? :glasses: SHG/LJK has a birthday present for us!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ShaiKeun said:

It is 4:32 in the morning and guess what? I automatically opened this thread to check new  posts hahaha! I am so addict with MLSHR and it leads me to be addicted of this thread:scream::scream:

It is nearly 7am at my place. I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to my hometown. It seems I cant help myself checking out this thread :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kdramawriter said:

Good points! Minor quibble: Point 1 was his first marriage Wang Mu's daughter, which he did not consult with Hae Su about at all. Point 2 was still his decision to break up with her so that he could pursue the throne with his planning. Maybe he did actually think the break up was real? The show doesn't make that clear. 3. I can see your point here. 

Oops, totally forgot Wang Mu's daughter. Thought you were referring to Yeon Hwa. Regarding the second one, the break up was for real. Trust was the main issue and it resulted to Eun's death. It was a huge blow to him, though she later told him how sorry she was. It wasn't just someone, the person who died was his innocent little brother. 

Edited by htk9207
Correction
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, liddi said:

he only difference is the number of claws. The dragon on the king's outfit would have 5 claws, while the princes' have 4. Am a little surprised to see that this is also inherited in MLSHR, since from what I understand, dragons in Korean mythology have 4 claws. However, the Goryeo outfits are very likely influenced by their Chinese counterpart at the time... @ruizaio, please correct me if I am wrong. In certain cases though, I do notice some inconsistencies, as Moo's outfit as king was still the 4-clawed dragon.

Ever since 649, dynasties in the Korean peninsula have adopted the Chinese system for court uniforms. So the dragon robes of the Emperor/king would have 5 claws, the crown prince 4 claws, and the crown prince's firstborn son 3 claws. The other princes shouldn't even be wearing the dragon robes as they're not official heir to the throne. However, Gwangjong is the first king to officially adopt a dress code in Goryeo court, and so MLSHR seems to have taken some liberty since the drama is covering a time when everybody supposedly wore whatever they felt like.

• Like 17