[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Spoiler
2 hours ago, antiherofans said:

I am sorry, how do you quoted long post in hidden content? I don't know how to do it and end up quote super long post.

Thank you for your help.

@antiherofans

I do that in this way: Quote the post, cut it (for pasting later). You can cut the entire post (for pasting later) by clicking over the cross sign that is bellow the "B" (bold) and then CTRL+X as usual. After that, clic in the eye for hidden content and paste the quoted post inside. :)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rose34 said:

Agree you on all these! Except horse also died here. :vicx::tears: Sorry to burst the bubble. This drama is tragic yet deep on so many levels. No happily ever after, Goryeo version. Ugh. 

Excellent defence for Wang So and questioning of Hae Soo's actions, more precisely her judgement. Persuasively and eloquently argued. I am in the minority who understand both actions/decisions given the circumstances and the environment but more crucially, it is simply because who they are as a person. In the sense of their values, ideals and principles that they hold strongly to. I been meaning to write a post of my defence for both but I am seriously contemplating the quality of what I have written. Lol. This drama zapped my mental energy. There are many excellent posts defending one's action against the other (Hae Soo vs Wang So). This is one of the excellent posts in defence for Wang So. I will reply to this post/topic tomorrow. Need to sleep now. 

I agree with your response, I too understand the reasoning behind both parties actions. Also to add to this, HS said in her monolog when she stood in front of the throne and he asked her if she even worry about him dying. She said to herself  GJ has long reign, so she knew he was not going to die anytime soon. I am sure she has concerns and worries for him but not to the point that he is going to die young. As for everyone else, she's not sure.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AryRa said:

Yes indeed... even horse also died... pat pat the tree also died... the cute bird also died and burnt ...

totally chaos ... lol

Not to mentioned countless wolves. On the brighter side, we know BB cream and soap found their glory.....

• Like 17

5 hours ago, Killa92 said:

Oh... I though it could at least be nominated even not winning.  Because I remember Pinnochio wining lots of award even when still airing. Well I don't really understand SBS year end award how they choose the nominees and stuff ;)

If Moon Lovers don't win an awards, there's something wrong with their awarding system. It should sweep all awards. LJG should win both a daesang and top excellent actor awards. His performance as Wang So is the best performance not only this year but of  all time. 

• Like 18

6 hours ago, dancingbee said:

I miss these two......       :(
 They did not have to die... In the C-version, they were the happiest of all....

Cr: as tagged

That is why I don't understand why even up to now there are still many reference about the c-drama, Moon Lovers is a different drama.

• Like 17

From what I understand, not many Korean dramas do sequels unless the drama itself can take on an entirely new storyline while being able to use the same title again, like: IRIS, IRIS 2, Dream High and Dream High 2. These dramas took on a new set of cast.  Since Scarlet Heart Ryeo is pre-filmed, it may or may not have a sequel pre-planned.  As far as I understand, some Korean dramas (if not most) have a tight filming schedule as they continue to film while the drama itself was still airing on TV.  With this type of production, it has its pros and cons.  Pros being that viewers' comments may be heard or noticed by PDs, and may slightly/entirely change their original storyline to suit the viewers' taste (to get more ratings).  However, changing the storyline during the middle of the drama itself may turn into a disaster if it weren't handled with diligence.

Having said the above, it may be really hard to say if there's a sequel to this drama or not, at least we won't know until we watch the last episode.  If I remembered correctly, someone (I think it was from Twitter) mentioned before that one of the PDs said that Korean version will be a bit more tragic than the Chinese version (but do correct me if I am wrong as it's been a while for me :D). I hope I remembered incorrectly, or else please have mercy on us, dear lord. LOL  :sweatingbullets:

If the episode on Tuesday does happen to have an open ending, the PDs and broadcasting station (SBS) are being safe as they can decide later whether to do a sequel or not. So even if they don't do a sequel, at least viewers are given a little hope for one. The production team is just one of the factors to consider for a sequel, the other factor is whether the same cast are offered the roles or willing to take on the roles in the sequel if given (which is hard to say depending on how the drama did the first time in terms of ratings, I'm guessing).  

I don't know if most of you know, but there is a sequel to BBJX (i.e., BBJX 2), which takes place in the modern day. Although I haven't had the chance to watch it entirely, I did watch snippets of it and noticed some of the same cast from the first one are in it (that means the main male and female lead). Apparently, they did sort of picked up from where BBJX ended (at the museum). Moreover, they did include a few items in the modern sequel (4th Prince's thumb ring, the hairpin that 4th Prince gave to RuoXi, and the painting of all the princes and Ruoxi together). :lol: Of course for me, I couldn't help myself but to watch the last episode of the Chinese sequel and there, they have given viewers a happy ending where the modern 4th prince says to modern day Ruoxi (Sorry I have forgotten their names in the modern day):

4th Prince:  I have finally found you.

RuoXi:  We are finally together.

So yeah, let's keep our fingers crossed and see if we will see a sequel in the near future.  

On a side note, since Scarlet Heart Ryeo is pre-filmed and is being broadcasted in many countries and cities across Asia and North America, you can sort of tell that the drama is actually aiming more towards the international market than locally in South Korea. If you think about it, that's where most of the $$$ comes in from endorsements and CFs. But at the same time, the drama and SBS cannot neglect its Korean viewers, which is why they have to broadcast in Korea despite the drama is being under rated by locals (which is ridiculous if I may say so).  So maybe, if the drama is doing quite well overseas and/or across other Asian countries, we may get a sequel. (Geez, I'm already imagining how hot Lee Joon-gi would look like in the modern version. :wub:  I think we have to do some rituals for the drama gods, so that our prayers for a sequel will come true. LOL :P)

14446077_1091879104252698_38739269783537

[/Spoiler]

To be honest, despite loving this drama a lot, I am a bit disappointed with the number of episodes there are for this drama. 20 episodes are just not enough, making the drama a bit rushed to finish. I would probably prefer 24 or 25 episodes in total.  But I guess I cannot blame the production team (especially when I have watched the drama, "Producers", also starring Lee Ji-Eun aka IU), as they do have a deadline to meet and have to stay on schedule. Sigh...

In 2 days time, I will be facing a major withdrawal syndrome! Ottoke? Anyways, it's way past my bedtime now and I hope what I wrote above makes sense. :sweatingbullets: Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone! :D Oh and sorry for the long post.

• Like 16

http://qz.com/801067/an-epic-battle-between-feminism-and-deep-seated-misogyny-is-under-way-in-south-korea/?utm_source=atlfb

In light of the misogyny in Korean culture (as it is in every culture, not saying other countries don't suffer from this too) I really think the writer wrote an immersive love story, had us fall for a misogynist hero, but then have us experience the very real pain of realizing how this kind of attitude undermines the trust and understanding in all our relationships. As a political commentary, I kinda find this story to be brilliant in this way. I might be reading too much into this, but I kinda love my reading. 

• Like 16

I found this vid which focuses on Wang So as he is and as he feels/ thinks he should be....the lyrics are so apt to describe what he aspires to be and what he has been perceived to be by everyone (including HS at some point).....thought I'd share....kinda throwback to earlier eps :) 

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

http://qz.com/801067/an-epic-battle-between-feminism-and-deep-seated-misogyny-is-under-way-in-south-korea/?utm_source=atlfb

In light of the misogyny in Korean culture (as it is in every culture, not saying other countries don't suffer from this too) I really think the writer wrote an immersive love story, had us fall for a misogynist hero, but then have us experience the very real pain of realizing how this kind of attitude undermines the trust and understanding in all our relationships. As a political commentary, I kinda find this story to be brilliant in this way. I might be reading too much into this, but I kinda love my reading. 

However, I find the love story to be just a subplot of the main plot which is the political aspect of it. This journey of Wang So to the throne & strengthening his reign was the main plot for this drama. This what got me hooked In Moon Lovers. Most importantly, the portrayal of Wang So was just sublime. Lee Joon Gi is such a brilliant an amazing actor.

That is Why I don't understand those references from the c-version as that drama was female- centric. The main protagonist was the girl. Unlike Moon Lovers, Wang So is the main protagonist, not Hae So. 

• Like 20

@zi4r loved your feminist rant :D Seriously you said everything that I felt frustrated with SHR so I won't repeat it. I agree wholeheartedly with the lack of Yeon Hwa's character growth.Kang Hana would have done more than justice to more screen time had they developed her character more. As it is I have a hard time not thinking up a fantasy where YH would be a really good Queen for Wang So because LJG has chemistry with KH :D and I kind of want Wang So to not lead a sad and bitter life in Goryeo after Hae Su's death :D

I had held out hope that they would show us why YH is so desperate for power as well Wook's fear of losing the small power and prestige he held (in the early eps) and how it might be linked to their exile. I had thought they would show how much Wook's family had suffered during that period and may be as a result YH has become so focused and determined never to be in such a position again. It would have added the necessary context to both YH and Wook's motivations and actions and made our job of hating them a bit more difficult. I would have loved to sympathise with YH and be forced to think whether I should support her as the Queen, Wang So needs despite rooting for the OTP. Instead they just made her a copy of Queen Yu (what with the bath scene and 'Goryeo should belong to my son' utterings) who can be described as pretty much a one track minded villain. I am sad at the lost opportunity

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

However, I find the love story to be just a subplot of the main plot which is the political aspect of it. This journey of Wang So to the throne & strengthening his reign was the main plot for this drama. This what got me hooked In Moon Lovers. Most importantly, the portrayal of Wang So was just sublime. Lee Joon Gi is such a brilliant an amazing actor.

That is Why I don't understand those references from the c-version as that drama was female- centric. The main protagonist was the girl. Unlike Moon Lovers, Wang So is the main protagonist, not Hae So. 

Just agreeing very much with you :D seeing LJG go from Wang So to Gwangjong is the reason I am addicted to SHR. At first I had also thought I would be seeing an epic love story, but later I realized my idea of epic did not match with the show's idea of the term so I let go of my expectations on that front. I have soo enjoyed seeing the life of the prince being portrayed by LJG with all ups and downs, black, white and grey that I am quite happy. However, SHR is a remake/ adaptation of Tong Hua's chinese novel even if it is not a total copy of the C drama so the references are bound to be made by fans/ readers. That had Ruoxi as the protagonist while in here most of the series is from the POV of Hae Su, so that is probably  a reason why most viewers tend to think that the story of SHR centers around her whereas the plot is centered around the throne of Goryeo and by extension Wang So.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, littleloony said:

@zi4r loved your feminist rant :D Seriously you said everything that I felt frustrated with SHR so I won't repeat it. I agree wholeheartedly with the lack of Yeon Hwa's character growth.Kang Hana would have done more than justice to more screen time had they developed her character more. As it is I have a hard time not thinking up a fantasy where YH would be a really good Queen for Wang So because LJG has chemistry with KH :D and I kind of want Wang So to not lead a sad and bitter life in Goryeo after Hae Su's death :D

I had held out hope that they would show us why YH is so desperate for power as well Wook's fear of losing the small power and prestige he held (in the early eps) and how it might be linked to their exile. I had thought they would show how much Wook's family had suffered during that period and may be as a result YH has become so focused and determined never to be in such a position again. It would have added the necessary context to both YH and Wook's motivations and actions and made our job of hating them a bit more difficult. I would have loved to sympathise with YH and be forced to think whether I should support her as the Queen, Wang So needs despite rooting for the OTP. Instead they just made her a copy of Queen Yu (what with the bath scene and 'Goryeo should belong to my son' utterings) who can be described as pretty much a one track minded villain. I am sad at the lost opportunity

It is all explained many times throughout the series why the Hwangbos have to retain the power. It is well explained in many occasions why they are cautious of the Yoos. All throughout the series YH has been portrayed to be interested and has this one sided affection for Wang So. In fact, there was a hint in ep 3 that Wang So has the affection as well for YH when he said to her that he has always wondered what kind of woman she has become.

• Like 6