[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

13 minutes ago, cojulie said:

Lol why did they translate 국밥 먹어십다 as I want to go to jail?!  My Korean isn't great but almost positive that's "I want to eat rice soup" ...

actually I also find that sentence weird....how come suddenly mentioning jail there...I was scratching my head while watching it..but choose to ignore due to Joongi cuteness lolololol

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wait a minute... Come to think of it, how did YH know about the mask? She spied on them and had them followed during their outing?

Actually I was thinking about this too.. She couldn't have known about this unless she stalked them or was there at the scene.. Or she stole one of JiMong's wiretapping device and plant it on So?? Maybe she had spies hiding near the King's room too

It was sly of her to make use of this info to make So come to her, since she probably knew So will mistake her for Soo under that mask..

• Like 8

3 hours ago, briseis said:

The Complete History of SoSoo Marriage Proposal Rejections

Hide contents

tumblr_ofmem7HOxH1s8t96qo2_400.giftumblr_ofmem7HOxH1s8t96qo3_400.gif

tumblr_ofmem7HOxH1s8t96qo1_540.gif

Hide contents

tumblr_ofmem7HOxH1s8t96qo5_r1_400.giftumblr_ofmem7HOxH1s8t96qo4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ofmem7HOxH1s8t96qo6_r1_540.gif

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ofmem7HOxH1s8t96qo8_r1_400.giftumblr_ofmem7HOxH1s8t96qo7_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ofmem7HOxH1s8t96qo9_r1_540.gif

If I can have a say, the First Rejection there was more meaning to it: HaeSoo didn't want to Use WangSo to escape (which would make her no better than the people that treated him like a dog) and she needed to confirm where Wook stood: Her or the Throne. The Second Rejection was more of a playful rejection, like in the drama Doctors Crush: I mean sure any girl would have said yes to that man, but even I (and others) prefer a more Romantic Proposal. The Third Rejection was her letting him become "King," because she personally doesn't want to see blood shed on her account. There are many reasons why HaeSoo rejected WangSo but only the heart knows.Words don't have to be spoken because they know in their hearts the true reason that is hard to accept.

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, riuenu said:

actually I also find that sentence weird....how come suddenly mentioning jail there...I was scratching my head while watching it..but choose to ignore due to Joongi cuteness lolololol

One of the translators must be low key mad at WS for ep 19 preview hahaha

• Like 10

I suspected this was coming.  I subconsciously didn't invest in HS and WS's love scenes too much because I had this awful suspicion that they would just end up being bittersweet memories in what would end in a tragic separation.  For the reasons stated at the beginning of my post, I am finding myself disliking Wang So.  Compared to the Wang So that risked his life to save Eun from being executed, Gwangjong's arbitrary and unjust treatment of Jung speaks badly of the king he has become.  Whether it is faulty writing or just my own high expectations for Wang So's behavior, I feel that his character has taken a dark turn that cannot be undone.  Judging by the preview, it looks like it will only get worse in the next episode.  

Two major things stuck out to me as I reflected on episode 18:
1) Forbidding Jung from visiting with his mother on her deathbed was really cruel on Wang So's part.  On one hand, I understand the latter's desire to have his mother's affirmation at least once before her death.  However, using his kingly power to coerce this type of affection and rob Jung of saying goodbye is remarkably selfish. 

[As a side note, I would like to see Hae Soo happy with Jung for at least one episodes.  Given her devotion to Wang So, I would find anything other than a platonic love to be unrealistic.  But even if their love is not a passionate one, it is clear from that one scene in episode 18 that they are quite capable of making each other happy.  The similarities they share (someone mentioned in an earlier post how they both desire to be free from the palace and live unencumbered, which is a very good point) make them a solid team.  And I absolutely do not blame Hae Soo for finally wanting to leave that ill-fated, depressing palace.]

2) Holding Hae Soo's relationship with Wook over her head just seems so random. Didn't Wang So say that he didn't care??  What has happened to cause such a drastic change in his character?  Does power truly corrupt so completely?  I was hoping that Wang So would be able to hold onto his better self since Hae Soo was on his side, but it seems that her companionship, love, and loyalty was not enough.  I don't see a way back from this unfortunate twist in the story.

Then again, maybe Gwangjong will mellow out after a period of time and focus on helping the country rather than using his power to satisfy his personal desires.  Unfortunately Hae Soo will probably be dead by then and the way Wang So married YH, executed CR, banished Jung, and now blames HS for daring to be in a relationship with Wook [that ended a long time ago] really irks me.  Was this side of him there all along?  I'm reminded of the scene in the first episode where he slaughters his horse simply to make a point.  It really did not sit well with me at the time because I find it disgusting when people needlessly harm innocent animals, but I was willing to chalk it up to dramatic emphasis and move on.  Now the more I think about it, the more I realize that Wang So is and has always been capable of great ruthlessness.  Hae Soo's redemptive affection for him caused us to see Wang So in a different light, which was quite exciting at the time.  It also affirmed that people can change, even those who seem the most hopeless.  But now it seems that he is reverting to his old self, blinded by jealousy and a desire for power.    

I hope my sentiments are not too pessimistic and I'm sorry for writing such a negative post on Wang So.  It is too bad that things are playing out this way.  I also have to say that I first started having strong misgivings when Wang So lied in order to gain the throne.  Consequently, it is simply not fair to punish Jung for questioning Wang So's legitimacy.  Truth has a way of revealing itself and Wang So put himself on the losing side by establishing his royal authority through deception.  Jung was probably only guilty of saying what everyone else was thinking.  To add insult to injury by refusing to let Jung visit his dying mother - that is terribly heartless indeed.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Good episode but yeah... very sad as the inevitable looms large. The throne is truly a lonely place and to hold on to it is a terrifying task.

As someone else said earlier in the thread, I too have a really hard time taking sides between So and Su because I love them both and I can quite easily put myself in their shoes and walk in them. In a real enough way these two people would have never met if she hadn’t been transported unceremoniously across time and space. It’s a mismatched situation and ultimately it’s a mix of circumstances and their own personalities that will tear them apart. But it doesn’t make their romance less great even if they go their separate ways. The greatness of their romance shouldn’t be measured by whether they have a happy ending but by how much they loved when they could. My belief is that they were hampered from the start but in the end they tried the very best they could. I never assumed that they would have a happy ending judging from the source material and I never liked to speculate much that they would either.

My view for some time has been that Su was brought back to Goryeo precisely for the qualities that she’s being berated for clinging onto right now. Narratively at least, only a woman who can see the best in others despite all appearances to the contrary could have tamed a savage, blood-thirsty, ruthless man and caused him to fall in love. Wang So was a pariah within his family and in all of Goryeo. His reputation as a wolf-like creature preceded him and yet she managed to find something in him to sympathize with. More than that, her tendency to sympathize compelled her to help him unmask himself and instil the confidence he needed to get to where he is today. On top of all of that, her unerring optimism and sassy attitude endeared her to most of the princes. Before we turn on her wholesale, let’s remember that those were the character traits that made her uniquely qualified to unlock So’s heart and take him on his journey to the throne.

I think it is a little unfair to ask her to jettison all of that just because it would be more expedient to do so. On some level, I want her to become as conniving and ruthless as Yeon Hwa but then if she were like YH, neither Uk nor So would never have fallen for her. She would have just been another palace player with agendas, manipulating everyone for her own ends.

However, having said that, it is also fair to say that if she can’t cast off her idealism because it’s killing her little by little inside, she needs to leave so that she doesn’t hold So back from doing what needs to be done and if So does love her and continues to respect her freedom, he should let her go.

I also strenuously disagree that Su doesn’t love So or has never loved him. I am really surprised that even after the last few episodes commenters are still saying this. She has compromised her own stated positions on polygamy and marriage in general not once but twice already because of him. She didn’t condemn him for killing Eun and understood why he did it. She waited at least 2 years for him when he left without her and she helped him become King despite her own misgivings. When she built her prayer shrine, she asked for more time to be with him knowing that she’s largely living on borrowed time.

Much as I don’t care for Chae Ryung, I’m sure that entire episode devastated Su not just because of the brutality in which punishment was meted out but because CR was supposedly a friend she had trusted and CR betrayed her trust. Someone who had not only caused the death of a King but also someone who had knowledge of the truth of a conspiracy. All of this made things untenable for Su and So under Yo’s watchful eye, which led in part to their 2 year separation. Undoubtedly CR was a pawn in a much bigger game but she used their so-called friendship to be a spy for Uk and Won and make in-roads into the palace. 

Nevertheless, call me hard-hearted but I don't buy "she only loved" as an excuse. People got hurt and a good King went nuts, died. And as So rightly pointed out, she was used to create problems between them. That's why Su sadly... doesn't really belong in the palace. It's not a bad thing to be generous but when people are backstabbing you and have created problems between you and the man you love, you've got to draw the line somewhere.

All these complaints are why week after week I keep thinking that I must be watching a show that’s completely different to everyone else. There must be some 4th or 5th version floating out there that’s created from Vogon poetry that I haven’t yet seen.

So has always been the guy to take out the rubbish. Now that he's on the warpath, he's definitely doing what he was born to do I expect. ;) He's taking out the rubbish in his own indomitable style.

As for So’s apparently newfound ruthlessness… well, he’s always been ruthless. That’s at the core of who he is. Let’s not forget that this is the man who killed a temple full of monks for his mother. It’s part of his duality… the man needing to be loved and the man who was never afraid to do what was necessary. Not sure why that’s a contradiction. Aside from that the one thing he cared about most in the world and he was forced from every side to give her up and be the devoted husband he always wanted to be. And now he’s hopping mad… as I expected he would be.

The Hwangbos overreached and forced his hand in the matter of marriage and needing support from the powerful clans. He was backed into a corner, asked to give up Su for political expediency and he’s none too happy. She’s been largely the restraining force in his life and now that the political class is trying to put a leash around his neck again, he’s growling and snarling. Are we surprised he’s fighting back?

This is what I meant about Uk needing to be very careful about pushing So. With all his so-called smarts he still hasn’t got So figured out – So is a fighter… a different kind of beast to him. When So thought Su was his happily ever after, he was a cute trained puppy on a leash but now when things are threatening to pull them apart, the wolf will come to the fore. It’s exactly what Yo said, Wolves mate for life. It works both ways: defensively and offensively. Used as a leverage once too many times, the wolf will bite and come out swinging. The schemers forgot that and they will pay, pay, pay. One at a time.

Honestly, I don’t see anything inconsistent at all. Frankly I don't see that So needs to apologize for cleaning up when his brothers were doing all kinds of things to undermine the throne and those protecting it for their own purposes.

Judging from how she’s written Su and So, I’d venture to guess that the writer probably believes people don’t really change all that much and it doesn’t take much for them to revert back to what they know when the trigger’s right. They both have things to do and if Su can't be the comfort that So needs then I support her leaving the castle and live out the final days peacefully (although the thought of her taking off with Jeong makes me a bit queasy).

See why I don’t take sides. ;)

(Well, maybe the writer’s side)

Very well said !!! Thank you 

• Like 7

I already watch the ep 18... my emotional like roller coaster .. up and down....thank you for the recap and great analysis, can't wait for monday 

I love the street date between soo and so. It's spontaneous date and both of them are in love. This is my healing scene of all bad thing happen to them :wub:

just my opinion...

I'm not blaming HS for the break up and why she want to leave the palace. She's from 21st century modern girl and come to the era where blood shed punishment is allowed. She has an idealism of how to live... do not kill other, against polygamy, etc. And what happen to her in goryeo was beyond her idealism, but she manage to accept and deal with it. She might feel sad and devastated with the CR’s death with the cruel way and blame WS for it, but like Jimong said, when court lady made mistake the punishment was being beat.  Being betrayed by CR might surprised and hurt her,  she might remember CR being killed by WS rather than CR betrayed her. Since the man who killed CR, who considered as her sister, was the man she loves. That’s hurt her more.

WS didn't kill for fun, he already offer way out for CR, but she refuse it because of what 9th prince ask her to keep close with HS (based on baek ah). CR false because she loves 9th prince...and she will do anything for the one she love. YES too much love will kill you.:(

but it little bit contrary with HS statement in the beginning episode when WS just kill the assassin in the temple... HS was very understanding that this is the era when you have to wield sword at very young age, you have to kill other to live and it's not crime to want to live. It might not forgiven but she understand it... why can she understand him now ?:bawling: maybe she can not handle the pain... enough is enough ? or she is afraid if she still around WS, he hard to manage his duty as a king, she might afraid she is become his burden for the king.

HS already knew who WS is, how ruthless he was when it comes to protect his inner circle. He was ruthless before he become a king. (ruthless but still beautiful :wub:) The man who will do anything to protect them even it will danger himself (he is the one who took the poison tea to save CP). That’s why he ask for HS understanding when HS ask to let jung see his mother.

Indeed the throne was scary and lonely :( feel pity for WS  :bawling: he has to manage all the clans with many untrusthy companion around him. And unwanted married with YH :bawling::bawling:. Keep your distance with YH ok... keep busy with your work and no need make children !! make an excuse to come home late by working so hard and let YH sleep first hehehe... 

I missed uri 10th prince to cheer him up....

for Wook... i want to punch his "innocent look" face. He better get punishment for the next episode. He is the master mind of all evil thing which happen between HS and WS.

But imagine hs with jung ? i can not accept it... same as WS with YH... :bawling:

I just hope, if HS should die due her illness, let her die in WS's arm and she will let him know that they have a child.... a child of their love... to accompany him and remind him how she love him *daydreaming :wub:

still I do hope the happy ending for both of them. Let’s says they reincarnate in the 21st century ? modern ws and hs with

really, this drama no joke... 

• Like 18

I am

as shocked as Ji Mong,

as heartbroken as Hae Soo,

as scared as Baek Ah,

to see the sudden change of Wang So since episode 17.

What's with killing all the people who accuse of him stealing the throne,

Why would he cared so much about people talking about the letter Yo wrote.

Because as he said before, after all he earned the throne by a revolt anyway.

And How about his intention to take the throne to stop this brother killing brother,

Now he wants to get back on his words and goes on killing spree.

Wang So is out of character.

And I blame the writer trying to compress this rich stories into 20 episodes.

It's not working.

I didn't regret any scenes from episode 1-16, the lighthearted story, I didn't feel it was too long, I like it.

But as much as I dislike this gruesome conflict to get longer, I want to see it's proper phase of how Wang So slowly turns that way.

If spirit exist, I would believe that Wang So is possessed by the spirit right now.

Bong Pal and Hyun Ji need to fight that spirit and take him away from Wang So.

I know he's not always that way. Sometimes he's just like himself.

So is the spirit attached to the palace or the throne? That's why he always had the sudden change in the king's throne room.

Huff, how am I suppose to take all this?

• Like 11

I am super annoyed with Soo after ep 18, because I hate how she bulldozed over So and Baek Ah explaining to her why Chae Ryung was being punished, and harped on the fact that So killed her “little sister”, while conveniently ignoring the fact that that “little sister” basically killed his brother, no matter who she was working with. 

Despite that, there are 3 things that I thought are worth mentioning by way of explaining her breakdown in regards to the thing about Chae Ryung:

1. So’s casual cruelty here; not his punishment of her, but the way he chose to do so, is in the exact way that she hates. I know Soo seems to have assimilated better and better into Goryeo at some points; some even remark that her ease of acting like a woman of Goryeo instead of the 21st century is a bit puzzling considering how other aspects of this time still unnerve her. But beating someone like an animal is something that her 21st century morals fundamentally reject; in fact it is Chae Ryung whom she defended from Yeon Hwa’s similar treatment. If you think about it, such an action from even the man she loves must still be revolting, and perhaps doubly so when it mimics that of a woman who has basically been making her miserable whenever she can
  2. Her support of So to be king has been tentative all this while, and even when she sees him smiling kindly when dressed in kingly garb, she still vows to make him a monarch who will not go down in history as a cruel one; clearly she still has hang-ups about him turning psycho after getting the crown. His decision to beat a slave to death, despite his previous defence of her against a beating and his refusal to work slaves to death, etc. shows a change in his attitude, even if his circumstances has forced his hand. But I think this made Soo realise that he could still very well turn out far worse than she hoped for him to be, and worse still, she has little ability to prevent this from happening in actual fact. 
  3. Chae Ryung’s words about having only done these things for the sake of her first love, and that Soo would understand she has no regrets clearly disturbed her when she read the letter. And later on, she tells Baek Ah that Chae Ryung was only a girl in love; something that got her a lot of flak because everyone was like what the richard simmons she killed someone for that blind love. But here’s the thing; when Soo explains to Baek Ah why she is so devastated, she doesn’t call So by his personal name or even as the king. She refers to him as the man she loves, and I think this is the root of her decision to leave the palace, if this ends up being the last straw that sends her out of the palace, instead of a miscarriage as it was in C-BBJX: she realised that like Chae Ryung was, she’s in love with someone so much so that if he went too far, she could very well end up complicit in actions that she cannot stomach. In fact, her decision to lie and legitimise So’s claim is something very unlike what we would imagine an idealistic Soo to stand by, so perhaps these little concessions that she has already made only highlights to her that this is a slippery slope she could very well end up sliding down, and by then she will be in a situation where she hates herself for doing these things and hates So for making her do them and to her utmost misery, she can’t stop because she loves him too much to leave him. 
  • Like 18

54 minutes ago, riuenu said:

alright...yeorobun, just drop by and say, our happy pill BTS is sub!!!

Thanks IUteamstarcandy for it!!! nervous and tongue twisting much ya, So...kekekkekeke

yess.. this is what we need ...

BTS saved the day :blush:

• Like 14

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Good episode but yeah... very sad as the inevitable looms large. The throne is truly a lonely place and to hold on to it is a terrifying task.

As someone else said earlier in the thread, I too have a really hard time taking sides between So and Su because I love them both and I can quite easily put myself in their shoes and walk in them. In a real enough way these two people would have never met if she hadn’t been transported unceremoniously across time and space. It’s a mismatched situation and ultimately it’s a mix of circumstances and their own personalities that will tear them apart. But it doesn’t make their romance less great even if they go their separate ways. The greatness of their romance shouldn’t be measured by whether they have a happy ending but by how much they loved when they could. My belief is that they were hampered from the start but in the end they tried the very best they could. I never assumed that they would have a happy ending judging from the source material and I never liked to speculate much that they would either.

My view for some time has been that Su was brought back to Goryeo precisely for the qualities that she’s being berated for clinging onto right now. Narratively at least, only a woman who can see the best in others despite all appearances to the contrary could have tamed a savage, blood-thirsty, ruthless man and caused him to fall in love. Wang So was a pariah within his family and in all of Goryeo. His reputation as a wolf-like creature preceded him and yet she managed to find something in him to sympathize with. More than that, her tendency to sympathize compelled her to help him unmask himself and instil the confidence he needed to get to where he is today. On top of all of that, her unerring optimism and sassy attitude endeared her to most of the princes. Before we turn on her wholesale, let’s remember that those were the character traits that made her uniquely qualified to unlock So’s heart and take him on his journey to the throne.

I think it is a little unfair to ask her to jettison all of that just because it would be more expedient to do so. On some level, I want her to become as conniving and ruthless as Yeon Hwa but then if she were like YH, neither Uk nor So would never have fallen for her. She would have just been another palace player with agendas, manipulating everyone for her own ends.

However, having said that, it is also fair to say that if she can’t cast off her idealism because it’s killing her little by little inside, she needs to leave so that she doesn’t hold So back from doing what needs to be done and if So does love her and continues to respect her freedom, he should let her go.

I also strenuously disagree that Su doesn’t love So or has never loved him. I am really surprised that even after the last few episodes commenters are still saying this. She has compromised her own stated positions on polygamy and marriage in general not once but twice already because of him. She didn’t condemn him for killing Eun and understood why he did it. She waited at least 2 years for him when he left without her and she helped him become King despite her own misgivings. When she built her prayer shrine, she asked for more time to be with him knowing that she’s largely living on borrowed time.

Much as I don’t care for Chae Ryung, I’m sure that entire episode devastated Su not just because of the brutality in which punishment was meted out but because CR was supposedly a friend she had trusted and CR betrayed her trust. Someone who had not only caused the death of a King but also someone who had knowledge of the truth of a conspiracy. All of this made things untenable for Su and So under Yo’s watchful eye, which led in part to their 2 year separation. Undoubtedly CR was a pawn in a much bigger game but she used their so-called friendship to be a spy for Uk and Won and make in-roads into the palace. 

Nevertheless, call me hard-hearted but I don't buy "she only loved" as an excuse. People got hurt and a good King went nuts, died. And as So rightly pointed out, she was used to create problems between them. That's why Su sadly... doesn't really belong in the palace. It's not a bad thing to be generous but when people are backstabbing you and have created problems between you and the man you love, you've got to draw the line somewhere.

All these complaints are why week after week I keep thinking that I must be watching a show that’s completely different to everyone else. There must be some 4th or 5th version floating out there that’s created from Vogon poetry that I haven’t yet seen.

So has always been the guy to take out the rubbish. Now that he's on the warpath, he's definitely doing what he was born to do I expect. ;) He's taking out the rubbish in his own indomitable style.

As for So’s apparently newfound ruthlessness… well, he’s always been ruthless. That’s at the core of who he is. Let’s not forget that this is the man who killed a temple full of monks for his mother. It’s part of his duality… the man needing to be loved and the man who was never afraid to do what was necessary. Not sure why that’s a contradiction. Aside from that the one thing he cared about most in the world and he was forced from every side to give her up and be the devoted husband he always wanted to be. And now he’s hopping mad… as I expected he would be.

The Hwangbos overreached and forced his hand in the matter of marriage and needing support from the powerful clans. He was backed into a corner, asked to give up Su for political expediency and he’s none too happy. She’s been largely the restraining force in his life and now that the political class is trying to put a leash around his neck again, he’s growling and snarling. Are we surprised he’s fighting back?

This is what I meant about Uk needing to be very careful about pushing So. With all his so-called smarts he still hasn’t got So figured out – So is a fighter… a different kind of beast to him. When So thought Su was his happily ever after, he was a cute trained puppy on a leash but now when things are threatening to pull them apart, the wolf will come to the fore. It’s exactly what Yo said, Wolves mate for life. It works both ways: defensively and offensively. Used as a leverage once too many times, the wolf will bite and come out swinging. The schemers forgot that and they will pay, pay, pay. One at a time.

Honestly, I don’t see anything inconsistent at all. Frankly I don't see that So needs to apologize for cleaning up when his brothers were doing all kinds of things to undermine the throne and those protecting it for their own purposes.

Judging from how she’s written Su and So, I’d venture to guess that the writer probably believes people don’t really change all that much and it doesn’t take much for them to revert back to what they know when the trigger’s right. They both have things to do and if Su can't be the comfort that So needs then I support her leaving the castle and live out the final days peacefully (although the thought of her taking off with Jeong makes me a bit queasy).

See why I don’t take sides. ;)

(Well, maybe the writer’s side)

thanks @40somethingahjumma, reading ur post always calm my heart down...very very well said..especially the 2 highlighter portion...I am really clueless mad at So..till I saw what you wrote..I forget So always wanted to be the one and only devoted husband to Soo, how could I forget that, thanks for highlighting that...

IMO Soo to So is humanity...taking Soo away from So, mean taking his humanity away, he doesnt want what he done to be seem as a monster to Soo, that is why, he is out to kill the source that making him look like a monster...with Soo leaving the palace, the man she loved, with wook confessing that Soo and him once discussing about marriage..the jealousy will totally burn out his humanity...which I think, I cant bring myself watching it next episode.

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, roneddski said:

Actually I was thinking about this too.. She couldn't have known about this unless she stalked them or was there at the scene.. Or she stole one of JiMong's wiretapping device and plant it on So?? Maybe she had spies hiding near the King's room too

It was sly of her to make use of this info to make So come to her, since she probably knew So will mistake her for Soo under that mask..

@roneddski @ktcjdrama 

I think YH knows about the mask because of Chaeraung since she seems to have freedom to go into HS's new room (She was able to leave her blood letter there, she took HS's book written in Hangul). They went out with masks before CR was discovered and sentenced to death.

• Like 10

After this episode, we can see that the forum/opinions is divided mainly between defending Wang So's actions vs defending Hae Soo's actions. You know what, after watching this episode, and it pains me to say this and I might get hate for this but it is best they separate especially so in this period and place. They clearly has two different set of values and ideals. I don't know what the writer is planning but this is my conclusion after this episode. The more they stay together, the more they will hurt each other. It is as per Hae Soo's words in the trailer:"how wonderful it would have been if we met in a different world, different period". They are like the Sun and the Moon. Fire versus water. If they both co-exist together, both will 'kill' each other. Unless, maybe it is two normal people loving each other in modern scene then things might be different. If the writer plans to have a happy modern scene. 

Edited by Rose34
  • Like 22

in BBJX 13TH did't know that the word 'i accept' from RX meaning that she will marry 14th in order to get out from palace.. he as shock as 4th when 14th bring out the royal decree from the previous king so for me BA did't know that the word 'i want' mean the marriage and he really want to make Su happy at that times.. my consolation is So is the one who order BA to taking care of Su cause now she hates him.... 

in BBJX the royal decree means nothing and 4th will find a way to make it invalid... this one RX know it and 14th know it.. this is where 8th step in and spill the beans making 4th grant the permission to RX get out from palace...

about WW how nice it could be that he spill the beans about YH too?? this can redeem himself i mean at least nobody get what they want in the end.. WW in prison and YH will get So cold shoulder for the rest of her life....

about the hairpin is the symbol from Su just like when Jung said lets just be like that butterflies and go from palace.. Su did't give to BA to give it away but to make sure Jung understand that she is the one who want that.. hairpin will be on Su hand later on in that damn box who So will find every single thing that he ever give to Su in there a long side the bunch of poem that he wrote...

the separation for me must happen cause now they entering the stage of unhealthy relationship.. So with the throne problem and Su with her hard to accept that So is changing.. no good thing will happen if they together now.. Su used to say that if So did't change she will not change too.. but now Su is given the harsh reality of everybody changing including So... if anything the separation at least will make Su peacefully waiting her death even if its mean missing So to death...

in BBJX when RX is gone that she start to love 4th without thinking of anything or anyone and just loving him every single day... her days is calm and peaceful so i think Su also will have that... living far away from that awful palace and just loving So as much as she can... and if fate have mercy on So and Soo they will meet the last time before she die..

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Rose34 said:

After this episode, we can see that the forum/opinions is divided between defending Wang So's action vs defending Hae Soo's actions. You know what, after watching this episode, and it pains me to say this and I might get hate for this but it is best they separate especially so in this period and place. They clearly has two different set of values and ideals. I don't know what the writer is planning but this is my conclusion after this episode. The more they stay together, the more they will hurt each other. It is as per Hae Soo's words in the trailer:"how wonderful it would have been if we met in a different world, different period". 

agree!! they loved each other too much in a wrong time and place... the only thing that will happen if they stay together is that they going to hurt each other cause they are different.. So can't make Su understand what he'd doing simply because Su don't accept it.. its against her life values and thinking... 

nothing good will come out if they stay together as right now... maybe a 1000 years later???

• Like 13

1 hour ago, sooji28 said:

After watching eps 18 with subs, am i the only one who feels exhausted? I guess i'm too immersed and dwell on to MLSHR. Because i can feel Hae Soo's suffocated from She and Wang So's relationship. She probably feeling sad seeing Wang So is changing. Poor Hae Soo.

And i find two memes. It is exactly how i feel about Wang So.

or this one too

Reveal hidden contents

PicsArt_10-26-10.50.22.jpg

Ah well, 2 more episodes to go.

I feel the same too... I'm so devastated, mentally broken down. I fell lost as soon as I finished watch eps. 18                       

Somehow I can understand how's WS feeling towards HS. All the plots were done by Hwangbo's clan. Starts from HS as WW's 1st wife cousins, then WW and HS fell in love then they planned to get married (and thank god it never happens). on the other hand there's another traitor ChaeRyong and last but not least YH. No wonder WS will extremely angry, betrayed and doubt HS's love towards him. We must see from WS's perspective, we might do the same when we love / care too much, right? (when too much love will kill you). There's no reasonable explanation can ease WS's anger except only one and that's HS's death. We never realized how much we love someone when they're gone, right? and yes, I'd prefer HS to die whether in peace or in pain (like C-version)...the sweetest "revenge" for our King. 

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 11

18 minutes ago, AryRa said:

yess.. this is what we need ...

BTS saved the day :blush:

Yea @AryRa, it save my heart and soul too.... I keep staring at this, edited by @Visually-wandering

6 minutes ago, violet90 said:

agree!! they loved each other too much in a wrong time and place... the only thing that will happen if they stay together is that they going to hurt each other cause they are different.. So can't make Su understand what he'd doing simply because Su don't accept it.. its against her life values and thinking... 

nothing good will come out if they stay together as right now... maybe a 1000 years later???

maybe that is why the 6min preview say, if they had met and fall in love in different time, something like that...maybe...this is the part of the letter Soo is writing to So, the parting letter...but I rather Soo say that to So face to face before she die in his arm...that is my only hope for k version now

• Like 14