[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

16 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

Exactly. Now that I think about it I think throughout this whole show people have just been playing with us. SBS messed with us with the whole baseball thing, then there was the international vs. SBS versions, the writers and LJG playing with our hearts the whole way,the ending, Ji Mong, the news of the alternative ending, the stills of the cut scenes, THE CUT SCENES, THE CUT SCENES, THE CUT SCENES, and now the 'SOON'. Oh come on people, don't you have the slightest bit of guilt for what you have done to my heart and sanity?

Guilt? Naah, they are enjoying this ;)

• Like 11

2 hours ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Annyeong Chingudeul,

It took me a few days to find the time to write down my version of the ML-SHR final. But I eventually finished and updated it on my asianfanfics account. I hope you’ll enjoy reading it. May it help to heal all of your broken hearts.:wub:;)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1190152/until-we-meet-again-moonlovers

As you’ve probably noticed I've tagged everyone who liked the posts about my writing below. (I hope I didn't forget anybody! If so, please excuse me! It's quite late over here and I'm just about to go to bed. :huh::sweatingbullets:

Please note that English is not my first language. I hope you still have fun reading! Feedback is always welcome!:lol:

Much love,

Soul

@ldwon4 @carmens @missluxedo @kriswu @Diana Blanche @maniac-moon @Evangeline Yang @luci13 @antoniaclamens @salm0n @ilovecoffeeandbooks @junejungki @antiherofans @Kelly86 @ziggy123 @dramu51ch0c10ve @snccrockz @blue003 @moonlover399993 @Silvermaine @Aartee Gangasing @pwnkl @itzibitzispider @may6 @staygold @hiluna @andy78 @40somethingahjumma @MAROSA_JIN @pauexclusive @bluesunny3 @luci13 

Well a twitter post said "if you want a happy ending, make your own" well this is it, THIS IS REALLY IT" 

at the "STOP THE CAR!" i seated straight! You took me there it's like it came to life! Awesome writting! Clap clap!

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, pauexclusive said:

Probably they change the ending to something we don't expect for the fans to make a buzz like us on the internet. I mean like everywhere, ended it with a BANG! They want us to talk about it for a long time after it ended. 

12. Reactivate twitter and youtube accounts to vent out

haha me too.. came to find again my accounts on twitter and ig hahaha

• Like 3

LONG POST ALERT!!

Well it finally ended. I have to say at the first watch, I threw my pillow at the TV (since I connect my laptop to the TV to watch my shows) so that didn’t make for a nice birthday for me lol I came to realize that I was actually fine in my second watch. I think my initial anger was influenced by the fact that I accidentally read what LJG said about how the ending was supposed to be longer and they cut something.  Now boy, why would you give out that info? Lmao I was wondering “Did he get permission from SBS and the production? Does he not know what can of whoop hell he opened or he just doesn’t care?” Then I see those snippets of some of the stuffs cast members said and such and I’m starting to wonder if they are a little salty and low key shading the production. I am gonna repeat again this show had no business being 20 episodes especially if you are gonna have that many characters on a show. I know people here hate YH mostly because well she’s putting holes on their ship, but honestly speaking if she was fleshed out more, she could be the Korean version of Anne Boleyn from the Tudors. Anne did everything to get to that throne and stayed on it. Unfortunately, her downfall was not being able to produce a male heir resulting in her framing and execution (which was ironic since the girl she gave birth to was the one history remembered more than the son her stupid husband was longing for lol) I had no issues with her being ambitious and wanting to fight for that goal. It’s just that her character appeared mostly salty like Queen Yo. I have no issues with grey characters or villains as long as they are written properly and beautifully portrayed.

Ok I’m getting with my beefs with the finale.  As much as I love my boo thing LJG and thought  he did great in the finding out that HS died, I just didn’t feel bad for WS lol He kinda asked for it.  He let his pride, anger, and jealousy get the best of him.  First he had lots of time to spare to personally go spy on them *smh* and then he was ignoring that bunch of letters? I mean, the first one I can understand, but if he keeps receiving those letters even if he thought they were from Jung, shouldn’t he be at least curious? It could have been about HS.  And they are still telling me that he DIDN’T know she was sick??? And that doctor had the audacity to retire!!!! *smh* They should have at least explained to the effin audience about why it was sacrilege for HS/WS to have the same writing.  I mean I knew why but some people didn’t.  We are not mind readers!!! The way it was handled, it’s like it was no big deal.  No emphasis or real reaction for it whatsoever like it was normal for both of them to share the same calligraphy style.

Other beef: the BABY! Like helleerrrr! Could we at least get a hint when she found out she had a little So cooking in the oven???? You don’t give your damn OTP a love child and treat it like a third class citizen storyline.  You bothered casting a child for it (how cute that little button is!!) Then So finding out about it.  So funny, he could figure that one out in 3 secs but not the Wook/Soo thing *smh* One thing I don’t g et is that people are still thinking he didn’t know.  I know this show loves to be vague as hell, but I thought it was pretty clear he knew.  Why would he order Jung to leave the child with him if it was Jung’s kid? LOL He loves HS, but I don’t think he would freakin want to take care of her kid with someone else. He was still pretty hostile to Jung when he saw that he was the father of the kid.  He went from smiling to dark aura in a split second (the power of LJG) He asked Jung what he’s doing here since he’s still exiled. Jung who seems the worst secret keeper on the planet was already fidgeting because he was afraid WS would figure out and boy was he right.  You could tell WS at first sensed a familiarity with the girl then he started asking questions because there is no way Jung’s new wife could have a child this big already.  In top of Jung nervousness and him trying to flee lol, once he saw the pin everything started to come clear.  And also, Jung never referred to the daughter as his when he was on his knee. He only mentioned HS’s dying wish for her child. Hence why So lifted the exile (not sure if it was really because of him letting go of grudges) and told him to come to the palace every now then which is translation to you can raise her but I do get to see her sometimes.  Seriously, just look at Joon Gi’s facial expression during that exchange, that’s all you need to know. Lol Ok yeah the beef part? He could have at least asked for her damn NAME! Or a little tap on the head or stroke of the hair to letting her know that he was her uncle. NOOOO! I can’t even get that.   All I get that he just walks away. WTF? That’s his child with HS!!! There is no way that’s all we get from that. Ugh!

END OF RANT! Anyway, I have been rewatching Arang right now.  Aah my first real LJG ship. I swear I realized that I’m kinda whatever to all of his co stars except for Shin Minah and now IU.  I found his pairing with LYB cute and shipped the OTP while the show was airing but now I realized that was mostly because of him hahaha because now I’m like whatever to the Scholar’s OTP and the female character was one of the worst written. Arang  proved to me that they are writers still capable of writing strong female characters all the way through, I wished that writer had send the memo to ML’s writer on the subject.

Off topic

Spoiler

On his next project though, I know that Advanced by writer Park Kyung Soo (Punch) was supposed to be on ML’s timeslot, but it got delayed.  I think because he changed the synopsis from doctor to cop show or the reverse so he needed more time.  I know they announced that LBY was offered the female lead role but that was neons ago and nothing yet.  She was offered another drama so maybe that project is still in casting limbo.  I looove Punch and Kim Rae Won’s character was such a corrupt and grade A*hole lead and I loved the fact that they didn’t use his cancer to try to redeem him or something lol Now that’s the kind of character I was talking about and would love to see LJG play.  I mean WS wasn’t a saint and pretty challenging to play so we know LJG delivers.  I actually love when he exudes that darkness.  The only thing is that though I haven’t watched the Chaser yet, I know that this writer usually kills his male leads lol There is also the Signal writer, but she said she’s writing a sageuk *where she could freely kill her leads without being judged lmao * and Joon Gi is all tired of sageuks now lol

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

Moonlovers, chingus, like I promised here's Book II of Escape From the Palace. Things will not be what you expect b/c I'm an butth*le writer who does not like giving audiences what they want. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8474035/chapters/19416754

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12219889/1/

thanks! will start reading SOON (pun intended)...

• Like 6

9 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Hi!

Any news about the soundtrack? I'd love to have melodies (not songs!) from our drama. <3 

Moon Lover's OST already on sale by pre order since last week in Yes Asia. They started sending out order 2 days ago. I'll get mine by next week.

• Like 8

On 11/5/2016 at 7:43 AM, runitaaa said:

just thinking they did it once, I already want to throw up! how come you said every time??? 

Ehehe, sorry. Yes, I was regarding to history. Of course, I'm the same as you, I despise that particular scene to death, I want to barge in and strangle her.

I mean, Love doesn't necessary to exist when having sex. When it doesn't and has deep hatred instead.... adding up So's temperaments....hmm....let's just say the agony and humiliation would be unbearable, I can assure you she'd regret she'd been born. 

Anyway, please ignore me, if this theory doesn't the least help you getting your sanity back. I hope I didn't rub salt on your wound. Sorry, if I did. 

Anyhow, I'm done with speculating anything, I'm sitting back and enjoying this LJG so-called 'healing' from this brilliant show. *replay button, for the 1201 times* ehehe

Can you release our cut scene from captivity already, SBS/PDnim/Investors/whoever richard simmons called that ? Pretty,pleaseeee?

• Like 16

15 hours ago, ShaiKeun said:

@tinniet @ruizaio i do agree with what you have said. that is  called "Marketing Strategy."

I don't know, when i saw the survey post, I have no appetite to join. I suspect that they are playing psychological game to  the MLSHR viewers. They are striking the iron while still hot by making announcement that they will make an uncut dvd of MLSHR. Out of curiosity, and hunger of some uncut scenes ( especially if they will include the uncut scene that SoSoo met in the 21st century), they are sure that many will sign up in the survey. They will make money out of the misery of others. 

For this so-called "marketing strategy" they dare to sacrifice the ending?! wow, what a miser. please die a horrible death (after releasing that alternate scene) :blush:

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, shellyhyun said:

anyone have a video link when reading the first script ????

in youtube only briefly

yes i wanna see the first part where they introduce themselves... i think i saw it somewhere but i cant remember where? (or maybe it was a different drama.. lol)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, virsvirs said:

albumtemp.jpg

I have signed the petition guys! I also told all my friends who have watched MLSHR to sign too :D 

Can't believe +28.000 people already signed :w00t: c'mon guys all we need is +6500 more people :sweatingbullets:

Let's make it possible! I know we and the rest of MLSHR supporters worldwide can make it!!! \^0^/

Here's the link: 

https://www.change.org/p/sbs-make-scarlet-heart-ryeo-season-2-possible?recruiter=130251770&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I signed already

• Like 9

Im really hesitant to sign the petition... BBJQ (the second season of BBJX) killed it for me. I'm not trying to say that MLSHR will be the same, but rather I fear the possibility that the second season will disappoint us in some way... If they do end up making a second season, I'd still watch it to support the cast (& LJG) keke :3

• Like 18

7 hours ago, briseis said:

A Love That Never Dies

The moment the little girl bumps into him Wang So feels an instant connection and is drawn to her, just like he used to be drawn to Hae Soo. And it makes total sense that So noticed something similar about Seol because his blood runs in her veins and blood is not water; he who remembers every word, every smile, every tear of her mother. His memories of Soo are igrained on his body, heart and soul. The meeting of the father and daughter is like another eclipse - beautiful, destined, but brief - destined to meet but never to be together. After so many years, he once again lowers himself in front of a woman, a king who does not knee in front of anyone. It’s such an instinctive and visceral reaction WHEN HE REACHES OUT AND CARESSES HER CHEEK WITH SUCH HEARTWRENCHING TENDERNESS, JUST LIKE HE USED TO CARESS HER MOTHER. Even before So spots the lotus hairpin he already suspects, but the moment he notices it in Seol’s hair, the hairpin that belonged only to them, he immediately connects all the dots - he is shocked and awed - and one look at Jung is all the confirmation he needs; THAT THE CHILD HE ALWAYS LONGED FOR SO MUCH IS NOW STANDING IN FRONT OF HIM - REAL, ALIVE, A LIVING PROOF OF HIS AND SOO’S LOVE, AND SO CLOSE and all he needs to do is to claim her.

“For this child… she asked that she does not live in the palace. It is so scary and lonely. She said she did not want her here. That is all Hae Soo worried about until the moment she died.” 

He wants so much to simply reach out and take her with him, but does not because Seol is the greatest gift he can never have. You can notice the exact moment he makes his decision. It’s not merely that he is respecting HS’s wish even after he death, BUT BECAUSE HE CHOOSES THE SAME AS SHE DID FOR THEIR CHILD - FREEDOM. It’s not that he chooses to let her go because WANG SO NEVER LETS GO, HE IS SETTING HER FREE; just like everyone he loves. HE GIVES EVERYBODY FREEDOM (even to slaves) AND PROTECTS THEM WHILE HE HIMSELF CHAINS HIMSELF INSIDE THE PALACE - it’s his price to pay. Once again he denies himself and until the very ends he does not change, staying unselfish in his love. He is setting his daughter free SO SHE CAN LIVE FREELY, something her parents longed for so much but never could. In the end, he allows himself one last look at the daughter he can never claim, a daughter who will never call him ‘father’, and leaves without even learning her name! BECAUSE THE FACT THAT SHE EXISTS AND WILL BE FREE IS ENOUGH FOR HIM - and he will love her, watch her and protect her from afar till the day he dies, but she will never know.

Well said @briseis, very well said. I definitely agree with the setting free part, that's what he had been doing since the moment he let Soo got married to other man (before knowing that she had basically been sold). Before that moment he already called her his person, but he was ready to let her go if it was her will. And that moment when he offered divorce. And that breaking up after Eun's death. It was all about setting her free. 

Now I wonder if Soo did tell him the reason she wanted to leave the palace, would he let her leave for their child's freedom? Come to think of it, So never really knew Soo's reason, all he did was assuming that it was because of CR's death, Jung's proposal, and Wook. If she told him, I think things would be different. But again, as some eclipses have pointed, he would have to choose between Soo's life or their child. Such an impossible choice to make.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Beautifully said, dear. That's exactly how I see it too. This has been the approach of the writer right from the start and she's left morsels and breadcrumbs every step of the way to demonstrate that. At the end of the day this drama is a tragedy and I think the open ending reflects that.

I don't always like open-endings but here I think it works because the impact of the tragedy is longer-lasting. The fact that many of us are still here hanging around mourning the end of the show and suffering terrible withdrawals is testament to the power of a tragic tale. A case in point: Which of Shakespeare's plays are most remembered by us? Hamlet? Romeo and Juliet? Macbeth? It's the tragedies.

What you say here also reminds me of AC Bradley's thesis of the tragic hero's fatal flaw. Bradley was a literary scholar who posited (after Aristotle) that most or if not all of Shakespeare's tragic heroes had a fatal flaw. Macbeth, his ambition; Othello, his jealousy or the way he internalized the prejudices that he suffered; Hamlet, his indecision perhaps; King Lear, his vanity.

I think that there is an unspoken expectation that people should change in the course of a story and I imagine that is where much of the frustration with the show lies. Why doesn't Su change and become more ruthless? To me that's the wrong question. Because for the writer, character is destiny... pumped on steroids. People don't change... people don't change other people. People adapt to circumstances, they compromise and they may even mellow over time but at their very core there are fixed points in their character. For Su it's her belief that humans act out of the good in them even when they do evil. That's why she can pity So and Chae Ryeong at the same time. It's pervades her entire thinking and consequently her actions. For her when So kills monks and sets them alight, it comes from the need to survive. With CR, on the other hand, her evil deeds come from her desire to prove her love. In her mind, there is absolutely nothing contradictory because the intent is what matters. That's why she can forgive Uk so easily for abandoning her for the throne because she buys into his rationale that he did it for her. 

That's why she can forgive easily... she understands all perspectives and sees herself umpiring all their disputes. It's that unwavering belief that good intentions can cover a multitude of sins.

This is in one sense her best quality but it is also her, in Bradleyan terms, tragic flaw. This is why she appears weak and indecisive. Wishy washy even.

However, that is also the mechanism in which she is able to stay with So as long as she did. She knows better than anyone what he's had to do to protect her and to protect himself in the palace. In the end she realised that she had to take herself out of the equation so that she no longer becomes his liability especially with a baby in tow. She absolutely left him out of love whichever way one looks at it. Even when it looks like she's abandoning him or reneging on her earlier promise to stay by his side, her love for him as far as her thought process are concerned overrides that promise. She loves him too much not to leave. More for his sake than for her own actually. Contrary to what I thought originally, I don't think she left the palace for her own survival. She left for his. The baby is obviously a significant factor... primarily because the baby represents that love she has for him. If she was really thinking about her own survival, she would never have had the baby knowing full well that it would be her undoing. Having that baby was the coup de grace. But it was the one single demonstration of how much she loved him and how much she wanted to preserve that as a legacy. It didn't matter if he didn't know it as long as that love was safe.

Everyone here knows that I adore So and LJG's performance has been all kinds of brilliant. But I think dwelling on his performance and So's perspective has hampered the ability of detractors to look at the bigger picture. No doubt the limitations of the 20 episode format has contributed to a lesser understanding of other characters but I still think it's all there. The morsels off the rich man's table, the breadcrumbs left by Hansel and Gretel, the themes, the motifs. 

Can I also say how much I love the way the writer/PD uses hairpins in this drama? I miss the mask but at least we had the peony hairpin right to the bitter end. It was beautifully poignant how their daughter inherited the hairpin which has come to symbolize their love. It was a lovely touch on every level.

UGH why are you always so on point. I think this is one of the reasons I connected so strongly to HS's character, because underneath the muddy motivations, I always saw a writer making a very CLEAR stance on the nature of humanity. There's such wisdom in realizing that about ourselves, that we cannot change that we only adapt but then revert to who we are. Much like WS did. There's a tremendous amount I've been able to draw out of the show and I'm sadden that other people did not. But that's okay. I've gotten far more out of this drama than it has gotten out of me. 

Character IS destiny and I'll go one step further to say that this character was made memorable because of her consistency. That I found really awe inspiring. I honestly don't think we needed that much to make the show greater than the sum of its parts, more internal monologues, a few more scenes for clarity and editing sequences, but honestly everything is already there (which is what I always saw). 

• Like 18

Is a 2nd season possible for 'Moon Lovers'?

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/11/is-2nd-season-possible-for-moon-lovers.html

Spoiler

201611021024775817_581940a7a7183_99_2016

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-11-02%2Bat%2B3.26.4

Osen  - Naver: Lee Jun Ki's time slip this time? 'Moon Lovers', let's go for a season 2

1. [+7,280, -169] Change the director and writer if there's ever a season 2!!

2. [+6,608, -187] Honestly, a drama that began and ended for Lee Jun Ki..the cast saved the crappy script

3. [+4,457, -94] Ah show us all the missing scenes too..

4. [+3,469, -159] I want a season 2 with a different writer and director

5. [+3,375, -133] Didn't the original get a season 2 following the success of the first one? I had high expectations for the Korean version knowing the director of It's Okay It's Love but it's a major disappointment because of the writer

6. [+757, -38] The scene where Gwang Jong is all alone in the end broke my heart

7. [+741, -44] They're better off without a second season but maybe do a 1-episode special where they meet in the present and have a happy ending. This writer has no creativity

8. [+713, -46] Season 2 is pushing it, I just want a special episode.. I'm still frustrated over the ending

9. [+658, -37] Given the time constraints for 20 episodes, a lot of the scenes were actually edited out and it didn't seem right that Hae Soo and Wook had a lot of scenes in the beginning

10. [+609, -30] Consider getting a different writer and director for season 2. When Lee Jun Ki read the letter and broke down in tears, I couldn't help but think his efforts were wasted

• Like 23