[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo' Lee Joon-Gi teases special episode, Gwangjong meets Hae-Soo; Season 2 petition launched by fans [SPOILERS]

•   Reveal hidden contents

IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.'

IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.' (Photo : YouTube/drama sparks)

It has only been three days since SBS' "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" aired its finale episode, yet many fans are already yearning for a second season. The 20-episode historical drama starred Lee Joon-Gi and Lee Ji-Eun aka IU.

Like Us on Facebook

Recently, avid fans set up an online petition with the aim of collecting at least 35,000 signatures or supporters. It is said that the petition will be sent to SBS' President/Co-Rep Director Lee Woong-Mo.

Despite the low and unjustified ratings in South Korea, "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" drew a favorable response abroad. Since it is based on Hunan's "Scarlet Heart" (2010-2011), fans wanted to ask the SBS Network to make "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" Season 2, just like the Chinese version.

The petitioner, Charlene Mae Perez, also asked SBS to keep the contracts of the show's cast member valid. As of date, there are only 8,711 supporters needed in order to reach the goal of 35,000.

While many are glad about the claims, it is important to note that nothing is official yet. Talks about the possible "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" Season 2 started after the drama's cliffhanger ending left fans with so many questions.

The finale episode, which aired on Nov. 1, Tuesday, saw the death of Hae-Soo (IU) after she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Hae-Soo's soul then returned to her incarnation in the 21st century.

While struggling to get over the trauma of her experiences, she passed by a gallery of Goryeo Dynasty-era paintings.

The heroine then realized that everything happened was not a dream and felt sorry for leaving 4th Prince Wang So / King Gwangjong (Lee) behind. Meanwhile, in the Goryeo Era, Wang So promised that if they are not from the same world, then "I will find you, my Hae-Soo."

Hence, many believed Wang So and Hae Soo's love story is far from over. It intensified after Lee took to Instagram on Nov. 2, Tuesday and shared a clip from the finale episode with a "SOON" emoji.

Further, Lee seemingly hints at an extra episode of the SBS drama in the midst of "My Love Lee Joon-Gi" fan meeting. Speaking before a predominantly Korean crowd, as translated by a Tumblr user, the Hallyu star stated King Gwangjong will surely meet Hae-Soo, but stressed that he does not know when will it be released.

"At any rate, I won't spoil you," Lee added. "I do believe that Gwangjong's true feelings for Soo were delivered to her. I guess this is what you call an open ending?"

http://en.yibada.com/articles/171381/20161104/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-lee-joon-gi-teases-special.htm

How I wished that they would finally speak up about that hinted SoSoo meeting scene! I am so curious right now, it's frustrating!:tears:

• Like 11

5 hours ago, ldwon4 said:

Can someone post a list of any good mlshr fanfics? I need to fill this void for the next couple of months from the severe withdrawal I'm suffering :tears:

I've caught up with Escape from the Palace so give me more please!! at his is my first time I need and wanted to read fan fictions XD

Oh yassssss, I know a lot of good fanfics~~ Apart from Escape from the Palace, there's also: (I'm not too good with summaries)

• A Little Bit of Moon Lovers by whatadaze: it's a collection of SoSoo oneshots, will definitely fulfill your shipper heart! As of this post, there's 34 one shots~~
  • A Journey to Silla by Xiao_Zhen: an AU. It starts from where Soo escapes from her marriage to King Taejo, she goes to BA's hometown, Silla, with the help of WS and BA. It's really good and definitely has SoSoo moments~~ :lol:
  • The Moon Embraces the Sun by StarDoll: it's a really interesting AU where Lady Oh saves Soo from the palace through escaping. She takes on a mother role to Soo~~
  • Moon Lovers Collection by krysyuy: Also a collection of SoSoo oneshots that are definitely worth reading~~~!!
  • let me in the walls (you've built around) by ladyfriday: An AU where HS is to be married to WS by the King's decree KYAAAAAAAAAA :w00t: (I have no idea if it;s a oneshot or not hehe)
  • But Did They Use Coins Yet by StarDoll: a oneshot where HS and WS spend time in the marketplace! Really cute and funny!
  • Unfinished Fate by Delylah: a modern day fanfic where WS is transported into the modern century!! It looks really promising :D
  • The King's Daughter by amoet: a oneshot of WS and his daughter :) Really sweet!

There's a lot of fanfics I have yet to read, but the ones above are the ones I have read (and up to date) and would highly recommend! Hope you enjoy~~

• Like 22

I don't know if these have been shared yet but I stumpled up on them while looking for the OSTs.^_^

By the way, how come it's suddenly so quite in here? I remember a few days back you could barely leave for an hour and already missed tonns of comments...:huh:

• Like 18

6 hours ago, kiinn said:

Regarding Wang So and Yeon Hwa coitus, since he sorta hated her, he might assault her every time it happened? ----> Does that help to make peace with your mind? Idk *cough* I'm fine if he did, ops. sorry.

just thinking they did it once, I already want to throw up! how come you said every time??? 

• Like 2

Well, the ending wasn't exactly what I'd hoped for, so I'm a bit disappointed there. However, this drama was definitely engaging and had some great performances, especially a powerhouse performance by LJK. Thanks to everyone for recapping, sharing info, news, pictures,video. I appreciate your time and effort. I am also enjoying everyone's thoughts, analysis, gifs, etc. through the entire show. It was great to be able to come here after each episode to read and share all of the diverse thoughts and opinions. 

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Umi_ni_Sora said:

So...no official news of a special or release of an alternate ending? Will we have a Moonday?

Unfortunately not. I'm beginning to really dislike the "soon-->".

They should either show us the deleted clip quickly or - in case they want to keep us waiting any longer - prepare a really good surprise for us (like a special episode)... Otherwise it'll still leave people upset and wondering why the original ending wasn't  shown in the first place. 

Actually I wish I wouldn't even have read that they cut something from the final. I was okay with the ending until I knew it was meant to be different. This is far worse than waiting for christmas presents. :crazy::sweatingbullets:

• Like 21

4 hours ago, IAmSoulReader said:

I completely accept where you're coming from. I just think that the writers intended to show another perspective to explain her character development. Another small hint on the start of her pregnancy is when the midwife tells Jung that the baby came early. But she looked quite healthy, didn’t she? (If not why even mention it to us?) Of course the lady must have counted the months after the marriage. But in fact Hae Soo had most likely been pregnant for something about 2 months when she married (according to what I assume). As I said, it's just a hint. 

If Hae Soo left without knowing about the pregnancy her actions would have been out of her usual character. She always accepted great suffering but stepped up when she had to protect a loved one. That is why in my opinion it only makes sense for her to leave if she knew she had to protect someone other than just herself - her unborn baby.

I agreed with you. HS seemed very aware of her pregnancy when she left the palace. In the scene when WS wants to make her a concubine, she said something "I am not leaving the palace for the reason of not having a title". What she intended to say next was cut short by WS who didn't want to hear a word anymore. This made her even more adamant that she must leave the palace and keep the pregnancy a secret. YH will get crazy jealous and murderous if she finds out about the pregnancy.

I posted here before when HS first mentioned her intention to leave the palace. I was disappointed and angry with her as her love for WS only meant this much. But after the pregnancy plot was in place, I can totally understand her reason for leaving. Ok... I forgive her for leaving the palace. There's one more love for her to protect. After the child was born and secret away, she tried to see WS for one last time to resolve all the misunderstanding with WS, to say that she still loves him. IF ONLY the writer had some conscience (for the poor fans) to stray story from the original, and let WS sees her for one last time. That will be the finale good enough for me. I can rest in peace with that.

How YH and WS gets to have 5 children (sorry all, I hate YH so much that I can't seem to let go the fact they have more children even after WS has an heir)? I will love to think that he only goes to her when he gets drunk from thinking of HS too much. He's only doing it because in his drunkenness, he thought YH is HS. I am not illogical in thinking this, as the scene where YH tried to trick WS by posing as HS could be a prelude.

This will be the punishment for YH - ultimate humiliation. What she has been laughing at HS - being a mistress to the king, is now projected on her. She might be a queen but in actual, she's more like a worthless mistress. She owns the whole world but will never own the "small room" HS had with the King. Will be even more humiliating if WS placed HS's ashes in his room together with HS's queen robe. Even before HS's death, it's been a common knowledge in whole Goryeo that the King loves a court lady (from the songstress' statement to HS and Jung). 

YH saying, "I understand now why HS left you." She looks so pathetic in making this statement. WS knows very well HS left him because of love, not hate, which is why he ignored her.

Enough of my ranting on YH. Sorry to Kang Hana, but you potrayed YH too well that I hate her with all my heart and guts.

• Like 22

21 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Unfortunately not. I'm beginning to really dislike the "soon-->".

They should either show us the deleted clip quickly or - in case they want to keep us waiting any longer - prepare a really good surprise for us (like a special episode)... Otherwise it'll still leave people upset and wondering why the original ending wasn't  shown in the first place. 

Actually I wish I wouldn't even have read that they cut something from the final. I was okay with the ending until I knew it was meant to be different. This is far worse than waiting for christmas presents. :crazy::sweatingbullets:

It is probably best if we don't over thinking that SOON means. If they decided to give us special episode that is great. But don't put your hope up 'cause we don't know if they ever going to release it.

We need to protect our sanity :grimace:

• Like 13