[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

11 minutes ago, Rose34 said:

Okay, I am having headache now, I am just going to watch the SBS version tomorrow and for the finale I am not going to watch other versions, will just stream for the SBS and wait for eng subs. 

I am suddenly thinking, it all starts with the visions/premonitions...Hae Soo telling Wook to be careful of Wang So and that affect him later and then she being scared, doubtful and severe of Wang So because of her vision of Wang So being a cruel and bloodied ruler. Also for other visions. 

Why does the writer include this variable? What does her visions/premonitions all mean? What is the point of including them in the plot? Where does all of these ties to?

yes yes..you said it ...i'm starting to think that not even JM had a purpose....i got really interested in him form the very beginning ( him saying to HS to be very careful and to follow her destiny) to come in a full circle and not make it clear to us ...truly what is the intend or purpose of him saying all this ...he looks to me to be clueless most of the time...I just wish this character was more involve with her and sort of hint at us why he is there ....he seems pointless  at this point in regards to the fate follow destiny theme that he play at the start ....and now that you mentioned the sequence of visions...have we gotten the last of her visions(vicious GJ) ...i didn't see it during the episode...i need to go back and check...because that was the vision that started it all...the ultimate revelation...and is not even going happen...like really ...if she left on a bitter note...that was her chance of seeing his sour face...because if there ever is a reunion in what is left of her time in Goryeo...is to be able to bid a nice farewell.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Oh royal artist!

Does that look at all like the gorgeous Gwangjong to you???

Where's the razor-sharp jawline? The oh-so-sexy cheekbones? The mesmerizing eyes? The sensuous lips?

Seriously, I've seen fan-arts 1000x better than this.

Gwangjong, get rid of him!!!

Sexy-Gwangjong is my only saving grace in this drama, and this guy dares deface that!

HAHHAHAHH! This cracked me up lol2-onion-head-emoticon.gifI second emotion my dear. GET RID! GET RID. Ohseo~ I tried, to say immediately or in an instance during Goryeo era :phew:

• Like 11

I love ep 19. I also love the foretelling order from WS about not ever seeing her face. HS fear of WS is justify because we've all seen the look he gets as he orders the death of everyone HS has ever cared for. If you sit and think about it WS has killed EVERYONE that HS has ever cared for. Her fear and hate is truly justified in that she wanted to leave the palace. Would any of us want to stick around as your lover goes on a killing  spree of everyone you loved? I love the set up for the final....WS will be a man most miserable in the end because fate was against him in love since episode 1.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, babypillow said:

If anything out of this series, it made me realised what a fantastic actor LJG is ..... omgoodness !!

His facial expressions, the tears, his slight muscle movements - total silence but speaks volumes with so much emotions. 

What a brilliant actor!! 

i think this is the best he has ever perform...and in a way yes let me superficial here...the best he ever looked...:wub::wub: it is true that some people look better with age...

• Like 10

I CAN'T SLEEP!

I'm so sorry I need to rant ABOUT EPISODE 19 and get this out of my system before I sleep.

I thought that the writer can't get HS character more worse..... but she just proves me wrong in this episode. Though I do see a lot of time skip but I can totally see WS driven core (to protect what he has and to change the world for a better place so nobody will ever be as miserable as him) and that is why I understand most of his actions. HS though.... what is her core?? Survival? Love? Changing GJ? It seems like she keeps on changing it's so confusing. It's not only the fault of a rushed editing, but also the fault of how the writer seemed to want to portray her character as good natured but just makes her seem more like a hypocrite somehow. Sorry people, not only my feelings died on her (HS) but it also seems to get transported to a black hole I can't seem to find it anywhere. Everytime HS hurts WS my brain cells died, my head hurts, and I feel like hitting my own screen. Her good natured character is driving me nuts. She is actually seems like a super selfish person in this episode trying to save and understand everybody reasons but WS. WS is drawn to her because she is very understanding and she cares for him despite his ruthless nature. But she jinx it in this episode. No wonder WS gets so frustrated with her.

HS : I'm here. I will never change. I understand you. I trust you completely. I will never leave you. I love you.

Congratulations HS, you jinx everything you said there. You just become the heroine with the most contradiction between her words and actions in KDrama Land History ever. She said she will never change but she changed, all right. She said she understands him but she question GJ every decisions. She said she trusted him but she denied his explanation, thinks he is wrong somehow, and hates him or blames him for everything. Thinking that everything he did is just because he is changing and becoming more ruthless, without putting his condition and also his feelings into consideration (Did she even knows that he basically gets stabbed from everywhere? Did she even TRY to understand him? Seeing from his POV as king?). She said she won't leave him but she is the one who asked him to let her go and leave him first. BRAVO. You jinx everything when you leave him, honey. I understand though, you're too fragile just like a flower, and he is too hard just like a fortress. But you choose to leave when everything goes haywire? BIG NO NO. Where is your commitment, lady? That's just a coward coward way out. YOU JUST HURT YOURSELF AND HIM MORE. Where is the understanding, trusting, and not leaving part? I'm so angry with her I need to take a deep breath. I expect myself to be crying when watching HS leaves WS but, the only reaction I feel are upset, mad, angry, frustrated, SIGH.

Image result for angry gif

The only time I cried is when WS cried. Kudos to LJG for bringing the tears in me.

Now we just have this lone wolf in the palace.. and everybody keeps on leaving him.. Sigh what's wrong with wolfs? Are they doomed to be lonely for the rest of their lives? :tears::tears: Are there even any wolf movie where the wolfie boy won't get saad. huhuhu

Image result

tumblr_ofx1l8c2aP1tdfsf6o1_540.gif

Dang, I know that he is only a fiction character but I really wanted to fly to goryeo to comfort him. ASAP.

Sorry for ranting. Now I just hope everything will gets better tomorrow. SIGH

• Like 22

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

After back-reading a few pages, it seems like I'm the only one satisfied with how ep.19 goes? LOL.....

I can actually sleep well tonight. Goodnight all! Am saving some energy and stamina to burn the midnight oil tomorrow.

The more ranting, the more you know that people love the episode. Some of them are just in denial. lol... I rant but I love every episode of this drama.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

You know what, I think (I hope) he confessed about YH's involvement in the poisoning incident too. WS is keeping this ace card to himself first before later using it against YH. Wook probably pleaded with WS to let HS go because he sees that she is hurting too much being in the palace? That if WS truly loves HS, he should let her go... So the whole WS being very angry at HS for ever loving Wook was just an act to finally (indirectly) give his approval for HS to leave? I mean, why would WS later told JM calmly and resignedly that he didn't abandon HS. It was HS who abandon him, when he clearly said to HS the previous night that he never wants to see her again. Am I even making sense? It's late. I should head to bed....

I dout that..

YH remains his queen till the very end.. and there is no reason for wook to tell WS abt all of that..

I think YH wanted WW to tell WS abt HS in a manner that he lets go of HS ( which is why WW tells HS that he did not confess out of goof will)..

And WW does love and respect HS... so he would never discuss any of these special memories in front of anyone or give anyone a chance to demean HS. But he has to tell WS because WS needs to be hurt..

Its sad.. for all of them...

I am just waiting to see how 9th is punished.. because that alone is left to happen..

• Like 8

I just hope they better have a satisfying last episode tmw, it better answer all my doubts about their love for each other as well as what did ha jin go back in time for.  Honestly, every time I get frustrated and depressed after watching an episode, I don't feel like watching anymore but I get dragged to my computer screen as soon as the livestream starts lol I keep wanting to know what happens next despite the flaws in the writing. This is the drama's biggest charm, my curiosity for it never dies and I have grown too attached to the characters.

• Like 9

I don't think LGK has a fluffy romance in his résumé right ? The only thing I know about is my girl but he was a second lead in that one which means he's the hated other guy who doesn't get the girl. I need some fluffy romance from my leads to forget this tragedy !! Somebody help me !!

• Like 11

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

Just forget about ep19 people.

Dun fall into the writer's trap.

Am keeping my faith for tomorrow.

Remember to download vlive app to watch joongi's event from 9.10pm just onwards.:)

Whoa how did you know there will be a V-app broadcast? I've been following Lee Joon Gi but there wasn't any announcements about it. :/

1 minute ago, yuhotarubi said:

I dn't think LGK has a fluffy romance in his résumé right ? The only thing I know about is my girl but he was a second lead in that one which means he's the hated other guy who doesn't get the girl. I need some fluffy romance from my leads to forget this tragedy !! Somebody help me !!

For some reason he avoids romcom...but I agree I hope he takes up an offer like that in the future.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, fathiayunia said:
Spoiler

I CAN'T SLEEP!

I'm so sorry I need to rant ABOUT EPISODE 19 and get this out of my system before I sleep.

I thought that the writer can't get HS character more worse..... but she just proves me wrong in this episode. Though I do see a lot of time skip but I can totally see WS driven core (to protect what he has and to change the world for a better place so nobody will ever be as miserable as him) and that is why I understand most of his actions. HS though.... what is her core?? Survival? Love? Changing GJ? It seems like she keeps on changing it's so confusing. It's not only the fault of a rushed editing, but also the fault of how the writer seemed to want to portray her character as good natured but just makes her seem more like a hypocrite somehow. Sorry people, not only my feelings died on her (HS) but it also seems to get transported to a black hole I can't seem to find it anywhere. Everytime HS hurts WS my brain cells died, my head hurts, and I feel like hitting my own screen. Her good natured character is driving me nuts. She is actually seems like a super selfish person in this episode trying to save and understand everybody reasons but WS. WS is drawn to her because she is very understanding and she cares for him despite his ruthless nature. But she jinx it in this episode. No wonder WS gets so frustrated with her.

HS : I'm here. I will never change. I understand you. I trust you completely. I will never leave you. I love you.

Congratulations HS, you jinx everything you said there. You just become the heroine with the most contradiction between her words and actions in KDrama Land History ever. She said she will never change but she changed, all right. She said she understands him but she question GJ every decisions. She said she trusted him but she denied his explanation, thinks he is wrong somehow, and hates him or blames him for everything. Thinking that everything he did is just because he is changing and becoming more ruthless, without putting his condition and also his feelings into consideration (Did she even knows that he basically gets stabbed from everywhere? Did she even TRY to understand him? Seeing from his POV as king?). She said she won't leave him but she is the one who asked him to let her go and leave him first. BRAVO. You jinx everything when you leave him, honey. I understand though, you're too fragile just like a flower, and he is too hard just like a fortress. But you choose to leave when everything goes haywire? BIG NO NO. Where is your commitment, lady? That's just a coward coward way out. YOU JUST HURT YOURSELF AND HIM MORE. Where is the understanding, trusting, and not leaving part? I'm so angry with her I need to take a deep breath. I expect myself to be crying when watching HS leaves WS but, the only reaction I feel are upset, mad, angry, frustrated, SIGH.

The only time I cried is when WS cried. Kudos to LJG for bringing the tears in me.

Now we just have this lone wolf in the palace.. and everybody keeps on leaving him.. Sigh what's wrong with wolfs? Are they doomed to be lonely for the rest of their lives? :tears::tears: Are there even any wolf movie where the wolfie boy won't get saad. huhuhu

Dang, I know that he is only a fiction character but I really wanted to fly to goryeo to comfort him. ASAP.

Sorry for ranting. Now I just hope everything will gets better tomorrow. SIGH

PREACH! boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifI'm so with you!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

For calling the character whitewashed, it is as good as you are not allowing any adaptations to have its own interpretation and originality.

The reason why this drama is well loved by many because it has developed its own flavour. It is not just a cut and paste to the original material which was the novel. This drama version is notches better than its counterpart.

That is the thing. The c-version was female-centric but the k-version was centered on Wang So. It has always been from the first episode.

Oh no, I don't think calling a character white washed restricts this because it mainly depends on how the writer adds their own interpretation and original flavor to an already existing character or story. The character of Wang So is quite complex and I love him as an individual character but he is the ONLY character who retained the writer's good interpretation and original flavor whereas the rest lost their way as the story progressed and I feel have become neglected. It's very obvious when you can see the viewer reaction - Everyone understands Wang So, but majority cannot understand any of the other characters. This is because the writer has given more thought to justifying Wang So's actions, be it good or bad, every action or inaction of this character has been explained to the point that every character he kills deserves it (Except those monks and patpat but even there he was given a reason). He started out as this gray character, the anti hero in a way and ended up this hero who is always right in what he does because the writer rarely focuses on his shortcomings now.

This is where I call it white washing because you can create character of your own interpretation who is flawed and can be ruthless without justification because that is human nature, it's alright to let your character be hated for their actions at times because it makes them real. I could imagine a Wang So who grows into his power and comes to think of himself as invincible (like the flash we saw in the rain ceremony), would we like such a character? No. Probably not. But it would give him an actual real flaw in character that cannot be justified and he would be on the same level as all the other characters in this story. Or if the writer doesn't want that then they should give the same benefit to the other characters too, give them proper justifications too. I mean there is no loss of reasoning for why HS leaves or BA leaves or whatever any other character does in this story.

Ah I agree, the main difference is also that. The c-version or novel was more female-centric whereas this show has been about the journey of Wang So, Hae Soo is secondary to this. But the thing is when I got into this show, the pd and the promotion was done in such a way that we were told we are going to witness the journey of BOTH the characters or atleast the PD had said it would be HS's journey to becoming a Goreyo woman or something so I expected better from the writer in this regard.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, briseis said:

THE (NON-)CONSUMMATION SCENE. Apart from the red curtains, there is absolutely no indication whether So and YH slept together or not, be it in the scene alone or in the aftermath. But the thing is THOSE RED CURTAINS WERE IN THAT ROOM SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING. Other than that, there was NO CANDLE BLOWN

At the moment they won't. But historically, they will in a later time. Strangely enough I wasn't bothered by this particular scene. I guess, it's due to knowing WS is all too consumed with court affairs, he doesn't even have that much time to be with Hae Soo. Instead, it was the scene where Woohee got upset upon seeing those people killed.  There was a child among the victims. I thought during those times only adults were punished...

My only consolation is that the drama ends tomorrow.  In total agreement with you. I'm upset because I love the story. I already know there will be no happy ending, but I am really hoping the last episode not be a disappointment. 

I really now want a director's cut of Moon Lovers. Too many scenes were not included. I absolutely need to see all those scenes. 

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, paldia said:

That's why I think it was a genious move from GJ (to make YH choose)! Now he knows he can't trust her! Someone who betrays her own blood for power can't be trusted!

Hahaha... brilliant move on his part, however it has become a brilliant reason for choosing YH over HS for the viewers too. :P

• Like 9

3 hours ago, dancingbee said:

Yeah... This drama is about to prove once again that K-historic dramas are famous for, well, the writers goofing off at the last 2 episodes !!!!!!

I can't help but agree ... but then i have a tiny k period drama universe to compare with...  Empress Ki and this show - which i watched seriously.... Err...its a 100% strike... :D.  Except EK had more goofs up... 50ep show had more chances of screwing up.

But this drama is really a case of squeezing too much 'drama' into 20 eps.  The character development were sacrificed for the more 'fan service' scenes and jump-feature the milestone story arcs from c-version. WS seemed to be rushed into becoming a  power crazed tyrant and I might be missing out some details from the show but some of the killings seemed to be not his doing but either Wook or the ministers trying to play politics.  I thought i saw 1 or 2 scenes where WS was trying to reason out his reasons for some actions to be implemented but with citizens welfare in mind.  But i didn't pay attention enough so i can't quite recall.  Someone had said WS was a grey character to start with. How true. But we all knew that and HS knew that too. 

One puzzling thing stood out for me. Why was WS so upset at HS having Wook as a fiancee? He already knew HS had a man whom she loved very much prior and she didn't keep it from him except who it is(but that's not intentionally so. i think she almost told him but was stopped by him somehow) .  I know the series showed it's because Wook , WS believed was the one behind killing the other princes. Somehow i'm not convinced that WS would be so outraged to that extent. 

• Like 6

My bet is they are gone meet in future times

I guessed from some time they will follow the original novel, but I was expecting to make it more solid and believable....I don't see this episode yet,but from the last episodep and some comments on the raw I have the feeling they really did massacred  their separation and HS character and made a less trustworthy and credible ending of their relation ... I was hoping to see a more intelligent set up for their separation, that could keep their  characters solid 

• Like 8