[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

47 minutes ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

What is with telling each other the truth. Just yell at GJ's face that he is not the king you want. Tell him he is a killer and cold-blooded person in your eyes. Tell him you are about to die and you can't stand being in this palace to witness him kill people and have children with YH. Threaten him with a hairpin or whatever you can. But how can you just simply leave a scar like his? Just tell GJ your true feeling - at least it will hurt him less.

So,girl, you actually have a few years of living quietly with Jung without any politics involved but you will miss GJ terribly. That is the hell you create for both. So I will not feel sorry for you.

LMAO, He'd probably think it was cute .

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, pwnkl said:

Then is she not seeing Wang So suffer? of all people she should know.. Wang So seek her comfort every time he's broken. She is that very person who hates to see everyone around her suffer.

Which is why she decide to leave the palace. at least So can become the true king without her as his weakness. she is aware that both of them are hurt by this, but she thinks of this as the best way for each of them. (she believes that the bad course of events are because of her, thx to Yeonhwa). her hands are tied, this girl. on the other hand, another day in the palace might give her a heart attack :sweatingbullets: the symptoms are getting worse in this ep so..

She is altruistic as she is idealistic. Supporting So means to turn a blind eye on his way of doing things that she can't accept. She is ready to compromise (to change her demeanor, reluctantly support So as the king) but not sacrificing her life principles for her man. I find this trait somehow interesting.

Wang So suffer the consequences of his own way to deal with things.I will not cut him some slack on this. like baek ah said, it is hard to stay beside him. If that's what it takes to build a strong Goryo, than So have to "stay away from everything he love so dearly".

• Like 9

that bath in palace is the first place that HS show up ( or to say die and our heroine take her body:) ) and WHY WHY everyone go there to take bath before go to die is tradition ??? go kiss the person you love and die .. RIP princess of SILLA

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, lazyme2day said:

Hi, Everyone!

For those who would like to watch Ep 19 with English Subtitles, you can re-watch it at @IUmushimushi's Periscope channel with the link below: 

https://www.periscope.tv/IUmushimushi/1OdJrNYYrnOJX?

However, please note that the quality is limited, but still viewable. Poor Wang So who had to say to Jimong that he wasn't the one to let her go, but it was she who let him go. It brought tears to my eyes! Please watch this episode.

thanks.. now i can concentrate for tomorrow's ep knowing the 19th ep.. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

I'm pissed with tonite's episode. Wow!! Wook become hero now? Won still alive? He shud be boil to death. Wook? Dont get me started. :angry:

Yeah, this is not a beautiful love story.

Where is the love? The lead man is totally in love with the lead lady. But she doesn't love him, at least not the same amount of love. Just go back to the future and make soap all you want. 

This is the story where the villain will win everything 

Stupid writer :angry:

• Like 12

I'm sorry but I'm really empathizing with Soo less and less. (No, this isn't about Lee Joon Gi being a perfectly sculpted human being haha) 

So tried everything to be with her. He was trying so hard to not let go of her 'til the end. It was very selfish, probably; but at the end of the day, it wasn't him who gave up. Soo was already doing everything to leave. She already resigned her heart in the first part of the episode. What was their romance for the whole goddamn series for? It really made me feel like she loves him less.

And I know she is in an unfortunate circumstance (ie heart problems), but couldn't she have phrased everything she said BETTER? It was like all her love left the window and her tears in front of So were tears of pity. UGH 

• Like 15

As viewers, we are forgetting one thing. We get to see the show from a 360degree angle. But all the other characters don't. Imagine from BA s point of view. The guy loved two ladies in his whole life, the first he couldn't be with her due to his family and the second thanks to politics and how WS played behind the scenes. Obviously he is not going to be reasonable.(would any of us be?) Next we got HS who is nearly killing herself with guilt and pain. First she sees CR being cruelly punished and the true culprit being scotfree and calling her crazy instead. Then she knows WW was framed and when she pleads for his life, WS is actually thinking of ways to punish WW even more cruelly. At this point all HS wants is to be away from this politics and scheming and live in peace so that she can love WS from far away.

WS wanted to save his people. What he should have realized was that he also had to pay a price for it. Throughout the show that was one theme that was emphasized upon. HS cut herself so that she wouldn't have to marry the king but for that she had to lose her noble status and was nearly turned into a slave. WW protected YW for her wrongdoings but he had to sacrifice HS. WY became the king by killing his his brothers but not only did that make him crazy but also he realized how ... his mother really was. Lady Oh sacrificed herself so that HS could live.

Now the only ones remaining are Won, YH and WS to pay their price. Yes YH has betrayed her family but I don't think that she actually is in pain for that. (I hope they show her suffering in a manner that suits her) Wons payment will come once the king frames in another incident and irony would be nobody would be there to save him(do you think HS might have stepped in?). WS is already suffering from BA and HS leaving him but what would hit the nail would be not HS s death but the fact that she really loved him and there was no one else in her heart and most probably him not being at her side to send her off...

• Like 9

Just finished ep.19.... what can I say.... Excellent!! Just excellent development! I bawled at the end but I feel so satisfied with how things are going. This writer is goooood! I'm actually confident we'll have a satisfactory ending, be it happy or sad. At least there is the assurance that the writing will not be affected by fan-service since this drama is a pre-produced. Can't wait for ep.20!!!

One thing though, if we're going to talk about who is to blame for the bloodshed and all, how can people blame Soo? She warned Wook not to get in the way of So, otherwise people will get hurt. And that's exactly what he did, got in So's way. Therefore, I pinned the blame on Wook, and Wook alone, for not heeding Soo's warning/advice. How I wish I can tell Soo this logic so she can stop blaming herself.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, moonlovertales said:

I have always considered Wang So to be gray, a very dark shade of gray but the writer continues to make the viewers feel pity for him so that everything he does is okay. What I felt is the writer tried to justify So while the director tried to justify Wook (which seems to be true since the pd seemed fond of KHN and apparently also told the writer to change the story a bit to put in more Wook). In this battle of heroes, they sadly dumped the heroine into the ditch and left her there. Its something that really bothers me about writers in general who favor one character over all others especially in a story like this where there was SO MUCH potential for HS to be his epic love in a more better way than this.

I agree about them paying their loyalty to WS. Just because the writer/pd is more sympathetic to WS doesn't make whatever BA or HS have done for him any less significant, IMO. They have all suffered in some way or the other, the only point is that WS is more strong and compatible for the palace environment than them, keeping them there would have led to them suffocating or being killed in some political nonsense. However, I found BA leaving WS to be VERY lazy and rushed writing

Agreed WS's incredible sympathetic characterization. It's almost like an Cullen/Gray kind of byronic romantic hero where we know ALL of their pain and problems, but somehow because we are excused other character's POV, all of our sympathies are with Wang So.

That reading of the writer who loves So vs. the director who loves Wook is SUPER interesting. I can really see it. I felt like more than any other Kdrama, we had a serious love triangle, like anyone could win any moment. 

I just wish both PD & Director would be more onboard with Hae Su as a important mover of plot in this show; because she clearly is, but her motivations are so twisted around and hidden SO MUCH that most viewers have little to no sympathy for her. It's also clearly in execution we don't get enough Hae Su perspective because viewers keep stating that Hae Su does not love Wang So enough. All of this could have been fixed with a few internal monologues, a few more beats where we understood her. But to play devil's advocate: Maybe Hae Su's feelings for Wang So were always colored by her visions, so no matter how much her hearted wanted to be completely his, her brain wouldn't let her. That would be a DIFFICULT but realistic love, which is of course, not at all EPIC as the kids say these days. 

Idk, the show is TOO subtle with Hae Su and not subtle enough with Wang So if that makes any sense. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Good one!!! Wang So never kissed Hae Soo in Damiwon so he lived a long life! Gah - I am so pissed with the mess in ep 19. Ep 20 - please be epic and heartbreaking to make up for Ep 19! 

I have no issues with Hae Soo leaving - I understand her reasons. But there should have been a bridge to show us her inner struggles - to show flashes of her love for WS and her struggle to stay sane in the palace. Hae Soo looked blank almost the whole time - is that an IU thing or a Hae Soo thing? IU was good for most parts until the last 2 episodes. Think the production was a mad rush in the end to meet the deadline. Kept seeing Wang So walked in and out of rooms...sitting and standing from his throne - that's about it. His life as a King is so boring! He is the bird in the gilded cage! 

I felt that there was more to the scene where Wook asked the queen to leave the room before his confession - no reason for him to do so unless he has something that he didn't want her to know. Whatever - Wook is dead to me.

Soo - please miss So to your heart's content now that you are free to do so. Wang So - so sorreyyyy - you've got to hang in there for another 26 years before you meet your maker. Really - you guys shouldn't have fallen in love and give us so much heartache!!! 

• Like 13

But you know guys what's making me insane right now? even with all the hate I said..

Is that I can't let go HS just like WS. Deep down I'm still rooting for her

wow1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I understand her fear, principle, struggle, sacrifices, anger and even her foolishness. I truly do, even why she need / must leave the palace.. but part of me just can't let her slip this time around.

I'm hopeless.

head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

• Like 12

Did WS actually understand HS? I mean what did he actually think by offering to make HS concubine n then make her a second queen when a kid comes in the picture? HS wanted to leave the palace but why was WS being obsessed with keeping her with him when she clearly said so? Imagine if she had a kid then... WS would have told her-ok you go but leave my child

If she had wanted power, none of this would have happened. She could have married the king in the first place. I understand WS was desperate but the HS he loved didn't want any of this in the first place.why did he alienate her even more?

• Like 11