[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Hi, Everyone!

For those who would like to watch Ep 19 with English Subtitles, you can re-watch it at @IUmushimushi's Periscope channel with the link below: 

https://www.periscope.tv/IUmushimushi/1OdJrNYYrnOJX?

However, please note that the quality is limited, but still viewable. Poor Wang So who had to say to Jimong that he wasn't the one to let her go, but it was she who let him go. It brought tears to my eyes! Please watch this episode.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, pass3rby said:

EXACTLY!!!

I felt like i forgave everything Wook had done when i saw him and HS. This is not good. Now he has become the one who saves HS from 'evil' WS. His sweet smile and reconciliation with HS looks genuine. I don't like it at all.

For me, this drama actually ended at Ep 17. WangSo gained the throne and became King, HaeSoo went to live in the palace. And They live happily ever after. HS's mission is accomplished.

At some points during Ep 19, i just want them so say "I love you" to each other. Or at least the break up is not this bad. This is too much. They pushed everyone to be 'against' WangSo, in many ways. And push WangSo to be on the other side, all alone.

MOnday night has been the most difficult night to sleep for the last 2 months. I would get troubled sleep or nightmare. And i ended up tired and fatigued and troubled on Tuesday Morning. Not to mention panda and swollen eyes for the last 3 Tuesdays. Really-really bad for our health. I have to take my son to school early in the morning. I gotta go to bed.

My heart goes with WAngSo through and through.

YKW? I am not even sad about the fact that HS left WS..the only thing that is bothering me is that she didn't even learn anything in Goryeo..the writer wonderfully explained HS's blind trust in everyone except WS from ep 1..

She is angry that he is becoming ruthless and leaving him seems like the only solution to save everything..but she is not even bothered about the fact that THE ONE WHO PUSHED WS INTO THAT CORNER IS THAT BLOODY WOOK!!

She let everyone around her take decision on her life except her....

My heart was broken into pieces when WS said "I didn't leave her, she left me"..OMG!! This ONE LINE brilliantly tells about their lovestory from the beginning, that it was always HIM who was giving everything, trying everything and STILL READY TO GIVE EVERYTHING FOR HER!!!

• Like 15

56 minutes ago, moonlovertales said:

Exactly, Wang so as a character is brilliant developed but compare it to the source material and you realize just how white washed he has become in this. I would have preferred if everything he did wasn't so justifiable because it would feel he has faults too or if the writer could also justify other characters along with him for their actions then it would make sense and you could feel the actual tragedy in everyone's lives and not just So's. But here it's like I find everyone except him to have flimsy reasoning and sense after all the dialogues they threw out about being there for him, etc. etc.

yeah, I think they tried to do that at the beginning with the Temple of Monk Doom, but Hae Su forgave him for the temple and General Park bought it up once so it no longer mattered. At least that's what the show is telling us. Mind you, I still think it's pretty gray of a character to kill like 100 people in the second episode. I do think that the show is much more sympathetic to Wang So than any other character in the show. THat's why so many watchers are crying bloody murder over people leaving WS - which I think as autonomous people, you gotta do what you gotta do. Hae Su and Baek Ah have more than paid their loyalty to WS. 

I feel kinda trollish writing this, but finally the Hae Su haters and Hae Su lovers are on the same page. It's damn time she left the palace. :P

• Like 8

My only comment is....you guys actually expect a happy ending....even based on a c drama still includes HS death and GJ moan and grown that he exterminates the other brothers because he will blame them. As pointed out....time and time again Fate has always been against GJ/HS. They were simply never meant to be.

• Like 9

RAW is out!!

The beginning where WS/HS are talking about CR - she's taking CR side and I don't think that was right.  She took that one moment of "sincerity" at the praying stones and let that override all the betrayal CR has done to her because of her love of Won.  CR chose Won over HS but HS chose CR over WS at that moment then told him she wanted to leave.  Way to punch him in the gut.

WS wants to marry HS still and make her a second queen and tries to make up with HS but HS lets go of his hand.  Not because of CR?  Yea okay I believe that :angry:

UM.. WS/YH scene.  I'm going to take this scene at face value and say they didn't consummate yet - she just confirmed to WS that she's willing to throw her family away but WS hasn't taken any action yet..don't reward her for something she wasn't done!  I just can't imagine him doing anything yet when he still loves HS so much.  Maybe after he feels HS let go of him first, it would make more sense.

HS shouldn't have asked WS to save WW.  WW got what he deserved and again she took someone else's side instead of WS.  Even after his explanations of the crimes WW committed, he still listened to her and decided to exile him instead of kill him and she's still looking at him in total fear (maybe because he's laughing about it).  WTF.  Cut the guy a break - he's trying to get rid of the guy that caused CR, Moo, Eun, Deok death!

Oh damn that talk between YH and HS.  YH tells HS that she's the cause of Wook becoming the person he is.  YH is in tears - I'm surprised and maybe a little empathetic towards her?  (maybe she feels she had to abandon her family because of HS, if not her, her brother could have been king and she would never had to do what she's done?)

I'm kind of proud of Jung.  He stood up to WS about the decree, risked his life to go into the palace, and even interrupted him all for HS.  I'm not on HS side because she's been so wish wash and never fully supportive of the man she supposedly loves but here's this KID who clearly knows she doesn't love him but he's willing to do whatever to get her out because she wants it.  If only WS could turn back time and HS realized she cared about him when he first offered to take her out of the palace. She didn't want to marry a guy she didn't love to leave then but she will now!  BLAH.  

POOR WS AGAIN.  When WS approaches HS about the marriage decree at first angry but then says "I know you don't want it" with a smile to try to pass it off and she freaking ruins it by saying she wants it and the sweet smile drops off his face.  And then she says she HATES him sometimes.  Kick the man while he's down!  Makes it worse that he tells YH he will never give her up when she comes storming him about how she gave up her brother and mom.  

After WW confession to WS about HS and he approaches HS about it.  Flashback to the glory days (with his beautiful pony tail).  Poor WS is crying asking her to say it's a lie, that it's all a misunderstanding.  :tears::tears: HS face like :o.  Hello - do you remember you just told him you hate him?

The rest is BLAH (already watched it live and commented on it earlier).

The recurring theme this episode is that HS keeps taking everyone else's side besides WS and WS has been abandoned by everyone he loves.  I don't find WS reaction to it all that strange given the circumstances.  He knew she loved someone else before him, but out of all people, his worst enemy and that she begged for his life to be spared earlier so far as to kneel when it could make her knees worse.  

I want them to have a happy ending in the present/future but I also want WS to have a happy ending in Goryeo.  Hell even if that's with YH.  Somebody just love & support the poor man!

• Like 15

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for a while now and made an account because I have no one to talk to about this drama. To be honest I really expected SH to be a feel good drama about a girl who has many guys in love with her. When I started watching SH I had no preconceived notions about its plot and only knew that it tackles time travel and has lots of handsome guys.

My thoughts on ep 19:

• I wasn't emotionally invested enough in WoHee's character to feel sad about her death. On the other hand, I feel really sad for Baek Ah for losing another important person in his life. 

• Hae Soo leaving was one of the best things that happened in this episode (I've long wanted for her to leave the Palace) 

• I hated, but at the same time pitied, Wang So in this episode. As many of you have already pointed out everyone he cares about left him. I guess no one can really have it all in this drama. I hated what he had to do as king but at the same time I get why he has to them. I also get why Hae Soo and Baek Ah wants to leave him. The personalities of both HS and BA do not suit life inside the palace. 

>>I actually still have a lot that I want to say but my thoughts are all over the place right now. I'm still hoping for a happy ending but I'm not too optimistic about it anymore. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Rose34 said:

Omg why do I feel Wang So will go cray next episode? Why do I feel that Wook Won and Yeonhwa are behind all these, behind drifting Hae Soo and Wang So apart? When Wang So find out about these he will go soooo mad. 

I'm not sure if we will ever see Won or YH get punished. This show seems to go quite mild on the villains while giving the good characters the most viciously tragic end.

I love this show. I know I complained quite a bit today but I'll never regret watching it because it introduced me to all these amazing actors and beautiful characters. But one thing I'll always regret is - "What it could have been". Nevertheless, MLSHR will hold a special place in my heart despite it's glaringly obvious faults and I'll surely marathon it once it's over, I'll be more mentally stable then to handle all the illogical reasoning of my favorite characters. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

Every time I clicked on the last page, another 4 new last pages appeared.. Wow so many rants.

The snake siblings action really confuse me. Why WW will suddenly tell WS about their past romance? It's not going to help him in his plea for life. YH at one moment seemed ready to throw her brother away but later confronted HS in such an angry way and blaming her for WW's going against WS. Is she really concerned about her brother? Or simply using the chance to throw HS out of the palace.

The only thing I like is WS saying "I did not let her go, she let go of me" which means he never wants to end it with HS, just letting her go because that was what she wants. I had hoped that HS decided to leave the palace only after the death of Wo Hee, not at the beginning of the episode with only one CR's case. 

• Like 16

36 minutes ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

What is with telling each other the truth. Just yell at GJ's face that he is not the king you want. Tell him he is a killer and cold-blooded person in your eyes. Tell him you are about to die and you can't stand being in this palace to witness him kill people and have children with YH. Threaten him with a hairpin or whatever you can. But how can you just simply leave a scar like his? Just tell GJ your true feeling - at least it will hurt him less.

UNF I would love this!! 

*Mic DROP

Hae Su OUT. 

• Like 5

@thatmaximoffgirl welcome to the madhouse .... better late than never <3

We so need new blood .... most of the other inmates are drained

3 minutes ago, yuhotarubi said:

Guys you're scaring me :tears: what happened ? I knew my resolve to not watch today's episode was weak and so I jumped right into this thread to see your response to it, what happened ?? Please tell me I'm not gonna hate everyone after this. 

Don't ask ... death, tears, misunderstandings, treason, richard simmons and still the same "wrong" people to not get punished ... 

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, soph_t said:

.................... Well, at least HS's wish to leave the palace has finally come true, after years of wanting to leave she's now finally left the palace and once again HS (and of course with the help of Jung and even Yo) saved herself just like how she cut her wrist to save herself from marrying the king...................  

she finally left the palace, above all due to WS's love for her.If he really was cruel/ruthless and revengeful he would imprisoned her somewhere- nobody could  stopped him to do so.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

All the character development just went out the door. What a waste of time. I rather watch King Tajo and the evil mom than this. They were clear minded people than the ones I see now .

Wang So is over for me once he betrayed HS and gave himself to YH. He f****** slept with her due to knowing that HS used to have feelings for Wook and almost accepted his proposal. That was years ago dude, she loves you now and accepted you. But no you had to think as most men do when they hear that their lover accepted someone before them, and had to take revenge by sleeping with another. Not having watched the episode I might and could've missed key elements on why Wang So does what he does, but seeing this picture is why I'm so mad. So if you think HS deserves this than that's your opinion, I respect that. But like I said, this picture got me so MAD, which is why I'm ranting here. They always say jealousy and anger is never a good mix. I don't even want to watch the final anymore, they killed my favorite people. I'm glad Baek-A left the palace and so did Hae Soo. Go away and live in peace for your final days. I am happy that Hae Soo leaves this era, she never belonged here. This world is too savage for her.  God knows I need my peace. I think I need to watch Running Man or read fanfics to get my mood up. Gwangjong has killed me.

Actually that 'bed' scene was before he found out about HS/WW relationship.  And YH gets up from the bed after to respond to WS who asked if she's going to betray her family.  He never touched her - the camera pans away with the sheer red curtain behind them facing each other and then cuts to the scene with the dead bird.  It might have insinuated they did something but I didn't take it as that.  Why would he impregnate her (cause that's her goal) before she's actually betrayed WW?  Strategically, he should wait until she proves herself before doing that, otherwise it's like free candy.  The betrayal scene where her mother asks her to save WW occurs after the 'bed' scene so I'm just trying to be reasonable and find excuses LOL.

• Like 13

My biggest issue about this drama was that I never felt like HS and Wang So's love story was epic enough. I love Hae Soo and she's my favorite character in the drama (I even became an IU fan while watching SH) but I've always felt like WS loved her more than she loved him. I hate that the narrative of HS-WW loveline was longer and more fleshed out than HS-WS. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, zi4r said:

You know the ranking of my sympathy/love for the characters this episode?

#1 WS/GJ

#2 JM (cuz he didn't do anything much at all)

#3 YH (yes, she ranks this high...... because I can stand "evil" more than I can stand "stupid")

#4 Won (he was kinda useful, after all)

Everyone else can flush themselves down the toilet. YOU'RE ALL DEAD TO ME!!! kill-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377

P.S. Please, everyone....... Try not to take anything I say tonight too seriously.

I totally agree with you.

Except my sympathy is for WS,

no 2 to 4 and the rest of Goryeo can drown themselves in Damiwon's bath.

I would go as far as saying, Please somebody transport WS to 21st century, just leave HS and the other mess wrecked themselves in the past. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

yeah, I think they tried to do that at the beginning with the Temple of Monk Doom, but Hae Su forgave him for the temple and General Park bought it up once so it no longer mattered. At least that's what the show is telling us. Mind you, I still think it's pretty gray of a character to kill like 100 people in the second episode. I do think that the show is much more sympathetic to Wang So than any other character in the show. THat's why so many watchers are crying bloody murder over people leaving WS - which I think as autonomous people, you gotta do what you gotta do. Hae Su and Baek Ah have more than paid their loyalty to WS. 

I feel kinda trollish writing this, but finally the Hae Su haters and Hae Su lovers are on the same page. It's damn time she left the palace. :P

I have always considered Wang So to be gray, a very dark shade of gray but the writer continues to make the viewers feel pity for him so that everything he does is okay. What I felt is the writer tried to justify So while the director tried to justify Wook (which seems to be true since the pd seemed fond of KHN and apparently also told the writer to change the story a bit to put in more Wook). In this battle of heroes, they sadly dumped the heroine into the ditch and left her there. Its something that really bothers me about writers in general who favor one character over all others especially in a story like this where there was SO MUCH potential for HS to be his epic love in a more better way than this.

I agree about them paying their loyalty to WS. Just because the writer/pd is more sympathetic to WS doesn't make whatever BA or HS have done for him any less significant, IMO. They have all suffered in some way or the other, the only point is that WS is more strong and compatible for the palace environment than them, keeping them there would have led to them suffocating or being killed in some political nonsense. However, I found BA leaving WS to be VERY lazy and rushed writing

Hahahaha.... True. Sadly there are more haters than lovers now but I just keep thinking the entire episode that she needs to just pick up her skirt and run the hell out of here.

• Like 9