[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Hello guys, can someone explain to me why Woo Hee commit suicide and what happen to her people and all? I know Wook and Won are involved in this. It is so confusing. There is no backstory and the editing is rushed. I am so frustrated that I watch the international version again but having headache right now. The Chinese version translations is different than the One Tv translation. omg. Should have stick only to the SBS version. 

• Like 6

I do quite surprised (and rather couldn't understand) about this episode, especially WS-HS separation scene. I'm just tearing up when WH died & BA was beside her. But fortunately I do find a little ray of hope from @phenyl previous posts and our (me, @q4q4 & @riuenu) discussions on JoonU shipper thread. From my solely opinion, it was true that someone who HS loved wasn't GJ but WS (like BBJX, when RX's letter said she was loved 4th prince rather than the king, correct me if i wrong).

Because WS changed when he was become GJ. She decided to leave the palace so she can keep WS's (not GJ) memories within her & cherish him from the distance. Because if they did together they would just hate each other more for conflicting arguments, and so on. And maybe, HS was also afraid that she would makes WS becomes the real bloody king if she was keeping beside him (Since YH said she was the one who caused this brother killings). So she couldn't stay with him.

And about WS's crying scene at the end of episode, I think he was crying was NOT because he felt betrayed. I think he was crying just because he LOST someone he loved. He felt that "empty-shell" feeling, and maybe he felt guilty because he couldn't afford her with a happiness (like the scene he was holding her married robe). He knows for sure, that it was not because she loved Wook or Jung that she left him. It was because this destiny things (a.k.a condition about this complicated political palace things, etc) that they couldn't be together. They couldn't love each other again, they arguments a lot, they hurt each other for the reason to protect what they (self) loved. Like WS said that he wanted to protect BA with sacrifice WH, because he valued BA more than WH. But in the end, the most important person for BA was WH. In this complicated situation, they couldn't think about my beloved one's precious things, other than my precious things.

From @riuenu statement, I realized something. That is love expressions of anybody could different:

In WS ways, love is not letting go someone you loved.

But in HS ways, love is about your willingness to letting go your love although you still loved him.

Either ways, was true to be called love. Because love is about egoism & sacrifice.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:

Thanks for that BA-GJ scene.. now at least im relieved he didn't really left the palace (as im wondering minutes ago why he was with HS for the last time, he might have asked for some break) it so heartbreaking to see BA wanting to blame So, but at the same time when he learned the truth could only bow to him.. even So was stopping him..
We didnt see So touching BA face, maybe its in international version

yes.. no preview.. they do not want to give away the ending.. esp LJG planned on an event live.

I guess he only meant he wanted to leave the political circle, but I find his lines really hurtful , as it's almost similar to what HS told So. I don't remember clearly but something like he (BA) is afraid to be by his ( So ) side. :(

There's a scene of So touching BA face? :blink: 

I watched the international one, couldn't find it.

No preview.....I guess ignorance is a bliss, in this case :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Re watched back with subbed and how could BA blame WS for WH's death. He is the one to volunteer for the task despite WS's objection. Now he's blaming him? :angry:

I had always thought he's the most logical person amongst the crazy brothers.

Ah, from my POV i think he blames so for not telling him the truth abouth Wo Hee's plan. He volunteer with his own free will. especially when So state that he doesnt give any qualms since Baek ah is more important to him than Wo Hee. So did not let him in this info and caused his beloved person died so.... like Soo, Baek ah also cannot accept his way of doing things :sweatingbullets: basically just a intertwined mess of events, really

• Like 7

Episode 19: Evil dragon Gwangjong has taken Princess Soo captive! All the Goryeo princes unite and take turns dealing their best attacks on the evil boss dragon! The last critical strike was delivered by Princess Soo herself! Everybody celebrates the escape of the princess! 

...my only consolation is that this journey ends tomorrow. I curse whoever edited the highlight preview that got me sucked into this ridiculous hodgepodge.

• Like 21

10 minutes ago, blue003 said:

Did WS actually understand HS? I mean what did he actually think by offering to make HS concubine n then make her a second queen when a kid comes in the picture? HS wanted to leave the palace but why was WS being obsessed with keeping her with him when she clearly said so? Imagine if she had a kid then... WS would have told her-ok you go but leave my child

If she had wanted power, none of this would have happened. She could have married the king in the first place. I understand WS was desperate but the HS he loved didn't want any of this in the first place.why did he alienate her even more?

He told her to become his second wife because he didn't want her to be disrespected of to be called a mistress. It's not to give her power, he didn't want her feelings to be hurt in that manner. 

• Like 11

So I guess I'm gonna hate this episode, and not the i love you so much kinda hate but the I hate you I hate you kinda hate ? WHY drama ? WHY ? We were doing soo good, I should've known and not threw myself into this pit hole of disappointment. HS has some serious explaining to do, and WS as well. ( this is all based on your reactions, and I'm gonna break the promise I made to myself and watch tonight's episode, yeah I'm that weak.)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

The thing Moon Lover is not c-drama. It's very well established that Hae So and Wang So are not meant for each other. They only have the love for each other but not fated to be together.

In EP 3 there was a clear hint that YH has affection for Wang So and vice versa. Did you remember when Wang So said that he was curious what kind of woman YH have become? Wang So may not have the same affection he has for Hae So but YH is the best partner him. YH can give up anything for GJ and the throne. 

I still don't get it, why on earth a snake YH can give up everything to WS but our noble HS can't do that even tho he is the love of her life?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, briseis said:

I need first psychological aid! How am I even supposed to analyze this TRAINWRECK of an episode?!! This drama makes me want to murder people - which is basically the writer and basically every single character except for WS and BA. I think the writer made a bet how much makjang drama and illogical tragedy she could squeeze in in 60 minutes and she has just broke the world record. To achieve it she got high on crack while writing the final episodes. She has destroyed 18 hours of character and relationship development and storytelling, ruining the OTP in the process.

Actually, So’s character remains consistent for the most part of the episode, however, there are TWO GLARING MISTAKES, AND INCONSISTENCIES which makes the whole episode utterly incoherent.

The first one is the THE (NON-)CONSUMMATION SCENE. Apart from the red curtains, there is absolutely no indication whether So and YH slept together or not, be it in the scene alone or in the aftermath. But the thing is THOSE RED CURTAINS WERE IN THAT ROOM SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING. Other than that, there was NO CANDLE BLOWN, THEY DIDN’T EVEN TOUCH, THEY DIDN’T SHOW THEM LYING IN THE BED IN THE AFTERMATH…. just NOTHING. It’s impossible to analyze something when you have absolutely no context whatsoever. And let’s say they did consummate their marriage (I mean YH DID betray her brother) - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REACTION FROM WS AFTERWARDS! WS has had always strong reactions because he feels so much and cares so much, even after he killed those monks he suffered from guilt, after he learned about BA leaving his side,…BUT NOW THERE IS NOTHING. Remember how guilty and unhappy he was WHEN HE MARRIED MOO’S DAUGHTER?! THIS IS A MAN WHO FELT GUILTY AND WAS READY TO LET HS GO BECAUSE HE WAS FORCED TO MARRY A CHILD! And he only sent her to nunnery and now WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT AFTER “CHEATING” ON HS HE WOULDN’t SUFFER FROM ANY GUILT?! That he wouldn’t let her go?! After everything we’ve seen in those 18 previous episodes, how are the viewers supposed to believe he would actualy do this to HS when he promised to be only hers, when he promised her she is his only queen?! That’s the reason why I absolutely do not accept that there was any kind of consumation between them. HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPLAIN 4+ years WITHOUT A CHILD (it’s 951 now, and their son was born in November 955). The writer had it all set up so why not to exploit this strange occurance. Because if they did consummate the marriage combined with WS’s lack of any reaction - THIS SCENE HAS JUST SINGLEHANDEDLY DESTROYED WS’S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

My only consolation is that the drama ends tomorrow and I won’t need to deal with any more of this madness.

Halfway through the drama, I strongly believe that the writer was on crack, LOL. I was going to mention something similar like they were all drinking soju while writing this, drunk and not thinking straight, but being on crack sums it up. Just that portion destroyed Wang So for me. I think this is the only drama that I won't re-watch and wind up crazy. I can't believe we all went through this for a month. I rather watch Empress Ki and that's 50 episodes, there is complete madness but at least not this rushed and crazy.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JumeeTya said:

i feel a little bir disappointed with tonight episode... maybe its just me but it felt like turning point for me... i felt numb watching tonight apisode compare with last week episodes

and there's just too much unanswered questions to be answered in episode 20 only... i think there will be another time lapsed #sigh!

i just dont mind if tomorrow episode will give me sad ending & happy ending... Sad ending for the goryeo era and happy ending for modern era... but lets just wait and see...

the only part that i like from tonight episode is just when wangso said "i will never let her go, but she's the one that letting me go"... :bawling:

Same for me. I don't know if it is like I prepared my heart too much but I had almost no feelings for the episode. I don't like it but is not that I am sad or angered...is like only disappointment. Disappointment for the writing because is really bad. I can't take seriously many of the situations and the dialogues of many felt stupid. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Every time I clicked on the last page, another 4 new last pages appeared.. Wow so many rants.

The snake siblings action really confuse me. Why WW will suddenly tell WS about their past romance? It's not going to help him in his plea for life. YH at one moment seemed ready to throw her brother away but later confronted HS in such an angry way and blaming her for WW's going against WS. Is she really concerned about her brother? Or simply using the chance to throw HS out of the palace.

The only thing I like is WS saying "I did not let her go, she let go of me" which means he never wants to end it with HS, just letting her go because that was what she wants. I had hoped that HS decided to leave the palace only after the death of Wo Hee, not at the beginning of the episode with only one CR's case. 

The reason why WW told WS about the past romance cause Jung brought in the decree written by King Yo and if WS does not honor what was written on it, means he's going against it and they will question if he's really King Yo heir and choice as king. and did King Yo really declare him as the next king. YH freaked out when WS said he would not give up on HS even if it means dethroning him. So in order for WS to give up on HS, YH thought maybe if he knew about WW-HS then it will severe their ties and he would let her go so her future heir will still be crown prince. She didn't care about her brother, if revealing his relationship with HS that would mean pissing off WS even more and he could die at that spot so his life was at risk when he enter to tell WS about his relationship with HS.

So overall his intention was more to wound WS pride that "hey she chose me first and loved me before you so in your face sucker. Oh btw we had many secret meetings and i gave her a bracelet compare to a hairpin that might be recycle from the one you wanted to give to your mom. Also I told her lets get engage and she said yes while you proposed so many times and got shot down so many times so ha! I win!"

I feel like that Queen Hwangbo might be the one that tells WS about YH evil deed on the poisoning incident so the king will distrust her from now on but I really hope the writers give those two snake Won and YH the karma they deserve or else I will just wish I hanged myself the same time when Lady Oh got hanged 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

I still don't get it, why on earth a snake YH can give up everything to WS but our noble HS can't do that even tho he is the love of her life?

Hae So is a noble? She was Go Hae Jin. She does not even belong to the era much less to a King. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moonlover399993 said:

Not having watched the episode I might and could've missed key elements on why Wang So does what he does, but seeing this picture is why I'm so mad. So if you think HS deserves this than that's your opinion, I respect that. But like I said, this picture got me so MAD

Chill. WS simply asked if she made up her mind. I believe they did not sleep together yet. But they will in the future. Right now court affairs take too much of his time, let alone sleep with his queen. Knowing WS personality, it would take years for him to do that. He could not bring himself to touch her even after marrying her. It's HS he wants.

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

Agreed WS's incredible sympathetic characterization. It's almost like an Cullen/Gray kind of byronic romantic hero where we know ALL of their pain and problems, but somehow because we are excused other character's POV, all of our sympathies are with Wang So.

That reading of the writer who loves So vs. the director who loves Wook is SUPER interesting. I can really see it. I felt like more than any other Kdrama, we had a serious love triangle, like anyone could win any moment. 

I just wish both PD & Director would be more onboard with Hae Su as a important mover of plot in this show; because she clearly is, but her motivations are so twisted around and hidden SO MUCH that most viewers have little to no sympathy for her. It's also clearly in execution we don't get enough Hae Su perspective because viewers keep stating that Hae Su does not love Wang So enough. All of this could have been fixed with a few internal monologues, a few more beats where we understood her. But to play devil's advocate: Maybe Hae Su's feelings for Wang So were always colored by her visions, so no matter how much her hearted wanted to be completely his, her brain wouldn't let her. That would be a DIFFICULT but realistic love, which is of course, not at all EPIC as the kids say these days. 

Idk, the show is TOO subtle with Hae Su and not subtle enough with Wang So if that makes any sense. 

Had WS been an original character and not based off on the novel, I would have called him a byronic romantic hero but considering he is based off as a different version of the novel character, I call him white-washed. Had it been anyone other than LJG playing this role, It would have fell flat, he makes you feel for the character. Because of this show, I went ahead and read the novel + watched a bit of the c-version, the 4th person is not as interesting as Wang So but I still liked him because he felt real, he felt like a person with faults and shortcomings so it made a lot more sense when they broke off at the end because it was no one's fault really. But here, the writer makes it out to be like everyone is out to see who can hurt Wang So more? I might be invested enough to analyze each character but does the writer really think every viewer will be that invested?

I know, I was quite confused during the first half because Wook seemed to have just as much as equal footing in this love triangle as So though I knew in the end it would be SoSoo but still, lack of insight into HS's mindset did always make me feel uneasy.

In the original story, I found RX to be the most interesting and complex character. Even here I see ALOT of potential for Hae Su to be the same, she had all the ingredients to be an unforgettable heroine even without the politically witty brains of RX. I realized how much of a difference a single dialogue can make due to this show, the scene in the international version where they cut out HS's internal monologue (the leave me alone scene, the scene where WS gets married to the lil kid and HS copies the poem) V/S the scenes where they included it in the SBS version. It made a whole WORLD of difference in understanding her, people who could see her inner thoughts were able to feel sorry for her too compared to people who didn't see it and felt she was the worst witch of Goreyo for hurting WS.

At the end, it depends mainly on the writer or pd on how they treat the character they gave life to.

Bolded part: Believe me, you make COMPLETE sense. I think you summed up the treatment of these two characters perfectly with this one line.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, moonlover399993 said:

So.... did he sleep with her? I still can't get a clear answer, I don't want to watch it though. I know about their deal, but did "it" happen in SBS version or international or not at all?

I watched both version. There's no 'action' at all, they cut it with So clenching his teeth and stood close to YH. 

I'm dying to deny this, but after re-watching the epi, couldn't help feeling they actually did it, but the director/writer purposely left it vague for our imagination. then, we'll all go nuts and die of curiousity  *scratching my head 'til it bleeds" :mellow:

Spoiler

I'll burn SBS headquarters if they announce YH is pregnant in ep 20

• Like 9