[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, Isache said:

Allo, I've been a silent lurker too in this forum for a while and just want to thank everyone for the updates of the drama. I'm a fan of both moonlight and moon lovers, but I'm currently tipping over to the latter as the story line is getting more intriguing and intense. 

While eagerly anticipating for the coming episode, I decided to re-watch ep 1 & 2 and share my newfound thoughts on when the So-Soo's fatal attraction started. And boy, I think that it started right from their first meet. When Soo was slipping backwards, So could have just steadied her with his hand and leave her standing as it is. It was totally unnecessary to sweep her up and sat her on his horse. We see that So actually paused and looked at Soo (probably thinking to himself what a cute-looking babe) before deciding to literally sweep her off her feet. And what followed next was that these two just gawked openly at each other's good looks without blinking an eye for a good few seconds. Of cos, as usual, to conceal his feelings (which we know it's his way of self-preservation), So looked away as though he was annoyed by her (like real) but Soo on the other hand, was obviously still mesmerized by this mysterious & striking knight in shining armour as she continued to steal glances at him till she was dropped off like a baggage. So I conclude there was already some mutual physical attraction even right from the start. 

And here, you really have to salute to JoonKi for his flawless acting. From the I-can't-be-bothered-with-you expression, to the mildly startled expression when she tried to stop him from galloping away, to the bemused expression of getting a public chiding for his ungentlemanly way, and that haughty expression after recovering from it and finally, that gleeful triumphant look after sending Soo to another fall. JoonKi's acting is simply Daebak!

Thumbs up, chingu! For me it was obvious that Wang So attraction to Soo started with that horse riding! I've rewatched this scene almost thousand times:lol: I really love the way Wang So was looking at Soo - mix of  attraction and passion:wub:

• Like 22

23 minutes ago, violet90 said:

if my guess is right the blood letter that she got is from chaeryung and she already with WS when he became a king if its follow the novel..

Hide contents

in BBJX i think chaeryung will be Yu Tan.. she someone that close to Ruoxi also she is a spy for 9th prince....she being punish by 4th using a steam (well he is cruel but what he did is to warn other to not betray him)... Ruoxi hate 4th with her heart when he did this.. i mean he can just killed her but using a steam just make thing worse... also if what i think its right by now ( if the writer want to make this drama more melo and miserable) at this time HS should be pregnant and her relationship with WS is worse.. the only person that she can talk with is BaekAh...

remembering how miserable both Ruoxi and 4th at that point is just.............

Red letters also can mean kings writing

• Like 11

Watching episode 9, Ji Mong really intrigued me. He's hinting he came from the future abt the same way as Hajin but said it vaguely that it happen when he was around 4/5 years old, which I really doubt. Its either future Jimong enter into a child body or he lied abt the time. One thing for sure Jimong from the future isn't  a child because there's no way a child would know abt Gwangjong nor the history of Goryeo & he sure knows HS was refering to WSo when said out loud Gwangjong. No one from that era would know Gwangjong even existed yet but he pick up the words right away, thus he knows history really well. 

Now back to HS & her princes. Although So & Wook are difference like night & day, they both has their charms & suits well with HS. But here's my issue...if the story is to go completely according to history, both So & Wook were recorded to have 2 wives each. They weren't recorded to have concubines like other kings. For Gwangjong, most, if not all, of his children were by his half sister wife, which in this story, Yeonhwa. For Wook, it didn't record much of him since he never becomes the emperor, but as his son would be, thus he became father of the king.

Now we know when they met HS, So is still single but history-wise he's gonna marry Yeonhwa first, so if & when HS falls for him, she's  gonna have a heartbreak, big time! Even if they tampered a bit with history & make her his 2nd wife, its still isn't fair to her since she, a girl from 21st century, has to share her man.

However for Wook, he was already married one wife when he was introduced to HS. Though he falls for Hajin in HS's body right after the swap, he still held back his feeling for her. In history he had 3 or 4 children, also only from 1 wife. The other wife has no children. So all his children would borned by his 2nd wife. Thefore  Wook story is more in line with history even if marries HS. She could be his 2nd wife & still not share him with anyone. 

Abt the kiss scene....I feel bad for him but So is bery wrong. Regardless what HS's feeling for him, he violated her. Especially when she herself doesn't have romantic fèeling for him. At least not yet. At this point whether love or trust, she has a thing for Wook. Even if she doesn't love anyone yet it still very wrong of So to force the kiss. It made him no different from scoundrel princes taking advantage of their palace maids.

• Like 18

@KdramaSwimmer i like the video ^^  oh..who's request it before with "love me like you do" background song? is it you @ruzikie ? ^^ i ever read the post before.

i wish for longer video with this song again..maybe after we have dating scene and other romance scenes between WS and HS \^0^/ i love to see how they're treat each other hmm... we should remember their sweet moments to cure our wounded heart kkk...

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Akiddo said:

Yorobun...you really want to know? Not a pretty picture. 

Reveal hidden contents

From what i can see, Soo is holding a letter written in blood from Chae Ryung. This is her confession letter to Soo on her relationship with 9th Prince and the betrayal that caused a rift between So and Soo. So punished Chae Ryung by death - not sure if it would be as gruesome as BBJX as Yu Tan was steamed to death. I almost vomited when i watched that episode. 9th Prince may have taught Chae Ryung how to read and write. If you watched that episode when Soo asked Chae Ryung to read - Chae Ryung had a split second to think before replying that she couldn't read. 

The issue was made worse when Ruoxi found out she was pregnant (after she fainted from witnessing Yu Tan's death). It was downhill from there and I cried bucket loads. 

Soo is in this room because So want to see her all the time. This is one of the King's chambers. Rouxi in BBJX was never given a title because once given - he would have to flip the wooden cards every evening among all his concubines. He just wanted to keep her close by at all times. Every enunch, servant knew that Ruoxi was extremely special to the Emperor and treated her very carefully. 

I hope I am wrong. 

I think you're pretty much spot on with that assumption. When I saw that scene in the Chinese version I felt so sickened, it was a horrible sight to behold. I guess the MLSHR isn't toning down the gruesome at all. Furthermore we've already gotten a hint of Chae Ryung and Won's relationship. This is during the scene where Chae Ryung gets whipped for "stealing" something from So's room. When Yo says that servants (or in this case I'm pretty sure he meant Chae Ryung) should be taught a lesson Won comes in and says "I think that servant has been beaten enough." Idk if many have noticed but whatever Yo does Won usually just follows along so in this scenario when he did the opposite it was a sign of their relationship. Furthermore when Chae Ryung was leaving with Soo after Won and Chae Ryung look at each other I think that's the biggest hint.

Ci3Upwy.gif

I'm so sad for what is to happen though :( As much as I hope you're wrong...

My gosh Eclipses have a sharp eye! Thanks for sharing!!!

• Like 17

4 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Chingu, MORE GOOD NEWS!!  One of our members here, @sukbin mentioned MLSHR being #1 in Malaysia as well as Singapore. It's being shared now in Twitter.

Here's the article: http://www.hellokpop.com/news/one-scarlet-heart-malaysia-singapore/

@meahri_1 Thanks for confirming. I logged in to my facebook and suddenly came across a newsfeed from ONE TV Asia that the ratings of MLSHR are double that of ratings in its timeslot amongst Korean entertainment channels. As a tribute for the success of this drama, ONE TV Asia is running a midseason marathon of 11 episodes back to back on Sunday (October 2, 2016) from 12.45pm.

With this news, I am so proud of being Malaysian. I hope the production team, the casts and especially LJK will realize how this drama is receiving support and love elsewhere despite the lackluster ratings in its homeland.

• Like 23

31 minutes ago, kilovekyo said:

@KdramaSwimmer i like the video ^^  oh..who's request it before with "love me like you do" background song? is it you @ruzikie ? ^^ i ever read the post before.

i wish for longer video with this song again..maybe after we have dating scene and other romance scenes between WS and HS \^0^/ i love to see how they're treat each other hmm... we should remember their sweet moments to cure our wounded heart kkk...

really i don't remember it all hahaha maybe i said that after the scar scene where she caressed his scar and touched his scar like she didn't mind to see that " horrible" scar.

Congrats for Scarlet Heart in Singapore and Malaysia. I don't know if Scarlet Heart is very popular in Indonesia since in here, they just provide us with the politic issue and Jessica's scandal :(

11 minutes ago, skxz said:

I think you're pretty much spot on with that assumption. When I saw that scene in the Chinese version I felt so sickened, it was a horrible sight to behold. I guess the MLSHR isn't toning down the gruesome at all. Furthermore we've already gotten a hint of Chae Ryung and Won's relationship. This is during the scene where Chae Ryung gets whipped for "stealing" something from So's room. When Yo says that servants (or in this case I'm pretty sure he meant Chae Ryung) should be taught a lesson Won comes in and says "I think that servant has been beaten enough." Idk if many have noticed but whatever Yo does Won usually just follows along so in this scenario when he did the opposite it was a sign of their relationship. Furthermore when Chae Ryung was leaving with Soo after Won and Chae Ryung look at each other I think that's the biggest hint.

I'm so sad for what is to happen though :( As much as I hope you're wrong...

My gosh Eclipses have a sharp eye! Thanks for sharing!!!

i also saw that scene where both of them avoided looking at each other, I dont know if Won has a feeling with her but if there's true, it's gotta be complicated since he already has two wives right ?

• Like 13

Moonlight production and ML production is a vast different theme apart from their historical settings.

Moonlight would appeal to SK viewers more so than ML as we all know the subsequent dark turn of event in ML after the passing of the King and how BBJX ended.  Moonlight is more to the lighter theme and more on romancing, 2nd lead syndrome ... unknown past... stuffs like that.  For me, I always like the idea of BBJX but unsure whether HS going to cause the change of event of help fulfilling the history event.

• Like 7

The true Scarlet Heart fans is obviously the international fans...i think we just dont give a damn care about the low ratings in Korea..i believe the cast will be proud of us for supporting the drama! 

My friend who has so many Korean friends in Australia said they dont really watch this drama..they watched the other drama (you know which drama i'm talking about).. i guess we cannot change the fact that the Korean viewers kdrama taste are totally different from the international viewers..hehh

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

really i don't remember it all hahaha maybe i said that after the scar scene where she caressed his scar and touched his scar like she didn't mind to see that " horrible" scar.

Congrats for Scarlet Heart in Singapore and Malaysia. I don't know if Scarlet Heart is very popular in Indonesia since in here, they just provide us with the politic issue and Jessica's scandal :(

i also saw that scene where both of them avoided looking at each other, I dont know if Won has a feeling with her but if there's true, it's gotta be complicated since he already has two wives right ?

Indonesian tv cables never give rating reports, so we really don't know if it's doing well or not in One Asia channel, but at least all my friends are all hype with this show, we all try to go home early (despite of crazy traffic in Jakarta) so we will be able to catch MLSHR on tv hehehe.....

• Like 14

Indonesian not really into Kdramas..of course there are many who love watch Kdramas..but many more who prefers local dramas and or Indian/Turks dramas..maybe because of the close cultural connection :)

Anyway,I'm so glad to hear that..hope SHR will always continue shining.

@dhia205 @ruzikie

Spoiler

Ga baper kok say..cuman kebawa mimpi aja..hehehehe

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

[...]

SHR DC gallers blame most of it on the director. Some say he only knows how to make the screen look pretty, but doesn't know how to direct. This is his first time to do a sageuk, and the lack of experience shows in his shooting style. (Other directors can make the screen seem fuller with fewer resources.) Also, he openly expressed how he wants all the princes to get on the hallyu ride (especially KHN), and people think that's why so many So-centric scenes were cut from the international version. 

Early in the production, a pottery supplier posted the synopsis and scripts for the first four episodes on publicly accessible website. Unfortunately, while the plotline was interesting and fast paced (and much more So-centric), the dialogue was rather... cringe-worthy. I have seen snippets of it here and there, and was surprised to see that it was written with sageuk vocabulary. Even though Korean drama fans ridiculed and mocked the scripts back then, now people think it would have been much better if they had kept the original scripts, and I tend to agree. At least it would have sounded more like a sageuk and would have made Wang So's character more acceptable as a potential king.

Unfortunately, the director had more authority in this production (the writer isn't well known) and he changed many things. This is why Korean fans are mad at him, because we know from the early leaked synopsis and scripts as well as the 6-minute preview and actors' interviews that many things were skipped or altered to highlight the Wook-Soo relationship. [...]

@ruizaio Do you know, did the director's influence also manifest itself in the way the various storylines were distributed over a certain number of episodes? Like, maybe in the original synopsis/scripts, the Soo-Wook relationship arch was allotted fewer episodes and should certainly have ended by now (the drama's halfway point) so as to leave room for the proper development of the Soo-So relationship arch. But the director is using all the Soo-Wook and other princes stuff to fill up the episodes (i.e. more episodes than he should), and the Soo-So and So-centric stuff from the originally intended latter part will end up on the cutting room floor because instead of having room to be shown over 10+ episodes, it'll have to be crammed in a much smaller number of remaining episodes. I don't know if my question makes sense. But I keep going back to the stuff you were saying, that at E8+ (what was aired on TV) they were still showing stuff that rightfully belonged in the scripts of the first 4!! episodes.

Also, when you're talking about the director's authority and "many things [being] skipped or altered to highlight the Wook-Soo relationship"--that doesn't mean that the So-centric stuff was never filmed, right? Just that it was abandoned on the cutting room floor. And it might still make its way in an all-inclusive Cut of the drama, if the DVD/Bluray thing pans out? (Just don't call it Director's cut, because personally I've had quite enough of the Director's preferred cut in the international version of the drama.)

• Like 13

I just have a time for tuning in... lmao guys. You guys are so fast. Need to catch up first. Oh and I saw the BTS already. Poor my heart because I've been repeating the kiss scene like numerous times waiting Moonday to come.

12 minutes ago, junee22 said:

Indonesian not really into Kdramas..of course there are many who love watch Kdramas..but many more who prefers local dramas and or Indian/Turks dramas..maybe because of the close cultural connection :)

Anyway,I'm so glad to hear that..hope SHR will always continue shining.

@dhia205 @ruzikie

Hide contents

Ga baper kok say..cuman kebawa mimpi aja..hehehehe

13 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

Indonesian tv cables never give rating reports, so we really don't know if it's doing well or not in One Asia channel, but at least all my friends are all hype with this show, we all try to go home early (despite of crazy traffic in Jakarta) so we will be able to catch MLSHR on tv hehehe.....

Wait... are you guys Indonesian? OMG it's nice to see another Indonesian in this forum haha! I thought it was only me...

• Like 12