[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, shiraru said:

Director (??)  : "(Next time) You two should shoot one melodrama together~"
Kang Haneul : "Oh...that...would be great for me..." (curls up, *ShyShyShy*)
IU                   : (also curls up, imitating his pose)
Me                  : (squealing endlessly) "YAAAAAASSS!! DIRECTORS, PLEASE MAKE IT
                         HAPPEN, YAAAAASSSS!!"

Leading actors and actress are so cute whenever they are together in BTS(es)~~~

ughhh if only IU was single IRL. I ship it so harddd :cry: it's so funny because he is so composed in the drama, but in the BTS, KHN is like a little teenage fanboy around IU lol. i can'ttttt hahaha

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Yes, I think is BTS. Probably practicing? :lol: 

Now I'm curious how many takes did they do to get the kiss right...I saw one BTS picture where Lee Junki's hand position is different from the actual scene. In the scene, Lee Junki's hands are cupping IU's face, while in the BTS pic, his hands are gripping her arms.

Edit : here it is, the picture.

RO76239793_w1000_h0.jpg

• Like 19

Was it intended that HS would take over 13th prince's relationship and scenes with the 4th prince?

Spoiler

In the Chinese drama, we see many scenes that show that the 4th and 13th prince were best friends that were changed to show WS and HS's friendship instead. The 13th prince was the only one who knew about 4th prince's hiding spot and he was the one who told Ruoxi to look for the 4th prince in the pond. And when Ruoxi asked the 4th prince who else has he told about his desire to become king, the 4th prince said he's only told her, but 13th prince knew too without him having to saying anything because he knows him so well. 

Which makes me think, is HS going to confess a crime she didn't do in order to save WS and that's why she's demoted where she's wearing the white and red outfit?

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, shiraru said:

Director (??)  : "(Next time) You two should shoot one melodrama together~"
Kang Haneul : "Oh...that...would be great for me..." (curls up, *ShyShyShy*)
IU                   : (also curls up, imitating his pose)
Me                  : (squealing endlessly) "YAAAAAASSS!! DIRECTORS, PLEASE MAKE IT
                         HAPPEN, YAAAAASSSS!!"

Leading actors and actress are so cute whenever they are together in BTS(es)~~~

It is obvious the directed favors KHN & IU (WW & HS) more, he expresses his favoritism in his comments in the interviews as well. He even said IU was a genius in acting (which makes IU uncomfortable because Knetz are putting all the blame on her, poor girl). 

31 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@churasan While Gwangjong isn't as well known as Daemushinwang and Prince Hodong (I'm a huge fan of the original manhwa of Kingdom of Wind), it is true that most people remember him as a good king that made Goryeo a strong, centralized kingdom that would have been otherwise torn apart. People complain that MLSHR is misrepresenting history because Gwangjong didn't really kill that many of his brothers (officially only one - Wang Won), and the culling of the powerful clans only started later in his reign. Historically, Wang So was well loved by his father and was a prudent, wise person (and good looking, too!). Many express disgust at how our Wang So is portrayed as a moody teenager that's going to make rash decisions for puppy love.

Also, Korean people have very specific ideas about what sageuks should look and sound like, and MLSHR deviates too much from it. The first episodes were ridiculed as sitcoms, and songs with English words or raps didn't help, either. Then there's also the issue of most of the young characters speaking modern Korean instead of sageuk tone.

SHR DC gallers blame most of it on the director. Some say he only knows how to make the screen look pretty, but doesn't know how to direct. This is his first time to do a sageuk, and the lack of experience shows in his shooting style. (Other directors can make the screen seem fuller with fewer resources.) Also, he openly expressed how he wants all the princes to get on the hallyu ride (especially KHN), and people think that's why so many So-centric scenes were cut from the international version. 

Unfortunately, the director had more authority in this production (the writer isn't well known) and he changed many things. This is why Korean fans are mad at him, because we know from the early leaked synopsis and scripts as well as the 6-minute preview and actors' interviews that many things were skipped or altered to highlight the Wook-Soo relationship. 

So yeah, the current biggest fear on DC about next week is that we may not see much of So once he drinks the poisoned tea. 

sorry to cut your post,

from your explaination, the director had weird ideas and experimenting a lot in this project, that's why the SK viewers reacted badly. I have read the same in LJG's thread, the director actually had no experience in sageuk but his previous dramas are all melodrama. He really put this project at risk. The writer for this drama is not well known as well, I checked she didn't have any experience in writing sageuk as well. But I don't want to blame the writer, because sounds like the decision was with the director. And the editing problem, I believe they rushed the international versions because the Chinese authority needs to inspect it before it airs. 

So he really likes KHN & IU, I hope they can make a melodrama together in the future, it will be great, people will be happy. However to put new experiments on this drama project itself is very risky, specially for big budget and pre-produced. I don't speak korean/sageuk language, so for us, international viewers, it doesn't matter. But for korean people, I'm sure they will react to it.  And they complain about LJG screen time, that's why now the production team try to put more LJG on screen (therefore we are stuck with 2 versions...but now I get used to it, no complains.. lets put more LJG on our screen!)

Anyway, let's be positive, I hope this drama will get better ratings in SK, at least min 10-12% towards the end. It already has good reviews in China, Singapore & Malaysia and I'm sure in other countries as well. The story is good, and all the actors already worked very hard for this. LJG has lost 15 kgs for this drama for godsake :) he's really amazing in this drama, so please keep supporting this drama and enjoy it until the end :) 

• Like 15

49 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

is it just me or does this seem like a bts pic 

Hae Soo/IU seems to be smiling when WS/LJK is about to kiss her! nyappyplz.gif

i want bts video of this scene:flushed:

please someone search for this bts.................

btw i'm one of the lurkers & really enjoy all the recaps & analysis done by all of the seniors....lets continue till Oct 30:wub:

we can't imply our believe/interest in others so never bother with the rating @ negative comments & spread the love:heart:

ps:  im watching Joseon gunman while reply to this hence i dont find chemistry between joongi & the female lead:sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, novemberschopin said:

ughhh if only IU was single IRL. I ship it so harddd :cry: it's so funny because he is so composed in the drama, but in the BTS, KHN is like a little teenage fanboy around IU lol. i can'ttttt hahaha

I know...hahaha... KHN is acting so cute toward IU, you can see it in all BTS and interviews LOL.... 

• Like 6

@kilovekyo thanks for liking my mv.. and it was @junee22 who suggested this song for mv.

@shiraru I guess this shoulder gripping is during the first kiss attempt (just guess need to watch the scene again) where HS could break the grip and then he cupped her face for second one.

@junee22 ndian shows are that popular in ur country. . Thats a news for me... byw next song on target is Still falling for you(by ellie goulding..I just love her voice and lyrics of this song are perfect for scarcouple)

• Like 8

Facts about Wang So:

Gwangjong of Goryeo

Gwangjong (925 – 4 July 975), personal name Wang So, was the fourth king of Goryeo. He was known for squashing his political rivals and creating an atmosphere of fear within the political realm at the time.

Goryeo met the time of change by ascending of Gwangjong. At his early stage as ruler, he maintained a passive attitude to nobles. However, he became more and more drastic. Choi Seung-Ro said that his regime can be divided into three parts. First is the period of grouping. Second is the period of strengthening power, and the last is the period of purge.

First period - the period of grouping (949–955)

At the early stage of Goryeo, it was a syndicate of powerful clans. Furthermore, many clans of them were the supporting powers of him. It was not easy to reinforce his power and he started to find the way to reinforce his power. He studied how to consolidate his power by reading zhenguanzhengyao. He got the support of the public by supporting Buddhism.

Second period - the period of strengthening power (955–959)

The focus of his reform was strengthening the power of King. He started to drive out powerful clans from the Goryeo court. He brought Ssang Gi and naturalized people from China into his court and started aggressive reforms. He made the law of emancipating slaves (노비안검법, 奴婢按檢法) in 958, and the national civil service examination in 958. The national civil service examination helped the Goryeo court furnish new faces and expel people of powerful clans.

Third period - the period of purge (959–975)

Powerful clans were unhappy because of his aggressive attitude and reforms. They perceived that they would be purged by him intuitively. Finally, some of them had the intention to revolt. However, they were killed by him before the revolt. Typical examples of the executed were Prince Heunghwa and Prince Gyeongchunwon.

Death

He got a serious disease in July 975 and died just after few days.

Family

• Father: Taejo of Goryeo (태조, 31 January 877-4 July 943)
  • Mother: Queen Sinmyeongsunseong (신명순성왕후, ?-951)
  • Consorts and issue:
  1. Queen Daemok (대목왕후), half sibling
    1. Wang Ju (왕주, 9 November 955-13 August 981), 1st son - Gyeongjong of Goryeo
    2. Crown Prince Hyohwa (효화태자), 2nd son, died prematurely
    3. Lady Cheonchujeon (천추전부인), 1st daughter
    4. Lady Bohwagung (보화궁부인), 2nd daughter
    5. Queen Mundeok (문덕왕후), 3rd daughter
  2. Princess Gyeonghwagung (경화궁부인), daughter of Hyejong of Goryeo and Queen Uihye (의화왕후)

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

It is obvious the directed favors KHN & IU (WW & HS) more, he expresses his favoritism in his comments in the interviews as well. He even said IU was a genius in acting (which makes IU uncomfortable because Knetz are putting all the blame on her, poor girl). 

I saw the article where he praised IU as a genius on set and once again when he defended her acting post-ML airing. I remembered being like,"Director, you probably should stay quiet, so things wouldn't get worse for IU... girl has been hated enough :( ". I didn't know he did another interview about him favoriting Wang Wook - Hae Soo, do you have a link by any chance?

• Like 9

okay just because i remember what BBJX felt when i watch that drama... i'm a mess for a week i mean that drama ruin my life tbh... the angst , suffering and love is just overwhelming... i kinda want to talk about it in WS and HS POV but i put it in spoiler in case anyone don't want to know the essence of this novel and cdrama that i take on WS and HS character...

Spoiler

people ever wondering why HS so invest in protecting Eun???? or WJ also WW cause all the prince are her family.. when she first arrived there she got the chance to meet and know all prince and became part of their live... HS who have nobody in this period of time relaying to the princes to have fun and care for each other.. you have to understand she gladly will sacrifice herself to save the one she love.. in BBJX Ruoxi try to protect 8th and 10th even when she with 4th.. its her nature...

in WS POV HS is the only one matter cause she the only one who actually care for him at the first place.. its make sense why he only care about HS and want to protect her.. what WS felt is so deep that he will do anything to make HS belong to him..

even here we can see that in HS world all the prince have her care and attention even the only one that she love is WS but in WS world only HS live there.. this is what thing going to take wrong turn in their relationship... HS will protect the one she love even its mean against WS and WS will protect HS even from the one she love....

what i think is they both hurting each other because of their heart.. its just too different in the way they love each other...

now i totally embracing the fact that this story will have a sad ending but i hope our lead get their love and be happy before the angst , tear and hurt occurs.... 

• Like 17

Please don't get angry on me, I don't want to upset those optimistic but I think Wang So, as a king, (and maybe sooner) will show his soft spot only towards Hae Soo. And even so he will become possessive and obsessed with her. For many others he will be a king of Hell. Tough times demand a harsh king. Otherwise a nation can not survive. If this is an adaptation after C-version they can't deviate too much from the original story. (A very sad one). They also can't deviate too much from history. I don't expect to see much happiness and sweet moments from now on. I think that times of tranquility for Hae Soo have passed. She will have to start her own fight to tame the volcanic temper of Wang So. It's time to reveal the need for the emergence of Ha-jin in those days.

I wonder if Wang So would have killed CP if his mother and Wang Yo would have said they'll support him to become king. Something makes me think yes. And I think if those two would not have kept their words... he would have kill them too... very possible. (Well maybe not his mother). I wish I'm wrong in my statement and everything will go much smoother but I have to prepare my soul for what is worse. In any way I will love this drama no matter in what direction it will take.

Sorry to jump from one idea to another but... In nine episodes they have described a year of the reign of King Taejo. As I understand, the story must cover another nine years in just 11 episodes, and I think the action it will develop very fast. I wonder how they can achieve that and I hope everything's gonna be okay.

• Like 15