[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Yesterday morning....after the episode maybe something relate to me also i cant go to work my heart was so sick ...like i the one who being So soo ....ohh gosh i dont want to follow any saeguk or anything after this ....cause i love history so much  and what gappen cause its true story go to my nerve and brain and realised that whether you are a king or not you can't get perfect life  ..if one cannot get love mayb can get something else...in this life this is a choice to make......

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, shae said:

Dude has:

1. Mommy issues

2.Body dysmorphic disorder

3. Abandonment issues

4.prone to acute stress disorder

5. PTSD

6.hostile attribution bias

8.dependant personality disorder

9. eating disorder

And he still finds time to do his makeup and hair. I think we should cast blame at HS. Gee, he killed your sister. Your sister caused the deaths of everybody, ruined your marriage, then left the most narcissistic love letter goodbye  letter ever using menstrual blood(where'd all that come from?), on your dresser. Yes, 4th prince has problems HS, but that 'sister' of yours was one sick puppy. HS needs a time out to think, not a new address.

Nice WS description ;)

She will...WS will too...the problem is they both can't do much coz they r not alone in the world

• Like 10

4 hours ago, briseis said:
Spoiler

Never Letting Go

“I have to live with you. Let’s live together. Marry me.” 

Unfortunately, in the Goryeo Era not even the third time is the charm. Only a complete masochist and sucker for punishment proposes twice in the same week after getting rejected the first time. Any other man would have given up a long time ago, but WS even after all those years of rejections keeps soldiering on like a trooper, even though his heart breaks each time. He hasn’t changed at all - it’s so similar to the time 8 years ago when he came to her from Later Jin and she rejected him, only for him to return days later, asking her to marry him and getting rejected again.

IcnEx8B.png

“I cannot. I cannot do anything for you except provide comfort. It will be hard for me to marry you.“ 

Their night out together is the one moment of selfishness HS allows herself, stealing the king himself from the Palace, to have him completely for herself one last time before she sends him away to an other woman. It’s relatable, but absolutely cruel towards Wang So, that she knows the whole time SO WANTS TO PROPOSE TO HER and that she will reject him and that she will hurt him BUT STILL WANTS TO HEAR HIM PROPOSE TO HER, WANTS THAT ONE MOMENT OF PERFECT HAPPINESS. She said it to Jimong herself, didn’t she? That she’s been WAITING A LONG TIME for this, to finally be with WS - she’s been constantly waiting and THAT’S HER BIGGEST MISTAKE IN AN ERA with a short life expectancy, where people could get killed each day or die from disease. WHILE WAITING for the right moment SHE MISSED SO MANY CHANCES, LET SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES PASS BY, she was always living and hoping for future that wasn’t guaranteed, and now it’s simply too late. On the other hand, So, who knows how precious and short-lived is each happy moment, has wanted to live with her from the beginning, to live for the moment not caring about the future. 

UCfxwcS.png

“I will not give up on you over that scar. No one can force me to. I won’t give up either.” 

Some people say that they want back the wild WS who didn’t care abou rules defied everyone and who would do anything for HS, BUT HE IS STILL THAT WS, HE HASN’T CHANGED AT ALL. He is ready to FIGHT THE WHOLE WORLD FOR HER (just like he did many times before) - HE’S READY TO WEATHER THE STORM, PREPARED TO ABOLISH A CENTURIES-OLD STUPID RULE ABOUT SCARS, FIGHT THE CLANS AND ALL FOR HER, SO HE COULD MAKE HER HIS QUEEN! And you know that in the end, he would have won because he’s smart and ruthless, he would go over dead bodies to achieve it, but all Goryeo kings went over dead bodies. It’s HER WHO IS GIVING UP, who is afraid to fight for them - it’s because she wants to stop bloodshed and to protect him, but the truth it’s noble idiocy in it’s purest form. In the end, HS hasn’t changed either.

“Even if I can’t marry you you can’t leave me. I won’t let you go. You have to be mine. You can’t go anywhere. I will never allow it. You are my only queen.” 

In the end, HE RESPECTS HER DECISION no matter how much it hurts him and gives her the only promise he can give her now - to be hers in all ways if he cannot be with her in name. However, after So’s tear falls the expression in his eyes promises RETRIBUTION to everyone WHO HURT THEM, TORN THEM APART AND TRIED TO CONTROL THEIR LIVES.

pRb8H74.png

Reading your post makes me cry buckets again...

• Like 13

23 hours ago, ldwon4 said:

Yup, the shot of WS is from his drama Two Weeks in 2013. And HS's is probably from producers. She should have her brown hair btw unless she "decides" to dye her hair back to black or something.

Good point. There were high expectations for UF as well, but that didn't turn out well either. Hard to predict what drama would do well I guess. Just got to get a bit lucky.

UF was also tagged for a sad ending like ML so maybe people in Korea like happier and funny shows and don't really want all the angst associated with sad dramas. I am sure that if LJG did a good rom-com it would be a hit but it really isn't his style to go after an easy script. He likes the challenge of a difficult multi-faceted character which is why he is so good as Wang So. After such a heavy duty character maybe he ought to relax and do a lighter drama.

• Like 11

Joong Ki is really best in historical drama and is perfect to a king role. He can change his eyes' expression in a seconds from anger, sad, happy and so much inlove.  May he can win best actor in SHR. Even his eyes' expression as the evil commander in Resident Evil, he looks so evil there. 

• Like 15

Hello guys.. I want to give my point of view, why our 4th prince become so cruel.. Regardless of all the messed life he lived for so many time, i think he absorb differently meaning of living. Like he has told us the story when he has to killed all wolf by burning down his precious tree. Like chingus said before, all that he wants is just a legitimation of his existence from his parents and brothers. He always think, that to be survive in this world is by kill every enemy in his live. Thats why Soo always told him to not kill his brothers no matter what happen. Too bad, almost all his brother is taking every single step to make sure So died, what an irony. His anger is like a mountaint, a huge and high. Rejection from his family (clans, Jung, crazy eomany) is the first trigger of all sudden changing. Following with the Snakes famz is fuelling the tense with past lover affair. If Wang So didn't get a heart attack he is really tough with all this crazyness. But, in return his anger makes him like a monster. In conclution, i think what he did is not a mistake. He conduct from what he learning. Too bad, his parents is a worst teacher, so he lost from the good part of caring. Hae Soo is trying to teach him, but may be she doesnt has huge enough to carry this responsibility.. Anyway, all that i can absorb is this is what we called Fate. No one could change what God's want in our live. :)

pardon for my long writing guys.... I luv SoSoo couple..

• Like 13

3 hours ago, freckledbelle said:

MLSHR is not a mediocre drama. I think it deserves more. LJG deserves more. Really. But it's not appreciated in SK. And that to me is the 8th wonder of the world. Sigh. Oh well. :) 

TV rating is only based on viewerships of 2000 households.  Whilst it's an important indicator, it's not the only.  Please note that Moon Lovers is on first place in CPI rating from Oct 16-23 taking over Moonlight whilst it's on the finale episodes.  People should consider that more and more viewers are watching dramas on online streaming which are not counted towards the TV rating measurement.

• Like 12

On 10/25/2016 at 7:26 PM, rei_smasher11 said:

SHR only stayed #1 for a day. So disappointed with Korea. :cold_sweat:

Actually depends on which ratings you are quoting. TMNS says ML - 10.7% and MWLIOH - 9.9% and if you take the average with AGB then it is ML -10.4% and MWLIOH - 10.25% :sweatingbullets:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, gwiyeowooh said:
Spoiler

This post will be more about Hae Soo. I am a Wang So bias but the last 2 episode made me wanna wrap HS in a quilt,  give her a hug and cup of Hot Chocolate.

She literally made WS the new King. Even she was against it, since WS wanted to be the King, HS supported him. Without seeing what the late King wrote down as a decree and WS tearing the paper into pieces HS being the last person to be with the WY proclaimed WS as the new King. 

She requested a marriage proposal from the man he loves, she even made pile of wishing stones near the palace because the King can't go far. But even before the proposal, HS found out through Jimong and YH that the King's position is unstable and his life is in danger because of lack and power and support.
The only solution available is to let him marry someone with a powerful clan to back him up, something that HS can't give.

Yet she still tearfully smile, knowing WS attempt to marry her and she will be her only queen. How heart-breaking for her to decline the proposal. The only thing that HS could do is to remove WS's guilt and give her reassurance that she will understand and continue to be with him.

I thought the fitting of the wedding dress was so pitiful.

But then we have this.

HS has announced her stance with polygamy, and she is going against it because she loves and understand WS.
Which is still bearable because this is 10th century Goryeo, polygamy is normal. But the thought that the man you love is with another woman on the night of wedding is a different story.

The girl with heart disease enduring the pain on being alone on her room while her man is another woman is so pathetically painful (Well we know that WS and YH did not do it but HS has no idea). 10th, 21st or any century it doesn't matter, for any woman knowing that your man is sleeping with another girl when you are still around yet you can't do anything about it is a torture.

Then this, WS refused HS touch.
He refused her comfort, when that is all she could do and her only purpose in the palace.

Though I understand why WS is mad and the pain on bringing Jung and letting her see his mother but this is HS character. She can't stand something like this, if not of this trait, WS won't fall in love with her. Back then, when WS was an outcast HS was the only person reaching out to him.

Then the letter of CR. It was like an eye opener for her. Specially the part when CR said that she was just in love and doesn't regret it and it is something that HS can answer herself.

After she read the letter she looked around her, as if asking herself "WHAT AM I DOING?"

HS must be thinking she is no different from CR, a person blinded by love.

She looked around and find herself locked inside the palace, sharing her man with another woman, seeing him do things, punishments, decisions that she can't stomach. Her life is getting shorter and shorter because of her heart disease yet she is taking all the pain in because of love.

That might be the reason why HS decided to accept Jung's offer to leave the palace but I still need to see the next episode to get a clearer picture.

I just feel that making her stay at palace with her short life to prove her love to WS is really cruel. 

I am crying after reading this sissy. Oh gosh, i can't stop my tears and my officemates are here now. Lol! I feel the pain of Haee Soo. I am so glad of my decision that Im won"t watch SHR until it will be finished.  See? just reading this, I cried like a baby and have chest pain, how much more if i am watching. 

• Like 17

On 10/24/2016 at 11:48 AM, lyserose said:

It was Lee Joon Gi who mentioned that in an interview. He said they had so much leisure of time in the beginning and since the entire production team was totally not familiar with pre-produced format, the kinda rushed a lot towards the end. It is completely evident in this episode. Even Lee Joon Gi's brilliant acting prowess could not save this episode. And everyone seem to have their energy sapped out of them. And boy, Lee Joon Gi is so painfully skinny and I know what I am about to say may not sit well with his many fangirls here (I am his fan also) but he is not that smoking gorgeous as compared to him in the first 8 episodes. As Mad Hatter would say "he has loss his muchness". The excessive weight loss has taken a toll on his appearance. Putting aside myself sounding all superficial here but this (if according to him) would be his last saeguk for now and I wish he could look all glorious as paying homeage to his saeguk bravura till the very end. His acting is still superb but the rush and all over pacing of this episode somehow bringing down his performance which could have been a standout should it was done better. 

Hi can you tell me which interview he stated they were running out of time in please? I would love to watch or read the interview. Thanks :) 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

(in c-version) oh my handwriting of RX is similar to 4th? (HS) she's been practicing the handwriting of 4th from the poem.. that's the reason + 14th letter handwriting that it got delayed (st*pid 14th again?) ouch... now its leaning toward not meeting her (HS) at her deathbed if that would be the case..

Spoiler

Yes chingu @sosooyah19, I am fear that our So-Soo couple will not meet one last time even on her death bed!! :(

In c-drama they never really develop how ruoxi get the same handwriting as 4th prince, while in k-ver we know it''s because she copied her poem so many times. We should embrace our heart just in case moon lovers will go down that path...

• Like 8

On 10/24/2016 at 1:08 PM, Diana Blanche said:

I know many of you will not agree with me but as I feared they lengthened the story of love between HS/WW and the last years of Taejo reign, in the first 11-12 episodes. And now in the last episodes they gave it on fast forward due to lack of time. In the last five-six episode things have happened so fast for me that I got dizzy but I must thank to LJG because in one of his interviews he warned fans that this would happen. Like he said I'm gonna to put my imagination to work but even so, I would have wanted to see more happy moments between HS/WS.before the drama to be over.

Can you please tell me which interview Lee Joon Gi said that in please? Thank you :)

• Like 7

4 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

(in c-version) oh my handwriting of RX is similar to 4th? (HS) she's been practicing the handwriting of 4th from the poem.. that's the reason + 14th letter handwriting that it got delayed (st*pid 14th again?) ouch... now its leaning toward not meeting her (HS) at her deathbed if that would be the case..

I have a feeling that you are right about WS not being able to see HS before she dies because think about Jung's involvement, WS didn't let him see his mother before she died so maybe Jung might not let them be together or something?

Honestly if HS has to die please let it be out of the palace and WS in peace. 

• Like 10