[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

I think the screenplay writer did not disregard the manwha's version, as we have discussed earlier, the wedding scene even connotes a bit of hilarity

ahhhh.   yes - that makes sense, @LyraYoo.  I was actually referring to the novel, not the manwha...

Thank you also for the link to the manwha. I would not understand it in Korean, unfortunately.

6 hours ago, jongski said:

Yes no comedy in that classic book. Omg! I don't don't don't ever ever ever want this turned into something "action comedy" if that is how Manwha story goes. Please, No!

@jongski, I am totally with you on that one...  I was so anticipating a melo revenge drama, esp. with the wonderful leads we have.....  Never crossed my mind this is going to be a comedy.

14 hours ago, mulberry9 said:

From all the news articles, I always get the idea that GMB is the direct adaptation of the Manhwa. So instead of closely following the novel, it will most probably will following the manhwa. And from what we have seen so far from those manhwa scans, the story contents some funny moments..esp those with Swan

Thank you for clarification too, @mulberry9.

MBC drama 'Goodbye Mister Black' drops 1st still-cuts of Moon Chae Won!

February 24, 2016 

moon-chae-won_1456271212_af_org.jpg

Upcoming MBC drama 'Goodbye Mister Black' has released the 1st still-cuts of lead female actress Moon Chae Won!

'Goodbye Mister Black' will be Moon Chae Won's return to the small screen in 3 years. Her character is named Kim Swan, a poor but bright and quirky girl who struggles with an unconditional one-sided love for Mr. Black (played by Lee Jin Wook). 

A representative of the drama crew stated, "Not only will this be the first time Moon Chae Won will take on a short hair-style for her role, but she is especially affectionate about her character. Please look forward to Moon Chae Won and Swan, who will splash the small screen with brilliant colors." 

'Goodbye Mister Black' premieres March 16!

moon-chae-won_1456271024_PS16022400036.j

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/mbc-drama-goodbye-mister-black-drops-1st-still-cuts-of-moon-chae-won

First in black when he left for Thailand n now nearly all white! I love Ljw style here. :heart: .

He is heading to New Zealand to film his cf for blackyak!! Really cool ! Another endorsement! Audi for car,  Veronica for London for bespoke shoes, samsonite for luggage  and now black yak for extreme sport wear. All men assessories that complement each other. Can't be better!! He's working so hard!! 

My thoughts are that GMB will not be a comedy or lovey drama. It will have its humurous  moments to break the intensity. I don't mind full intensity but it can be mentally draining for me and makes me upset n totally exhausted after I watch every episode. ( makes me moody) so I want the drama to have its light moments esp for our moon-wook otp - boy girl playfulness, even some flirting or mushy moments ( not too much or chessy however!). Moon really looks ready n good for those moments in that hair n clothes! No more cold moon but affectionate n expressive one!!!

Yes! Finally.. the official teaser. Thank you for sharing, Irfa.

I love what I'm seeing so far. I can say it objectively that the teaser looks very promising. Hopefully, the writing will be as good as what it looks and everything will be well executed.

Lots of people side eyeing this drama as it doesn't have big superstars. But that's fine by me as long as it can become a gold that's hidden in the ocean lol . 

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤ 1 Minute Video Teaser p.63 ♤ D-20 ♤

Hi, just wanna drop by n say I'm already in Korea right now n any infos about GMB shooting locations would be nice-not like I can just run out n chase 'em right away..but who knows fate, right-?:sweatingbullets:

P.S. I'm watching DoTS at the hotel right now..despite not knowing anything about what they say..I'm liking it and hoping the same, even more from GMB:wub:

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

Thank you @irfa1314!

OKAY NOW WE'RE TALKING! YES! This is looking so promising. I already love it more than the promos of DotS. :D

I also love the tiny musical hommage at the end where the music sounds a bit like Vivaldi's "Summer" from Four Seasons. Don't mind me - I'm in heaven!:wub: Also Swan calling Ji Won "Black".... *rolling around in a puddle of feels*

Oh yeah! I'm loving the teaser!!!!! so much action; Black. running, bruised and battered faced..homg..Black drop his navy medallion? is that what it is? Swan running the urgency in her voice calling for Black!  Yep the music  very apt for that 1 minute teaser.  Would I be out of line if I say.... I'm fudgin waiting for this!?!!!!!

9 hours ago, Jillia said:

I also love the tiny musical hommage at the end where the music sounds a bit like Vivaldi's "Summer" from Four Seasons. Don't mind me - I'm in heaven!:wub: Also Swan calling Ji Won "Black".... *rolling around in a puddle of feels*

THAT's what I was hearing. I was wracking my brain trying to nail the score's similarity to something. I replayed the clip with eyes closed and listening only to the score. Frankly, I think it's outstanding. Builds the tension and takes us for the ride througout the clip. If the actual score is this good, we have another fabulous element to this production to go all crazy over. Not that any of us needs more to go crazy, but more is more, not less. :D

Archived