[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

Thanks for the gifs @marykarmelina  LJW in action!

Lee Jin Wook and Kim Kang Woo. Both stills have them holding a gun and pointing  at one another

Gun for gun.. cold hard stare.  Naval comrades. Brotherhood The duel between Black and the best buddy who betrayed him. And at some point in the drama we'll get emotional angry angsty  confrontation scene  between the two. Gosh..makes it even more exciting!

Waiting for March 16. Goodbye Mr. Black :D

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for the photos/teasers and fun commentary and gifs. 

Love the photos of KKW! He looks....ummmm....fabulous. But the article that described his character having a sense of noblesse oblige doesn't quite fit the gun-toting bad boy look of the photos. Guess we just gotta wait for the real deal starting March 16.

YAY! The teaser's out! They look so cute together though I didn't expect Swan to meet Mr Black while he was still in the navy. :D Unexpected but nice. She'll probably know his personality before then, see the changes and try to bring back his old personality. 

Did the poster shooting taking place earlier today?

crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gifThank You @LyraYoo for the  stills of LJW, @dhilamd OMG finally we have KKW pics! @irfa1314 I'm so excited for the unofficial teaser. Somebody pinch me, am I dreaming? It seems like we have been waiting forever for this drama and now finally we are getting pics, a little teaser.

@marykarmelina love the gifs 

I'm so excited, official posters tomorrow ( I know it's today for a lot of you but, I'm on the other side of the world). Just from the teaser we have chemistry between our leads, @gangurhar I'm ready to hop on that ship too. 

That moment upon seeing Bbong's stills, I could only smile from ear to ear and murmur 'soooo cute' :wub:, regardless of the background and whatever she's doing. LOL

@LyraYoo Thank you for sharing! *hugs*

And now that I came to my senses, really, what is she doing??? :huh:

Upper left photo: Is she holding a passport? Checking it? (In that place? How come? I think I lost it! :lol:)

Lower left photo: Is she looking through some garbage/trash? Why, Swan? Why?! Hahaha Or maybe she found that passport or whatever pocket notebook she's holding in there? K, bye. lol

Annyeong everyone!!!! Thanks guys for all the updates! The teaser's finally out! wawa.gifbut it was wayyyy too short...I ended up replaying it like 10x..:blink:..

On 2/23/2016 at 4:30 AM, Jillia said:

Omona... TEASER!! But it doesn't sound like a melodrama. :D The music makes it look like a action comedy. But I'm okay with that because I'm sure ANGST will come soon enough. Sounds like fun how Swan and Black meet. :wub:

Agree, the teaser gives me a romcom vibe but I honestly hope it's not. 

16 hours ago, JinRose said:

:huh:

Upper left photo: Is she holding a passport? Checking it? (In that place? How come? I think I lost it! :lol:)

Lower left photo: Is she looking through some garbage/trash? Why, Swan? Why?! Hahaha Or maybe she found that passport or whatever pocket notebook she's holding in there? K, bye. lol

From what I remember, based from the unofficial character description that was posted here before, Swan/Kaya earns a living by creating a fake passport, and since it's illegal, maybe the reason why she's there with that pile of garbage around her is because she's meeting a client (more like of a hiding place y'know)..lol! Now I wonder how Black will end-up there being bloody and all.

Edit: Lol! captain @Jillia has explained it already..I'm so slow..-_-

@Jillia Oh that makes sense! Our Swan is indeed bright and.....resourceful? :lol: She really makes a living from various ways! Nwy, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

Other edits:

EDIT:

@hershlag So, it's really a passport? If what you've said is later on be confirmed as official. lol Thank you, eonnie! :D

Fake IDs or Passport. . . . We'll see. Omg. I can't wait for its official trailer... and broadcast! :wub::lol:

CR.

20160224105303_8d85792b-adc2-4470-9b01-9

http://www.dispatch.co.kr/472518

"Goodbye Mr. Black" Moon Chae-won cuts her hair short

2016/02/23

photo693472.jpg

Moon Chae-won is coming back with a drama for the first time in 3 years.

Actress Moon Chae-won cut her hair short for the role of Swan in the new MBC drama "Goodbye Mr. Black".

Kim Swan is rough and unruly but even that brings out energy in her. She doesn't mind fighting for money and doesn't waste her energy and time in crying. She's bold and laughs more than she cries. 'Black' Cha Ji-won (Lee Jin-wook) is in love with her.

In the pictures revealed, Moon Chae-won is looking for something in the garbage. She's going through the trash without a flinch. She's dressed very casually with an ice box around her shoulder.

The garbage is a place of special meaning to Swan. Before she met Black, her name was Kaya. It means 'garbage' in Thai and it was given to her because she was found in the garbage when she was young. Although she has a painful past, Swan is bold and loveable.

Moon Chae-won's first take was in Thailand in January. She withheld the heat of Thailand and the smell of the garbage to create a perfect scene.

Meanwhile, the new MBC drama "Goodbye Mr. Black" is based on an original by writer Hwang Mi-na, about a man's revenge and romance. The first episode can be seen on the 16th of March.

http://www.hancinema.net/goodbye-mr-black-moon-chae-won-cuts-her-hair-short-91719.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

==================

PzJtAlq.gif

another article

Moon Chae Won transforms

into a tomboy for ‘Goodbye Mr. Black’

Feb 24, 2016
74205-397694-696x1044.jpg

Upcoming MBC TV Wed-Thu drama ‘Goodbye Mr. Black’ which will premiere on March 16th, has today released the first stills of lead actress Moon Chae Won.

Moon Chae Won makes her small screen return after 3 years, and will play Kim Swan who is bright and positive. Swan accepts all jobs that come her way as long as it earns her money, and always has a smile when it comes to life. She is deeply in love with ‘Black’ Cha Ji Won which is played by actor Lee Jin Wook, and will play out a romance with him.

In the stills, Moon Chae Won is seen looking hard for something among the garbage stack, and didn’t mind her image at all. Moon Chae Won is seen sporting short hair, while wearing a white t-shirt that was paired with denim jeans, while she had another shirt wrapped around her waist, as she sought to create the ‘freedom spirit’ of Swan.

74205-397693

This particular scene holds special meaning to Swan. Before meeting ‘Black,’ Swan was known as ‘KAYA’ which translates to trash in Thai. The name came about because Swan was abandoned at a garbage dump as a child. Although she has a sad childhood, Swan grow up to have a bubbly and outgoing personality, and will definitely charm viewers.

Moon Chae Won’s first filming was in Thailand on February 1st, where she had to endure the stench from the garbage stack during filming. The production team said, “This is the first time that Moon Chae Won is sporting short hair, and we can see how much she likes her character. Please look forward to her performance.”

‘Goodbye Mr. Black’ is adapted from the same-name manhwa by Hwang Mi Na, which was motivated by French author Alexandre Dumas’s novel ‘The Count of Monte Cristo.’ The drama will tell the revenge story of a man who was betrayed.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

I agree with @LyraYoo

From all the news articles, I always get the idea that GMB is the direct adaptation of the Manhwa. So instead of closely following the novel, it will most probably will following the manhwa. And from what we have seen so far from those manhwa scans, the story contents some funny moments..esp those with Swan :)

I don't mind it..some comedy as long as not to over. I'm just hoping that the writer won't mess up the writing. I secretly hoping that she can follow the manhwa closely.. just to be in the safe side. 

Moon Chae-won sifts through trash for Goodbye Mr. Black

by javabeans | February 24, 2016 | No Comments

mrblack7.jpg

Following her co-stars Lee Jin-wook and Kim Kang-woo, it’s Moon Chae-won’s turn in the spotlight for Goodbye Mr. Black, the MBC drama where she plays the spunky heroine who pretends to be the wronged hero’s (Lee Jin-wook) wife in order to help his revenge mission, and they end up falling in love. I’m a sucker for those setups.

READ MORE HERE : Source : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/moon-chae-won-sifts-through-trash-for-goodbye-mr-black/

On 2/23/2016 at 1:06 AM, LyraYoo said:

@Jillia definitely a teaser. The photos vs the video spells out that there is more to anticipate,given the synopsis firstly introduced to us. 

And yes, another element is confirmed: Moon-Wook Chemistry is definitely brewing ! 

@LyraYoo  Excited for the posters!

Moon-Wook rolls of my tongue better than Chae-Ki :o:D:P:lol: ha ha ha

Don't get mad all you Chae-Ki chingus.. I'm just teasing okay.;):)

I'm just hyper for this drama and Black and Swan :wub:

@Jillia @irilight and everyone else who posted updates articles and photos... mwaaahugs y'all ! :heart:

13 hours ago, irilight said:

@LyraYoo,  I'd go with Black Revenge thread too.....

And personally, I so hope it is a melo and not an action comedy.  (certainly there was no comedy in The Count of Monte Cristo, so that idea took me by surprise... 

Thank you chingus for all the updates....!

Yes no comedy in that classic book. Omg! I don't don't don't ever ever ever want this turned into something "action comedy" if that is how Manwha story goes. Please, No! I'll end up hating this drama if that happens. This is my anticipated for 2016  been waiting and even before they  went to Thailand to shoot, I declared this will end up as my fav for 2016. I don't want to eat my words. More than that. I'll be disappointed and will hate  this. I wanna see quality writing for this one with the caliber of stars appearing in this drama

I guess dry wit humor in some scenes when it's necessary is ok. Maybe Swan being the street smart feisty girl will have some of that to some degree maybe in first two episodes. But please, please.. let it just be that. Please.

#excited #worried #thatfeeling  #sorrynotsorryformythoughts

Thanks a lot, @LyraYoo, @dhilamd, @irfa1314, and others for stills, teaser, and updating news. With some cute and funny moments at the beginning followed by some breathtaking action scenes and ended with Black's smile and Swan's scream,the teaser  brings me the feeling of riding roller coaster, which I always expect when watching dramas or movies. 

I think a couple first scenes of GMB will be fun and bright; so the writer can emphasize the transformation in Black's personalities after his downfall, that is a great idea. And we have Swan there to witness that change as we see they meet each other pretty early based on the teaser. As the story progresses, I hope there are some scenes with cuteness and fun from our main couple to save tissues, :D. I do not worry much about sad scenes because this writer can surely break our hearts by her script. 

With GMB joining the competition with the other 2 dramas a little bit late, I hope MBC carefully studies the promoting strategy, then we can have a strong start in rating for GMB.

20 more days to go! So excited!

Archived