[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‘Goodbye Mr. Black’ reveals photos from first script reading session

Embedded image permalink

Upcoming MBC TV Wed-Thu drama ‘Goodbye Mr. Black’ held their first script reading session at the MBC New Building in Sangam-dong on January 9th, and saw the attendance of writer Moon Hee Jung, PD Lee Chang Min, production staff, as well as actors like Lee Jin Wook, Moon Chae Won, Kim Kang Woo, Yoo In Young, Song Jae Rim, and others.

This was the first script reading session following the New Year, and everyone greeted each other warmly before beginning. Everyone got into character and delivered their lines smoothly, and it definitely felt like a real filming session.

Moon Chae Won makes her small screen return after 3 years, and will play Swan. Swan was left at a dumpster in a poor village in Thailand, but becomes an ace in the market when she grows up. She will be sporting short hair which is a departure from her usual image, has a bright and brash personality, but also an endearing charm that makes one happy.

Lee Jin Wook plays Cha Ji Won (aka Mr. Black) who is an UDT officer of the Navy Special Operations Force. He was originally bright and positive, and treats people with sincerity. But he turns into an icon of revenge after getting betrayed by his good friend. He interacted with Moon Chae Won with just his eyes during the session, and their great chemistry left one really looking forward to seeing them in the actual drama.

Kim Kang Woo plays Min Sun Jae who manages a holiday resort, and has an imposing presence; Yoo In Young plays Min Sun Hae’s wife Yoon Ma Ri, who is beautiful but has an ice-cold personality; Song Jae Rim plays Seo Woo Jin who is the editor and representative of a publishing firm, who has a warm appearance and showed stable acting.

The cast is rounded up by veterans like Jeon Kuk Hwan, Choi Jung Woo, Lee Won Jong, Jeong Dong Hwan, and others who will add substance to the story with their stable acting. With a strong production team and cast members, much is anticipated of the drama.

‘Goodbye Mr. Black’ is adapted from a manhwa of the same name by Hwang Mi Na, which was motivated by French author Alexandre Dumas’s novel ‘The Count of Monte Cristo.’ The drama will tell the revenge story of a man who was betrayed.

The drama will premiere in mid-March, following ‘One More Happy Ending.’

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Finally! I'm so excited now. Everyone looks awesome in the pics. Thanks a lot  @Jillia, @irilight, and @dhilamd for the pics and news. I realize there are two actors who play LJW's father and enemy in Nine. @lotus, I also like LJW's hairstyle, it fits perfectly for his CEO role. The more I look at MCW's short hair the more I like it, she looks younger and more active in that hairstyle. Things start heating up now, we can expect first teaser and the poster in a couple weeks. I guess the casts will be added more actresses since we only have 2 so far, it seems a little bit unbalanced to me. The filming process in Thailand takes longer than I thought, and thank you @evergreen for the pics there and @mulberry9 for the updates.  

And @jongski, where are you now? We have the script reading pics, let's celebrate!:D. 7 more weeks to go, fighting everyone!:lol:

"Goodbye Mr. Black" Moon Chae-won and Lee Jin-wook at the script reading

photo679157.jpg

The script reading for "Goodbye Mr. Black" with Moon Chae-won, Lee Jin-wook, Kim Kang-woo, Yoo In-yeong, Song Jae-rim, writer Moon Jeong-hee and director Han Heui was held on the 9th at the MBC Center in Seoul.

The team gathered for the first time this year and exchanged greetings with each other. The cast made the rehearsal seem very realistic and everyone was engrossed in their characters.

Moon Chae-won is attempting her first drama in 3 years in the role of Swan, a short haired woman who was abandoned in a dump in Thailand and has been earning her living around the markets. Swan is rough and is very unruly but Moon Chae-won made her bearable.

Lee Jin-wook takes on the role of UDT officer Cha Ji-won (Black) from the SEAL who dreams of taking revenge on his friend Min Seon-jae who betrayed him. Lee Jin-wook made sure to exchange eye signals with Moon Chae-won throughout the whole session.

Kim Kang-woo takes on the role of Min Seon-jae, the president of the Seon Woo Group Resort and Yoo In-yeong is his wife Yoon Ma-ri. Their charisma took over the atmosphere. Song Jae-rim takes on the role of Seo Woo-jin, an editor and owner of a small publishing company.

Jeon Gook-hwan, Choi Jeong-woo, Lee Won-jong, Jeong Dong-hwan, Lee Dae-yeon and others add weight to the drama and increases expectations.

Meanwhile, "Goodbye Mr. Black" is based on the motive of Count Montecristo about a man's strong desire for revenge. The lineup is already in the center of attention and the drama will be taken in all locations. The first episode of "Goodbye Mr. Black" can be seen in March.

Source : http://www.hancinema.net/http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201601270820239610

Thanks @Jillia for the scriptreading pic!

We've been waiting so long for it so it's great - my excitement has shot up now! Hoping MBC will release some more pics :D

Chae Won looks so adorable with the pixie haircut and Jin Wook looks so handsome. :wub: 

YeaY!! Finally we get the script reading pics. So excited for MCW's comeback drama. Yeah i agree that CW looks so cute and younger with the new haircut. It suits her.

"During the script reading, Lee Jin Wook and Moon Chae Won continued to glance at each other to build their upcoming love line."

Bring it on! let's burn our soul with the burning chemistry of Mr. Black x Swan. :wub:

18 hours ago, Jillia said:

FINALLY!!! Script reading!! :D

I'm here now. Present! Woooohhh! I have died everyday waiting for this!!!!!  YES! FINALLY! Take that! SBS! :P:D@Jillia thanks chingu :wub:

16 hours ago, lotus said:

Wow!!! Everyone looks great! So many really solid veteran actors here. No other women?? 

Mcw looks sweet impish. Ljw pleasantly surprised me with his hairdo again! Refreshing n Nice!! Wonder if this will be what it is in the drama ? I really like the neat n cropped look - navy man? It is neat like when he was the flight steward in last drama but somewhat different still. 

@lotusThey look like what exactly their characters would look like. LJW looking like Navy guy UDT ops! love the hair! MCW looks like the young feisty brash Swan! I love! Mr. Black x Swan!

14 hours ago, gangurhar said:

What an extremely talented cast! Actors who can all act amazingly well and all have such daebak visuals!

Lee Jin Wook is 6 foot 1 and Moon Chae Won is 5 foot 6.....just image how amazing their visuals are going to look together :w00t:

I am so so so excited for this drama. I am expecting to be blown away by the incredibly strong actors and actresses in this drama. 

If you aren't too familiar with LJW I'd suggest watching 9 nine times time travel. He's an amazing actor. 

And of course Chae-Won Unnie is breathtaking on the screen. I'm a weirdo who has seen all her works since I love her so much :wub:

@gangurhar

Yes, the visuals! The acting! the story! the cast! Just imagining  Black and Swan. Ooooh LJW x MCW!

And don't worry, we can be weirdo together for our favs. :D

12 hours ago, dhilamd said:

Pardon me for fangirling over this man as well:wub:

@dhilamdhe has that charm! I like his smile I'm not familiar with him so not totally fangirling.. but can be convert. Ha ha :P

12 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Ok, pardon my fangirling but Jinuk have a different aura in this

If he would follow his Samsonite recent poster photos, this gal is anticipating this drama more! 

And Chae Won's pixies , gah . Topping her character description I expect the fiesty lady unveiling. March,where are you?

@LyraYoo love ya chingu!!!!! OMG THOSE CLOSE UP PICS! LJW!  That look! It's so Mr. Black! :wub:

12 hours ago, petlover said:

Finally! I'm so excited now. Everyone looks awesome in the pics. Thanks a lot  @Jillia, @irilight, and @dhilamd for the pics and news. I realize there are two actors who play LJW's father and enemy in Nine. @lotus, I also like LJW's hairstyle, it fits perfectly for his CEO role. The more I look at MCW's short hair the more I like it, she looks younger and more active in that hairstyle. Things start heating up now, we can expect first teaser and the poster in a couple weeks. I guess the casts will be added more actresses since we only have 2 so far, it seems a little bit unbalanced to me. The filming process in Thailand takes longer than I thought, and thank you @evergreen for the pics there and @mulberry9 for the updates.  

And @jongski, where are you now? We have the script reading pics, let's celebrate!:D. 7 more weeks to go, fighting everyone!:lol:

@petlover Here I am. Woohooo! OMG!  they're starting to release photos bts. Yep, it's tarting to heat up. And we're all excited!!! This is the one I've been waiting for! Really really really really waiting for!  SBS drop this but MBC Got this. Thank you MBC! Winner! Ha ha. :D:) 

7 hours ago, nuneo0708 said:

YeaY!! Finally we get the script reading pics. So excited for MCW's comeback drama. Yeah i agree that CW looks so cute and younger with the new haircut. It suits her.

"During the script reading, Lee Jin Wook and Moon Chae Won continued to glance at each other to build their upcoming love line."

Bring it on! let's burn our soul with the burning chemistry of Mr. Black x Swan. :wub:

Ok. That's it! I need it to be March already! Ha ha. And this ain't rom -com! Thank you very much! jongski is happy :D:wub: this is suspense thriller action /  revenge /betrayal / what loyalty means/ seeking justice/ drama and love of Swan for Black. She will be like calm and comfort, when he turns weary and just had enough of all that hatred.

On 26/1/2559 at 7:54 AM, mulberry9 said:

Chaewon is heading to Phuket today until early Feb. I supposed, the whole team are heading there together. 2 days ago, they filmed scene in the airport. Our @Madamtongy went to the set location yesterday but didn't take any pics because the crews asked her not to. 

MGYMCW Fanclub also sent them food supports. For more updates, just check on their twitter/ig :)

@mulberry9 Sorry that I didn't explain clear enough. The immigration scene I refer to was set up on a location as immigration check-point at one border of Thailand. When I observed the scene, I saw one scene that CW was arguing with KTW and another scene with LJW. I think Swan is trying to sneak out of the country with Ji-won.

This is how she looks like. She wear a wig to hide her identity. (I don't know why she has to carry that juice box with her)

12565569_1030583290367418_50975841076259

Archived