[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

10 minutes ago, mulberry9 said:

Aww looks who's here. @mrdimples Welcome, chingu *hugs*

Talking about the Count of Monte Cristo.. this drama will is an adaptation from the manhwa. So, it might not exactly the same as the original novel. But if the writer is sticking to the manhwa and not to mess it up, then I think we are pretty safe (please no drama like the CITT pls) *cross fingers*

Thanks @mulberry9 chingu :) *hugs back* 

I haven't read the manhwa but I think it's pretty free up to writer to follow closely or take liberties with it. Whatever choice he/she takes, we can only hope it would be good. I doubt it would be like CITT. CITT is an unfinished webtoon and there was the issue of how the writer wanted it to end as opposed to how the drama should end. I don't ship and so it makes my watching of the drama easier. However, I think one of the biggest problem is that the drama did not stay true to the characters as they were written. It kind of warp everything as a result. For GMB, I am looking forward to well written, layered characters whose motivations and actions make sense. I don't want cardboard characters scheming and running around shooting. I like my heroes and villains smart. That's how the thrills and spills can happen, right? 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mrdimples

Welcome to the thread. I figured.. I'd see you posting either  GMB or Pied Piper thread. Both are good choices! :D I agree with heroes and villains being smart. Good drama should showcase that.

@Jillia I've not idea about CITT..(not the type I'd watch even if I like Park Hae Jin) Manwha/webtoon still the  thing when it comes to kdramaland. If done right, it good but.But good old fashioned  kdrama thriller is with original script and quality writing is essential for a drama's success. If I made sense at all :)

*edit :D

Awwwww...please, no worries about DoTS, or any other drama. GMB is going to stand on its own two proverbial feet with its head held high as long as everyone involved does their job. Honestly, I can't imagine it being a flop with the talent that has been assembled. Koreans have a very high work ethic so I have confidence in the final outcome. 

Personally, I'm happy for DoTS success. It's enjoyable to watch even though it's a *cough cough* romantic melodrama. Even if GMB has to wait until DoTS is over before seeing its ratings spike, so be it, because GMB will still have 3 more weeks to air without the so-called competition. It should be able to finish with a respectable rating. 

I trust Moon Chae Won's choice when it comes to successful projects.

Regardless of the ratings, what set Goodbye Mr. Black apart will be a solid plot and great acting from the cast.

The trailer is intense and action-packed. I hope that Goodbye Mr. Black will be well-received when it airs.

Annyeong and I see some Pretty faces already :lol:

2016030101000004600179491.jpg

Source: http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201603010100000460017949&ServiceDate=20160229

Im not sure how active I can be here but def looking forward to MCW and LJW pairing. The teasers looks promising  airing 16 Mar replacing my current fav drama .. No Im NOT ready to move on as yet. wailing-leaf-emoticon.gif?1292794626

BTW whilst watching previous OMHE eps live Ive noticed that they are already showing the teasers in the ads.  Rest assured that there is much promos happening over in Korea. ;)

Edit- One more

20160229001117397_1.jpg

12 hours ago, jongski said:

Welcome to the thread. I figured.. I'd see you posting either  GMB or Pied Piper thread. Both are good choices!

I'll definitely check these two dramas but not sure about posting. I am a lazy soompier ;) I rarely post in drama threads unless it's a drama which has lots to discuss about or that guy in my profile is starring in it. I popped in after reading much about the 'battle' among the 3 dramas - Dots, CBM and GMB. I am more inclined towards the latter two. I tend towards talking about writing, story and gush about acting. I am also curious as to how the closely watched ratings battle will pan out. From the looks of it, CBM and GMB have a different target audience from Dots. I watched CBM and realized it's not just comedy. I just kinda wish GMB can start earlier. 

Hi everyone!

Just letting you know that VIKI has JUST licensed Goodbye Mr. Black :)

Official Channel: https://www.viki.com/tv/28665c-goodbye-mr-black

VIKI TEAM: BLACK Is Back Team

LICENSED REGIONS:

The Americas, France, Germany, UK & QCs Access Allowed (*)

(*) VIKI PASS members in the licensed regions will have  access as soon as it airs on March 16th.

J4KlVo0.png

@dango2 She cut it for real. specially cut it for GMB :)

And I think it is a right decision. Her hairstyle fits the character description really well.

@Jillia-chingu.. yeah. It's unreasonable..not to mention, unfair to compare big budget production drama with smaller scale one like GMB. Like others have said, a good drama doesn't necessarily measured by how big the budget is. There are times that smaller production with low budget makes good dramas. Let's pray for the best. I keep on praying that both the writer and PD will improves by leaps and bound from their previous dramas.

@jeonghyang Thank you?? Lols. Yummy.. *kidnaps him right away*

@mulberry9 Oh really. Thanks for letting me know. :)

MCW somehow suits the short hair cut and I guess it really fits her character.  

@marykarmelina  thanks for telling us the good news.

I am glad that viki can sub this drama, which means I can watch it right when it airs. :wub:

Posted on February 28, 2016 by ockoala

tao.jpg

Last week’s premieres of the highly anticipated Wed-Thurs dramas Descendants of the Sunand Please Come Back Ahjusshi was off to a good start, but not at the level of astronomical ratings that latecomer competition Goodbye Mr. Black doesn’t have a chance to succeed when it premieres soon. I feel like having three good dramas doesn’t necessarily steal ratings away from each other inasmuch as it may actually increase the size of the pie in total by bringing in more viewers, some of which may not be watching K-dramas on TV much anymore. Mr. Black released official new stills of the two leads Moon Chae Won and Lee Jin Wook, looking extra perfect in their respective characters of an optimistic tomboy and a soon-to-be betrayed military officer. The background of Moon Chae Won’s stills above appear to be from the overseas portion shot in Thailand, which brings back goodwill feels from when Time Between Dog and Wolf filmed there.

tao1.jpg

Directing Goodbye Mr. Black is PD Han Hee who helmed Empress Ki, Dr. Jin, and Super Rookie, and screenwriter Moon Hee Jung is loosely adapting the source manhwa, and her previous works include Glorious Day, Missing You, Can You Hear My Heart, Smile, You,The Last Scandal of My Life, and Tree of Life. The drama premieres in three weeks on March 16th.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/02/28/a-cheerful-tomboy-and-a-gentleman-officer-in-new-stills-from-goodbye-mr-black/#more-73279

@Jillia It is not yet confirmed to be ONLY 16 episodes. My guess is that if the drama gets positive response, it may be extended to 20 episodes. I have been checking several sites and there are ones that show it will have 16 eps and others that show 20 eps. The next drama following Goodbye Mr. Black is Lucky Romance (Unppal romance webtoon)  Since it is based on a webtoon, it might take them longer time to cast and film it so Goodbye Mr. Black could end up being extended to 20 episodes in the end :) Let's wait a bit for confirmed news about it.

another article

‘Goodbye Mr. Black’ drops new stills

of Moon Chae Won

Feb 29, 2016
74468-399313-696x1155.jpg

Upcoming MBC TV Wed-Thu drama ‘Goodbye Mr. Black’ which will premiere in mid-March, has today released new stills of lead actress Moon Chae Won.

This makes Moon Chae Won’s small screen return after a 3 years hiatus. In the stills, she is seen posing against the background of lush greenery, while waving towards the camera with either a smile on her face, and mischievously sticking her tongue out. With her short hair and glistening fair skin, Moon Chae Won looked especially energetic with her big eyes.

Moon Chae will play Kim Swan who is bright and positive. Swan accepts all jobs that come her way as long as it earns her money, and always has a smile when it comes to life.

The production team said, “Kim Swan is a woman who has lived in Thailand all this while, please look forward to Moon Chae Won’s performance.”

‘Goodbye Mr. Black’ is adapted from the same-name manhwa by Hwang Mi Na, which was motivated by French author Alexandre Dumas’s novel ‘The Count of Monte Cristo.’ The drama will tell the revenge story of a man who was betrayed, and stars Lee Jin Wook, Moon Chae Won, Kim Kang Woo, Song Jae Rim, Yoo In Young, and many others. ‘Goodbye Mr. Black’ will premiere on March 16th, following ‘Happy Once Again.’

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Archived