[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

@LyraYoo - can't agree more with you. Tvn nine is one drama that was cold almost at start before it became hot and continue till today for those who discovered the gem as far I can gather from online comments. 

If the Local viewers don't take to GMB , n going by what the current competition is ( I hear 20%) let us support it strongly online and give constructive comments to the whole crew. I don't think we are blind loyalists but we are a very discerning group, right  everyone?? 

Or motto : Black is back with Vengence! 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for keeping us updated. I'm just really hoping that the script is good. That's my 1st criteria in choosing dramas these days, then acting then directing. Nowadays I feel like dramas fall apart because the writing falters. I don't need it to beat DOTS in ratings . Just hoping that it'll be  good quality drama that I can enjoy for its own merit. 

I've been watching signal these days which involves time to I need to carry on watching LJW's nine because I heard the time-travel aspect's really good in it. :)

@evergreen I think we can trust MCW. She has always been smart in selecting good scripts. Maybe that's why it took her 3 years after her last drama Good Doctor to make her come back. Let us cross our fingers and hope that GMB will be a success. :)

1 hour ago, skyangel said:

@evergreen I think we can trust MCW. She has always been smart in selecting good scripts. Maybe that's why it took her 3 years after her last drama Good Doctor to make her come back. Let us cross our fingers and hope that GMB will be a success. :)

100% agree with you. Just enjoy our Chae Wonnnie

@jongski Do watch Nine, I don't think you'll be disappointed! 

@lotus I agree, we are a discerning bunch. :D I had to unfollow another drama's thread because there was mostly squeeing and photo repetition (like, same photos posted 5 times by different people) and all of it going hundreds of miles per hour. LOL I do not begrudge anyone their squee factor nor would deny them their right to squee to their heart's content, but the script is just ... well, suffice it to say, great on romance but lacking substance in other areas. 

3 hours ago, Ginaaaa said:

@jongski Do watch Nine, I don't think you'll be disappointed! 

@lotus I agree, we are a discerning bunch. :D I had to unfollow another drama's thread because there was mostly squeeing and photo repetition (like, same photos posted 5 times by different people) and all of it going hundreds of miles per hour. LOL I do not begrudge anyone their squee factor nor would deny them their right to squee to their heart's content, but the script is just ... well, suffice it to say, great on romance but lacking substance in other areas. 

@Ginaaaa yep  I'm gonna  watch that next week. Oh and since I'm not familiar with SJR..also gonna watch his previous drama :)

@LyraYoo @Jillia  our big thanks for photo editing, translating teasers so we can be updated. Oh I see my  favorite Black revenge...quote again. Love  that! So much anticipation for GMB. :) 

"Sin is caused by greed and death is caused by birth."

Interesting play on the Biblical principle that the wages of sin is death. And of course, man is born into sin because of the choice made by Adam. And the choice was not given to man by the devil. The right to choose was given by the Almighty --- free will.

oooooooh, I hope the script lives up to this promise!! I love digging into deep things. Please, may this script be deep!

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

Descriptions for the people surrounding Min Seon Jae

Baek Eun Do | Jun Guk Hwan

President of SunWoo Distribution, part of SunWoo Group

Master of schemes who is cold and greedy and the axis of evil!

Because he doesn't believe in people but in the desire for money and power. This man is doomed to betray. When there are people who need something he will find out their weakness and after exploiting them they get eliminated. And with how he handles things without any mercy he has the potential of a devil.

Seo Jin Tak | Choi Jung Woo

Woo Jin's father / Vice-president of SunWoo Constructions, part of SunWoo group

Opportunist. Depending on the situation he walks the tightrope like Batman, he has no human ability and has a lot of greed. He natually ignores injustice to secure his own safety. His only son (Seo Woo Jin) turned his back on him and now he hopes father and son can get back together when he takes over SunWoo Group. [만년 3인자 신세지만] He holds a hidden card to overturn the board.

Yoon Jae Min | Lee Jae Yong

former head of Navy SEALs and commander of operations

Soldier to the bone. For 30 years living a military life the people of his homeland was his top priority. And after being promoted to rank 2 he was transferred to the Navy SEALs and made the commander of operations. With his high integrity and incorruptible personality he is able to have profound insights and the ability to notice talented people.

It does sound like Baek Eun Do and Seo Jin Tak are Danglars and Villefort respectively. KKW's character seems to be Fernand and he will be brilliant. YIY will be wonderful as Mercedes. MCW is a perfect fit as Haydee.

Yoon Jae Min feels to me to be playing Pierre Morrel. 

I'm going to put the audiobook on when I get the time. I'd really love to read the novel again.

3 hours ago, Ginaaaa said:

"Sin is caused by greed and death is caused by birth."

Interesting play on the Biblical principle that the wages of sin is death. And of course, man is born into sin because of the choice made by Adam. And the choice was not given to man by the devil. The right to choose was given by the Almighty --- free will.

oooooooh, I hope the script lives up to this promise!! I love digging into deep things. Please, may this script be deep!

CofMC contains a whole range of Christian themes. (Forgiveness, sin, redemption) Dantes certainly sees himself as some kind of agent of God. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the show is even taking it that far. It does bode well on so many levels. 

Thanks to all who are familiar with comc in sharing with us your views on the drama n comc,

This drama is based on the manhwa which takes reference from comc. The manhwa may have further adaptations. Based on cmments here, characters seem to be very close to novel so far but we don't know of the manhwa.

Song Jae Rim talks about his 'Goodbye Mister Black' character with 'Grazia'

By beansss    2 hours ago    3,623    0    0
song-jae-rim_1457067776_af_org.jpgActor Song Jae Rim met with 'Grazia' for a sharp, classy pictorial. 

During his interview, the actor talked about his role on the upcoming MBC drama 'Goodbye Mister Black'. He shared, "Seo Woo Jin is a character who is both hot-tempered and sly. He's elite, but there are times when he's clumsy, which drew me to his character." 

The actor also relayed what he found most difficult about acting and more in the full interview, which can be found in the March issue of 'Grazia'. How do you like his style?

song-jae-rim_1457067802_76819551.2_99_20

song-jae-rim_1457067805_76819552.2_99_20

cr allkpop

Hi all..just wanna say I'm gonna be MIA for 2 weeks tops cause I broke my phone..Don't know why, maybe it caught a cold in Korea.lol.Thanks for all the updates 

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤ 3rd Teaser p.68 ♤ D-12 ♤

Archived