[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

2 hours ago, louisawatson said:

my theory is that that's our last case. in drama, we definitely knows that PHY's brother's case happened BEFORE Kim Yoon Jung's case.

more importantly, during LJH's Kim Yoon Jung's case we can assume that BOTH LJH and PHY were killed. future PHY was killed first and 2015 PHY answered walkie-talkie. then soon after, 2000 LJH was killed and past LJH answered walkie-talkie. 

our last case must be Kim Yoong Jung's case during 2000 LJH's time. despite we already know the culprit and how it will turn out. we never know for sure because past can change. besides we have BOTH LJH and PHY's murder cases to prevent. (if we assume that PHY's timeline is also repeating itself with same time schedule as current 2015) we have 4 people to save. (Kimg Yoon Jung, culprit's boyfriend, LJH, PHY) It will be a race against time case that won't make viewers bored.

Yes I'm quite agree with you, and don't forget another one CSH also saved. I love this drama, because it make me to think about the plot whether it's right or wrong. I am waiting for the next episode.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@louisawatson Your idea was reall interesting. Yet I think, there is another possibility, LJH changed the past that affected PHY's life. Because LJH changed the past, the new timeline created a new PHY who would know nothing about LJH! To conclude, the PHY we saw in the first episode was the result from changing the past so that he wouldn't remember his connection with LJH!  

hmmm, but LJH knew future PHY not long ago before LJH was killed. it wasn't like LJH couldn't talk to him for last 5 years. LJH talked like it didn't have been long since he last talked with future PHY. LJH couldn't have done much at that short time that changes PHY's own life that dramatically.

that walkie-talkie is magical and those, who hold it and know about it, remember the change. that's the point. and there are two people who are affected by it. and they are holding the SAME walkie-talkie. i think it's logical that the walkie-talkie should affect the two people in same way. both stay remembering the change. if both die, both repeat the timeline restarting from when they first got the magical transmission from the SAME walkie-talkie.

@louisawatson You might be right about PHY's death. However, we saw that small changed events like giving the tazer or going somewhere can affect and change the future so that PHY didn't notice the changes and forgot his connection to LJH! If PHY dies before, how come that he could give LJH the clue about the mental hospital? If he is dead, he can't be there in 2015 finding the talkie-walkie!

51 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@louisawatson You might be right about PHY's death. However, we saw that small changed events like giving the tazer or going somewhere can affect and change the future so that PHY didn't notice the changes and forgot his connection to LJH! If PHY dies before, how come that he could give LJH the clue about the mental hospital? If he is dead, he can't be there in 2015 finding the talkie-walkie!

i understand that change can happen, but if your theory is correct, then it's more likely that PHY never have received the magical transmission. 

2000 LJH's told 2015 PHY that "You told me the hospital is where the dead body is." "Why did you tell me not to come to the hospital?"

how did future PHY knew all that? 2000 LJH didn't know. and 2015 PHY didn't know either. but if they both repeat their own timelines, future PHY could have figured it out where the dead body is. just like this current 2015 PHY would know 'where the dead body is and that's also where LJH would die' to 2000 LJH when their time comes. 

they are repeating each of their own timelines so much to the point that the whole linear timeline almost became time paradox with few differences.

just like you mentioned! FUTURE PHY DIED AFTER HE MENTIONED HOSPITAL TO 2000 LJH! then after 2000 LJH went to the hospital, 2015 PHY answered. PHY that 2000 LJH was talking to at first is FUTURE PHY which means CURRENT 2015 PHY IS PHY'S PAST SELF.

FUTURE PHY is probably future 2015 (Dec) PHY or early (Jan) 2016 PHY (if we assume that current PHY's time schedule is always the same when he repeats his own timeline.)

current PHY is Oct 2015

안녕하세요, 반갑습니다. 한국사람인 안녕하십니까 입니다.

시그널을 보기 좋아해서 이 싸이트에 가입하게 됬습니다.

인스타그램 하나 가져왔는데요. 한번 보시죠.

hi nice to meet you :) i am a korean annyeonghasibnika(안녕하십니까)

i like watching signal so i joined this site :)

i bring an instargram. take a look,

translation

in the picture,

cha soo hyeoon is always together~

(차수현은 늘 함께입니다.)

its a friday morning of # spring rain falling.

( #봄비 내리는 금요일 아침입니다 )

tokmo food truck gave delicious #snacks to #shoot place of # signal. its 3rd flour based food which actor kim hye soo is on for hard-working staffs.  #staffs ate them so deliciously that we will be fool even if we dont have meals today. i wish they have fresh today as they ate the # tokpokki. cheer up actor kim he soo and signal team~ team tokmo truck will always cheer up~

#kim hye soo # signal # snacks car # tokmo food truck # flour based foods car # night eating car# food truck # celebrity support# # tokmo truck# fall into tokmo # tokmo # tokmo food truck the 726th delicious story <signal> actor kim hye soo

@plappi Thank you so much for the BTS of LJH distributing coffee to the police... as well as news of the new OST! Can't wait! I am really hoping that they will release the instrumental soundtrack as well... moody, emotional, suspenseful... really reminiscent of Missing Noir M's OST.

@annyeonghasibnika Welcome to the thread and thank you for sharing your translations. Do continue to join us and share your insights! :) 

Signal tonight! Can't wait!

Need to read a few pages back before today's episode aired huhuhuhu I miss you guys!!!

OST Part 3 will be sung by Jeong Cheo Sik titled 'I'm Yours'. It will be realeased today midnight. The original song is sung by Shin Jeong Hyun

So happy Son Hyun Jo is going to appear on today's episode as cameo. The article I read is written that he will be taking a role as parliamentarian named Jang Young Cheol. He is reportedly involved with today's case. I think he might be the real culprit's dad or dunno.......

201602121059775975_56bd3da3f294d.jpg

It's friday and I rise again from my ashes like the phoenix! :D

@louisawatson I like your insigths and theories but I'm a bit confused as to why you seem so convinced that future PHY is dead/going to die?

@liddi Talking about Missing Noir M, I can't help thinking "What would Gil Soo-hyun do?" whenever they mention the missing case of LJH. :D

@plappi Achiara is my tumblr blog actually and as much as I want to take credit for that beautiful gifset, alas it is not mine. It'd be great if you could edit your post and give credit to its rightful owner, that is k-is-for-korea. Unless tagged as "mine", most of the posts there are just a reblog ^_^

My advice for fans of Signal is to not to tie yourselves up in knots over the mechanism of the temporal device. Just allow yourself to enjoy the way the two men help each other with the case at hand. ;) As someone has said, so far it's a magic walkie talkie that turns on and off at various times when help is needed. If you're familiar with the Narnia Chronicles by CS Lewis, you'll know that the way travellers from our world make their way to Narnia at various times when they're needed for a task. In a real enough way, they travel back and forth in time. The means vary: The wardrobe, magic rings, a magic picture with a ship in it (Dawn Treader) then Susan's horn (Prince Caspian). Visitors from our world go to Narnia, spend long periods of time there and then return back to our world roughly about the same time they left it. One or two years may pass in our world but when someone goes back to Narnia, a decade or even a couple of hundred years may have passed.

I think a similar sort of thing is going on here.  PHY is the constant for us. He is our present and future. But when contact is made with Det Lee, years have already passed for him. The time is not the key thing here. The cases are. They are both using knowledge from our time (scientific advancements, new investigative techniques etc), to expedite cases in the past and perhaps change the results in the near or far future. Obviously some events are fait accompli as we saw in the earlier episodes, others are not. Especially being able to catch culprit years after the event.

3 hours ago, eunsuhae said:

@plappi Achiara is my tumblr blog actually and as much as I want to take credit for that beautiful gifset, alas it is not mine. It'd be great if you could edit your post and give credit to its rightful owner, that is k-is-for-korea. Unless tagged as "mine", most of the posts there are just a reblog ^_^

Really? I wonder why I can't see that it reblogged? Perhaps, need open a post in a separate page, and if from total feed - reblog not visible. Never mind.

I apologize to you both. I edit posts )))

Archived