[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

7 hours ago, mdj101 said:

@Lmangla --- You should hear Hyun Woo "anti-love/marriage" rant in the very first couple minutes of Episode 2 --- Which played right after  @a15t3's MV (if you "click" into Youtube to watch).   Hyun Woo says "Those who marry for love, die from resentment."   I posted the YT video, instead of writing it out.  But try to watch soon --- my posted YT videos seem to "go to black" after a period of time!  JE teases him about his dating history.

Reveal hidden contents

Hyun Woo talking against marriage and love, etc.  ---all  in the first  2 minutes! ---  

Those who marry for love, die from resentment .... love itself is not the only aspect to form a steady solid marriage.  When two people live together, the passionate love they have will slowly turn into kind of affection and care. The attachment grows differently, the love we used to have only for two now expands to family of two, mostly for Asian couples. So.. well :)

• Like 12

3 hours ago, irilight said:

We have laughed, agonized, disagreed, and shared; We were angry, and sad;  We loved, and forgave - just like in this drama. We have been a family, touching each other hearts.

I will miss this thread and all of you, dearly.

I hope we meet again on other Soompi threads, and possibly in the future in another thread for scriptwriternim Bae Yoo-Mi and/or drama with our favorite actors/actresses from this drama.

Thank you all for your contributions, kindness, and generosity.  Also thank you all lurkers who also took interest in this drama.

Lets remember to thank Viki for bringing us this drama and subbing it for us. They did a great job!

Heartness to all

Thank you @irilight for creating room to form a family of IHAL.  It's good to get together all lovely souls here :).  Let's meet up in another thread, another love :P  thank you all!

• Like 11

Unfortunately, I cannot view your videos @a15t3.  It appears to be blocked on YT. (both the ones on 719 and pg. 720)

On 3/1/2016 at 11:49 PM, lover7 said:

I like the final DHK (with the wisdom, charisma of the original, elegant, gentle minus the coldness).The real DKYI cannot matched JE. DKYI is not gentle, very harsh and clumsy and lack of elegant , only jolly. The final DHG has all the blend of balance after serving 1 year jail with concern for people.

I agree with you, @lover7. I also think that this was the message all along, regardless of the path taken to get there. I love the way you put it, the growth and evolution of HG's character.

@dhelovely, Thank you very much for the instagram photos and highlights of KHY's  message, and JJH' message. 

It is hard for us to detach ourselves from a drama we loved. I can hardly imagine the actors; Especially, as KHJ' as she stated played 2 roles.!

I love JJH's statement:  "I will be always an endeavoring actor. Please cheer me up."   Of course,that is why we appreciate him so much as an actor.

On 3/1/2016 at 1:03 AM, gerrytan8063 said:

" It, sounds to me like an enchanted life to be covering East Asia and Asia Pacific."

I beg to differ

ahhh  @gerrytan8063. A case of the grass is always greener for me, but I understand.  I traveled a lot on my job too, and people thought I was so lucky. After a while, one gets tired of it..

@mym999, Welcome to IHAL thread. wow. This is quite a marathon you did.!

On 3/1/2016 at 2:17 AM, lclarakl said:

That line can't encompass the overall theme of the entire 50 episode drama.....

That's why from what I've read, it just seems to be a rambling and very hodgepodge.

But by your own admission, earlier on the thread, you have not watched most of the 2nd half of the drama, except for bits and pieces, nor did you watch the last episode. Also, as you point out on your 2nd post, your opinion is not based on having watched the drama, but on what you have read.  Most of us on the thread, have followed the path of JE-HG life after they meet again for many episodes now.  But of course, it is your choice.  It feels as if you are still "stuck" there in the beginning, with the break up of the marriage in the first 10 episodes, and basing your opinions on those episodes -  while both JE and HG have moved on, as have most of us on the thread. I am not "invested" in you or any one else "liking" this drama;  I was only trying to share with you some of the beauty in it. Maybe some day you can open your heart to it.

On 3/1/2016 at 2:30 AM, lover7 said:

. Love is patience, love does not easily get angry, loves is kind, loves does not record wrong doing, loves bear all and love forgives.

Thank you @lover7, for sharing with us your story. I am touched by it, and your conclusion in the line above...

On 3/1/2016 at 5:00 AM, Kfan7172 said:

For me this was a drama about the journey of HK - her efforts to atone for and correct her previous life's mistakes and HER well deserved second chance and RESET in life as a warm and caring woman.  The writer did a wonderful job in showing the manner/reasons in which HKs growth occurred.

Beautifully expressed, @Kfan7172.   I agree. Also there would have been no real new connection with JE, if not for her growth. Also, I think that in the beginning both of them took each other for granted (maybe not at the same time - when she took notice, he was already "gone" emotionally).

On 3/1/2016 at 5:13 AM, juntan said:

In the case of this, the writer chose ES's death as their breaking point.

I agree with you, @juntan. I also think the writer may have chosen that event - ES' death, because after that - neither HG nor JE are in their "right" state of mind so to speak.  They have already tipped off balance with the anguish and the rage. It is when they are in this fragile state of heart and mind, that they make their final decisions that bring about the break of the marriage. I think the writer shows us that there was an extra-ordinary event that brought it about.

On 3/1/2016 at 6:30 AM, airgelaal said:

My thoughts. It seems like writer was told, that they will have only 40 episodes.

Oh, I did not know that. Thank you for pointing that out, @airgelaal. I actually probably would have liked it better as a 40-episode drama. But that does explain a lot!

On 3/1/2016 at 8:02 AM, ihyw said:

Of course it was our hero HG doing the voice over--this really was her drama as people have said.  She forgives MH, SR, JE, the son of Mido Pharmaceuticals who threatens her, and most importantly, herself.   Was interesting to me, too, that most of the women in the drama, HG, SR, SH, even JR, soften--they don't weaken--and become more loving and considerate of everyone, including themselves. That's a terrific message for anyone.

I was so touched reading your post, @ihyw.  I was so tearing watching ep. 50 too, and will re-watch it. What a beautiful observation how HK forgives everyone, and in that process, she can also forgive herself. And also how most women in the drama softened. Also the observation of BS' father and his influence on his son vs. HK - no father, and JE- ruthless father with little contact with his son. I am glad you came back to post final words..

ahhhh... @a15t3, I was able to watch the video on page 722... Thank you so much for it.. I loved it... I cried again with the scene of JE watching HK going on that bus to prison. What from JJH acting with so much emotion in those facial expressions!

Img0404_20160101020742_5.jpg

Img0404_20160101020828_1.jpg

Img0404_20160101020828_8.jpg

More later....

• Like 16

12 hours ago, Kehinde said:

I feel that mine will last at least another 6 months and I've watched Ep.50 for nth time:) It was so beautiful and it doesn't hurt that those kisses were smoking hot:wub: They were probably the best kisses I've seen in k-drama. I usually see those kinds on US television.

When I watched ep.50 with subs for the first time and JE was outside the gate saying that he was sorry, I knew that he was talking about the affair. When they were arguing at the table and HK blurted it out, he seemed hurt and the words stung because he knew that was the worst thing he did in the past. In the bedroom, HK knew how much her words hurt him because she quickly apologies for mentioning the affair because they were trying and finally moving past that event. And like you said, when in the bedroom, she told him to forget what she blurted out and said the same thing outside by the gate. So I would say that the kiss to silence him was good move because JE would have kept saying he was wrong.

P.S. @lover7 I absolutely love your posts

You are quicker than I:D

I find the lines and expressions in their making up scene in their bedroom cute.  When JE said,"Don't come here" HG turned her bead towards him (because she thought JE was still angry at her) .  She thought he was doing pull and push again, but JE said to her,"I'll go there...":wub:

I agree.  He seemed hurt and the words stung because he knew that was the worst thing he did in the past.  The words were stuck in his head for a while and by the gate, he repeatedly said he was wrong.  

I like the fact that JE didn't blame HG for blurting out his past mistakes (it is very understandable if he did), instead he admitted how wrong he was and apologized.  It's a good lesson for us in any relationship and especially couples, I'd say.  We don't need to get defensive, but humbly admit we are wrong.  

• Like 15

44 minutes ago, irilight said:

ahhhh... @a15t3, I was able to watch the video on page 722... Thank you so much for it.. I loved it... I cried again with the scene of JE watching HK going on that bus to prison. What from JJH acting with so much emotion in those facial expressions!

Thanks for notifying me, @irilight.  Suppose you are in the US as well?  Then you should be able watching all those MVs blocked by SBS ;)  That scene on page 722 is to capture the sad moments of IHAL.  Will come back with sweet scenes as I've promised, while OST of Ryu has been posted earlier too :)

• Like 7

@mdj101

"Thank you so much for clearing up the meaning of "aein", plus the other relationship terms.  "Sweetheart', for example, sounds more like a term I would imagine hearing couples call each other in a TV drama!.....It was strange imagining very modest, refined men & women going around using a rather "suggestive" word  --- at least, it is to my "ear"."

Since we are at the glossary 

I will like to highlight the definition word "Dangshin" (당신, 當身 ) which literally means "You", that can be use as formal or informal, the other definition of the word "Dangshin" is an endearment term similar to "Dear" where spouse address each other as JE address HK in that manner. In Japanese, it will be similiar to the word "anata ( あなた ,貴方), but this address is mostly use by middle-age or older spouses 

As to meaning of "You" in Korean Dangshin (당신) or Japanese (anta, あんた) in other context is sometimes express in contempt, although the formal is Dangshin Eun ( 당신 ), grammatically correct but seldom use

You may often hear the word Dangshin (당신) often an awful lot when watching korean dramas usually 9 out of 10 times, the word Dangshin ( 당신) is being used right before a fight, quarrel or during one, & even usually during an argument between spouse depending on the tonation

Unless you are using Dangshin as an endearment term, it is usually seen as extraordinary blunt or a rude way of calling someone "You" that you do not use the word in civil conversation to someone that you are not cordial with or worst, first time meeting the person which you may likely end up in fisticuffs

The other endearment term Yeobo (여보, 如寶, literally my precious) which is similar to word "Darling", although many married couple might translate the word Yeobo (여보) as to mean "Look here" (to attract attention to someone who is daydreaming) as similar to Korean answering their phone "Yeoboseyo' ( 여보세요, as to equivalent to Hello)

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@mdj101

"Thank you so much for clearing up the meaning of "aein", plus the other relationship terms.  "Sweetheart', for example, sounds more like a term I would imagine hearing couples call each other in a TV drama!.....It was strange imagining very modest, refined men & women going around using a rather "suggestive" word  --- at least, it is to my "ear"."

Since we are at the glossary 

I will like to highlight the definition word "Dangshin" (당신) which literally means "You", that can be use as formal or informal, the other definition of the word "Dangshin" is an endearment term similar to "Dear" where spouse address each other as JE address HK in that manner. In Japanese, it will be similiar to the word "anata ( あなた ,貴方), but this address is mostly use by middle-age or older spouses 

As to meaning of "You" in Korean Dangshin (당신) or Japanese (anta, あんた) in other context is sometimes express in contempt, although the formal is Dangshin Eun ( 당신 ), grammatically correct but seldom use

You may often hear the word Dangshin (당신) often an awful lot when watching korean dramas usually 9 out of 10 times, the word Dangshin ( 당신) is being used right before a fight, quarrel or during one, & even usually during an argument between spouse depending on the tonation

Unless you are using Dangshin as an endearment term, it is usually seen as extraordinary blunt or a rude way of calling someone "You" that you do not use the word in civil conversation to someone that you are not cordial with or worst, first time meeting the person which you may likely end up in fisticuffs

The other endearment term Yeobo (여보, 如寶, literally my precious) which is similar to word "Darling", although many married couple might translate the word Yeobo (여보) as to mean "Look here" (to attract attention to someone who is daydreaming) as similar to Korean answering their phone "Yeoboseyo' ( 여보세요, as to equivalent to Hello)

I feel like to search all your post, @gerrytan8063, compile and save them as language reference.  It is very nice of you to share this.  Thank you :)

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@a15t3

Feel free to search my posts....I seldom do language reference unless they are saying or idioms

I usually give more Korean historical insights & Korean culture is mainly on their cuisine & locations

Will do, @gerrytan8063 - I left this forum quite some time and came back just recently.  I found your posts contain useful insight, so it's good to keep as reference (I remove *language).  You are very high D type :)

• Like 6

Another glossary lesson

Anae (아내) a native Korean term for wife, the other Korean native word is "Manura"  (마누라,  often hear in historical dramas) 

There are other Sino Korean terms as well for wife

Cheo ( 처,妻, often use as 3rd party reference, so & so wife) 

Buin (부인,婦人) 

Then we have the Konglish (Korean+English mix match)

Waipeu ( 와이프, wife)

• Like 15

writer BAE use a lot of quotable quotes in this drama including poems:

here is my first compilation on ep.1 which said by YK...JE and SH.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It take a savage to catch a savage.You crush a dream with a dream......by YK to halmoni.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your wish sounds like just noise to me. Instead of my heart beating,I get the chills.....JE to DHK after the cicada incident.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beautiful flowers! You have blossom for all to see. Like the sunlight, like the starlight, shining brightly and softly. In a veil of iridescent clouds, I yearned for you.......SH recite when she's cleaning her scepter winning the MISS KOREA.

MONOGAMOUS SEX LEADS TO GROUNDLESS RESENTMENT....said by SH when she first ask to MH for divorce.

add some more later.......

• Like 12

13 hours ago, irilight said:

But by your own admission, earlier on the thread, you have not watched most of the 2nd half of the drama, except for bits and pieces, nor did you watch the last episode. Also, as you point out on your 2nd post, your opinion is not based on having watched the drama, but on what you have read.  Most of us on the thread, have followed the path of JE-HG life after they meet again for many episodes now.  But of course, it is your choice.  It feels as if you are still "stuck" there in the beginning, with the break up of the marriage in the first 10 episodes, and basing your opinions on those episodes -  while both JE and HG have moved on, as have most of us on the thread. I am not "invested" in you or any one else "liking" this drama;  I was only trying to share with you some of the beauty in it. Maybe some day you can open your heart to it.

@irilight, My opinion is based on what I've watched up to about 32 episodes and a few after that. However what I've read is by the people who have "stuck" with this drama, continued to show the pattern had not changed. You probably should go back and read some of the comments  on this thread by people who "loved it".  "Stuck" in the first 10 episodes? No, more like expecting to see the development from the groundwork laid in the first 9 episodes. You can't gage growth unless you know where they started. I actually question why the write in later episodes said things that that were clearly a contradiction of others. The first 9 episodes set the groundwork; however, the 9 episodes could have been excluded from this drama because the writer acted like they didn't exist. Even in the later episodes after 32 when I randomly watched scenes and finally called it quits, the writer appeared to have ran out of material and appeared to be in the "I love you so much, that I have to sacrifice my happiness for you" syndrome. The characters constantly said things that really didn't mean anything...it would be like they never said it in the next episode. 

This is beautiful to you and others and that's fine, but it's not to me because it truly didn't realistically deal with their problems--It avoided them. One line spoken in a drama doesn't resolve what takes much effort. Having had parents that went through this very real life experience of losing a child, affair, divorce, and reconciliation to friendship, it is very clear the writer didn't know how to truly address this topic so she skimmed the surface and let HG appear unaffected by it. When you sincerely love someone, there is going to be grief experienced by the party that was betrayed. Coming to grips with those emotions is how you build a relationship. 

Again, glad you loved and thought it was beautiful, but there are others like me who didn't.  This drama decreased in ratings, especially in the last 10 episodes because the storyline just wasn't engaging, it became a typical drama. This drama had solid actors,a solid beginning, just not a solid storyline or development of characters. For those that enjoyed, I'm happy for you and you can add it to your watch agains list. As for me, I have no desire to ever watch this again.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, mdj101 said:

Hyun Woo says "Those who marry for love, die from resentment."

interesting choice of words no? why resentment? can understand disappointment from inflated expectations. but why would someone feel wronged or offended if they marry for love... can someone explain the thought process behind such a line? :huh:

• Like 12

9 hours ago, irilight said:

@Lmangla, I always love, and am grateful to your thought provoking questions. The one that stays with me most from this drama, including everyone's answers was what does forgiveness mean to each one of us.

awwww... thanks @irilight -- makes my day. :wub: but the best part of asking a question is when folks answer with very interesting, thought provoking answers and that was certainly this thread. thanks for taking the time to mention everyone and moderating the group so well over the last 6 months. fishing1-smiley-face.gif?1302011362

• Like 11

Guest lenet
4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

interesting choice of words no? why resentment? can understand disappointment from inflated expectations. but why would someone feel wronged or offended if they marry for love... can someone explain the thought process behind such a line? :huh:

This is my guess :  in Kdrama, seems parents want to decide marriage for their children and usually marriages are arranged for benefits such as business relations, status, wealth and such.  So though there may not be love but life is comfortably easy.  Couples who married for love may be blissful at first until reality sets in. Later they find problems arise due to lack of money, poor relatives, lack of ambition and such so they grew to resent each other for failings which they did not consider initially.

March 3, 20 10:30 AM EST.

Hi, Guys!

I'm about to rush out to a dental appointment. But so hard to break this "forum habit" --- I'm sure you  all understand, too.   See so many great posts (p.724) but will read them later.

I watched an episode of the drama, "Glamorous Temptation", while having my cup of coffee.  Love it for the actors, the costumes (clothes!), sets (the house is amazing!), all the set accessories, ----ALL the "extras".    "Eye Candy!!!"  And really enjoy seeing the actors do "makjang" drama  --- and they give it all they've got!  And this cast is full of talented actors.   The Plot---Not so great!

Remember Jin Eon's "weasel" secretary --- sits at the desk outside his office, right?  Wonderful "character actor", Jang Won Young (Looked him up in cast list).Steady working actor --- I rarely know their names, but see them with pleasure in many shows.  Working in the media visuals are important.  That's the reality.  I 'm always curious how they find their satisfaction during their careers

So it was fun to see this actor finally playing a role that is a "lead, romantic, admirable hero" ---or at least, "a good 2nd leading man" type in "GT". If you'd like to "compare & contrast",take a fast peep at "Glamorous Temptation" (on Viki), Epi. 39 & start at 20:19 min. --- "Father" gets a background report on the guy his "crazy, wild, but good" daughter is dating.   NOT A WEASEL!

Sorry! --- Gotta run.  Just wanted to share a look at this versatile actor's other roles.  Really. the actors are my main reason for watching this drama. 

• Like 9

I want to write about some of the funny stuff - intentional and some of it unintentional - in the 50th episode. 

At the breakfast table, JE says, "Let's not fight," after he eats the delicious fish HG has put on his rice. "Of course" replies HG right before they go into full fledged fighting. 

In the olive green kiss ( so called as they are both wearing olive green)  at 17:41, JE's bag and coat mysteriously disappear as he puts up both hands to hold HG in place as he gets her back for going to spend the night with Ha Na when he had said, "Let's spend the night together." Presumably he had put them on the ground but he never bends to pick them up and they magically reappear on him as he is walking out of the house. 

I am with those people who think that olive green is the hottest kiss although the purple kiss ( named for HG's night clothes) is a close second. The kind of chemistry the writer, director, JJH and KHJ had built up between JE and HG is very hard to climax ( pun was not intended I swear) in a fitting fashion. They not only managed to pull it off but actually exceeded my very high expectations.

I am very annoyed with the writer for sending HG to jail which is completely one of line with the arc of the story and for not having HG confide in JE at least by episode 47. It should have started happening by episode 42-43 but really,in episode 49?? And even then she does not tell him about his father. I was disappointed because Writer Bae had otherwise done such a good job that I feel let down. Instead of being true to the story and then trying to create drama within that, she chose dramatic effect over the arc of the story which is never a good idea.  

But olive green and purple have mollified me somewhat. I feel like such a sell out!

I have only cried once in all 50 episodes and that was when HG is talking about ES in episode 50. Kudos to everyone for pulling that off. 

I think the final sequence when HG sleeps through the alarm is telling as well. She is a type A, always wakes up in an instance with the alarm - does that even after the purple night  when they were up until 3 am. Now that she and JE have created enough room between them to be sad together, she sleeps the sleep of the innocent and JE has to get up to switch off the alarm. To be honest, it may just be that JE had slept in the movies and HG had been enthralled with Yoo Ah Ni - I hope I have that name right. (If JE were my husband, Yoo Ah Ni is not getting even a single glance but this is HG hence......)

To be honest when HG was fervently saying that she would not cry in front of BS in the future and JE was having a hard time with that, I was with him. But the scene where they remember ES together and HG cries in JE's arms, reassured me. Good job with that Writer Bae. No, you are still not forgiven for sending HG to jail. 

Finally, although it does not compute that HG would bring up JE's infidelity in the fight they were having - this is HG, the queen of control - it is not possible that it would never come up and of course people like me would always have wondered, what will happen then. So it was good that Writer Bae showed a really simple but effective way of this is how you move forwards. 

One of things Writer Bae did brilliantly in the play is to show how two people who ostensibly know each other really well like HG and JE are still blind to parts of each other also. JE post his stay in the US had especially become quite good at reading HG but could not find a way of reassuring her that he will neither breakdown nor run away if she is honest with him. Finally watching him deal calmly with Jin Ri and sending his BIL to jail makes her reconsider it. She still does not tell him the full truth - Writer Bae, you are in the dog house still for this - but still. 

HG cannot tell when JE is bluffing although JJH has brilliantly portrayed JE's bluffing demeanor as this butter will not melt in my mouth face and bland tone that we see both in episode 50 after the olive green kiss and in episode 33 when he tells her he is backing off. 

I was going to write 3 lines and this is already a thesis. So sad that IHAL is done, so happy that it was made and I was able to enjoy it with all of you!

• Like 12

@irilight first of, thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu chingu for staring this thread & look how it became up to 700+ pages, it only goes to show how we luv this drama & the stars in it! i luv how u compiled all our names here, woah u did a gre8 job & i myself will also miss this thread, i hvnt seen the last epis did they get remarry based on that cute photo of them? nice meeting everyone here for sure & yes hope to meet again in future Kdramas! i'm almost certain we will! it was a very thrilling drama and i was glad to be a part of this thread albeit i did not come regularly for reasons some of u might know hahaha ....and that was busier with other kdramas here & there plus waiting for the subs at one point kinda swayed me to watch some old dramas as well which i haven't seen. Sorry i talked too much again!

anyway, thanks to you all for the pix, vids, articles that you unselfishly shared here! ciao for now & see you in another thread drama soon! don't forget to watch Dear My Friends, in May my fave actor is in it! you know who @jadecloud @irilight  hahaha

• Like 11

On 3/2/2016 at 5:18 PM, lclarakl said:

My aren't you being nasty.  I have to say that your comment really pisses me off!  I was asked my opinion to which I stated my opinion not trying to change anyone's mind, but explaining my logic.  However, @ayselluna Richard Simmons YOU!!!! 

@lclarakl,

We all have different opinions and agree to disagree.  This is a reminder that despite the fact that we may not agree with someone, we need to be civil. Using profanity to another Soompi poster, is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

To be honest, I was so shocked, I could not even get to sleep last night; I found it so disturbing.

• Like 14