[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

hello! CHINGU LOVERS....i really cannot move away on this thread.....here's the continuation of..

QUOTABLE QUOTES...POEMS....AND IDIOMS.

EP.3 

YK quoted....Though a woman is weak, a mother is strong.

BS father said...I make children better than poetry. Poetry is pain but isn't a child joy and unending happiness?

JE quoted..... No one writes the wrong answer down...when they know what's right.

KSL quoted...The conscious is always behind the unconscious.

ep.4

DHK quoted....If the cicada leaves, a cricket come.(she mention that she better not kill the cicada)

CICADA.......It couldn't cry or fly.....It was balling with itself, all alone to live a life, to not disappear, to protect itself.(after watching the whole series....this was refer to DHK in my pov)

DHK to KSL.....In the end , trash ends up in the trashcan.....While smelling like crap.

NOTHING LAST FOREVER.  

• Like 11

20 hours ago, irilight said:

12 hours ago, a15t3 said:

I have one from Confucius 

--deleted image of quote---

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Confucius.

I love these two quotes.:wub: I have one in mind too, which also applies to IHAL, from this inspirational guru who passed away(RIP) recently... And @trust71 Love all your QQs. :wub:

JE28L11.png 

Thanks LOVERS for keeping on even after the drama has ended. I know many have not been able to or don't want to let go. I'm one of them. :confounded:

JJH in his latest photoshoot/interview(030716) with k-media Focus news...

7MIloCi.png

w8XCbMS.png

CR: As tagged

Spoiler

Iavz2X2.png

4waZg8D.png

Lil Hayu has certainly struck a 'warm' cord with KHJ. KHJ looks like she's so ready to be a mom, she loves children. Wonder if we'll see them being reunited as mom-and-dd in a future drama?

HvHZl92.png

CR: KHJ Baidu

• Like 11

20 hours ago, irilight said:

Yoo Ah-In is actually a wonderful actor, and very popular in Korea, for that reason. He is also very animated. I enjoyed seeing him in drama awards, for example.   He was actually in same drama with Ji Jin-Hee (I still need to watch it), "The Man Who Can't Mary"

Oh wow! I have had no impression or memory of YAI in TMWCM even though I've watched it a couple of times! I must have been fixated more on JJH and UJH then. I guess for me, YAI came 'alive' since SLA, no, actually, it was Sungkyunkwan Scandal and Fashion King. But it was SLA that made me take a second and closer look ever since. Me too, can't wait to watch 'Like For Likes' :P 

BIZ HERALDCORP: Gong Hyung Jin - Thank you for receiving me well as a villian.

Er...You did well as MTS. So well, so hateful! :P ...

Photo

KOREADAILY News: Kim Hyun Joo, 1 actress 4 stations/roles, quadruple charms captured viewers of the small screen.

Photo

• Like 8

On 3/3/2016 at 0:02 PM, gerrytan8063 said:

Another glossary lesson

Anae (아내) a native Korean term for wife, the other Korean native word is "Manura"  (마누라,  often hear in historical dramas) 

There are other Sino Korean terms as well for wife

Cheo ( 처,妻, often use as 3rd party reference, so & so wife) 

Buin (부인,婦人) 

Then we have the Konglish (Korean+English mix match)

Waipeu ( 와이프, wife)

LOL I love the konglish version the most  Thanks for the glossary 'education'.:P

----------

@hibiscus23 Haha I won't miss DMF if I can help it. I love the main actress Go. Will see you then, if not earlier...hehe Btw, bon voyage and have lots of fun in your upcoming trip :) 

SEOUL EN News: Kim Hyun Joo Dual Roles. Glittering Acting Until The End.

Photo

KOREADAILY News: 'I HAVE A LOVER" Ji Jin Hee, Kim Hyun Joo - Forgiveness, Reconciliation, Ending with Reunion.

Spoiler

Photo

• Like 11

@jadecloud thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu chingu! OK yaksuk we both hv to watch DMF :) u know i can't wait bc of my other yeobo hahaha! see u then & woah i can't believe how pop this thread has been! take care & all chingus here if i don't mention u all you know who u are!

@irilight chingu ur one of the busiest bodies here i guess? u must be delighted this thread has been so pop w 700 plus pages! i still hv to finish the series though :( i'm sure ev.body's happy the way it ended n i can only guess these two love birds are back in their swt embraces! :)

• Like 7

23 hours ago, irilight said:

@gerrytan8063 thank you for your post about "Dangshin" (당신, 當身 ) and Yeobo (여보, 如寶) (pg. 724) I will pay more attention, as I only recall them as terms of endearment or straight "you." I want to catch it being used before or during a quarrel.

remember this word dangshin distinctly because of the kdrama phoenix but it was always translated as "honey" or "dear" instead of you. here is the clip from mbc classic (see from around 4:00 ) and so it is not subbed; if anyone is interested, they can check out any of the eng sub sites (ep 10, part 2, around 11.00 minutes in)

so just to give you the gist. the girl and lee seo jin were married years ago when they were in university and she was rich, he was poor. and they fell out, got divorced and meet 10 years later. eric, who is the son of the company's owner, is interesting in dating her even though she is just a maid now (her father died and they became bankrupt shortly after her divorce). whereas lee seo jin is now that very company's CEO who was brought in from the US to run it. so basically they are in jejudo to strike a business deal and eric has no idea that lee seo jin is the ex-husband though he does notice the two have vibes. lee seo jin is waiting in her hotel room to talk to her about whether to disclose to eric (who is kind of his employer) about their once married status and eric walks in. initially, you can see that eric thinks that she has something going on with lee seo jin which is why she was hesitating to date him. but lee seo jin tells him to step outside and talk. at this moment, she tries to talk to eric and lee seo jin says "dangshin (honey), stay here." -- just see the expression on both the exes faces as they wince and realize they just gave their relationship away and also that after 10 years, that familiarity just slipped out subconsciously even though neither of them want it.....and eric's cold "dangshin???" as he raises his eyebrows...

• Like 11

@irilight ---Thank you for the photos of JJH (p.727).  Here it is so obviously the actor himself, NOT Choi Jin Eun!   How marvelously well he uses his face to express  so very many different emotions in this drama, IHAL.  His face, in repose, while still extremely handsome, looks friendly, warm, and very approachable. What fun it must be for such a nice person to have opportunities to "act out" the entire range of human emotions!  

And thank you again for being a gracious host here in this forum.  Your posts include responses to each of us!  I have tried it, and it's NOT so easily done!  And NOT as entertaining as when you do it! --- I gave up trying to comment on each post I enjoyed & chose different ways to respond. 

When I see how you conduct this forum, I'm reminded of the "Salons" where people were invited to discuss literature, politics, etc.   Sort of like "Book Clubs", but with a "difference". I wanted to mention this, before we are all dispersed.  It's been so much fun!     B)  Comparable to the informal gatherings in "Coffee Houses" of the last century, too.

I liked this definition of "SALON":

"A salon is a gathering of people under the roof of an inspiring host, partly to amuse one another and partly to refine the taste & increase the knowledge of the participants through conversation".

The "Inspiring Host" here has been YOU!     :heart:         :glasses:             :blush:      Thank You!     

Spoiler

• Like 9

3 hours ago, jadecloud said:

Thanks LOVERS for keeping on even after the drama has ended. I know many have not been able to or don't want to let go. I'm one of them.

Truly speaking, I haven't watched the final two yet :) I think I will let everything goes at ease then watch.  Thank you for sharing JJH pics @jadecloud.

• Like 7

I agree with your comment (pg. 726) @ELY_397. Life is not  perfect, and the choices we have are seldom between black and white. I agree that HG liberated herself by forgiving everyone, and thus allowing herself to forgive herself too, and move on.

On 3/5/2016 at 11:36 AM, iamtaken said:

If I do write fan fiction, I will post it here. 

@iamtaken, please do!

On 3/6/2016 at 10:11 PM, mdj101 said:

I'm curious to see each of our actors' NEXT projects. 

@mdj101, me too... But I am guessing that they are all pretty worn from IHAL, and may need some time off to recharge.

The only one I am noticing at the moment is an upcoming historical film with Kong Hyung-Jin who played MTS here.  The movie is called "Gosanja, Daedongyeojido ",   and the star is Cha Seung-Won.  

I hope if any of them make a choice, and someone from IHAL notices, they give us a shoutout, either here, or on the new drama thread.
BTW, I also like some actors' fan' sites very informative.

Spoiler

I was so taken by Yeon Jung-Hoon's performance in "Mask" I wanted to know more about him. I found his fans' website wonderful.

https://yeonjunghoon.wordpress.com/

And more recently, I adored Wallace Huo in "Love me if You Dare," and liking his international fans site too. I think there are several sites for him. Here is one of them.

http://www.wallacehuo.info/

Thank you also for the reference to the sites you posted about historical drama/movies and the one about films. I always love all these that you share with us.

Spoiler

In addition to the ones you listed,

KOBIZ is a good site to learn about Korean films.

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/index.jsp

. Viki has a good historical channel that lists their historical drama in chronological order. It is really a labor of love by one person, who did a magnificent job, - but of course, it only includes what Viki offers.

https://www.viki.com/tv/22648c-the-sageuk-channel

More information on historical drama (and not only those on Viki) can be found in the wonderful blog "sageuk timeline"

http://thetalkingcupboard.com/resources/sageuk-timeline/

@a15t3, love your quote from Confucius... So true, and I think it is illustrated in practically all of the revenge drama and movies from Korea.

Img0404_20151225005855_3.jpg

Img0404_20151225005855_1.jpg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, irilight said:

So true, and I think it is illustrated in practically all of the revenge drama and movies from Korea.

@irilight, thank you.  In fact, it applies to all revenge taken by whoever.  Revenge will always lead to horrible outcomes for both parties.  Ppl thinks one has satisfaction over revenge, but when it comes to reality, the expected satisfaction doesn't as sweet as thought.  That's why becomes two graves.  I think that is my interpretation.

• Like 8

@jadecloud

" LOL I love the konglish version the most  Thanks for the glossary 'education' "

There is plenty konglish term that will raise your eyesbrows or leave you scratching your head

Just for examples

Geul Rae Meo ( 글래머 from the English word "glamour" ) indicates to a buxom of a woman

Ho Chi Ki Seu ( 호치키스 from the Japanese word "ホチキス" - Hotchkiss) is the stapler. It was suppose that Benjamin Berkeley Hotchkiss was the inventor the stapler but it seems to be a Japanese folklore.....similar to Korean having a Johnson Tang ( 존슨 탕 ) which was suppose to be name after Lyndon B Johnson

Some English signage in Korea is hilarious

Korean-Konglish-5.jpg

Suwon City Tour....Enjoy World Heritage "Hwaseong" & Beautiful Restroom Tour

By the way, Suwon have a Toilet Museum....If you take this bus tour, it is the 6th stop

• Like 10

On 5 March 2016 at 0:03 AM, 9angels said:

Just finish watch 50 episodes of IHAL for the 2nd time :)

One of the best part in this drama which i still mesmerized is Hae Gang and yongki are the same person (Kim Hyun Joo). 

Yeah, when I first started on this drama and learnt that the 2 characters were acted by the same person, I almost flipped off my chair. Then I came across this photo, downloaded it to "study" the expression. Must confessed, it took me a while to sink in they were both KHJ! 

disclaimer: credit to the photo owner, I lost the original link where I downloaded. 

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, juntan said:

Yeah, when I first started on this drama and learnt that the 2 characters were acted by the same person, I almost flipped off my chair. Then I came across this photo, downloaded it to "study" the expression. Must confessed, it took me a while to sink in they were both KHJ! 

This is the first time I'm back, posting on Soompi after maybe 2 years. I've been on Soompi since Goong days in 2006. Moving on 10 years later being older and being a more mature viewer, I've just finished IHAL last week and can't stop thinking back about the drama especially Kim Hyun-Joo's spectacular performance. I was shocked to know that Yong Gi and Hae Kang are acted by the same actress after I found out in episode maybe like 8 or 9? because I missed the dialogue which revealed for the first time that DHK had a twin in episode 2 where their mum - Kim Gyu Nam told Seol Ri's father about DHK having a twin - Yong Gi. (I'm one of those avid watchers, avid forwarder type of drama watcher). Decided to come back to Soompi thread to see whether many ppl are as mesmerised by this drama as me. Lo and Behold 727 pages today!!.. omg.. this is fanatism, for a lengthy drama, exceptional! LIke all of you. I certainly can't let go of IHAL yet, and my longest drama fever for a sole drama lasted maybe a whole year. Wonder how long I'll be camping here this time. Thank you IHAL soompi campers for camping here too.

I would rate IHAL in my top 3 list of all times now after having watched hundreds of K dramas over the course of 10 years. AMazing plot, script-writing, acting, everything. I'm rewatching the whole thing slowly and am at episode 8. So MUCH details the PDs put into the shooting, u can even notice things like background extras discussions and expressions to match a particular scene. (ie. when CJE came to KSR's workplace at the cafe to pull his mother-in-law out, background casts were literally gossiping and eavesdropping like how u would think it would go in reality). 

And the script, the things they say or not say, is amazing. The way things were panned out, the flow of the story, can very believably happen in reality.

It's so hard to find an actress/actor who can portray sadness on their face without even crying. I've been reviewing by rewatching, what issit that makes Yong Gi so different from Hae Kang even though both are Kim Hyun-Joo? it's the depth and truth behind their eyes. When Yong Gi is angry, when she found out her fiance was murdered and etc, she had angry eyes, but there is a sense of insecurity in her pupils and fear in her eyes. Whilst when Hae Kang was pissed at Seol Ri and Jin Eon for their affairs, her anger is this white glaring bitter anger that shows in her eyes, its piercing and cruel and revengeful, and the part right before she fell into the river whilst looking at Jin Eon and KSR near the B&B, her anger in her eyes was mixed with a look of sadness and resignation. Even Yong Gi's walking styles, hand gestures are different from Hae Kang's. Another example is when Yong Gi is smiling, her smile is doe-eyed, lovable, happy go lucky, whilst Hae Kang's (even when she had amnesia) had a certain sadness to it. I can't explain in words properly, but its too amazing for me to pen down in words but I think you viewers get my drift.

• Like 13

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

remember this word dangshin distinctly because of the kdrama phoenix but it was always translated as "honey" or "dear" instead of you. here is the clip from mbc classic (see from around 4:00 ) and so it is not subbed; if anyone is interested, they can check out any of the eng sub sites (ep 10, part 2, around 11.00 minutes in)

so just to give you the gist. the girl and lee seo jin were married years ago when they were in university and she was rich, he was poor. and they fell out, got divorced and meet 10 years later. eric, who is the son of the company's owner, is interesting in dating her even though she is just a maid now (her father died and they became bankrupt shortly after her divorce). whereas lee seo jin is now that very company's CEO who was brought in from the US to run it. so basically they are in jejudo to strike a business deal and eric has no idea that lee seo jin is the ex-husband though he does notice the two have vibes. lee seo jin is waiting in her hotel room to talk to her about whether to disclose to eric (who is kind of his employer) about their once married status and eric walks in. initially, you can see that eric thinks that she has something going on with lee seo jin which is why she was hesitating to date him. but lee seo jin tells him to step outside and talk. at this moment, she tries to talk to eric and lee seo jin says "dangshin (honey), stay here." -- just see the expression on both the exes faces as they wince and realize they just gave their relationship away and also that after 10 years, that familiarity just slipped out subconsciously even though neither of them want it.....and eric's cold "dangshin???" as he raises his eyebrows...

Thanx for the useful info, anyway what happen at the end, did the girl ended up with her ex or eric?

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, pennyloo said:

It's so hard to find an actress/actor who can portray sadness on their face without even crying. I've been reviewing by rewatching, what issit that makes Yong Gi so different from Hae Kang even though both are Kim Hyun-Joo? it's the depth and truth behind their eyes. When Yong Gi is angry, when she found out her fiance was murdered and etc, she had angry eyes, but there is a sense of insecurity in her pupils and fear in her eyes. Whilst when Hae Kang was pissed at Seol Ri and Jin Eon for their affairs, her anger is this white glaring bitter anger that shows in her eyes, its piercing and cruel and revengeful, and the part right before she fell into the river whilst looking at Jin Eon and KSR near the B&B, her anger in her eyes was mixed with a look of sadness and resignation. Even Yong Gi's walking styles, hand gestures are different from Hae Kang's. Another example is when Yong Gi is smiling, her smile is doe-eyed, lovable, happy go lucky, whilst Hae Kang's (even when she had amnesia) had a certain sadness to it. I can't explain in words properly, but its too amazing for me to pen down in words but I think you viewers get my drift.

on papers, KHJ is playing 2 characters. In the drama, she easily acted as 4-5 different characters.

Let's do a quick count here :

1) Do Hae Kang
2) Doku Yong Ki
3) Doku Yong Ki (the amnesia DHK)
4) Do Hae Kang (regain her memory)
5) Do Hae Kang (the lady who has forgiven everyone)

IF we'll to analyse her role in the above characters, she acted them differently both in expression & body language.
Yet again between 1, 3, 4 & 5, can spot some similarities. It's the same character after all.

:)

• Like 11

2 hours ago, juntan said:

on papers, KHJ is playing 2 characters. In the drama, she easily acted as 4-5 different characters.

Let's do a quick count here :

1) Do Hae Kang
2) Doku Yong Ki
3) Doku Yong Ki (the amnesia DHK)
4) Do Hae Kang (regain her memory)
5) Do Hae Kang (the lady who has forgiven everyone)

IF we'll to analyse her role in the above characters, she acted them differently both in expression & body language.
Yet again between 1, 3, 4 & 5, can spot some similarities. It's the same character after all.

:)

TOtally agree @juntan I was thinking that too when i thought back especially when she was Amnesiac Dokgo Yong Gi, she should have the same doed eyed eyes and characteristics of her twin sister, but its like an in btwn, she retains her sad persona which Hae Kang carries internally, the pain of abandonment by her husband and also losing her own child, but she carries this soft, and kind persona that is gentle / elegant, very distinct from her sister the real Dokgo Yong Gi who's persona is abit more comical and funny / lighthearted.

I especially marvelled at her performance when she regained her memory, when she was back to being bitchy and bitter Hae Kang. For the whole episode I was truly convinced she went back to being Hae Kang 4 years back until the part where she pushed her husband away strongly, that she was being 'overboard'. That was the give-away. Meaning, she really got into 'character'.

But I wished the writing would have revealed to us her thought process, from the time she was still amnesiac to becoming the new Hae Kang, how did she reconcile internally with herself, on her husband's betrayal and her past and etc. It was focusing so much on her own faults and terrible past-self, that we didn't get to see much of how she healed from the KSR betrayal (I mean if we remember back episodes 1 to 9, I dunno about u guys, but i truly hated Jin Eon then, as much as I tried to hate Hae Kang for being such a richard simmons in many ways, infidelity is infidelity, its complete betrayal). It only struck me she totally forgave her husband when at the hotel room scene where she pretended to be 'dating' baek sook and Jin Eon was outside knocking his head against the door, where Hae Kang told Baek Sook that she never hated him, not even once, that she's not angry with Jin Eon... I was wondering, where was the process of healing for her on that horrible episode of her past? I mean in episode 9 she cried whilst clenching her heart right, it must have been so painful. wonder if anyone of you observed that, maybe u know where that healing process lies in this drama.

Also, there wasn't really a closure on whether the two want to be parents again, or can be parents again, or have hope or a future to be parents again.. I know its asking too much, but in episode 50, where they were reminiscing and remembering their daughter Eun-Sol in the garden, I was hoping they would touch a bit on what they hope for their future together. Well maybe it is still fresh and painful to talk about that, and insensitive, because unlike Jin Eon, Hae Kang never did talk out loud about Eun Sol to Jin Eon and her remorse and regret over their daughter's death until that last scene in their garden in episode 50.

I got so much to write on and on about this drama. Rewatching till episode 9 now.. way way way alot more to go!!

• Like 11

@jadecloud  thanks for posting JJH latest interview and photos....HE matured to be a good looking man.

On 3/7/2016 at 0:06 AM, jadecloud said:

BIZ HERALDCORP: Gong Hyung Jin - Thank you for receiving me well as a villian

On 3/7/2016 at 0:06 AM, jadecloud said:

KOREADAILY News: Kim Hyun Joo, 1 actress 4 stations/roles, quadruple charms captured viewers of the small screen.

On 3/7/2016 at 0:09 AM, jadecloud said:

SEOUL EN News: Kim Hyun Joo Dual Roles. Glittering Acting Until The End.

On 3/7/2016 at 0:09 AM, jadecloud said:

KOREADAILY News: 'I HAVE A LOVER" Ji Jin Hee, Kim Hyun Joo - Forgiveness, Reconciliation, Ending with Reunion

thanks @jadecloud   for all the articles, its good to know that even though the drama ended they still write something about it.

• Like 7

@pennyloo Hello and WELCOME! Welcome to the 'addicts' club of IHAL-lovers-who-cant-let-go hehe. I'll say it's better late than never to uncover a gem, don't you think? Please write on as you rewatch the second time around. Many LOVERS are still hanging out here, and like you, are rewatching it :dizzy:  Btw, just curious, which was the drama that kept you mesmerized for over a year?

ASIAe: I HAVE A LOVER - A Simple Affair? Tears Flowed Amidst Reset.

Excerpt: "Viewers who have over the last 6 months been breathing in the broadcast of 'I Have A Lover', how can they fill the vacancy now? 'I Have A Lover', a well-made drama of romance-born-again."

You're right, reporternim. LOVERS fandom is having a hard time letting go of 'I HAVE A LOVER' drama and its OTP portrayed superbly by Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo with chemie-too-good-to-be-true, and the superb twins portrayal by awesome actress Kim Hyun Joo.

Photo: ASIAe: I HAVE A LOVER - A Simple Affair? Tears Flowed Amidst Reset.   Excerpt: Viewers who have been breathing in the last 6 months over the broadcast of 'I Have A Lover', how can they fill the vacancy now? 'I Have A Lover', a well-made drama of romance-born-again.  You're right, reportnim. LOVERS fandom is having a hard time letting go of 'I HAVE A LOVER' drama and its OTP portrayed superbly by Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo with chemie-too-good-to-be-true, and the awesome twins portrayal by Kim Hyun Joo.  http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2016022822072803755

:heart:

• Like 13