Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

On 12/1/2021 at 8:40 AM, willenette said:

8 Must-Watch K-Dramas For Any Song Hye Kyo Fan

When you first become a K-drama fan, it doesn’t take much time to realize just how big of a deal Song Hye Kyo is in the Korean entertainment industry. Song Hye Kyo debuted as a model, which led to her first role in the series “First Love.”

Since then, she has only grown in popularity. If you are wanting to check out some of her other K-dramas, here are eight of them that are worth watching!

List is in no particular order.

2. “Hotelier”

Starring Bae Yong Joon as Shin Dong Hyuk, Song Yoon Ah as Seo Jin Young, and Song Hye Kyo as Kim Yoon Hee, the series is about Seoul Hotel, which Shin Dong Hyuk gets hired to manage after the CEO passes away. He then hires Jin Young to help him despite her bad reputation.

Song Hye Kyo plays Kim Yoon Hee, an heiress who falls in love with another hotel manager, Han Tae Joon (Kim Seung Woo). And while she isn’t the main female lead, she captivates viewers with her adorable charm and dramatic gazes.

Her ability to evoke so much emotion behind tearful eyes is very memorable and makes the series more enjoyable to watch.

(skipped unrelated.....P)

credit : soompi news

Since losing the Dramafever site in the US, I have not been able to rewatch this lovely drama.   I am actually not a fan of SHK but I managed to finish this one because of BYJ and the other cast members.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!

On 12/1/2021 at 11:58 PM, sunny88 said:

Since losing the Dramafever site in the US, I have not been able to rewatch this lovely drama.   I am actually not a fan of SHK but I managed to finish this one because of BYJ and the other cast members.

@sunny88 I have watched this, too mainly for BYJ. I'm not also a fan of her. hahaha -    :shaq:

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 10:03 PM, sunny88 said:

Happy 2022!  

@sunny88 HAPPY NEW YEAR!   :heart:

happy-new-year-images-2022-champagne-108

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** KBS’s ‘Entertainment Weekly’ has revealed the stars who have made the best investments. First place went to Lee Je Hoon. Bae Yong Joon, You Hee Yeol, Yoo Jae Suk, and BoA followed the list. Third place went to Bae Yong Joon. He has earned millions of dollars from this investment. 

:Woah:

ss-horz.jpg

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20220108010006428?x_trkm=t

• Like 1

7 hours ago, willenette said:

@sunny88 HAPPY NEW YEAR!   :heart:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** KBS’s ‘Entertainment Weekly’ has revealed the stars who have made the best investments. First place went to Lee Je Hoon. Bae Yong Joon, You Hee Yeol, Yoo Jae Suk, and BoA followed the list. Third place went to Bae Yong Joon. He has earned millions of dollars from this investment. 

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20220108010006428?x_trkm=t

Such a great businessman!  

Edited by gm4queen

Happy 20th anniversary to the Winter Sonata cast and production team!  Just saw an article about it today and reminded of how long ago this wonderful drama was aired.  I actually didn't watch it until 2018 but even now it doesn't seem dated.  It is really the drama that led me to get into the wonderful world of k drama.  I no longer hear anything about WS 2 so not sure if that is still in the work.  In some ways, it may be best to just let it be.  Typically, it is hard for sequel or re-make to live up to the original, especially when the original is so great. As they say, a tough act to follow.

8 hours ago, sunny88 said:

Happy 20th anniversary to the Winter Sonata cast and production team!  Just saw an article about it today and reminded of how long ago this wonderful drama was aired.  I actually didn't watch it until 2018 but even now it doesn't seem dated.  It is really the drama that led me to get into the wonderful world of k drama.  I no longer hear anything about WS 2 so not sure if that is still in the work.  In some ways, it may be best to just let it be.  Typically, it is hard for sequel or re-make to live up to the original, especially when the original is so great. As they say, a tough act to follow.

@sunny88 time flies so fast..............How I love the OST of this drama, as much as I love the drama because of BYJ. As soon as I finished watching this drama, I searched all over the internet just to hear every piece of music on repeat. How I missed him! This drama has the MOST exquisite ending ever filmed in Korean drama history. The ending scenes are breathtakingly beautiful, that historical house and gardens. It was so commercially successful that it increased the number of tourists that visited Nami Island. The scenery is visually fantastic and plays so well with the story. “Winter Sonata” made me understand how it feels to have your “heart drop.”  That's how I feel every time BYJ is in my screen. “Winter Sonata” is a must-watch for all Kdrama fans.  It remains to be unparalleled. I'm not really into season2, sequels,

remakes, part2s of any dramas because for me, nothing can surpass the original.     :rubchin:

• Like 1

*** I don't think anyone could have predicted that "Winter Sonata" would change the future of K-TV programming. It created Hallyu, which impacted more than just dramas but also brought K-pop to other Asian countries and of course, worldwide recognition. Who will forget Park Yong Ha? Sigh...............he's no longer with the world for quite a long while now.  "Winter Sonata" is still one of my all-time fave K-dramas. Hmmm....when that drama aired, everyone was crazy about BYJ.  I wish Netflix would also pick these kind of old-school K-dramas rather than the newer ones. I'll never forget the absolute craze over "Winter Sonata" here in my side. It's very popular in my country. I guess it's time for a re-watch. I bought a DVD copy of this drama, anyway. It's still strong in J-polls about K-dramas. The irony of it the drama was just an average in K-ratings but, very huge overseas. This drama started me having a soft spot for BYJ.  :blush:

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 11:52 PM, willenette said:

*** I don't think anyone could have predicted that "Winter Sonata" would change the future of K-TV programming. It created Hallyu, which impacted more than just dramas but also brought K-pop to other Asian countries and of course, worldwide recognition. Who will forget Park Yong Ha? Sigh...............he's no longer with the world for quite a long while now.  "Winter Sonata" is still one of my all-time fave K-dramas. Hmmm....when that drama aired, everyone was crazy about BYJ.  I wish Netflix would also pick these kind of old-school K-dramas rather than the newer ones. I'll never forget the absolute craze over "Winter Sonata" here in my side. It's very popular in my country. I guess it's time for a re-watch. I bought a DVD copy of this drama, anyway. It's still strong in J-polls about K-dramas. The irony of it the drama was just an average in K-ratings but, very huge overseas. This drama started me having a soft spot for BYJ.  :blush:

I hear you! I wish Netflix USA (I think Netflix in other countries have better picking of k dramas from what I know) can get with the program and have classic dramas like Winter Sonata.  Winter Sonata is what really bought me into the world of K drama many years after I first watched one that made me run away from it! LOL

And oh yes, BYJ, why wouldn't anyone be crazy about him? LOL.  I guess there is difference taste in Korea vs. other countries because there are other dramas popular oversea but average or even low rating in Korea and vise versa.

Winter Sonata will also remain on my top 3 all time fave!  BYJ too in spite of him not acting anymore.   

• 2 months later...

6 Korean Celebrity Couples Who Got Married At The Grand Walkerhill Seoul

The five-star hotel is a fave among Korean stars!

Have you ever wondered where Korean celebrity couples spend the most special day in their lives? Apart from the lavish The Shilla Seoul, they have another favorite wedding venue and it's the Grand Walkerhill Seoul.

What is the Grand Walkerhill Seoul?

Located in the heart of South Korea, the Grand Walkerhill Seoul is a five-star hotel that aims to "awakens the senses" of every visitor. It opened its doors in 1978 and was known as Sheraton Grand Walkerhill before its rebranding. The hotel offers a view of the famed Han River as well as the Achasan Mountain, and those who want a break from the hustle and bustle of the city will surely enjoy their stay here. Think of it as a healing destination when you go to SoKor.

Fun fact: Some scenes in K-dramas like Business Proposal, Extraordinary You, and Goblin were filmed here!

grand-walkerhill-seoul-1648897085.jpg

Inside the Grand Walkerhill Seoul is the *special* venue called Aston House which was inspired by England's Aston Hall. It's designed in Jacobean style where 17th century British mansion elements meet Korean interior design. The Aston House is the choice of Korean celebs for their private weddings and luxury brands (like Dior, Chanel, and Bulgari) also hold their launch parties here.

grand-walkerhill-seoul-aston-house--1648

Now that you know Grand Walkerhill Seoul, here are the Korean celebrity couples who got married there:

3. Park Soo Jin and Bae Yong Joon

Winter Sonata actor Bae Yong Joon (who is also the founder of the label KeyEast Entertainment) and former K-pop idol Park Soo Jin walk down the aisle at the Grand Walkerhill Seoul in 2015. KeyEast Ent. reportedly gave free meal coupons and coffee to Yong Joon's fans who came from different countries, which amounted to 10 million won (around P422,000).

park-soo-jin-bae-yong-joon-1648900514.jp

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/korean-celebrity-couples-grand-walkerhill-seoul-a4575-20220402?ref=home_featured_big

23 hours ago, willenette said:

6 Korean Celebrity Couples Who Got Married At The Grand Walkerhill Seoul

The five-star hotel is a fave among Korean stars!

Have you ever wondered where Korean celebrity couples spend the most special day in their lives? Apart from the lavish The Shilla Seoul, they have another favorite wedding venue and it's the Grand Walkerhill Seoul.

What is the Grand Walkerhill Seoul?

Located in the heart of South Korea, the Grand Walkerhill Seoul is a five-star hotel that aims to "awakens the senses" of every visitor. It opened its doors in 1978 and was known as Sheraton Grand Walkerhill before its rebranding. The hotel offers a view of the famed Han River as well as the Achasan Mountain, and those who want a break from the hustle and bustle of the city will surely enjoy their stay here. Think of it as a healing destination when you go to SoKor.

Fun fact: Some scenes in K-dramas like Business Proposal, Extraordinary You, and Goblin were filmed here!

Inside the Grand Walkerhill Seoul is the *special* venue called Aston House which was inspired by England's Aston Hall. It's designed in Jacobean style where 17th century British mansion elements meet Korean interior design. The Aston House is the choice of Korean celebs for their private weddings and luxury brands (like Dior, Chanel, and Bulgari) also hold their launch parties here.

Now that you know Grand Walkerhill Seoul, here are the Korean celebrity couples who got married there:

3. Park Soo Jin and Bae Yong Joon

Winter Sonata actor Bae Yong Joon (who is also the founder of the label KeyEast Entertainment) and former K-pop idol Park Soo Jin walk down the aisle at the Grand Walkerhill Seoul in 2015. KeyEast Ent. reportedly gave free meal coupons and coffee to Yong Joon's fans who came from different countries, which amounted to 10 million won (around P422,000).

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/korean-celebrity-couples-grand-walkerhill-seoul-a4575-20220402?ref=home_featured_big

Seems not that long ago that BYJ got married! Although I didn't "discover" him until 2018 but was able to learn a lot about him and his work through this forum :) .   I wonder how he is doing, I have not seen any news about him for a long time. Maybe the last one was about his business investment. 

Edited by gm4queen
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Hoping for a new project for Bae Yong Joon.

Good to see a new posting!! It has been very very quiet for a very very long while!  I think there is only one other poster aside from me that even visit this page anymore.  

I hear you, I hope he will have one too. I think the last public appearance he had on TV was in a 2014 interview, then it was just spotting him here and there. I am not sure if he still has the Japan Mobile fan club open. Many of the fan sites/blogs closed too due to lack of activities.  Anyway, I hope he WILL change his mind and come back as many of his fellow actor contemporaries are still very active.

Edited by gm4queen
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another summer coming soon.  It is amazing how that is no news at all for BYJ since maybe the end of 2019? Probably a combination of so many other actors/singers to cover and maybe truly out of respect for his privacy that the media is really quiet about him.

I am still happy I got to know his work, even though it was many years after they were actually aired.  Because of that, I got to enjoy many other K dramas and other great actors.  

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Meant To Be: 8 K-Dramas With The Theme Of Reunited Lovers

One of the most rewarding K-dramas to watch is a K-drama where a couple who couldn’t be together when they were younger, fall in love again later on in their lives. It’s a theme that is hard to watch at first because of the heartbreak that the main couple goes through, but then it is touching to see them still want to be together after time has passed. It gives hope and a different meaning to the word “destined.” Here are eight K-dramas that explore this theme!

4. “Winter Sonata”

winter-sonata.jpg

This classic K-drama starring Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo is one for everyone to watch, especially if you’re a K-drama fan! It’s a painful love story about two high school students who are very much in love. After an unfortunate accident involving Joon Sang (Bae Yong Joon), the two are forced to separate.

winter-sonata.jpeg

“Winter Sonata” has got all the classic tropes needed to make a series entertainingly juicy. It’s even got the main-lead-with-amnesia trope that gets in the way of Joon Sang’s relationship with his first love, Jung Yoo Jin (Choi Ji Woo). As a result of not being able to remember how much he loves her, they can’t be together. As they reunite later in life, the love that Yoo Jin has for Joon Sang helps bring his memories back. The two are able to reignite their feelings for each other, getting a second chance at true love.

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:08 AM, willenette said:

Meant To Be: 8 K-Dramas With The Theme Of Reunited Lovers

One of the most rewarding K-dramas to watch is a K-drama where a couple who couldn’t be together when they were younger, fall in love again later on in their lives. It’s a theme that is hard to watch at first because of the heartbreak that the main couple goes through, but then it is touching to see them still want to be together after time has passed. It gives hope and a different meaning to the word “destined.” Here are eight K-dramas that explore this theme!

4. “Winter Sonata”

This classic K-drama starring Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo is one for everyone to watch, especially if you’re a K-drama fan! It’s a painful love story about two high school students who are very much in love. After an unfortunate accident involving Joon Sang (Bae Yong Joon), the two are forced to separate.

“Winter Sonata” has got all the classic tropes needed to make a series entertainingly juicy. It’s even got the main-lead-with-amnesia trope that gets in the way of Joon Sang’s relationship with his first love, Jung Yoo Jin (Choi Ji Woo). As a result of not being able to remember how much he loves her, they can’t be together. As they reunite later in life, the love that Yoo Jin has for Joon Sang helps bring his memories back. The two are able to reignite their feelings for each other, getting a second chance at true love.

(skipped unrelated.....)

I still rewatch this favorite drama periodically!  Romance is actually never my favorite genre and truth to be told, this drama has all the typical romance k drama elements - lost memory, terminal disease, suspected sibling romantic feelings etc.. But I think it is the allure of BYJ in his role that really made a huge difference.   I really wish he didn't decide to retire from acting so early, especially when I see how active many of his contemporaries still are.  Never say never right? So maybe, just maybe he will change his mind :D

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

*** The July 14th broadcast of KBS’ Entertainment Company Live introduced a list of celebrity couples who are in love with golf. The show also revealed that Bae Yong Joon met Park Soo Jin through golf.   :Ohboy3:

7 Celebrity Couples Who Love Playing Golf Together

BF.30635918.1-tile.png

source : https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022071500444

• Like 1