Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, willenette said:

President Moon Jae In, BTS, Lee Min Ho, Song Hye Kyo, & PSY are Top 5 Vote Getters of the National Image Survey

* BYJ is on #11 garnering 2.1%

LINK here http://koalasplayground.com/2020/02/06/president-moon-jae-in-bts-lee-min-ho-song-hye-kyo-and-psy-are-top-5-vote-getters-of-the-national-image-survey/

That is amazing! Even though he has not been in public eyes for so long, he still has such an impact.  Sometimes when I watch a drama, I would imagine how well he can play the role (no offense to the actor who is playing the role).  For example, I think he can play the lead role in Mr. Sunshine or Crash landing on you well too. :)  

*** There's a news that I read that there's a "Winter Sonata 2" that's into pre-production with next year (2021) release date to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original. I'm actually looking forward for this since I'm curious of the script BUT, no word yet on the cast. The script & PD should be good. The original is still watchable. It was a Hallyu HIT! Its success actually created the Hallyu movement, which helped K-pop expands K-culture. It broke boundaries of several stereotypes for K-dramas. It was a well-written one. It's not going to be a remake because it's extremely hard to do justice to something as successful for whatever magic the show has. And they announced previously that it's going to be a continuation of the story. I hope BYJ will be part of this if not, even a cameo here. He looks sooooo good, so adorable in the drama. He's the 1st Hallyu King! It was such a monster Hit in Asia! I love this drama very much! I have watched the drama more times than I can count. So sad that Park Yong Ha already passed away............ Good luck with this! :blush:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, willenette said:

*** There's a news that I read that there's a "Winter Sonata 2" that's into pre-production with next year (2021) release date to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original. I'm actually looking forward for this since I'm curious of the script BUT, no word yet on the cast. The script & PD should be good. The original is still watchable. It was a Hallyu HIT! Its success actually created the Hallyu movement, which helped K-pop expands K-culture. It broke boundaries of several stereotypes for K-dramas. It was a well-written one. It's not going to be a remake because it's extremely hard to do justice to something as successful for whatever magic the show has. And they announced previously that it's going to be a continuation of the story. I hope BYJ will be part of this if not, even a cameo here. He looks sooooo good, so adorable in the drama. He's the 1st Hallyu King! It was such a monster Hit in Asia! I love this drama very much! I have watched the drama more times than I can count. So sad that Park Yong Ha already passed away............ Good luck with this! :blush:

@willenette I have read about this for a while too, it seems like they have this in mind for a while but maybe now finally is able to get it in production.  It is always hard to do a sequel, especially if the original is such a mega hit.  But I do hope that BYJ and the cast will be involved in some ways and make a cameo.  Sometimes I would re-read his interviews after his last cameo role in Dream High and it seems like he did intend to continue to act based on his words to reporters until sometimes in 2016? Then he went completely silence on a possible come back.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 More K-Dramas To Watch When You’re Stuck At Home

These days, as people are spending a lot more time at home, we’re also running out of things to do. Our list of K-dramas to watch has dwindled and it’s hard to find some new ones. If you’ve already gone through this first list of 17 K-dramas to watch when you’re stuck at home and are looking for more, then look no further. Here’s a look at 17 more!

More classics

Winter Sonata

winter-sonata.png

This classic K-drama starring Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo is one for everyone to watch, especially if you’re a K-drama fan! It’s a painful love story with all of the amazing K-drama tropes. If you’ve been missing the cliche scenes and lines while watching more modern dramas, then you’ll want to check this one out. The release of this K-drama took Asia by storm, and the filming site is still considered a hot tourist attraction to this day.

winter-sonata.gif

So much about this drama touched so many people back in the day. It could be because of all the heartbreak that the female lead had to endure to be with her first love again. Their date spots throughout the drama continue to be a big tourist attraction in South Korea which proves its longevity of success! We will never be able to forget that adorable snowman making scene when the two lovebirds first fall in love. It’s a classic K-drama with all the classic tropes and if you want a little taste of what dramas were like back in the day, this one is a guaranteed must-watch!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

*** I'm glad that Ji Soo has officially joined KeyEast that was founded by Bae Yong Joon He is home now to a star-studded roster of actors. Key East is a great management company. It's time for him to get a big lead role. He's very CUTE. SM has put all of the actors under KeyEast in their website under the managed artist so we can expect his picture there soon. Good luck to him! Fighting, Ji Soo. He's in good hands. :blush:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Happy holidays to all who are still following this thread!!! :) 

It has been even more quiet with BYJ except news of his wife posting on IG after 3 years.  Not sure if it means anything for him.  In watching Mr. Sunshine recently, it makes me feel more sad that BYJ is not acting anymore as he is around the same age as LBH who is still very active. 

• 4 weeks later...

https://in.style.yahoo.com/5-korean-male-actors-highly-160620008.html

MINAL MANOHAR VERNEKAR
Fri, 15 January 2021 11:06 am·1-min read

The Korean Actors and Broadcasting Worker’s Union divided the actors from grade 6 to grade 18 (similar to America’s A-list, B-list, etc. actors).

Here are the 5 highest-paid male actors per episode.

1. Bae Yong Joon (for The Legend)

2da8cc3502445e123a09547ef4c05a14

Bae Yong Joon is the toppst in the charts with his amazing ₩250 million KRW (about $228,123 USD) per episode for The Legend.

17 hours ago, sunny88 said:

https://in.style.yahoo.com/5-korean-male-actors-highly-160620008.html

MINAL MANOHAR VERNEKAR
Fri, 15 January 2021 11:06 am·1-min read

The Korean Actors and Broadcasting Worker’s Union divided the actors from grade 6 to grade 18 (similar to America’s A-list, B-list, etc. actors).

Here are the 5 highest-paid male actors per episode.

1. Bae Yong Joon (for The Legend)

Bae Yong Joon is the toppst in the charts with his amazing ₩250 million KRW (about $228,123 USD) per episode for The Legend.

@sunny88, very much agree with what you posted. He's the top actor with the highest pay per EP in a drama. BYJ makes a lot of money per episode. Production houses are willing to pay a high price to feature him in a drama.. Wow..........this is much money he makes in one episode. Actually, I heard that he received around USD 230,000 per episode for 'The Legend'. :Woah:

• Like 1

The Top Male Actors with the Highest Salaries Per Episode

In Korea, there is a saying, “The most useless worry is worry about celebrities.” And this is because they earn obscene amounts of money that ordinary people can’t even imagine.

Actors get paid per episode in dramas, and the Korean Actors and Broadcasting Workers’ Union and the three networks have divided these actors into grades from grade 6 to grade 18. Grade 18 actors are paid about 2 million KRW (about 1,825.07 USD) per episode.

However, it has been a long time since the payment grading classification for the main actors has collapsed. As K-dramas started to spread vial globally, the salaries for top star actors have also skyrocketed.

1. Bae Yong Joon, ‘The Story of the Great King’: 250 million KRW (228,100 USD) per episode

200807161329232179278A_2.jpg

Credit: MBC

It was reported that Bae Yong Joon received 250 million KRW per episode in 2007 when he starred in The Story of the Great King. This amount is still an unbreakable record even now when the Hallyu wave has gotten much more prominent.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/610318

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 7:45 AM, willenette said:

The Top Male Actors with the Highest Salaries Per Episode

In Korea, there is a saying, “The most useless worry is worry about celebrities.” And this is because they earn obscene amounts of money that ordinary people can’t even imagine.

Actors get paid per episode in dramas, and the Korean Actors and Broadcasting Workers’ Union and the three networks have divided these actors into grades from grade 6 to grade 18. Grade 18 actors are paid about 2 million KRW (about 1,825.07 USD) per episode.

However, it has been a long time since the payment grading classification for the main actors has collapsed. As K-dramas started to spread vial globally, the salaries for top star actors have also skyrocketed.

1. Bae Yong Joon, ‘The Story of the Great King’: 250 million KRW (228,100 USD) per episode

Credit: MBC

It was reported that Bae Yong Joon received 250 million KRW per episode in 2007 when he starred in The Story of the Great King. This amount is still an unbreakable record even now when the Hallyu wave has gotten much more prominent.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/610318

Always first!

Always first!

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The BYJ Korea site is no longer.  In some ways, it provide an unspoken update since the last notification was in 2016? and basically said it will be renewed which of course never happened. 

Re-watched April Snow recently and still wish BYJ can return and be active like Lee Byun Hun! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw this post below - I think if BYJ decided to come back, I can see him taking the top slot again. It is already amazing that he has been in the #1 spot for highest paid actor for so many years and he has been inactive since 2011? or 2007 if you count the last drama he starred in and not the cameo role he played in Dreams High.

Bae Yong Joon is the second most expensive actor in Korea ... Who is the first?

Actor Kim Soo Hyun has succeeded in renewing the high guarantee.

A media recently reported that Kim Soo Hyun will get 500 million won (about 49.2 million yen) per episode as a performance fee in the new work "That Night".
Kim Soo-hyun's agency did not affirm or deny this, and stated that he could not confirm it.

In particular, it is said that Kim Soo Hyun's appearance fee was about 200 million won (about 19.7 million yen) per episode in "It's Okay to Psycho" (tvN) broadcast last year, and it will be about 500 million won in about one year. It's up, and it can be said that it is by far the top among Korean actors in terms of performance fees.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

TOP 7 Korean celebrities who are also extremely successful CEOs !

You probably don’t know that many of your favorite Korean Idols or actors are extremely successful CEOs with their own businesses.

Next, let’s take a look at the Top 7 Korean celebrities who are also extremely successful CEOs of Kbiz.

7. Bae Yong Joon

Bae Yong Joon Bae Yong Joon

Bae Yong Joon became a businessman when he created company KeyEast Entertainment, one of the biggest entertainment companies when it comes to the acting industry. KeyEast boasts of an incredibly impressive roster of artists, including names such as Kim Seo Hyung, Moon Ga Young, Woo Do Hwan, Jo Bo Ah, Hwang In Yeop, Kang Ha Na, and more.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/05/13/top-7-korean-celebrities-who-are-also-extremely-successful-ceos/

• Like 1