Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

*** As the news outlet Ilgan Sports celebrates its 50th anniversary, they put together a list of “Power People” in the industry from the past half century. Ilgan Sports conducted a survey of 100 insiders who are currently active in the entertainment industry, including producing directors, directors, representatives from agencies and production companies. Each respondent chose five “Power People” that lit up the entertainment industry over the past 50 years, and the list was put together using their results.

I find it interesting that BYJ is still included in the list. I'm proud of you, my King! Congratulations!  No one does it like BYJ! It would be interesting to see who will still be in the list in 5 years time - hahaha -

Check out the Top 20 below!

1. (Tie) Cho Yong Pil, Bong Joon Ho — 46 points
3. (Tie) Seo Tae Ji, BTS — 40 points
5. Lee Soo Man — 35 points
6. (Tie) Kim Soo Hyun (writer), Na Young Suk — 23 points
8. (Tie) Kim Eun Sook, Song Kang Ho — 22 points
10. Yoo Jae Suk — 19 points
11. Ahn Sung Ki — 17 points
12. Im Kwon Taek — 16 points
13. Park Chan Wook — 15 points
14. Kim Tae Ho — 11 points
15. Kim Jong Hak — 10 points
16. Kim Hye Ja — 9 points
17. (Tie) Lee Mi Kyung, Lee Ju Il — 7 points
19. Lee Byung Hun — 6 points
20. Bae Yong Joon – 5 points

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

22 hours ago, willenette said:

*** As the news outlet Ilgan Sports celebrates its 50th anniversary, they put together a list of “Power People” in the industry from the past half century. Ilgan Sports conducted a survey of 100 insiders who are currently active in the entertainment industry, including producing directors, directors, representatives from agencies and production companies. Each respondent chose five “Power People” that lit up the entertainment industry over the past 50 years, and the list was put together using their results.

I find it interesting that BYJ is still included in the list. I'm proud of you, my King! Congratulations!  No one does it like BYJ! It would be interesting to see who will still be in the list in 5 years time - hahaha -

Check out the Top 20 below!

1. (Tie) Cho Yong Pil, Bong Joon Ho — 46 points
3. (Tie) Seo Tae Ji, BTS — 40 points
5. Lee Soo Man — 35 points
6. (Tie) Kim Soo Hyun (writer), Na Young Suk — 23 points
8. (Tie) Kim Eun Sook, Song Kang Ho — 22 points
10. Yoo Jae Suk — 19 points
11. Ahn Sung Ki — 17 points
12. Im Kwon Taek — 16 points
13. Park Chan Wook — 15 points
14. Kim Tae Ho — 11 points
15. Kim Jong Hak — 10 points
16. Kim Hye Ja — 9 points
17. (Tie) Lee Mi Kyung, Lee Ju Il — 7 points
19. Lee Byung Hun — 6 points
20. Bae Yong Joon – 5 points

credit : soompi news

@willenette Yes, this proves how much influence he had and still has even after not being active at all for so very long! I know I am bias but whenever I see KeyEast posts pictures of their actors, I keep thinking they really need to get BYJ back on the screen, none of them look as good as him.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like BYJ has an update on his mobile site!:)  I think the title translated to a list of things to do in life.  I hope one is returning to  acting! :)

10/7 BYJ Post

2019’10.19・Sat
BYJ-Post2.jpg

2019/10/07
人生でやりたいことリスト(1)
久しぶりのBYJPOSTの更新です!
久しぶりにヨンジュンさんから、BYJモバイルのみなさんにお写真が届きました~!!!

191007_BYJPOST.jpg

こちらのお写真は、ヨンジュンさんが撮影した空の写真です!
いかがですか?とっても綺麗ですよね?
そしてここはいったいどこでしょうか?

On 10/20/2019 at 9:51 PM, sunny88 said:

Looks like BYJ has an update on his mobile site!:)  I think the title translated to a list of things to do in life.  I hope one is returning to  acting! :)

10/7 BYJ Post

2019’10.19・Sat
BYJ-Post2.jpg

2019/10/07
人生でやりたいことリスト(1)
久しぶりのBYJPOSTの更新です!
久しぶりにヨンジュンさんから、BYJモバイルのみなさんにお写真が届きました~!!!

こちらのお写真は、ヨンジュンさんが撮影した空の写真です!
いかがですか?とっても綺麗ですよね?
そしてここはいったいどこでしょうか?

Hi sunny, thanks for sharing this.  NICE that he has time to update his BYJ Mobile. It says that this is a picture of the sky taken by him! It's beautiful! I wonder where he took this. Where is this place? :P

• Like 1

Saw this news below - I think it is not star by BYJ and CJW, they really shouldn't do the sequel! 

October 23, 2019 @ 4:18pm

SEOUL: Good news for all Hallyu fans from around the world. Pan Entertainment, through its first TV drama production Winter Sonata, which started the global Korean wave nearly two decades ago, is looking at producing the sequel to the popular soap opera.

Pan Entertainment Management Strategy Headquarters department head Han Ik Hee said that they were in the midst of planning a second story of Winter Sonata to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

“We are looking at releasing the sequel in time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original release of Winter Sonata,” he told Asian journalists during an interview at Pan Entertainment’s headquarters in Mapu-go near here.

Produced in 2002, Winter Sonata became a foothold for Pan Entertainment, founded in 1998, to advance into foreign markets.

The hit drama, which is also the first Korean drama to be exported, was produced at USD2 million, and managed to rake in USD20 million in earnings.

Starring Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo, Winter Sonata revolves around the love story between the two main characters.

Pan Entertainment produces about five dramas annually. It has since released 57 titles to date, which include Doctors in 2016, Bridal Mask (2012), Moon Embracing The Sun (2012), Lie To Me (2011) and Oh, My Lady (2010).

Asked if both Bae and Choi would be part of the cast in the sequel, he said: “They might be featured, but we are looking at having new casts.”

While the Hallyu market was especially big in Southeast Asia, Han said that they were looking at targeting the United States and Australia next.

Saw this other article - translated so may not be exact:

Winter Sonata "will have a second part with Bae Yong Joon's comeback?

In 2015, the production company "Winter Sonata" (Winter Sonata) Pan Entertainment planned to do the second part of the movie. However, for many reasons this plan did not work.
Recently, Pan Entertainment said that they will perform part 2 "Winter Sonata" to celebrate the 20th anniversary of airing (2002-2022). In a recent interview, Mr. Han Ik Hee, Head of Strategic Management of Pan Entertainment, said, “We will be working on the second part of the movie and it will air soon. We are currently discussing details with the writers to build the script. ”
According to the Korea Times, the crew is also preparing for filming. Kim Yong Soo - director of the famous horror movie "Home of Legends" will direct the new movie. The writers for the original series Yoon Eun Kyung and Kim Eun Hee will also be reuniting.
When asked, whether the famous "lovers" in the one-time film Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Won will participate in the sequel to "Winter Sonata", Mr. Han Ik Hee said, "They can will be participating as a special guest, we will also consider inviting new cast members ”."Winter Sonata" is one of Korea's most successful dramas. Aired on KBS2 in 2002, the film immediately became a hot and beloved throughout Asia. When it was released in Japan in 2003, the series was chosen as the landmark marking the Korean Wave (Hallyu) introduced into this country. Movies in many other countries bought the broadcast rights.
Taking on the theme of divided love, the film revolves around the romantic, touching love of Kang Joon Sang (Bae Yong Joon) and Yu Jin (Choi Ji Woo). The film makes viewers sobbed at the early vibrations, pure love during school time, separation and reunion after many years of the lead couple.
According to Han Ik Hee, although 17 years have passed, the work is still the most searched and reviewed film in the series. The film was invested to produce about $ 2 million but brought Pan Entertaiment more than $ 20 million, so far still profitable. The success of the film has brought the names of Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo around the world./.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BYJ post - so they are photos he took at a golf course! :)

12/6 BYJ Post

2019’12.07・Sat

BYJ-Post2.jpg

2019/12/6
人生でやりたいことリスト(3)
今日はヨンジュンさんから届いた写真の場所がどこか発表しちゃいます!

じゃじゃん!そうです!ここはゴルフ場です!!!

191206_1.jpg

ヨンジュンさんと言えばゴルフ!ということで、「気づいてたよ!」という方も多いのではないでしょうか?

そして、本日は空の写真と別にヨンジュンさん自慢のゴルフバックのお写真も届きました~!

191206_2.jpg

191206_3.jpg

黒のゴルフバックとオレンジのボストンバッグです!
とってもかっこいいですよね?
おしゃれなヨンジュンさんにとってもお似合いのバッグです!
カバーなどの小物もかわいいですよね^^

まだまだお写真が届いていますので、次回のBYJPOSTでお届けします!
ぜひ次回をお楽しみ!

~つづく~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

International Survey Shows Who Comes To Mind When People Think Of Korea + Further Evaluation Of Country’s Image

Government agencies have shared the results of their survey of Koreans and foreigners about the country’s image, which revealed that Korea’s most representative figures around the world are President Moon Jae In and BTS.

On February 4, the South Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and its affiliate the Korean Culture and Information Service released the results of their survey titled “2019 South Korean National Image.” The online survey gathered the opinions of 8,000 people from 16 countries (including South Korea) in July and August 2019, and it found that 76.7 percent of non-Koreans evaluated Korea’s overall image positively. Korean respondents showed a more than 10 percent increase in positive evaluations of their own country’s image (from 54.4 percent in 2018 to 64.8 percent in 2019).

Overall, the positive evaluations of the country have gone down 3.6 percent compared to the previous year. There was an increase in negative evaluations of Korea’s image in almost all countries surveyed, including England, the United States, South Africa, and Mexico. Nevertheless, the evaluation remains positive in the majority for almost all countries. Positive evaluations were over 86 percent in countries including Russia, Thailand, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, India, and the United Arab Emirates.

Japan has been in conflict with Korea recently over the Supreme Court’s ruling about compensation for Koreans drafted into forced labor by Japan during the colonial period, as well as over issues about export regulations. Negative evaluations of Korea from Japanese respondents went up 9.8 percent in 2019 to 53.2 percent.

Factors that encourage a positive image of Korea for foreigners are listed as popular culture such as K-pop, films, and literature (38.2 percent), followed by the country’s economic level (14.6 percent), cultural heritage (14 percent), and Korean products and brands (11.6 percent).

The sources of information on Korea included broadcasts such as via television or radio at 66.6 percent and the internet and social media at 63.9 percent.

Respondents were also asked to name the people who came to mind when they thought of Korea. Many of the responses were singers or actors, followed by politicians and athletes. 50.8 percent of respondents stated no one came to mind.

In first place was President Moon Jae In with 7.9 percent of responses, and BTS came in second with 5.5 percent. BTS rose from being in the No. 5 spot in 2018.

See the Top 20 below:

1. President Moon Jae In (7.9 percent)
2. BTS (5.5 percent)
3. Lee Min Ho (4.3 percent)
4. Song Hye Kyo (4.1 percent)
5. PSY (3.6 percent)
6. Park Geun Hye (3.2 percent)
7. BLACKPINK (3.1 percent)
8. Song Joong Ki (3.1 percent)
9. Ban Ki Moon (2.3 percent)
10. Son Heung Min (2.3 percent)
11. Bae Yong Joon (2.1 percent)
12. Kim Yuna (1.9 percent)
13. Park Ji Sung (1.7 percent)
14. Girls’ Generation (1.6 percent)
15. Kim Dae Jung (1.5 percent)
16. Rain (1.3 percent)
17. EXO (1.3 percent)
18. Super Junior (1.1 percent)
19. Park Shin Hye (1 percent)
20. Lee Byung Hun (0.8 percent)

Respondents were also asked to do a free association and name what came to mind when they heard “Korea.” K-pop or singers were the top result at 12.5 percent, followed by Korean food (8.5 percent), culture (6.5 percent), technical skills/cutting-edgy technology (4.8 percent), and corporate brands (4.5 percent).

Source (1) (2) (3) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that BYJ posted a recent selfie to his Japanese mobile fan site BYJ post but since the site is only accessible by members, I could not see it and I can't find anyone sharing it anywhere. I am more than willing to pay the fee to become a member but ithe site is only for Japan.  

Anyway, I am glad he is sharing his recent photo with his fans, even if it is for a limited number of them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 9:45 PM, sunny88 said:

Everyone stay healthy and take care!

Sunny, you are too kind and too cool--keeping this thread alive like you have been doing is just wonderful.  And to you as well, stay healthy and take care.  

• Like 1

Missed the selfie photo but this seems to be the place where he took his selfie.

BYJ-Post2.jpg

2020/03/06
人生でやりたいことリスト(6)
みなさんこんにちは!

今日は、前回お届けしたヨンジュンさんの自撮りを撮影した場所をご紹介します!
コースの途中にある場所なのですが、とても雰囲気がよく気に入ったためここで撮影したそうです!

20200308201134b50.jpg

たくさんの木々と、間から差し込む日差しと…とても気持ちがよさそうな場所です♪

なんだか一緒にコースをまわっている気分になる素敵な写真ですよね^^
それでは、この続きはまた次回のBYJPOSTでお届けします!

• 2 weeks later...

As the entire world is fighting against Covid-19, I hope BYJ, his family, his fans and really EVERYONE in the world will come through ok.   In trying to entertain myself while being at home all day and night, a friend suggested a drama called Crash Landing on you, starting Son Ye-jin, the lead actress of April Snow! This  of course prompted me to watch April Snow and then other BYJ movies and Drama! LOL

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/leisure/article/3076189/crash-landing-you-goblin-5-k-dramas-will-inspire-you-travel

Stay safe and well! :) 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25 March 2020 at 9:01 AM, sunny88 said:

As the entire world is fighting against Covid-19, I hope BYJ, his family, his fans and really EVERYONE in the world will come through ok.   In trying to entertain myself while being at home all day and night, a friend suggested a drama called Crash Landing on you, starting Son Ye-jin, the lead actress of April Snow! This  of course prompted me to watch April Snow and then other BYJ movies and Drama! LOL

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/leisure/article/3076189/crash-landing-you-goblin-5-k-dramas-will-inspire-you-travel

Stay safe and well! :) 

Hi sunny, did you finish watching CLOY? It's a good drama - I've been a fan of Hyunbin ever since..... :P

• Like 1