Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

17 hours ago, willenette said:

TOP 7 Korean celebrities who are also extremely successful CEOs !

You probably don’t know that many of your favorite Korean Idols or actors are extremely successful CEOs with their own businesses.

Next, let’s take a look at the Top 7 Korean celebrities who are also extremely successful CEOs of Kbiz.

7. Bae Yong Joon

Bae Yong Joon Bae Yong Joon

Bae Yong Joon became a businessman when he created company KeyEast Entertainment, one of the biggest entertainment companies when it comes to the acting industry. KeyEast boasts of an incredibly impressive roster of artists, including names such as Kim Seo Hyung, Moon Ga Young, Woo Do Hwan, Jo Bo Ah, Hwang In Yeop, Kang Ha Na, and more.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/05/13/top-7-korean-celebrities-who-are-also-extremely-successful-ceos/

Certainly proven to be a successful businessman but still wish he stayed with acting!!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

- Bae Yong Joon mentioned -

How much are Kim Soo-hyun and Song Joong-ki paid? Breaking down K-drama stars' ever-rising salaries

K-dramas are big business and the engines that keep them running are their stars. Hot prime-time shows capture the zeitgeist in South Korea, but they’ve proven just as popular overseas, allowing big-name actors to command extravagant fees.

Yet, as K-dramas become more popular in the streaming market, star salaries have gone haywire.

After Korean dramas first caught the imagination of foreign viewers two decades ago, star salaries were known to be around 20 to 30 million won per episode, but the 100 million won (S$118,000) era soon followed when Korean idol Bae Yong-joon became the first to crack the mark for The Legend in 2007, the last show he headlined before retiring.

cb804838-b932-11eb-9461-e80e43f535ad_972x_210304.jpeg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/how-much-are-kim-soo-hyun-and-song-joong-ki-paid-breaking-down-k-drama-stars-salaries

Though really and elegantly rendered, the lyrical style of this Korean blockbuster belies a complicated narrative of jealousy, grief and loyalty. In-Su has simply obtained information that his spouse has been fatally injured in a automobile crash and is mendacity comatose at a seaside hospital. Read more about it.

Edited by Cof Era
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 7:36 PM, sunny88 said:

Already June! Recently re-watched Winter Sonata for the million times and love it even more.  

@sunny88Hello, i haven't been here in ages but likewise, i watched WS numerous times & still loving it! i'm having a BYJ marathon these days, i just finished Hotelier the other day, and feeling the w/drawal syndrome, i also rewatched my dvd of April Snow :)

So sad he's not acting anymore! :(

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 10:30 AM, sunny88 said:

Happy August!  BYJ's birthday month! 

I plan to rematch his dramas and movies to celebrate!  :)

@sunny88, ohhh..............thanks for the reminder! August 29 is coming soon..... :GN1:

On 7/6/2021 at 6:16 AM, sunny88 said:

Happy July! Seems like the only "active" sites about BYJ are the Japan BYJ mobiles which actually uploaded  a few of his recent photos until last year and http://usamama44.blog57.fc2.com.  

@sunny88, thanks for sharing the link. It's a little far shot & we can't see his face but, I really appreciate you posting the link here. How I missed BYJ so much! :blush:

On 6/4/2021 at 10:36 AM, sunny88 said:

Already June! Recently re-watched Winter Sonata for the million times and love it even more.  

@sunny88, ohhh.................talking about this drama, I missed Park Yong Ha! For those who haven't finished watching this through the end, if you have never seen the ending of Winter Sonata you have missed out on the MOST exquisite ending ever filmed in Korean drama history. The scenes  were breathtakingly beautiful at an historical house and gardens. You can't really have a full appreciation for the genre unless you watch them. I've re-watched this drama many times. Doing this has been a very interesting experience for me. I rarely re-watch dramas these days since there are always newer shows. I had watched "Winter Sonata" very early in my drama journey. At the time, I was fully dependent on the subtitles provided in the DVD box set. :GN1:

___________________________________________________________________________________

*** Since we're talking about "Winter Sonata" here, one of the famous filming locations of the hit drama series in Chuncheon will be dismantled due to a housing redevelopment project. The so-called Junsang's House in Chuncheon, which was one of the key locations of "Winter Sonata," will be demolished to pave the way for a new apartment complex to be built by 2024. This house was once visited by hundreds of tourists, including Japanese fans of "Winter Sonata," every day after the drama first aired in Japan & I was one of them. As the drama craze faded, however, tourists have nearly stopped visiting the house since several years ago. Sigh..... Although, the piano and some household items, which were used in the filming of the drama, will be displayed at the park of the new apartment complex.  :heart:

AEN20210806005800315_04_i_P4.jpg

photo source : Yonhap News

• Like 1

6 Older K-Dramas To Watch That Will Never Get Boring

The world of K-Dramas is always growing with new dramas coming out every week. It can be hard to keep up with the latest dramas and releases.

However, sometimes you find yourself not knowing what to watch or having to wait for the new episodes of a drama you're watching. During these times, it's good to sometimes revisit some older or classic K-Dramas.

Wouldn't it be nice if in those moments you had a list of recommendations on what to watch? That's why we've made this list of classic K-Dramas to binge for the first time or rewatch!

These dramas are some of the older but classic dramas in K-Drama history and we hope you enjoy them!

Disclaimer: This list is not a ranking.

5. "Winter Sonata"

older-kdramas-to-watch_winter-sonata-kbs

KBS

When: 2002

Cast: Bae YongJoon, Choi JiWoo, Park YongHa, Park SolMi, Lee HyeEun, and Ryu SeungSoo

Summary: JoonSang (Bae YongJoon's character) moves to Chuncheon where he meets YooJin (Choi JiWoo's character). They become very close and start to fall in love. However, an unfortunate event causes JoonSang to lose all of his memories. The drama watches these characters navigate fate and memories over several years.

Reason to watch: There are a lot of unpredictable twists and complicated relationship dynamics that will make for an interesting watch.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/6-older-k-dramas-to-watch-that-will-never-get-boring/

• Like 1

The OG oppas: Male leads we first loved in the 2000s

1628877402-2000s.jpg

The K-drama fever has gone a long way from how it was in the past decades. Thanks to the rise of social media and the birth of more streaming platforms, people all over the globe now get to consume endless content, even from up-and-coming Korean celebrities.

But once upon a time in Hallyu history, years before Kim Seon Ho, Park Seo Joon, and Park Bo Gum began dominating our Instagram feeds, there were oppas who had already succeeded in making us fall hard with their bewitching presence on-screen. Here is a list of male leads who will reaffirm our belief that first love never dies.

Bae Yong Joon

1628874048-bae-yong-joon.jpg

Endless Love: Winter Sonata's Bae Yong Joon is known as one of those actors who are almost synonymous with the start of the Korean wave. He joined the industry in the 1990s, but it was his portrayal as Kang Jun Sang/Lee Min Hyung that established him as an icon in Asia. Who could ever resist that pure, innocent smile?

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

• Like 1

10 Korean Actors Who've Established Their Own Entertainment Agencies

Leading their own company is one of their many hats!

Aside from acting, your favorite Korean actors are also *thriving* in other fields like modelingfilm directing, and photography. Some of them also became businessmen, and they put up their own entertainment agencies. It's not unusual for a Korean celeb to star in dramas and movies and handle his own label at the same time—in fact, many of them are venturing into this nowadays. We already wrote about K-pop idols who are also CEOs, so here's an actor version just for you!

Korean Actors Who've Established Their Own Entertainment Agencies

8. Bae Yong Joon

You're probably familiar with Keyeast Entertainment, which houses some of the biggest stars in the industry like Hwang In Yeop, Moon Ga YoungWoo Do Hwan, and Kang Han Na, This agency was actually founded by Winter Sonata actor Bae Young Joon, and because of this career shift, he was listed in the 2015 top 10 billionaire stockholders. The executives of Keyeast were mostly Yong Joon's former managers whom he has worked with for more than a decade. In 2018, the agency was purchased by SM Entertainment.

bae-yong-joon-1629191560.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/korean-actors-who-established-their-own-entertainment-agencies-a4575-20210817?ref=home_feed_3

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 10:24 AM, willenette said:

The OG oppas: Male leads we first loved in the 2000s

The K-drama fever has gone a long way from how it was in the past decades. Thanks to the rise of social media and the birth of more streaming platforms, people all over the globe now get to consume endless content, even from up-and-coming Korean celebrities.

But once upon a time in Hallyu history, years before Kim Seon Ho, Park Seo Joon, and Park Bo Gum began dominating our Instagram feeds, there were oppas who had already succeeded in making us fall hard with their bewitching presence on-screen. Here is a list of male leads who will reaffirm our belief that first love never dies.

Bae Yong Joon

Endless Love: Winter Sonata's Bae Yong Joon is known as one of those actors who are almost synonymous with the start of the Korean wave. He joined the industry in the 1990s, but it was his portrayal as Kang Jun Sang/Lee Min Hyung that established him as an icon in Asia. Who could ever resist that pure, innocent smile?

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

YES! As much as I like other K actors, BYJ will also be #1 on my top 3!  I really wish he didn't stop acting. Whenever I see the other actors of his time in dramas, I can't help but wish that he plays the role instead.  Well, never say never right? :)

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, willenette said:

@sunny88 OMG - I forgot his special day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Oppa! :heart:    I hope he had a grand time with his family & loved-ones..................  :kisslevel:

Time is flying by!  It is about 4 ? years since I "discovered" BYJ which led me to the world of K dramas!  I hope him and his family is doing well! 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

AGE Difference of Korean Couples || Hyun Bin || Park Shin Hye || Kim Woo Bin||So Ji Sub

8.Bae Yong Joon and Park Soo Jin

Kim-Tae-Hee-and-Rain.jpg

Bae Yong Joon age 49 years and Park Soo Jin age 35 years
Bae Yong Joon is 14 years older than Park Soo Jin

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/09/17/shocking-age-difference-of-korean-couples-hyun-bin-park-shin-hye-kim-woo-bin/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It has been a long while and it is almost Thanksgiving here in the US.  I wanted to express my gratefulness for discovering the Kdrama world through the wonderful work of BYJ's winter sonata.  I didn't get into Kdrama until watching this about 3 years ago, then was hooked.   It is too bad he decided to stop acting but of course I respect his decision and wish him the best.  But because of him, I now also enjoy many great dramas of other wonderful actors/actresses! :)  BYJ will always remain in a special place in my heart since he will always be my "first love" :) in Kdrama!  

• Love 1

8 Must-Watch K-Dramas For Any Song Hye Kyo Fan

When you first become a K-drama fan, it doesn’t take much time to realize just how big of a deal Song Hye Kyo is in the Korean entertainment industry. Song Hye Kyo debuted as a model, which led to her first role in the series “First Love.”

Since then, she has only grown in popularity. If you are wanting to check out some of her other K-dramas, here are eight of them that are worth watching!

List is in no particular order.

2. “Hotelier”

hotelier.jpeg

Starring Bae Yong Joon as Shin Dong Hyuk, Song Yoon Ah as Seo Jin Young, and Song Hye Kyo as Kim Yoon Hee, the series is about Seoul Hotel, which Shin Dong Hyuk gets hired to manage after the CEO passes away. He then hires Jin Young to help him despite her bad reputation.

Song Hye Kyo plays Kim Yoon Hee, an heiress who falls in love with another hotel manager, Han Tae Joon (Kim Seung Woo). And while she isn’t the main female lead, she captivates viewers with her adorable charm and dramatic gazes.

Her ability to evoke so much emotion behind tearful eyes is very memorable and makes the series more enjoyable to watch.

(skipped unrelated.....P)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1