[Drama 2015] Assembly 어셈블리

larus

@adikkeluangman

I agree that the looks good as a model but I would rather he depict the emotion and the mindset of the character as an actor which I think he is doing pretty well. His relationship with his dad complicates his emotions with anger and frustration and then his dad dies without any settling of his own feelings towards his father especially when his last words towards the father were harsh. He has to find somebody to blame to ease his mind. I want him to depict those feelings. It is unreasonable for anyone else but for him it is. This drama could be a defining moment for him as an actor. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@adikkeluangman

I agree that the looks good as a model but I would rather he depict the emotion and the mindset of the character as an actor which I think he is doing pretty well. His relationship with his dad is complicates his emotions with anger and frustration and then his dad dies without any settling of his own feelings towards his father especially when his last words towards the father were harsh. He has to find somebody to blame to ease his mind. I want him to depict those feelings. It is unreasonable for anyone else but for him it is. This drama could be a defining moment for him as an actor. 

@zenya22,  GW anger is place with himself I do agree with you on this he wants to use JPS to vent that anger at because he's mad at his last words to his father and despite it all his father understood what JPS was trying to do ad ask him to look out for GW and he don't know what to make of this he wanted his dad to stop doing the pickets but now dad didn't stop because he wanted him to but because he lost his life somehow that last msgs that JPS have from his dad will come into play with his final decision on something very important in JPS career..  

totally agree with you @irilight ~ if there has to be romance, it is better that it is with taec's character; it would provide the necessary lighter moments....

for two reasons, would really not want sang pil to have a romance. if sang pil has to have a romance line, I want it to be with his estranged wife. for me, it was really sad to see how tired and worn out she was from carrying the financial and emotional burden of the family while he was off on his idealistic no-result crusade of getting his job back. while she slogged and held the family together, he was in the dock with his fellow union members protesting and protesting and protesting for over 3 years... how tiring it would have been. no wonder his daughter just tells him to give the mom divorce... they are not getting a divorce because they fell out of love but simply because she is tired -- that makes for a much more interesting romantic conflict. how does one get his wife to feel the energy again in the marriage? how does a man who neglected his family for his idealism get his family back? that would be a far more interesting relationship to see...

the second reason is it irks me to keep seeing dramas where men and women cannot seem to work together without the whole romance angle. :crazy: really don't want sang pil to develop any romantic tendre/relationship with his consultant. is it necessary for men and women to automatically fall in love just because they have clashes in idealism, work ethics etc? it is so boring to keep on seeing that. can we instead see a man and woman work together and develop mutual respect, camaraderie and platonic (oppa-donseng) affection? now, that would be refreshing....

Guest adikkeluangman

New episode tonight, happy watching to all. I tried to not miss EP3 at KBS World tonight.

Preview for EP5.

totally agree with you @irilight ~ if there has to be romance, it is better that it is with taec's character; it would provide the necessary lighter moments....

for two reasons, would really not want sang pil to have a romance. if sang pil has to have a romance line, I want it to be with his estranged wife. for me, it was really sad to see how tired and worn out she was from carrying the financial and emotional burden of the family while he was off on his idealistic no-result crusade of getting his job back. while she slogged and held the family together, he was in the dock with his fellow union members protesting and protesting and protesting for over 3 years... how tiring it would have been. no wonder his daughter just tells him to give the mom divorce... they are not getting a divorce because they fell out of love but simply because she is tired -- that makes for a much more interesting romantic conflict. how does one get his wife to feel the energy again in the marriage? how does a man who neglected his family for his idealism get his family back? that would be a far more interesting relationship to see...

the second reason is it irks me to keep seeing dramas where men and women cannot seem to work together without the whole romance angle. :crazy: really don't want sang pil to develop any romantic tendre/relationship with his consultant. is it necessary for men and women to automatically fall in love just because they have clashes in idealism, work ethics etc? it is so boring to keep on seeing that. can we instead see a man and woman work together and develop mutual respect, camaraderie and platonic (oppa-donseng) affection? now, that would be refreshing....

Hello everyone :) 

I love this political drama. I've been lurking and enjoying this thread and the drama. But I gotta delurk for once...I totally agree with your suggestions on Sang Pil and on political office romance vs platonic respect and camaraderie.

Assembly Fighting!

@adikkeluangman

I agree that the looks good as a model but I would rather he depict the emotion and the mindset of the character as an actor which I think he is doing pretty well. His relationship with his dad is complicates his emotions with anger and frustration and then his dad dies without any settling of his own feelings towards his father especially when his last words towards the father were harsh. He has to find somebody to blame to ease his mind. I want him to depict those feelings. It is unreasonable for anyone else but for him it is. This drama could be a defining moment for him as an actor. 

@zenya22,  GW anger is place with himself I do agree with you on this he wants to use JPS to vent that anger at because he's mad at his last words to his father and despite it all his father understood what JPS was trying to do ad ask him to look out for GW and he don't know what to make of this he wanted his dad to stop doing the pickets but now dad didn't stop because he wanted him to but because he lost his life somehow that last msgs that JPS have from his dad will come into play with his final decision on something very important in JPS career..  

@valsava, I agree and I think it would be through his relationship with JSP that GW will reconcile his feelings for his father, that he learns to accept his father for who he was and his choices even if he disagrees and that relationships can not always be what one expects. His maturity will be influenced by his relationship with JSP and In Kyung.

In the case of KH
He is a young man of ordinary Korea.
He is hard to get a job, and hate politics.
So i think writer had to choose the police exam preparing student.
(The buzzword these days in Korea is competitive civil service examination.
South Korea's competitive civil service exam is 100: 1 is more than.)

and He had grudge to JSP is sufficient reason to hate the politics.
Of course, as you say awkward. I understand.

Anyway, let's keep him.
He will be increasingly aware of the importance of politics.

His roll is small. but his roll is quite important.

while the drama moves fast, there are small stuff here and there that is kind of confusing :sweatingbullets:...maybe, should ignore those drama plot holes.
why does sang pil not know who GW is? even if dal soo never introduced his son, wouldn't SP know his name? wouldn't he know that the son was this age and he was taking this police exam? if they were so close, wouldn't he know stuff like that?? and it is clear that SP has a good memory for people and he recognized GW immediately from seeing him at the roadside shop. so dal soo never had a photo of his son? dal soo never showed him a picture and said "this is my kid"??? and it so strange that none of the dock workers recognized or knew GW was either.. that friend of sang pil who now works in the office doesn't know who GW is... isn't that kind of strange? and how did that friend end up getting a job at the office? is SP going to end up handing out jobs to all his ex-colleagues now?

but watching the wheeling and dealing is kind of exhausting ~ so does one have to have a certain kind of personality to survive such a place? is it any wonder that politicians are not really trusted in any place! but watching sang pil makes me wonder if there is room for sincerity in politics or if it is too naive to expect that....

@jadecloud, so great to see you here, chingu.. Welcome  !

@Lmangla, you bring up some interesting points, and of course I do not have the answer as to why none of the workers recognize GW as DS' son.

Also, what is the real connection between IG and GW. We know she knew him before, and asked about the police exam, but does she know about his connection to DS. Somehow, I doubt it. But she is the one who turnd GW down for the job application, but SP accepted him. 

Also, DS was GW's "biological dad" - but who are his parents who raised him? Is this missing part important for the story.

BTW, did you notice that SDJ, when he trained the new interns, he told them they need to learn to zip their mouths, but hi himself made derogatory remark to a colleague about SP.

@adikkeluangman

@valsava, I agree and I think it would be through his relationship with JSP that GW will reconcile his feelings for his father, that he learns to accept his father for who he was and his choices even if he disagrees and that relationships can not always be what one expects. His maturity will be influenced by his relationship with JSP and In Kyung.

@zenya22,  I think GW will come to realize that his father would have never made it in the political arena he may not even gotten elected and if he did the stress from it all would have either killed him or landed him in jail from being used.. I like how IK will be the one to punish him for his stupidity for his own selfish reason of wanting to take his anger out on JPS he's not thinking of how this affects the others as well as himself working in that office.. Him running around the assembly building like that I thought this is just the beginning for his hard lesson in life he will play to hard headed to learn.. But I thought about DH from  MBB would have look awesome and handsome running around the assembly building he makes running looks so sexy for a man..  Also that lady in recognized him (DH) she just has place who he's connected to..  Well I need subs to understand what today's episode was about besides JSP not going along with they planned.. And how could that other lady jack IK up in the collar like that..     

I know, I know no romance….and I said that I would not want a romance if it ruins the premise of the story but considering that in many great stories in the political halls of history even in the 21st century lay broken hearts, broken wills, broken homes and even broken bodies in the name of love as in Helen of Troy, Cleopatra and General Chao Chao in the Red Cliff movie. I am not asking for those kind of epic storytelling but realistically with majority of testosterone driven politicians walking the bureaucratic hallways, how can there be no simmering hormonal attraction…….Just saying

while the drama moves fast, there are small stuff here and there that is kind of confusing :sweatingbullets:...maybe, should ignore those drama plot holes.
why does sang pil not know who GW is? even if dal soo never introduced his son, wouldn't SP know his name? wouldn't he know that the son was this age and he was taking this police exam? if they were so close, wouldn't he know stuff like that?? and it is clear that SP has a good memory for people and he recognized GW immediately from seeing him at the roadside shop. so dal soo never had a photo of his son? dal soo never showed him a picture and said "this is my kid"??? and it so strange that none of the dock workers recognized or knew GW was either.. that friend of sang pil who now works in the office doesn't know who GW is... isn't that kind of strange? and how did that friend end up getting a job at the office? is SP going to end up handing out jobs to all his ex-colleagues now?

but watching the wheeling and dealing is kind of exhausting ~ so does one have to have a certain kind of personality to survive such a place? is it any wonder that politicians are not really trusted in any place! but watching sang pil makes me wonder if there is room for sincerity in politics or if it is too naive to expect that....

It is possible enough.
KH's father. He divorced when KH was a child.
It is also no wonder that IK is not suspected.
KH and DS does not have a link.
KH's family register may have been registered as belonging to his stepfather.

Of course, the SP knows his name.
But he does not know whether the same person.
KH is a common name.
There are many civil service exam preparation students of the same name.

I know, I know no romance….and I said that I would not want a romance if it ruins the premise of the story but considering that in many great stories in the political halls of history even in the 21st century lay broken hearts, broken wills, broken homes and even broken bodies in the name of love as in Helen of Troy, Cleopatra and General Chao Chao in the Red Cliff movie. I am not asking for those kind of epic storytelling but realistically with majority of testosterone driven politicians walking the bureaucratic hallways, how can there be no simmering attraction…….Just saying

Haha...IKR! I get your drift. It's almost impossible just as it is impossible to expect any politician anywhere to be honest and straight with the people. Everything that's said or done, has a political motive. None is or ever will be pure. That's the political sleaze game they like to play. And the speeches, the huge crowds, the political highs that exist...so it's no wonder that romance or lust do exist. Just look at the scenario in the West. Murphy's Law for politics should be 'anything that can benefit me/my political career, can be spewed or taken'. The hope, perhaps on quicksand, is there for politics to stay real and clear of hanky panky in any form, and be sincere in serving the people.   

I'm curious to find out how this writernim will develop the plot and the characters' relationships.

@irilight hello chingu. glad to be here :) 

PS: hmm...I remember going through the thread and clicking the like buttons, but... thanks to all for your insights and updates.

Hi all. Does anyone know the name of the classical music piece they are using? It's based on a classical piece but they have re-arranged it a little. It is very familiar but I cannot remember the name. You can hear it clearly here at 1:03:20. http://www.viki.com/videos/1073236v-assembly-episode-4 

Thanks! :)

If it is the classical one, it is Mozart,  Symphony No. 40 in G minor.

Guest ororomunroe

[Spoilers] Assembly

fansdf.jpg

Xports News - Naver: 'Assembly', Ok Taecyeon "The National Assembly? You mean the dumping ground where human trash live?

1. [+10,462, -104] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋHe took the words right out of our mouths ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+7,463, -72] I totally agree

3. [+6,484, -60] Words to live by ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+450, -8] Ok Cool ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋHis lines are the best

5 [+370, -5] The writer's jjang

6. [+110, -2] Ok Bingu's so likeable these daysㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+106, -3] Writer-nim knows the dirt of the National Assembly because he has worked there before, as I've heard

8. [+68, -2] Jin Sang Pil's somewhat a funny character. The more ignorant he is, the more daring he gets. It's refreshing

9. [+44, -3] That one line hold so much sincerity

Cr: kkuljaem

Archived