[Drama 2015] Assembly 어셈블리

larus

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irilight I guess we just ought to bear with the story... It's somewhat difficult to predict or foresee about this drama's storyline. I also wondering if they're going to make the 'grey' characters or downright black and white. Especially KGH. I don't mind if they serve us with platonic relationship between JSP and CIK (hey platonic relationship filled with respect is equally beautiful with romance!;) and this drama isn't made for romance either, but I slightly want to see deeper professional relationship between them. As up until now, CIK has only witnessed things that made her doubt JSP's ability and credibility. Like in every episodes, (to me) it feels as if she's always been on the verge of giving up on JSP LOL well from JSP's point of view, it's also hard for him because he has to play by the rules to contribute something and prove himself. Not to mention, he has to face with savvy and educated politician while he was only a welder.

DH -- he is married and yet these two women seem to be constantly wanting to please him. he has some strings but he is not all powerful. so what is the deal? it almost feels like a triangle with these three..

Maybe the ladies aim for the nomination? or maybe there's another story between BDH and CIK? They seem really really close as hoobae-sunbae (it's not strange though) but at one point, she flashed his graduation photo. And in order to achieve the coveted nomination from the 'mighty' secretary general, they have to showcase their loyalty. This what caught on my eyes too! Glad you pointed that out. Why do I always think that PCS has more influence than BDH?

@averena    I agree with your observation about the relationship between JSP and CIK. I too want to see that relationship develop into professional warm relationship.  I agree that from JSP point of view it is difficult, because he is like a "fish out of water" so to speak, in the Assembly, but I also think it is equally difficult for CIK, who had her own political aspirations, and in a sense got demoted to be his aide, and she really knows her way around the Assembly and the Press, but he does seem to trust her, as he always does not share with her or consult with her.  For their professional relationship to develop, they have to develop Trust in each other first.

Regarding her have a graduation photo of BDH - I thought they went to school together; Am I mistaken?

Eagerly awaiting the subbed episode, and will catch up on the thread and your comments about it once I watch it.

‘어셈블리’ 송윤아-정재영 / 어셈블리문전사 KBS미디어 래몽래인

Guest ororomunroe

[Spoilers] Assembly

fjakdf.jpg

Osen - Naver: 'Assembly' Song Yoon Ah chose Jung Jae Yong over Jang Hyun Sung 

1. [+684, -40] Fun drama ㅜ So much emphasis over dutch pay today ㅋㅋ

2. [+587, -25] There should be more Assemblymen like Jin Sang Pil

3. [+406, -33] This drama is enjoyable!!!!!!

4. [+117, -19] I was just watching 'Mrs. Cop' before this. Talk about upgrade in quality..

5. [+54, -6] Such a gem of a drama. Anyone can agree to the media blockage that was talked about today

6. [+50, -5] Assembly is really good ㅋㅋㅋJin Sang Pil's lines are refreshing and funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [45, -12] Why are the ratings in a slump? What a shame for a high-quality drama ㅠㅠ

8. [+28, -5] Still amazes me that Korea's capable of producing a drama like this  It doesn't lose to 'House of Cards' if I compare it

9. [+24, -1] Korea's Assemblymen should watch this drama. Jin Sang Pil can teach them a lesson

Cr: kkuljaem

Looks like this drama is underrate too. Wondering why many underrate dramas right now. 

Haven't watch it yet, but I will. I love Yoonah and Taechyeon, so will watch it soon. I still concentrate in my other best yet underrate drama too. 

Guest adikkeluangman

New episode tonight. Happy watching to all.

150806 KBS2 "Assembly" - Episode 8 Preview

I like how they used this classical piece and arrange it into few arrangement according to the mood. It can be in slow motion and next normal pace. 

EP.7

BDH was the hero of the EP.7.
He designed everything.

CIK finished her decision.
Now she will assist of JSP.

JSP also began to change something.
He escaped a friendly BH.
He will start to act as his own will.

@lalalala1234, you are right he did design everything. As for being a hero, I don't know if i would call him a hero, but I agree that he made the episode about him.

Guest averena

Can hardly wait for ep 8! In the process of downloading ep 7 with sub and so excited to jump right into ep 8. Seems CIK found out about KGH's fishy activities.

And why do I find the background music feel eerily similar to House of Cards?

After the subs, episode 7 turned out to be a whole different story from when watched without the subs. In this episode BDH took the meaning of a political ruse to a whole new level. He wrote, directed and starred in his own political play and made himself the victim of suspicion and rumor and strategically became unavailable for a few days. He then strutted back to Yeouido like a tragic diva sporting a tired, unshaven look and acting like a contrite desperado transgressor in time to grab the limelight and the attention to himself at a scheduled protest meeting for the persons in the hit list. The man excels in scheming. He entered the National Assembly hall looking beaten and left it a winner. He gave a speech giving up his constituency for the sake of “party solidarity” and to dedicate his duties as Secretary General to the creation of a committee to improve party nomination. HAH!!!! It only means he can now run whenever from a constituency of his choice. The fool Kang from anti BH faction had a smug face when BDH gave up his position and constituency but then complained to PCS that he felt like they lost and PCS told Kang that all along he had acted as BDH puppet. I love it when JPS met BDH leaving the assembly house with his aide. When he asked BDH why he put him on the hit list and BDH gave him a fuzzy “blame yourself explanation”, JSP gives BDH the up yours arm.

The only person ever {aside from the “elder” and his confidants maybe from the Blue House and his aide) who knew of BDH (list) and intentions is CIK. Now we know that BDH and CIK have a history.  I don’t like how Son Mi talks and gossips about CIK and BDH to the JSP team and yet I love that she drops hints because it gives me, the viewer, something to wonder about. Hehe.  So they were schoolmates and BDH was CIK’s sunbae.  Then there was that tidbit Soon Mi told GW about the reason for CIK’s divorce, “a sloshed and drunken incident.” What in the world happened CIK? It is not stated that BDH and CIK were ever lovers but they have known and been close friends and colleagues for more than 20 years and it seems that they have some deep emotional connection. They respected and seemed to care deeply for each other at one time until ambition tainted BDH worldview. Aside from being schoolmates they also both worked for the Blue House. CIK was the Senior Administrative Officer. They were always side by side. BDH comes from a family of politicians and he must have started with righteous political aspirations to serve his constituents. That was what originally attracted CIK. Now he has changed and CIK sees the righteous qualities In JSP that she once admired in BDH. So when BDH asked her to come work with him once more, CIK rejected him in favor of JSP. BDH with his big ego could not take it. He looked like rejected comrade and lover,  he never even had the thought of being rejected especially when CIK told him that she will make JSP the assembly man of GJ city the same city which BDH marked as his territory. His face, his body language said it all. So it is not just GJ City that will be the cause of and the price for the competition between BDH and JPS but it will also include the respect, admiration and sentimental regards or love??? of a woman….. CIK after all.  

As for Hong Chang Mi, she wants to be favored by BDH and so she is willing to become the shield for BDH when he has to face trouble and that is why she is called the Yeouido wife of the General Secretary even though she is married. She endures it so she can ask favors in return that will serve her purpose. She is jealous of the closeness and friendship of CIK and BDH. When she asked BDH to tell her the truth about the hit list, BDH scolded her and said she will only be given info on “need to know” basis and nothing more. Then CIK calls and BDH answers his call in front of Hong with explanations and meets with CIK. Hong holds on to professional jealousy.

I think JSP is learning that to ask for a favor from another needs a counter offer. Nothing is for free. He cannot just demand he has to give back something that will favor both parties. I scratch your back and you scratch mine.

I just love this drama. So let us see what Ep 8 brings after the subs

Guest ororomunroe

[Spoilers] Assembly

yy1.jpg

tv Report - Naver: 'Assembly' Jung Jae Young, an Assemblyman who cycles 'Increase in approval rating'

1. [+1,476, -37] The acting in this drama is perfection... Why aren't the rating increasing at all? It must be true that political dramas aren't everyone's cup of tea or is it because  people just don't want to witness the reality that the drama is depicting?

2. [+633, -22] God Jae Young is cool! 'Assembly' is really fun!

3. [+119, -5] Writer-nim, keep up the good work. Please don't let the ratings discourage you. You'll earn more viewers in no time. Hwaiting!!!

4. [+89, -5] I started watching after reading positive comments. If there's just one, just one Assemblyman like Jin Sang Pil surviving in Korea's terrible corrupted political environment

5. [+84, -2] Regardless of the ratings, this drama makes me ponder a lot.. I love it! I hope it doesn't lose its quality till the end!

6. [+70, -3] Where are the Jung Do Jeon fans when you need them? Come back and watch this drama. God Young Gyu's lines are here to amaze ~~!!

7. [+59, -2] Best political drama after 'Punch'. I personally think this is better

8. [+54, -1] Ah I wanna smack Baek Do Hyun

9. [+30, 0] Every single thing that Jin Sang Pil says, I wanna hear it through the news

10. [+28, 0] Jin Sang Pil is a cutieㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Cr: kkuljaem

After Punch, finally a similar kind of drama that got my attention this year.

The rating is affected since Lee Joon-gi and Joo Won is leading the drama at the other two stations.

Plus Assembly is not kind of drama that suit everyone, but I still hope they can achieve something like Punch. I remember although Healer receive a lot of love among international fans but I was glad that Punch maintain 1st in rating during that timeslot in Korea.

EP.7-8

BDH's ruse

EP.7
He was certainly the cause of the planned hit list.
Thoroughly tricked the Opposition BH.
Created a justification for moving the constituency using the Opposition BH.
This incident rise up his popularity nationwide.
He made the OSC(Presidential candidate of the opposition) as a cowardly man.
Removed the 29 people(OSC+Hit list's member) at a time.

EP.8
He began to use his birthplace and his father.
His father BCS(first Gyeong-je si's mayor) started a support.
His father found a wealthy region peoples with the support of the port development plan.

p.s)Gyeong-je si=Economy city

JSP
He had the look of a little change.
But he discover the truth of the BDH.
and He lost confidence in the CIK. Of course, i think it will be immediately restored.

CIK
CIK finished her decision.
She started a support plan for creating a JSP.
and to discover the plans of the KGH. 
CIK fired him. but JSP is then returned back to the him.
However, a problem with the trust of her and JSP.

KGH
His plan was quickly broken to CIK.
However, JSP has had him return.

Opposition BH

PCS
He belatedly realized the plan of BDH.
Economy city is a garden of the ruling party.
Exactly, Economy city is a gardens of the Opposition BH.
If he supports JSP situation is interesting.

KSH
He gave JSP to info the plan of the BDH.

@lalalala1234

Thank you for the recap. I was trying to see if you were going to post earlier and thank you about the info Re: Gyeong-je city. I tried to google the city just to see why BDH wanted to go there I thought it was a political battleground. Now I know Economy City. Why is it called Economy city?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 8 thoughts about it

I can’t even say how pissed I am and I don’t know who I am pissed at more: The snake BDH, but then we already know he is a snake, idiot and immature Hong (and I am glad the other assemblywomen are not like her), the lazy staff of JSP who does nothing but gossip, Son Mi who knows CIK more than anyone else but says nothing to defend her but instead talks about her behind her back and Ai Re the secretary team leader who does not know anything about CIK her life or her capabilities but makes very fast judgement about her as suspicious. Most of all I am disappointed at JSP for jumping into conclusions. I understand that he had gone through a lot of eye opening the last few hours before meeting CIK, listening about how he was made a fool of but again doing the usual leaping before looking and not give a chance to the one person who helped him stand on his feet is so foolish. The only other person who did some real work for JSP is GH even when he had intentions of destroying him. JSP gave him more consideration than he ever did CIK. If CIK did more eye rolling because of JSP she might end up rolling her eyes into her brain.

I do understand JSP’s perspective though because in his eyes CIK has not been totally honest when it comes to BHD. Her devotion to BDH has made her cautious about saying something negative about BHD. JSP even once asked CIK something about BHD and she answered that BHD was not that narrow minded. JSP said to CIK that she was defending BHD. During the conversation when CIK rejected BHD’s offer to work with him and said she will stay as an aide of JSP, she said the reason why she wants to help JSP become a competent Assemblyman for GJ City was because she did not want to see BDH fall further from grace and she said even if she will be working with JSP her eyes will be looking at BDH and she hoped that he will return to the dignified BDH he used to be. So she is actually saying that everything she does, it is all for BDH even if she was with JSP. She is attached to the past and the BDH of the past. It is no wonder that it comes out in her interactions with JSP. For as long as she wants to see the BDH of past, she will not be 100% with whomever she is working with in the present. She will always compare one with the other and her loyalties will be tested with one or the other. i hope she just dumps BHD all together.

As for GW I am so glad he has given up on that silly revenge. From what I have seen watching Kdramas, grown kids are close to their family even when they live on their own. The family unit is established. But with children of divorced kids, it seems that they are left alone on their own again based on kdramas I watched. So GW lived in one room unit and by himself. It is no wonder that the kid wanted to connect with his dad. He wanted a family. So it maybe that part of his anger towards JSP was because the death of his father meant his hopes of family connection was gone. Maybe he did not tell JSP who he was because he did not want to make him feel guilty, or feel pity. I am so glad that JSP took him in. His conversation with CIK regarding JSP make them co-conspirators to help JSP win. He said I want to see if he (JSP) will prove me wrong about what I thought about him and CIK said I want to see if he will prove me right or be the kind of politician she thought he was. I think that GW will turn out to be the most loyal defender for CIK and by extension JSP.

As for BHD his seniors in the assembly think that he ran away from his district and constituency because he was afraid to face Oh Sae Chang who was being touted as a potential candidate for presidency and who was planning to run and contest BHD in his district. So BDH was afraid of losing and set up JSP to hold his post in GJ city then run for GJ city himself and kick JSP out. All this energy wasted on an elaborate plan to run away just because he was afraid of losing to Oh Sae Chang. Maybe that will be BDH downfall. He is a loser.

@lalalala1234

Thank you for the recap. I was trying to see if you were going to post earlier and thank you about the info Re: Gyeong-je city. I tried to google the city just to see why BDH wanted to go there I thought it was a political battleground. Now I know Economy City. Why is it called Economy city?

The characters and locals are all fiction in this drama.
Election of Korea is next year.
Politicians are likely to be sensitive to the drama.
In particular, Assembly is being taken to the real National Assembly.
If they use the actual area or person, may encounter problems.

However, we can be expected the position.
local of Economy city is
maybe Ulsan or Busan or Pohang.

k6LfQlk.jpg

1. The southeast of South Korea
2. Located in the coastal city of Industry
3. Garden of the ruling party

p.s)

t9DEqoG.jpg

Red color = Saenuri party (Korea's ruling party)
Blue color = New Politics Democratic Union(Korea's opposition party)
Gray color = Independents

If you are so understanding.
Red = People party(drama)
Blue = Korea Democratic party

JSP gives BDH the up yours arm.

@zenya22 Thanks for the recap.

Ooooh I love ep 7 and 8. I just completed watching and am feeling so high on excitement, but the ending of ep 8 brings me down to the dumps for CIK. As usual, JSP is too quick in the wrong department - too quick to anger (during meetings), too quick to appease(trying to agree to whatever citizens want w/o analysis and research first) and too quick to jump to conclusion(re CIK meeting BDH). Wae-yo JSP-ssi? And wae wae no preview to ep 9? I can't wait for ep 9uuTefTn.gif

Some random thoughts....

I think BDH wants to run in Gyeong-je city mainly because that was his birth place, and his father was the first mayor. So hinging upon his father's achievement in the past, BDH thinks he has got it in his pocket already. But as Park says, he's going to regret his initial choice of JSP as the one-year seat warmer.

That JSP's arm action was really a highlight moment, at least to me it was. So funny yet it's exactly how politicians are when they get hot under their collars - uncouth and in your face. Of course, JSP is being himself at that moment, seeing that he hasn't yet learned the tricks, I mean, the desirable ways of a politician/an assembly man. Btw, here's a gift for Assembly fans...I mean gif :)

qiI5DlU.gifBgwX23Y.gif

CR: viki.com

And, I wasn't a fan of Taecyeon before. but I think he's growing on me. His acting is improving, and by a lot too. And, he's so good-looking...hehe. Can't help fangirling a lil...like JSP's lil girl was...LOL

HwWMcof.gif2IGdzoz.gif

CR: viki.com

----------------------------------------

@lalalala1234 Thank you for your recap too. And the info on Economy City,  Very interesting. SK's politics never fail to amaze. 

I believe this drama will end up surpassing Punch, which was very good. I like CIK and JSP more and more, and now, something inside me tells me I'd love to have an option for them to end up together as a couple. I know I know, I will have to eat my words first. LOL.

Btw, I find it 'cute' that a divorcee is also known as a 'returned single'. Is that a common or new age term? This is the first I've heard of in a kdrama. Perhaps just some form of 'lost in translation' effect? LOL. Anyhoo, I loveeee SYA. No matter what label/role she is tagged with, she never fails to perform well. Awesome actress! Assembly/CIK/JSP/KGH Hwaiting!pQz91Ca.gif

Still need to catch up on this week's episodes, and then will comment on the thread.

‘Assembly’ Song Yoon-Ah, smile angel of the shooting studio “Atmosphere Maker”

15215_1.jpg

The actress Song Yoon-Ah became a smile angel of the shooting studio.

The behind cut of Song Yoon-Ah was opened, who performs the role of Choi In-Gyung at KBS 2TV Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Assembly’.

In the picture Song Yoon-Ah is fresh and bright like a girl, and unchanged beauty makes people wonder.

As it is a politic drama, it has hard condition like long shooting time. Song Yoon-Ah supports other staffs and actors by bright and energetic smiles.

The drama staff showed expectation, “The shooting scene of ‘Assembly’ has bright atmosphere. That positive energy makes synergy, and it can lead the jump of ‘Assembly’ in this week.

‘Assembly’ is the drama about the member of the National Assembly Jin Sang-Pil who was welder. The seventh episode of ‘Assembly’ will be aired on 5th.

Source

@jadecloud

Dolsing(returned single) is new age term.
Dol=return(korean abbreviation) + sing=single(korea style abbreviation)
between the years it has been used generally in South Korea.
South Korea is sensitive to the meaning of the word. and divorce is not a good word meaning to Koreans.

Of course, divorce is still widely used.
Dolsing is a word used a lot of young divorced men and women.

@quockhanh45
New drama of Joowon and Kim Tae-hee seems to have seized the same time. (Yong-Pal EP.2 rating was 14%↑)

@jadecloud

Dolsing(returned single) is new age term.
Dol=return(korean abbreviation) + sing=single(korea style abbreviation)
between the years it has been used generally in South Korea.
South Korea is sensitive to the meaning of the word. and divorce is not a good word meaning to Koreans.

Of course, divorce is still widely used.
Dolsing is a word used a lot of young divorced men and women.

@quockhanh45
New drama of Joowon and Kim Tae-hee seems to have seized the same time. (Yong-Pal EP.2 rating was 14%↑)

@lalalala1234  Ah I see. I like this new age term. I think it's more positive for a life-dealt negative situation. Thanks for the info :)  Please keep giving us your inputs on k-tidbits.

Aish it's sad for Assembly with that new drama in the same timeslot. I hope Assembly gets better ratings than it is showing currently. Assembly deserves better ratings! This scriptwriter is awesome and the acting is superb! Also, this being a superb actor like JJY's maiden appearance on TV, gotta support that, SK peeps! Assembly FIGHTING!

@jadecloud, Taecyon's GW character has some serious fan-girl in JSP's daughter. She even called him at work.

@zenya22 IKR :) JSP's daughter will have to fight with So Min for KGH's affection. LOL. I also like that rookie actress as DJ character. Will she join the fight too? LOL.

Archived