Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larus

[Drama 2015] Assembly 어셈블리

Also: Jung Jae Young :wub:!!!! I really believe no other actor could have pulled off JSP's combination of righteousness, gaucheness and bloody-mindedness. The character could have been either unbearably irritating or completely unbelievable. Or both. But JJY knew just when to bring the deadpan, the innocence and the passion. And his speeches! Maybe it's just me, but no k-drama has ever made me cry so much, and it was mostly JSP's speeches that did it for me. Even JJY's fellow actors looked quite shattered. Did anyone notice the tear running down the face of the guy who plays the "Avatar" during the final moments of JSP's filibustering speech?

@lalalala1234, I cannot stop laughing at the photo of Jang Hyun Sung, Kim Seo Hyung and Taecyeon. The youngster looks so glum, while the two senior and infinitely better actors are messing around. I wonder if they were making fun of his serious face...

I'm finally watching the final episode and emotional are all running while watched it. This is such a great drama for this year. I like how the ending tied up all the loose end for main character.  Not too forget almost every episode there will be a scene where JSP gave his speech. Remind me of watching Lord of The Rings trilogy, there must be few battles before the epic battle on each movie. 

The bad people in this drama are BDH aide and PCS. Other than that they're all in good track but get side track for a while until JSP came along. Don't Care Faction is like the best family you can get. They will be back on each other. OK, so Seunggi open a company where he become the CEO but it used JSP name. Since they working at dock ship, so they must make some money because shipping is such a lucrative industry.

They must buy some time while doing the last episode because there few times when they showed flashback and pictures of everything. I hope all actors and staff that involved will be friends outside of the drama and keep in touch because they all so very precious. 

From jikyuim's ig. Actor Im Ji Kyu or Shim Dong Chim in drama Assembly. He missed the people from Don't Care Faction already. I'll check his profile and he is 81'er. So this make Taecyeon is the youngest male actor in this drama.

Looks at Taecyeon manner legs. 

@Lmangla
Chaak(次惡)
The word that exists in the East asia.
Choosing to avoid the inevitably disastrous, better than the worst evil.

Bad politician is better than a Dictators.
For example
Korea is a country that experienced a military dictatorship. abuses of dictatorship were serious.
In the past, many people had to die unjustly.

Actually that is how the world changes, not only in Asia but all over the world. The world is made up of people and as people change so will the world. Great drama

Finally got to watch the final episode subbed. Awwwww, CiK was the one BDH will die for. Anyway, I believe that people do change. I think that BDH was in no position of power, personal power to be more specific any longer. As he said himself he is a slave with power which is very much a contradiction to the word. He became a slave to his own greed of power and compromises and double deals that he opened himself  to become a delinquent debtor and vulnerable to manipulation and blackmail himself. "Do unto others what you want done to you. That was the low point in his life and career. When at the end he was alone by himself after a talk with CIK they show PCS and his his former aide waiting for him to succumb to their blackmail. And BDH calls for a press conference and supports JSP bill and decides to face his blackmailers and obey the law squarely. Yes it can happen. Many great people who have fallen down from grace and  feel the worse of their lives is when the  inspiration and determination to change is done. it is not an easy process nor an easy choice. It is seeing or questioning what would be the better choice, freedom vs en-slavery to someone else manipulation. He would be dumb to chose a state of vulnerability to blackmail. I applaud BDH for that choice.

As for CIK , she became an Assembly woman and among all of them she is the most deserving one, I think because she is passionate and dedicated to politics. Being with JSP has certainly taught her decency as a human being and as a politician. I love it. She will certainly give PCS a run for his money.

JSP went  back to iron welding where it seems to be his passion and Sunggi is his boss or rather Sungi's wife Ae Ri is the boss. So the romance in this drama is Ae Ri and Sunggi and they got married. As for GH he joins the JSP family and I love that too. The rest of the team now work with Assembly woman Choi.

Bravo, for the drama. Thank you!!!

[Scans] Hanryu T.O.P Vol.44 - November 2015 (Taecyeon)

CP0JWz1UwAAhlWb.jpgCP0Jc4gUsAAoD34.jpg

CP0JZzoUEAAJmTV.jpg

jngwyng

In last episode of  3 Meals A Day Season 2 where Taecyeon a part of the show, he mentioned about the episode where Park Shin Hye been a guest and actors Lee Seo Jin and Kim Kwang Gyu tease him to confess to PSH. He said when he went to filming for Assembly after the episode aired, drama staff asked him to tell PSH that he love her.

My cable doing rerun for drama Heard it Through the Grapevine, I know that Jang Hyun Sung in that drama but I never realized that Yoon Bok In or Oh Ae Ri in this drama is his wife in drama HITTG.

2PM Interview MORE November 2015

TAECYEON X CHANSUNG
Cool and sexy “Suit Men”
The two tall guys dressed in stylish suits as lovely as a sigh♥

tumblr_inline_nw29jiB12A1qctgyv_500.jpg

“I wear suits daily for my drama, so I’m not keen on wearing them right now (laugh).” - Taecyeon
“Although I like them, I usually go for simple and casual.” - Chansung

Heart? Looks? A passionate talk all about women’s charms!
—The men who look good in suits love women. They really suit you!
Taecyeon: I really like suits. However, since I’m filming the Korean drama “Assembly” right now and I’ve been wearing them every day, I’ve come to somewhat dislike them. Neckties are harsh (laugh).
Chansung: Your praise means that I look good in a suit? I’m happy! For women’s fashion as well, I think it’s really cute when they look good in what they’re wearing. However, the most important thing for me is personality! A girl who is cheerful and concentrated on her work is charming!

Scans: timing_kei Jpn-Eng: @dawnjelly
For full article : http://2pmalways.tumblr.com/post/130951427120/trans-2pm-interview-more-november-2015
MAY BE TAKEN OUT WITH PROPER CREDITS!!! 

I still need to watch the last 2 episodes. I do it sometimes with drama I love and I just don't want it to end. Will watch the last 2 episodes at later date. And I will catch up on the thread at that time.

Please vote for Assembly as the best drama (or one of the best drama) in 2015. You can vote daily.

http://www.koreandrama.org/the-best-korean-drama-of-2015/

Finally it happened in real life.

From Taecyeon twitter:

Trans : A filibuster... To think we got to see something that was in the drama Assembly in real life... (by 2pmalways)
[Note] Taecyeon refers to the following event: http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-south-korea-parliament-filibuster-terror-bill-20160224-story.html 

[TRANS] Allure April ‘16. Taecyeon Interview: 

CeW0b1UWQAAKLvu.jpg

- Last year, you played all over the variety and drama land with The Three Meals and Assembly. Yesterday and today, the no. 1 search keyword was “filibuster,” and I didn’t even need to search for it because I knew the meaning very well because I watched Assembly real time last year.
Haha, me too. When I came back from Japan, I check it out wondering what was going on. Subsequently, Assembly also rose to top search keywords. I was lucky to participate in Assembly. I didn’t have plans for drama at the time. I only had some free time from June to August because we had a long tour abroad, but I was able to do it because it was exactly the time when the drama filming began. I filmed both Assembly and The Three Meals simultaneously, but only this year did I begin to think that I did a good job working on both.

http://2pmalways.tumblr.com/post/141716007345/trans-allure-april-16-taecyeon-interview 

Hi to all, anyone revisiting this drama? I had to come over to post after I read a posted link which featured the elections and the results happening in SK. What was in the news surprised and impressed me of the political knowledge of the writer of this drama Jung Hyun-Min. But then he is an experienced political reporter. Assembly had so much similarities with the political maneuvering and changes depicted in this drama and the real life political happenings in SK at the moment. The difference is the hero in this drama did not leave the dominating party but he stayed to change it and in Assembly there were 3 parties and the 3rd new and progressive party did win some electorate vote enough to challenge the power of the 2 dominant parties, same as what happened in the recent elections. The difference is the head of the newcomer progressive party in this drama was a woman. I loved this drama. I don't know why it did not gain any traction on the viewing audience of SK. The writer is so accurate, it is as if this drama was a prediction of the future which now became the present. 

I hope after the recent events, the viewing audiences will view this drama and visit this thread. 

On 9/25/2015 at 1:52 AM, AmeldaL said:

Also: Jung Jae Young :wub:!!!! I really believe no other actor could have pulled off JSP's combination of righteousness, gaucheness and bloody-mindedness. The character could have been either unbearably irritating or completely unbelievable. Or both. But JJY knew just when to bring the deadpan, the innocence and the passion. And his speeches! Maybe it's just me, but no k-drama has ever made me cry so much, and it was mostly JSP's speeches that did it for me. Even JJY's fellow actors looked quite shattered. Did anyone notice the tear running down the face of the guy who plays the "Avatar" during the final moments of JSP's filibustering speech?

@lalalala1234, I cannot stop laughing at the photo of Jang Hyun Sung, Kim Seo Hyung and Taecyeon. The youngster looks so glum, while the two senior and infinitely better actors are messing around. I wonder if they were making fun of his serious face...

@AmeldaLI just read a link that was posted about the results of the elections in SK and it is impressive how this drama was like a prediction of the present happenings. There are so much similarities to this drama. I applaud the writer Jung Hyun-Min

I am re-watching this.