[Drama 2015] Assembly 어셈블리

larus

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lauren2b2

he was not suicide.  
Your think is police interview of TaecYeon?
KyuHwan(TaecYeon's character) said
in  ep  3  his  son  said  something  like  that  man climbed  that crane  because  he  has  no  place  on  the  ground.  

But, you seem to not heard a Bae Dal-Su's voice message.
He said.
"Dear Pil. I rise on a crane for sit-in."
"My Withdrawal of a sit-in conditions are two things."
"1. company back to work"
"2. Pil will be lawmaker to respect people."
"If it would be any one implemented, I quit the strike."
"See you again."

KyuHwan completely misunderstood and went to the National Assembly.

@lauren2b2

he was not suicide.  
Your think is police interview of TaecYeon?
KyuHwan(TaecYeon's character) said
in  ep  3  his  son  said  something  like  that  man climbed  that crane  because  he  has  no  place  on  the  ground.  

But, you seem to not heard a Bae Dal-Su's voice message.
He said.
"Dear Pil. I rise on a crane for sit-in."
"My Withdrawal of a sit-in conditions are two things."
"1. company back to work"
"2. Pil will be lawmaker to respect people."
"If it would be any one implemented, I quit the strike."
"See you again."

KyuHwan completely misunderstood and went to the National Assembly.

Yes, it was not a suicide but an accident. Even without the voice message, it was strange his reason to  climb the crane to jump from there. For what? If he wanted to make a "statement" by killing himself, he would have done it in daylight. He was not the type to give up easily. Even when Jin Sang Pil "betrayed" their cause, he went in hunger strike all by himself. Not even his son made him change his mind. That`s a very stubborn man. I am glad that they cleared this because I would not believed the suicide plot. Plus, when he was climbing the crane, he slipped one time and he grabbed the ladder not to fall. 

Still it was a bad decision on his part. He was not in good shape, it was dark, and how long he would have survived there? I was annoyed by his stubbornness.

Hmmmmm, In every start of every episode there is a note saying "All characters, party names and incidents appearing in this drama are fictitious by creative works" Just makes me wonder why. Smiling to myself. I remember a drama that was cut 2 episodes just when it was getting good and the ending hanging unfinished because the cases in the drama were too similar to the cases happening in real life. Guess this drama needed a disclaimer just in case.

Anyway I still am waiting for the completion of subs in episode 4 but I already see that Sang Pil is being introduced to reality of politics. He is being played dirty and being made a fool. He is really putting effort to learn by book but he needs to listen to In Kyung after all she has been in politics for a long time. In Kyung's loyalty to him is also being tested. Then Gyu Hwan became an assistant aide? and the looks he gives Sang Pil when SP is not looking is so calculating. Interesting. I will re watch after the subs but In Kyung and Sang Pil have chemistry. This is getting good.

Hmmmmm, In every start of every episode there is a note saying "All characters, party names and incidents appearing in this drama are fictitious by creative works" Just makes me wonder why. Smiling to myself. I remember a drama that was cut 2 episodes just when it was getting good and the ending hanging unfinished because the cases in the drama were too similar to the cases happening in real life. Guess this drama needed a disclaimer just in case.

Anyway I still am waiting for the completion of subs in episode 4 but I already see that Sang Pil is being introduced to reality of politics. He is being played dirty and being made a fool. He is really putting effort to learn by book but he needs to listen to In Kyung after all she has been in politics for a long time. In Kyung's loyalty to him is also being tested. Then Gyu Hwan became an assistant aide? and the looks he gives Sang Pil when SP is not looking is so calculating. Interesting. I will re watch after the subs but In Kyung and Sang Pil have chemistry. This is getting good.

@zenya22, I enjoyed reading this comment and all others after being thrown out of my drama watching time and getting caught back up I'm also liking the chemistry between SP and IK,, I'm wondering if they decide to take they relationship further how will the Ex wife feel about this.. IK is being tested because her so called friend and loyalty to the other man back stab her after he told her he would put her name in for being a candidacy,,       

@zenya22, I enjoyed reading this comment and all others after being thrown out of my drama watching time and getting caught back up I'm also liking the chemistry between SP and IK,, I'm wondering if they decide to take they relationship further how will the Ex wife feel about this.. IK is being tested because her so called friend and loyalty to the other man back stab her after he told her he would put her name in for being a candidacy,,       

@valsava, Well the daughter said to the dad to let go of the mom as that is what the mom wants. I think the relationship between In Kyung and Sang Pil if they were to take it further will become one of the intriguing issues of the drama and the opposing party could use against them. I watched episode 4 fully subbed and Sang Pil is not that naive about politics nor stupid as the other politicians may think. His naturally caring attitude as in helping the worker with the welding and telling the story of the head accountant who retired early will carry him far to where none of his co- politicians ever expected. Never underestimate the power of sincerity towards the people. IN kyung has a conscience after all and I love how nonchalantly Sang Pil breaks her animosity towards him. IK "Why do you believe in me when you know I am with BDH?" SP, eats chicken calmly,  "I believe in you unconditionally" and the rest of that conversation... then IK tells Sp that they both rewrite the questionaire

Then he asked the questions by first giving example and not only that but gave his own impromptu vote at the end of his questionnaire, by voting against the proposed budget. Oh my, the baby tiger is growing stronger! Gyu Hwan even had that look of doubt as in doubting his own opinions of Sang Pil. I can't wait for the next episodes. Looks like In Kyung is questioning the intentions of GH joining the team and there will be a contentious relationship between GH and IK simmering below the surface. The writers are just starting to warm up and it is so good already. I wonder what bombs they have in store

I love episode 4. I can`t wait to watch the next episode. When SangPil was asked to speak in his first general meeting I paused. I wanted to prepare myself to watch him in an embarrassing moment. It was not good for him but it was funny to watch. "Fighting!" Then when he struggles to not fall asleep at the economy discussion. He has potential but he was like a kid that doesn`t know what to do, trying to understand the world he lives.

tumblr_ns1pywo4rG1sdd1ivo1_540.png Yeah, right. But I can`t wait to prove them wrong!!!!

Funny moments...

tumblr_ns1pywo4rG1sdd1ivo2_540.png

tumblr_ns1pywo4rG1sdd1ivo3_540.png:w00t:

One of my favorite moments of the episode was when In Kyung saw Sang Pil welding the pipe. He was in his element, he was competent but he never looked at the inexperienced man in front of him condescending. He wanted to help him in the future to be better. Maybe that moment and the one where he told her that he believes in her unconditionally, made her decide where her loyalty will be. She is a woman of conscience after all.

I wish someone would do a brief recap each episode when it's subtitled. That way I guess things might progress in this thread. I like this drama a lot because of it's subject matter, the acting is icing on the cake.

I'm wondering if KGH (Kim Gyu Hwan) trying to exact revenge he will end up admiring this JSP ( Jin SangPil)

I also hope that IK ( InKyung) swipes off the smug smirk of that other assembly woman Hong Chan Mi, but why do I like Hong Chan Mi. Maybe its because she is fighing against all these men. I seem to crave to see every scene of her!!:w00t:

This might be a political drama but the human stories behind each character keeps me intrigued!

Modified budget of the strategy finance committee, Wow JS got his hands full put a dummy in office and he will dance to our strings.. So they thought all what they plan to do while he approves and they pocket the money and he takes the heat may even end up going to jail if he follow they plans.. So now we got and underdog in they party that's going to work against both parties I see now his life maybe his daughter life will be threaten if he don't fix it were one of those parties can pocket some of that money I tell you this drama is very interesting and I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes..

GW when will he get a look at the big picture will he learn exactly what his father would have went through if he took that position.. Let's see how JS change boy wonder eyes before his sight..        

Dropping by to leave my first look piece and also say that, while I love what is happening between Sang Pil and In Kyeong, I personally wish it will remain as friendship. I think so far, they are starting to respect each other as people and realizing that they are both good politicians who want something better for the country. I won't mind a romance, but I do hate it how most dramas assume men and women can only like each other if their hormones act up. It kind of reduces all the other emotions and makes one doubt whether there is true respect, camaraderie, loyalty etc or whether it's just "feels" because they started fancying each other.

If this gives us an epic friendship and partnership between the two, they can add a romance later, no problem. Or no romance at all. As long as they do that first part. So far, they are and I love it. I also love that the women in this series are competent and that In Kyeong has her own story here, which is about work and ethics and her becoming a good politician too. She matters in the story beyond just making the "oppa" (oppajeossi?) better or hotter and that is very important and rare for dramas in general.

Enjoy watching, folks! I hope the ratings will at least stay where they are and not fall. I don't want the production getting "ideas". We know what happens when they do. And this is KBS2...

[HanCinema's Drama First Look] "Assembly"

photo617134.jpg

Politics in Korean drama can be a tricky subject, as ratings for KBS2's "Assembly" have shown. Perhaps catching audiences at a bad time for intrigue and government drama, the series has not been doing well in the numbers. For international fans, this is only important if changes are made due to it. What is most important, however, is whether the series is actually good and consistent in what it presents itself as. "Assembly" is both.

Some dramas use politics as a frame for romances and revenge stories, but this one makes it an integral part of its identity. This means that, while there is engaging character-driven drama, the show is heavily political. Writer Jeong Hyeon-min has personal experience in politics, so viewers can expect a thorough approach. For viewers who do not have an interest in it, it can be hard to follow at times. However, its human element is rewarding.

>> Full Piece <<

Dropping by to leave my first look piece and also say that, while I love what is happening between Sang Pil and In Kyeong, I personally wish it will remain as friendship. I think so far, they are starting to respect each other as people and realizing that they are both good politicians who want something better for the country. I won't mind a romance, but I do hate it how most dramas assume men and women can only like each other if their hormones act up. It kind of reduces all the other emotions and makes one doubt whether there is true respect, camaraderie, loyalty etc or whether it's just "feels" because they started fancying each other.

If this gives us an epic friendship and partnership between the two, they can add a romance later, no problem. Or no romance at all. As long as they do that first part. So far, they are and I love it. I also love that the women in this series are competent and that In Kyeong has her own story here, which is about work and ethics and her becoming a good politician too. She matters in the story beyond just making the "oppa" (oppajeossi?) better or hotter and that is very important and rare for dramas in general.

Enjoy watching, folks! I hope the ratings will at least stay where they are and not fall. I don't want the production getting "ideas". We know what happens when they do. And this is KBS2...

Politics in Korean drama can be a tricky subject, as ratings for KBS2's "Assembly" have shown. Perhaps catching audiences at a bad time for intrigue and government drama, the series has not been doing well in the numbers. For international fans, this is only important if changes are made due to it. What is most important, however, is whether the series is actually good and consistent in what it presents itself as. "Assembly" is both.

Some dramas use politics as a frame for romances and revenge stories, but this one makes it an integral part of its identity. This means that, while there is engaging character-driven drama, the show is heavily political. Writer Jeong Hyeon-min has personal experience in politics, so viewers can expect a thorough approach. For viewers who do not have an interest in it, it can be hard to follow at times. However, its human element is rewarding.

>> Full Piece <<

Do not you worry.

SP is a married man. Of course, the man of the divorce crisis.
But, i think will not love line between SP and IK.
That's not the style of the writer.
If love line if there is.
Maybe It will emerge between TaecYeon and young female employee.

I agree with Orion`s review, especially about Kim Gyoo-hwan`s decision to give up his dream and to join Sang Pil`s staff, to revenge against him,  to sabotage him. He did not agree with his father`s decision in the first place, he may not liked what Sang Pil did to his fellow coworkers but he seamed more grounded in reality. SP`s decisions did not affected him emotionally like the other strikers.  I really don`t know what to think about Gyoo Hwan, it is hard to understand him. He wants to prove something to his father. He feels guilt as well? I don`t get his logic but maybe they will explore his struggles better. What if he did not get the job? It was almost a possibility. 

>> Full Piece <<

@orion,  Reading your post made me think of something, Mr Beak plans to knock JSP from his grace I don't think it's going to go as planned I think IK will end up in JSP position and She will be a match for the other lady but JSP will move up to a higher post or she will..

I have a thing for this drama I don't care so much about romance in this drama I'm more into the political aspects of it..

I agree with Orion`s review, especially about Kim Gyoo-hwan`s decision to give up his dream and to join Sang Pil`s staff, to revenge against him,  to sabotage him. He did not agree with his father`s decision in the first place, he may not liked what Sang Pil did to his fellow coworkers but he seamed more grounded in reality. SP`s decisions did not affected him emotionally like the other strikers.  I really don`t know what to think about Gyoo Hwan, it is hard to understand him. He wants to prove something to his father. He feels guilt as well? I don`t get his logic but maybe they will explore his struggles better. What if he did not get the job? It was almost a possibility. 

@larus,  Gw feels guilty about granting his father his wish of him not being his father son and he died Gw understands why his dad was apologetic to JSP at the end because if one of those strike workers isn't in position in the assembly hall who will fight for them and it would only create more of them.. GW dad had taken that position he would have been they puppet and the one to harm his fellow workers..  Gw also hated the way his dad and those strike workers took up fighting that lost cause.. In one sense JSP did backstab them but it was for the greater good..  

Love the review of @Orion and I don't mind a romance later but politics first. The reason I like a romance here because it would be a first time ahjusshi-ahjumma romance for me as I have not been long watcher of K drama. I don't want the drama to be about romance either if it is going to ruin the premise of the drama. I think that In Kyung had many doubts about SP in the beginning and she was also mad at BDH for for selecting SP whom she thought was incompetent and not properly groomed for politics and she also wanted to be nominated for the position in the first place. Little by little SP is melting that distrust as she got to know him. She id now given her full support and will go against BDH. They are towing party lines. Maybe they will change the ideals of their party we shall see. I love political dramas like "The West Wing". I think that Gyu Hwan is starting to question his opinion about SP at the end of the episode his expression showed that. He like everybody else thought that SP will just acquiesce to the demands of the party. 

I really don`t know what to think about Gyoo Hwan, it is hard to understand him. He wants to prove something to his father. He feels guilt as well? I don`t get his logic but maybe they will explore his struggles better. What if he did not get the job? It was almost a possibility. 

Guilt because of how cruelly he spoke to him, anger for those who wronged him. I personally have no trouble understanding his emotions, I just think his transition from those to creating this whole takedown plan was rushed too much, especially in its logic. No matter how angry he is, he is not just barging in to beat Sang Pil up. It takes planning and time to get in there, and devotion. No matter how angry, he would have calmed down and thought before that. I assume it takes more than a few days to just casually stroll in and ask for such a position.

Who exactly has presented him with proof that Sang Pil betrayed his dad and everyone? That he did not try to help them with his actions? His dad's coworkers don't even know Gyoo Hwan's face. It's not like he knew them all and knew the situation full well and with all the details. Does he believe his never-met-her-before aunt? And the "Oh, I heard him saying he did it to the reporters" bit is just not convincing. Sang Pil was clearly emotional at the funeral and angry at the reporters. Does Gyoo Hwan really think an assemblyman would admit to a crime in front of the press and at his victim's funeral?

It just feels forced for the sake of plot progression to have a guy start off to destroy another guy (and his own future his father wished for him) without some research and solid evidence that said latter guy did commit a wrong. A few extra scenes of Gyoo Hwan being given enough circumstantial evidence to be almost certain of what happened would have made his misguided plan a bit more reasonable.

It reminds me of the 'Prime Minister and I' revenge plan a bit. But at least in that one, Mr. Revenge was testing the prime minister. It was still kind of silly to assume guilt and plan someone's downfall without proof, but at least he seemed cool-headed enough to think and doubt. Gyoo-hwan is still at the "Destroooooy!" stage. I hope his own doubts over the logic of his plan and over Sang Pil's nature kick in fast, because it will just seem too silly if they keep him stubbornly trigger-happy for the sake of drama. This is really the only issue I had so far. Not a major one, if they treat it carefully, but it did stand out, since everything else has been given enough time and attention.

July 28, 2015

‘Assembly’ No. 1 on content power index

htm_20150728201426115.jpg

KBS drama “Assembly” ranked No. 1 on the content popularity chart CPI in the TV drama genre for the third week of July. 

CPI, referring to content power index, has been developed by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, and is used for measuring subscription ratings for program-related news articles, search rankings on portal websites and buzz rankings involving social media. 

After putting out two episodes, “Assembly” has secured the No. 8 slot in the rankings of all TV programs and No. 1 on the TV drama genre. 

“Assembly” depicts a realistic scene of the National Assembly, starring Jung Jae-young, Song Yoon-a, Ok Taecyeon and Park Young-gyu. It airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. 

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

Guest adikkeluangman

‪#‎Taecyeon‬ [KBS ‘Assembly’] With just a simple camera in hand, and mere standing in front of a car, Kyuhwan depicts a look just like a model :)

10444585_1138785009471692_9979865010333211800187_1138785172805009_22228959183509

10996084_1138785842804942_7319717462298711752548_1138786262804900_53018590772383

JYPACTORS 

@zenya22

Member of National Assembly(Pil's local) Been disqualified in allegations of corruption. and Pil's local is a garden of the Nationalist Party.
Although unpleasant story, Korea people has to say this. 
No matter who a candidate for elected. He is elected.
It's the power of Nomination.
(Advocates of the ruling party many local or Advocates of opposition party many local.)

Pil's election is a local by-election.
Pil was not a campaign promise.
He would just be screwball campaign.
That scene is a political satire.

The reason for this is that he needs to Choi In-Kyeong.
He's no plan. and He does not know politics.
He was just an ordinary worker.

@lalalala1234, thank you for the explanation, I know that he was being used, so the nomination by the party itself assured his election.

Thank you all for your POV's and @Orion  for your review. I enjoy reading them all.

@zenya22, yes - in most parliamentary elections, the party's nominations carry the nominee.

We only completed ep. 4, but I cannot help and compare it in my mind to scriptwriter's Jeong Hyeon-min previous drama "The President." (which I loved too). While in "President" we had been eyewitnesses to the political process of electing a President in Korea, here we are eyewitnesses to the ins-and outs of Assemblymen and how politics work (or not) in that arena.   The main characters in both drama are somewhat idealistic and have a dream of making the world (or at least their country, or city, or province) a better place for their fellow human beings, but they are politically naive, and what helps them to power or position is the political savvy and/or corruption of those around them, as well as the excellent consultants that work for them. In both drama the consultants play a key role.

By the end of ep. 4 it felt to me that there will be a change in Gyoo Hwan's attitude, and something of what I saw was expressed on his face when he was taken the pictures and Jin San-Pil gave his talk and statement that I think made Gyoo Hwan think of his own father. Actually, it was captured marvelously in the very first photo that @adikkeluangman provided above. As Gyoo-Hwan listens to JSP - really listens, we can see the intent look in him. Everyone is surprised by what JSP said, and I think that at that point Gyoo-Hwan is wavering, thinking there may be some sincerity in JSP's words, and also I think that JSP reminded Gyoo-Hwan of his father in his dedication to his goal and the people.

"My point is - the debt is very dangerous to the cormmon people. You must pay back; If you don't pay back you will come to an end...... And his ending: "Even if someone threatens my life with a knife, I will oppose, absolutely oppose."

Everyone is shocked, but to Gyoo-Hwan, these do not sound like the words of someone who sold his friends, I bet.

Assembly%204-3_zpssb20ocdo.png

About the possibility of romance, personally I prefer the politics. I think they might feel the need to bring romance for the ratings purposes; But I think if they do - they should choose a romance line with Taecyeon's character and not Jung Jae-young's character. Besides, he is a married man, and they cannot tarnish him with an extra-marital affair. (and frankly, I don't think it will help the ratings either; But I do think that a loveline for Gyoo-Hwan will help the ratings.)

I  like all the actors, and I agree that so far Taecyeon is holding his own too. And I am totally captivated by Jung Jae-Young.

I feel grateful that he agreed to star in this drama.

‘어셈블리’ 정재영 / 어셈블리문전사 KBS미디어 래몽래인

Archived