Guest rainmoon

@homura thanks for the little summary of GTM, makes me (love) like his character more .... just too bad he was on the evil side of the drama. I did notice too that there was always some sad side to him ..... 

Today is all about MH and BW. Can those two get any cuter? Together? 

After GTM was killed by YBJ,  when they all headed to the cave,

BW: What?

MH: You really looked cool.

BW: What is it, all out of sudden?

MH: At first, I thought you're just a young master of noble family who studied well and talked well. But, you get amazing as the more I look. You look like a person who would do huge things in the future.

BW: Ahhhhh ... just. It's something I couldn't deny.

After JDJ's discussion on political structure of new nation,

BW: No matter how hard (I) tried, it's the talent that is impossible to get (T/N: second to none).

MH: No matter how hard (I) tried, I don't get a thing of what it's meaning to say.

Both sighed.

BW: What's the matter?

MH: Then, what is it about you?

BW: I ...

MH: You, too, don't know a thing of what he's saying, don't you?

BW: I'm alive because of you.

• Like 9

@homura, thank you for your summary of episode 18, and all the background history lessons before. I'm looking forward to your next one! :)

I haven't watched Ep 18 - I'm about to watch the fight scene between GTM and LBJ, and will wait for the subs for the rest. Can't quite wait to watch the jealous LM coming across BW and BY's little tete a tete though. Hehe. 

Anyway.. I'm sorry we've lost GTM, but at least we have GSM back in the picture. Hopefully we'll find out more about BY and DS's mom as homura mentioned. The only thing I remember from the early episodes was that she was Princess Noguk's lady in waiting, and was somehow responsible for the princess's death. From history, we know that Princess Noguk dies in childbirth, so I'm really curious as to what role BY and DS's mother plays. 

Next up: the fight with General Choi Young is also another story arc I'm looking forward to since he is one of my favorite historical characters (thanks to Faith hehe). Even though LSG will eventually execute him, to this day General CY is considered a national hero and patriot - is that right @homura? 

@whiteangel25 - thank you for translating the scenes between BW and MH! Love their bromance! :)

Edited by azzurri
  • Like 6

No facts here just thoughts.....

When it comes to LM I know very little except what I have learned on this thread.  History says she was strong, wise, protective, & had more than one child with BW.  We know it's a political marriage so did she but without the subs I felt for her in what I saw in the best video today.  When taking that tray to BW seeing to his needs I didn't see a political minded woman, but a wife. I felt sorry for her and thought although she understands with her brain. What does she understand with her heart?  After seeing him not only with another woman but by listening to the conversation she knew it was not any woman.  When she chose not to tell her father maybe is wasn't only power she was thinking about maybe it was protecting BW already.    I know there are those here who know what she was really like in history.  I don't, but my hope is that she is shown to be a woman who continues to look at the big picture and although she my never have his complete heart.  My hope is that through time BW made a place for her within it.  Having one child is one thing having many makes me think at some point he did.  Rather than evil I hope she is shown as a much bigger woman than most and understands compromise and supports him.  It would be refreshing to see her unlike in most dramas not become the evil Queen but one that did the best she could with the fate she was given.....

@yoominion I'm totally with you about YBJ and YeonHee ... my heart aches for them. :(

@Netka85 same thought, they were flying ....

totally agree with bothbof you..i hope she will do that after lee bang ji change his clothe..she make it and ask boon yi to give it to him..keke..but thats more heart beaking...i cant !!! They just so sweet yet so sad..~~ 

• Like 5

On 12/1/2015 at 2:02 AM, kirak said:

Bts jung yoomi and kim myung min clips..i ship this couple..so cute..jung yoo mi give papero to all staff member ..

:wub::wub:

These two are so cuteeee Thanks for sharing. I love watching the bts. The captions called him Challenge Jung. HAHAHAHHAAH Before filming, Kim Myung Min's like "Don't fall down/trip~" hihihihihi

On 12/1/2015 at 6:59 AM, plappi said:

New OST - 변요한 - 무이이야 (육룡이 나르샤 Six Flying Dragons OST Part.3) 

FINALLY! /crazily downloads THANKS! 

Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 4

On 12/1/2015 at 9:47 AM, yoominion said:

These 2 *sigh*, these 2 will be the death of me. 

They don't have many moments, but everytime they have their scene it makes me go crazyyyyyyy. Today is no exception. When she said to Sam Bong how reckless he was when he said his name out loud in the sword fight, it would draw attention and people who want to pick a fight and it's not good. Well, U can absolutely tell she said that because she's worried about him being in constant danger. LOL they fight like a married couple when he's like "I can handle everything" and then she goes "There's no need to say your name". Poor Sam Bong, stuck in the middle. When she said "Am I right?" to Sam Bong, he immediately back out and quickly throw DS under the bus "You're totally right", "DS, hurry, say that she's right" =))))), I love how he's scared of her =)))), it's like she's the boss =))).

But then, as I said, she's angry because she's worried. She stared at his wound and his torn clothes, and as soon as he caght that stare she walked away *sigh*. And then, she just standing in front of a cloth shop, aww she wanted to make him new clothes, just like the old days. But nope, she just thought to her self: "What's wrong with me? I must be crazy". *Sigh again* . I can't with these 2. 

I agree with you! I love these two & I just hope the writers can make them become a couple. They are Perfect for each other.

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

My hope is that through time BW made a place for her within it.  Having one child is one thing having many makes me think at some point he did.  Rather than evil I hope she is shown as a much bigger woman than most and understands compromise and supports him.  It would be refreshing to see her unlike in most dramas not become the evil Queen but one that did the best she could with the fate she was given.....

sorry to cut your post, my thought as well, though I have not seen ep.18 yet, I already sense from the latest official pic of LM that she already knew about BW-BY. If you're a wife and you found out your husband is still in love with someone, gosh...I feel for her. As your wish, I also want her to be a good queen and support her husband, I believe she will get her love from BW. 

wonder why SFD rating keeps dropping, ep17 (14,1%) and ep.18 (13,6%), the other dramas are getting higher...is it because of Gil Tae Mi? 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, meiazza said:

wonder why SFD rating keeps dropping, ep17 (14,1%) and ep.18 (13,6%), the other dramas are getting higher...is it because of Gil Tae Mi? 

Its ok..sfd stil 1st...its because oh my venus yesterday ep there was kiss and confession scene i guess..i just cant deny that drama getting more and more appeal..keke.. sfd is a serious drama...rom com fan might choose oh my venus rather than sfd..but i read a lot of comment said they want to  watch sfd but they cant just left omv...its hard or me too..

• Like 8

Guest srainy .
11 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

No facts here just thoughts.....

When it comes to LM I know very little except what I have learned on this thread.  History says she was strong, wise, protective, & had more than one child with BW.  We know it's a political marriage so did she but without the subs I felt for her in what I saw in the best video today.  When taking that tray to BW seeing to his needs I didn't see a political minded woman, but a wife. I felt sorry for her and thought although she understands with her brain. What does she understand with her heart?  After seeing him not only with another woman but by listening to the conversation she knew it was not any woman.  When she chose not to tell her father maybe is wasn't only power she was thinking about maybe it was protecting BW already.    I know there are those here who know what she was really like in history.  I don't, but my hope is that she is shown to be a woman who continues to look at the big picture and although she my never have his complete heart.  My hope is that through time BW made a place for her within it.  Having one child is one thing having many makes me think at some point he did.  Rather than evil I hope she is shown as a much bigger woman than most and understands compromise and supports him.  It would be refreshing to see her unlike in most dramas not become the evil Queen but one that did the best she could with the fate she was given.....

I've just watched episode 18 and I honestly can't tell if Lady Min staying for the tidbit about future government that Boonyi and Bangwon was discussing or just jealous it's not her he's having the tete-a-tete with especially after she was asking about the revolution and its plans. I'm sure jealousy was part the reason but I definitely think it was amplified knowing that Boonyi knows what she (LM) wants to know. But I hope they keep it as this and not bring it down to petty jealousy - I really hate watching women fight over a man.
I can't remember if they were expecting General Choi Young to follow JDJ in their plan for a new Joseon but it was an accurate observation Lady Min made that he wouldn't agree and she isn't directly involved in the revolution or has much knowledge in the proceedings and modus operandi as of present.

I think she was really impressed with Bangwon in his dealings with Haedonggapjok :lol:
Also, I have to put it out here - I repeated the scene where Bangwon gave a little smirk to Lady Min after she kept hitting him with questions because he looked SO. GOOD. ;)

Anyway, I liked the little conversation Bangwon had with Boonyi about the worm in his heart. I guess he knows it's in him that he had to let Boonyi know to knock him back right up to JDJ's lane if ever the whispers of his darker side wins. Well....we know how that turned out history wise lol. :P

I can't help but sometimes scoff or go "Uh huh Bangwon, uh huh suuuuure yeah" whenever Bangwon goes goggle-eyed over JDJ's plans and agrees to it or anything because I can't get rid of the image I have of how he turned out in history. But it's this change I'm really looking forward to in the drama and how the writers are gonna work history into it.

GTM was a memorable character!! when he made his last speech in front of everyone, felt so sad for him! Anyway, for some weird reason, I felt like today's episode gave us a glimpse of the ending to BW and BY's love story. BW eventually will get swallowed by that bug, already, he knows there is a worm in his heart. That bug he mentions will only get bigger and I doubt BY will be able to stop him. I just hope in the end BY doesn't remind him of the promise she made in today's episode,"you bad bug, spit out Bang Won!" dying in his arms. she promised she will kill him if he changed....when she said that...in my head, i pictured him killing her. WHY!????

Gosh, i am so torn with BW and BY. i hope even if he turns bad, BY will slap him in the face.

• Like 8

Wow what an episode and that was one awesome sword fight.

Gil Tae Mae and Hong in Bang left with a bang one holding the title as the best swordsman in the 3 kingdoms and died leaving his title next best swordsman of the 3 kingdoms and the other died debating as a learned scholar, debating philosophies with another most respected scholar of his day.

It is so apt that it was YBJ who sang the song Mu Yi Ya that was so fitting a song for the dying GTM. It was a song written by a reformist King and sang by a reformist philosopher at the Jangpyung gate when GTM and the triumvirate were trying to frame the philosopher for attempted murder.

Kudos and many thanks to the actors who played their roles they brought the characters live on screen, Park Kyun Wok as Gil Tae Me and Jeon No Min as Hong In Bang

Waiting for subs.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I was thinking that too about LM when I saw her reply to her father. She always discussed her opinions and thoughts with her father with no reservations but here she keeps silent about what she knows when her father asked if there was anything else he needs to know about her in laws and she says no there is none. I agree, the whisperer is latched to her ear. But she also knew that her father was ready to betray her husband  and LSG and was ready to throw them under bus..I think that she weighed her options to see who of the two families her husbands or her fathers has more power and whom she will be loyal to, trust and therefore protect. She just realized that her husband gambled big  to win the battle against HIB and he won. In her eyes her husband is the stronger man and her father the weaker one. So she also tried to protect her father from being implicated in case something goes wrong because the Lee family is not yet the boss of the country and YIG and General Choi are still around. Politically, practically, she made the smart choice.

About YBJ, I don't think he likes the idea of BW hanging around little sister. When JDJ came in with the market informers along with YK, MH and YBJ, BY started discussing the plan with JDJ, YBJ looks at his sister and looks at BW staring with this adoring puppy face and YBJ looks at the direction of the stare and it was his sister BY.. He does not look pleased. He just came back in his lil sis life and he does want to rock the boat as of yet but maybe there will come a time for a man to man talk.   

@zenya22, @USAFarmgirl  Hello Ladies,   

I agree with you both about LM weighing her option but she had nothing to loose siding with her husband but I think her ambitions are much more then what you guy's spoke of.. I think she will be the one to encourage BW to take up the position as King being that he's doing more to put his dad in that position then the other brothers also if and when her husband family comes to own the country she will be in a better position to help her family and she will be able to help with the demands her family may need when the time comes being that they did some what help but was ready to betray so quick..  POLITICS POLITICS IT NEVER ENDS IT GOES ON FROM ONE GENERATION TO THE NEXT 

I haven't watch today's episode yet every since the holiday season started I been kind of busy and hard for me to get online to chat like I normally do and it will be like this until it's over..   

18 hours ago, mjang said:

Who is Dae-Geun? About LM...could it be she's not comfortable seeing her husband with another woman although her relationship with Bang-Won is still considered a political agreement between the two families?

@mjang,  Hi,  I also thought they marriage was just a political business deal she didn't even want BW in the same room as her but we all know sometimes it takes another beautiful women such as BY to make her feel she's not all she thinks she is even if she did decide to marry HIB it would have been the ending of her family 700 years tradition but I'm looking forward to her longing for her husband whom she rejected first while he still has his eyes gazed upon BY.. 

17 hours ago, eunsuhae said:

@homura Don't worry, we get your humorous remarks and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who likes them. Keep it up dear friend :)

About LM, I can't say much, I have to see the scene first but I can understand her from the point of view of a woman. We too have our pride and she might not like BW and BY relationship from this perspective even if she doesn't have true romantic feelings for her husband. I just hope the show doesn't make her a petty jealous wife. It would take away a lot of her otherwise admirable character.

@eunsuhae,  The only way we would be able to tell if she wants to be to friendly with BY, I think we may see some jealousy out of her but she will come to understand the nature of the relationship between them I think she may feel a little unreal at the fact BY turned down BW marriage proposal coming second to a nobody sort of speak.. I like to see BY raise her on status and make a name for herself without the help of a man.. 

I have yet to see this amazing fight scene but I think GTM was happy to die by a worthy opponent he search high and low looking for DS so to him all in all the fight was fair 

• Like 4

Six Flying Dragons: Episode 17

by HeadsNo2 (dramafever)
sixdragons17-00469.jpg
Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the prettiest bearded lady of them all? I mean, greatest swordsman? Or how about mass murderer? Gil Tae-mi may be many things, but someone who leaves the house without makeup he is most definitely not. He’s not even someone who’ll kill scores of men without refreshing his eyeshadow first, and even if he’s the type who takes his breakfast with a side of carnage, you can’t help but appreciate his style. Rock on, Gil Tae-mi, even if you may not be rocking for long.
to read more:
  • Like 4