tumblr_inline_nyhj778zKf1s5yhgo_500.jpg

Yi Bang-Won : If I were Hong In-Bang, that’s what I would have done. (Putting himself in his shoes) I can never forgive myself for being powerless and weak. I can’t stand myself for surrendering. Yes, I will have the Haedong Gapjok kneel at my feet. I am Hong In-Bang. I’ve lived my life with the infamy of a defector. What reason do I have not to cross any forbidden lines? I will do what no one else has done for 700 years! That is the reason I betrayed Sadaebu and endured the notoriety of being a defector.

@homura,  HI,  Thanks for this interesting comment.. I can't remember who wrote that BW is HIB alter ego they are so correct but what got me is that I wanted to see a real showdown between HIB and BW.. A sword fight HIB was carrying one like he knew how to wield one but he's a scholar to me he looked it stupid with it I don't know if we ever get to see BW using a sword in this drama.. Now if I'm remembering correctly the new general the elder brought in will take over power in the court.. As I remember watching the seer he played the same ruthless PM in that drama and killed the King to put the KIng son on the throne while he ruled until they was able to get rid of him once and for all I don't know where the writer is taking this story but it sure would going to be a goodie.. (You also quoted) 

Yi Bang-Won : For the 30 years during the Mongol invasions, when the whole country was burning and people were massacred, all of you kept to yourselves on Gangwha Island and held poetry and art exhibitions every day. Yes! Of course it must have been painful to see the wretched reality of Goryeo. That’s why you created so many poems that take pity on the citizens in misery. Other than that, what have you done for 700 years? You sat by and watched history pass you by for 700 years. Without paying any price, you enjoyed everything you could! That’s the Haedong Gapjok.

* Mongol invasions of Korea (1231~1259)

Sadly, that is exactly what Goryeo nobles did about 150 years before Yi Bang-Won’s times.

The Mongol’s Great Kahns had sent their troops to Goryeo over 9 times from 1231 to 1259. The military regime of Goryeo escaped the capital with King Gojong and nobility, and moved to Ganghwa island. They started the construction of significant defenses to prepare for the Mongol threat because they believed that Mongols’ primary weakness was fear of the sea.

Therefore, while the fierce battles between Goryeo commoners and Mongol armies lasted in the mainland for about 30 years, the nobility was enjoying their parties with poems, paintings, music in the island. Goryeo commoners in the mainland should pay taxes to the nobles in the island, while suffering from the massacres of Mongol troops.

The Mongolian invasions were so horrible that every structures in Korean peninsula built before the war were completely burnt to ashes. The war ended with King Gojong’s surrender in 1259 when the last leader of the military regime was assassinated.  

Yes I do recall watching a drama related to those nobles living on that island while the country was being invaded.. I can't remember the name of it but one of the key figures in getting they country back was some what of a buddahist monk when I think of the name of that drama I'll let you know but it tells why they fled to that island.. In the drama the way they explained it that if they stayed and fought they would have lost and they all would have become slaves under the Mongolians.. 

I guess BW was telling them follow me and you can still live the life you have now don't follow and you will pay the price one way or another I had to give the actor playing BW his props for that scene he did it real well..

Well off to continue to back read pages I need to catch up on, I hope for those who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful time however you spend it..

About killing 3 Sungkyunkwan students, Yi Bang-Won made a confession of his murder in Episode 12.

Yi Bang-Won : (to Nam Eun) You will never make me surrender. You will learn nothing from me. Why? Because I know about war, and you don't know about war. Do you know what war is about? War means...killing people, after all. I started warring when I was twelve. That's me, Yi Bang-Won.

I never put thought into BW words of confessing to murder and I could see how one will overlook his words being that his dad has his own Army who always at war holding down the border..

@Liddi,  I had to think about GTM making a fuss over his eye shadow you think him picking that shade of blue was foretelling his death he killed a lot of men that day but wasn't they all the private army of the elder or the older general..?

12219417_1504343803199973_34384639702826

I have to say the look on HIb face to see BW as the boatmen was priceless this is why it said be careful of whom you harm because it comes back to you ten folds..

Now I'm all caught up with everyone else and will come back and join you guy's after the subs are out..

• Like 6

Guest caramelcake

Indeed, the swordman, Gil Tae-mi is loved by so many viewers! My TL was is full of crying people saying goodbye to him etc etc.. and it was even in the worldwide trend list!

tumblr_nymxli1sm61qbsr35o1_r1_250.png

He is the most memorable character in here. 

I can't wait to see the episode with sub. 

Meanwhile...

CVEich5UsAEL_2L.jpg:large

CVEjbKaUsAAcPU5.jpg:large

cr kyunncoma

What I felt in episode 17

• Hong In-Bang will haunt Bang-Won's life forever.
  • Gil Tae-Mi's love for his in-law is so tremendous that he totally forgets about his own son.
  • Where is Gil Yoo? He disappeared after ep 5. (* Gil Yoo is Gil Tae-Mi's son who bullied little Bang-Won at Sungkyunkwan)
  • When Gil Tae-Mi was surrounded by soldiers, why didn't they use arrows? They made it far easier to catch him than swords.
  • Next enemy showed up. Jo Min-Soo. Be careful, dragons.
  • Bang-Won "If I were eaten by the worm?" / Boon-Yi "I'll kill (you/it)."  Truly romantic/poetic. He must fall for her again.
  • Everybody should eat breakfast.

Edited by homura
  • Like 10

I will miss GTM as well, he was a very colorful character who brought something refreshing to serious historical dramas. I am also excited to see what more can the actor who plays GTM has to offer as he takes on the role of GTM's twin in the upcoming episodes. Will he be insanely funny to watch or just the complete opposite of GTM.

• Like 7

related posts six flying dragons episode 2 six flying dragonsImage result for Six Flying Dragons dramath?id=OIP.M0687d53cef2aa3a997b920e196a5c  GTM......

Six Flying Dragons: Episode 3 » Dramabeans Korean drama recapsth?id=OIP.M6eb95ab764fdec450c3367ae99385th?&id=OIP.Mf54bd84e61dc59dfc0152f934bc8

Just read some of the posts and thanks to @rainmoon enjoyed the videos that will hold me till the subs are out.  Will eyeshadow ever be the same?? I doubt it!!! LOL:lol: I have to admit you can't help but think of him when putting your own makeup on it just makes me laugh!  When it comes to villains he was pretty colorful.  Not to mention he could take what you thought would be a serious moment and turn it around with something crazy and make you laugh.  He had a sense of style and flamboyant attitude  that I have never seen before. Which either made you relax or left you with this kind of creepy feeling like two people lived inside of him.:huh:  From the little I have seen my hope is he goes out in flying colors like he lived.  I loved him sitting putting his makeup on and eating among the dead which was perfect without even knowing the words.  In an odd way he had honor in that he could have killed in the past those he knew were weaker.  We saw it more than once as he kept looking for the man who he knew was as good as him and feared maybe even better. I find it fitting that he should be taken out by someone as great or greater than himself.  That he wasn't killed by a group of men or in the middle of the night while sleeping.  But in a fight for his life with a sward in his hand being challenged & filled with his passion until the very end.   Hoping the writers give him a glorious ending he sure deserves it......

Edited by Guest

@homura can i assume that you think that it would be HIB and not BY death that will make BW the ruthless king he became?

• Bang-Won "If I were eaten by the worm?" / Boon-Yi "I'll kill (you/it)."  Truly romantic/poetic. He must fall for her again.

what does it mean?

• Like 2

How could they end the episode there!?! I have been waiting 254,000,0000,000 years to see the better be epic fight between Gil Tae Mi and Bang Ji. I knew the way the episode was going they were saving it for the next episode but it still broke my heart when it happened.

Gil Tae Mi is one of a kind character. I both loved and loathed him in equal measures (which to me is very good writing and what a true villain should be. Not one not so you hate them completely but still vile that you can't love them either). I really enjoyed his loyalty till the bitter end and his claiming of responsibility of what lead him to where he was and having no regrets because he did get to live while most others suffered. He was absolutely flawless in that he knew no one could take him down and I love that boss attitude of "just try me". I like how he just wanted to eat breakfast, put on his make-up, and get his ish done. I am so happy that before his end, he gets to meet and battle the revered Viper. I am glad the sho reminded me of how vile he is and why he needs to die when they showed the innocent workers he had killed. Why did he have to slay the little boy and the men women who were not soldiers?

I love Moohyul but all I could think was "little boy sit down before you get your richard simmons killed" when he was about to call out to Gil Tae Min. I am so glad my bae Bang Ji came right on time is about to save a bunch of people from an early dismiss. I mean having watched TWDR I know Moohyul eventually gets where he wants to be but there is still one that he never surpasses. Leader Boonyi makes me so happy. I really want her to join the league of ninjas with Yoonhee and do more and more for the 'great cause'. The arresting on Hong In Bang was perfect. I loved that Bang Won got to be front and center and finally get some kind of vengeance for all that he had to endure from the man. I do love the psychological hold of "the evil worm lurking in your heart." It's a treat to watch him fight and give into that nature too. I don't think all of it is a bad thing. It's a thin line between good and evil and things like that aren't clear cut black and white. I look at all our characters and to me there is no good guys vs bad guys. I see a lot of people doing a lot of things to survive and have power that allows them to survive. Sometimes I agree with some of them and sometimes I don't. One moment I think they're "good" and the next I can't really say I like how they scheme or plot because the ends don't always justify the means in my humble opinion. I like how this show leaves me debating (with all the characters) is your idea of the greater good, the grander plan of the future really worth some of what it takes in this present? I guess I am like Bang Ji in that I get the cause but I don't always get or agree with the ways of the cause. 

I can't wait to see the fight of next episode and new challenges to overcome arise. I also hope that the little girl who was always with Bang Ji (Gapboon?) soon gets to join our youthful revolutionizers at the Lee family headquarters. She and Moohyul would be a hoot to watch together. 

• Like 6

KYAAAAA Thanks for sharing that BTS. When Boon Yi went running to Moohyul and Bangji pulled her into a hug, the caption said "Let's pray. Amen." HAHAHAHHA I died. I need more BTS. They are all so cute together.

wait did it means like praying they going to be a couple in real life? sorry I'm kinda lost what it means...

Super late reply. I'm sorry. I see it as them thinking Boon Yi is possessed or something coz she went the wrong way lol.

OMG THIS EPISODE IS FREAKING AWESOME! Gil Tae Mi though... ㅠㅠ I know we will still see him as the twin but no one beats the diva. Hong In Bang's close up scene when he was talking to Bang Won is so amazing. It's as if he's talking to me and I found it really creepy. Really gave me chills. His character is interesting and he's a joy to hate. I need more!!!

• Like 4

@MrsSoJiSub I share the same sentiment as you.... maybe Bang-Ji is one of my favorite characters, the man who still doesn't believe in the 'New World' dreams but will stick around to protect them for his loved ones. I salute the actors & actresses who played their characters so well in SFD even when they are the worst villains ever....still I love them! Looks like rating is up once again to 14.1% and I am ready to see the number increase as the episode progresses. 

@homura thank you for the translation on some of the scenes. Now I understand why people were scared of Gil Tae-Mi. I wonder if the real Gil Tae-Mi was as flashy & flamboyant as him... btw even the monk has put on some eye shadow..LOL! must be very trendy back then.

• Like 4

@homura.. the general in full regalia who went to arrest Hong In Bang by the riverbank, is that Jo Min Soo and is he the new villain? YIG the dinosaur still has some aces to play. He is not done yet by any means.

I am anticipating your posts of the new characters, villains or otherwise but mostly villains since we are going to lose our 2 most active and hated and loved villains. Thank you so much.

• Like 3

Just got done watching episode 17 with subs and it was even better than I had thought.  Always a good feeling when the villains lose and the good guys win only problem with that is how long will they stay good guys.  HIB was right about one thing all to often people start out wanting to do the right thing as he did once believing in goodness & justice for all, until he was tortured.  What ever happened in his mind & his heart changed who he was and he traded goodness for power,greed & evil.   What's really hard to believe is although these kind of things happened so very long ago.  We humans are still weak & they still happen in real life today.  I guess it's where drama seeps into reality for there is still greed, power & evil in our world.  I think this is what BJ is thinking and why he is different than the rest. Dang he is such an amazing character! Why I respect him the most right now. He seems to stand for what he thinks even if it means standing alone.  Yet his heart is filled with thoughts of protecting those he loves.  Now unlike when he was a boy survival for himself means nothing, if his life can be used to protect another.  I think to him the message sounds great justice for all and when your caught up in it you focus on the mission and it's path. The hard part is you must also live it which I think BJ knows that won't be as easy as most believe.  You can listen, you can believe, you can follow.  But can you achieve your goals without losing yourself along the way.  I guess future episodes will give us those answers, I can't wait!  I think LM chose BW over her father in this episode when she didn't share what she knew about the secret. Even went as far as to lie to him. It was a bit of a surprise this early on but then again she understands & sees the big picture.  Much better than her father she is very smart and could very well have a bug whispering in her ear already.......

Just got done watching episode 17 with subs and it was even better than I had thought.  Always a good feeling when the villains lose and the good guys win only problem with that is how long will they stay good guys.  HIB was right about one thing all to often people start out wanting to do the right thing as he did once believing in goodness & justice for all, until he was tortured.  What ever happened in his mind & his heart changed who he was and he traded goodness for power,greed & evil.   What's really hard to believe is although these kind of things happened so very long ago.  We humans are still weak & they still happen in real life today.  I guess it's where drama seeps into reality for there is still greed, power & evil in our world.  I think this is what BJ is thinking and why he is different than the rest. Dang he is such an amazing character! Why I respect him the most right now. He seems to stand for what he thinks even if it means standing alone.  Yet his heart is filled with thoughts of protecting those he loves.  Now unlike when he was a boy survival for himself means nothing, if his life can be used to protect another.  I think to him the message sounds great justice for all and when your caught up in it you focus on the mission and it's path. The hard part is you must also live it which I think BJ knows that won't be as easy as most believe.  You can listen, you can believe, you can follow.  But can you achieve your goals without losing yourself along the way.  I guess future episodes will give us those answers, I can't wait!  I think LM chose BW over her father in this episode when she didn't share what she knew about the secret. Even went as far as to lie to him. It was a bit of a surprise this early on but then again she understands & sees the big picture.  Much better than her father she is very smart and could very well have a bug whispering in her ear already.......

I was thinking that too about LM when I saw her reply to her father. She always discussed her opinions and thoughts with her father with no reservations but here she keeps silent about what she knows when her father asked if there was anything else he needs to know about her in laws and she says no there is none. I agree, the whisperer is latched to her ear. But she also knew that her father was ready to betray her husband  and LSG and was ready to throw them under bus..I think that she weighed her options to see who of the two families her husbands or her fathers has more power and whom she will be loyal to, trust and therefore protect. She just realized that her husband gambled big  to win the battle against HIB and he won. In her eyes her husband is the stronger man and her father the weaker one. So she also tried to protect her father from being implicated in case something goes wrong because the Lee family is not yet the boss of the country and YIG and General Choi are still around. Politically, practically, she made the smart choice.

About YBJ, I don't think he likes the idea of BW hanging around little sister. When JDJ came in with the market informers along with YK, MH and YBJ, BY started discussing the plan with JDJ, YBJ looks at his sister and looks at BW staring with this adoring puppy face and YBJ looks at the direction of the stare and it was his sister BY.. He does not look pleased. He just came back in his lil sis life and he does want to rock the boat as of yet but maybe there will come a time for a man to man talk.   

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 5

Well I'm pretty surprised that I guessed what the secret was, I thought it would be too early in the story for any of that royalty business to come out. I'm guessing we're going to have another cunning evil queen on our hands. : )

• Like 4

@homura can i assume that you think that it would be HIB and not BY death that will make BW the ruthless king he became?

what does it mean?

May i know whats the meaning here? fall for her again? 

Arent BW said that he will love her till he dies? No? Even if theres a ppl endup marrying someone that they dont love, their memories & feelings for another person will still there. never gone. IMO :rolleyes:

Anyway Moohyul looks so late & somehow cute thou lol

• Like 5