• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ep 50. summary. Gil Seon-Mi was slayed by Moo-Hyul. He was still breathing when Yeon-Hyang came to see him. He apologized her that he lied about the children because he resented her for abandonin

The historical background to help understand Ep. 49~50     ■ Baek Dal-Won 백달원 白達元 (?~?)     ■ The Second Strife of Princes  (January, 1400)

The flow of the events are as I expected. The difference is... Boon-Yi and Moo-Hyul visited Bang-Won's house to say the final farewell to Bang-Won. Lady Min told them Bang-Won already went to sle

Guest rainmoon

Some Lady Min updates on Facebook.com/6dragons

12289646_1504820406485646_11793086240241

12313740_1504820413152312_81619804598812

Spoiler

12289497_1504820416485645_68380090061844

Spoiler

12311263_1504820429818977_91663403497517

On 12/3/2015 at 9:54 AM, nevill said:

its really snowing heavily can they film in this weather?

im getting colder just from watching this gif

it most likely slow production, but maybe not stop by the looks of Yoo AhIn's IG they are still filming, and btw this pictures this really nice ... 

On 12/3/2015 at 7:46 AM, nevill said:

Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos

Edited by rainmoon
Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos
7 hours ago, liddi said:

@azzurri Love your thoughts, especially about the relationship between YBW and BY... thank you for sharing them! And I agree. I believe BY is the one who understands him.. the only one he can be truly vulnerable and honest with... stripped bare of all pretenses and bravado. Actually, contrary to what I think you thought I was saying, I never meant that his losing her was because she left or spurned him for what he became in his power struggle.. at least voluntarily. Rather, my feeling... reinforced by having seen the outcome of TWDR... the scriptwriters' total lack of compunction in killing off well-loved characters... is that niggling fear that she will die perhaps for or because of him. Going forward, allies would turn into enemies... and with YBJ being firmly in JDJ's camp... BY will most certainly be torn between the two men she loves, as well as the well-drawn line of alliances. Would this result in a conflict that ends in her death? I hope not... but I do not hold much hope that something of that nature will not play out. And with her passing, YBW loses the one person who could rein him back... his moral compass if you will, in particular against those whom he see as a threat to all that he has fought and sacrificed for. 

@liddi dearest, I think our differences of opinion in this is just a hair's breadth. Hehe. Perhaps it just comes down to my inability to find the right words to describe what I was thinking. ;)  I think I did understand you the first time, that the loss of BY through death would be BW's final undoing, the beginning of his downward spiral succumbing to the evil whisperings of the bug in his heart. That indeed, is the more likely story that will unfold, what with the writers already throwing us hints and foreshadowing through HIB's uncanny predictions. This is what you meant by this:  And with her passing, YBW loses the one person who could rein him back... his moral compass if you will, in particular against those whom he see as a threat to all that he has fought and sacrificed for.

But my one tiny hope is a twist to this. That perhaps BY did not die, and BW never did lose his moral compass. Perhaps there were justifiable reasons for what he did, and the people he killed. To protect himself, his son and the rightful succession from the power hungry yet corrupt relatives that were just waiting to stab him in the back. Perhaps he was haunted by guilt throughout his life, but felt it was a deed that needed doing. And throughout, only BY understood and stood by him, because she always knew him for what he really was and not what people made him out to be. We have an image of a power hungry tyrant, but perhaps he was nothing more than a man who felt he needed to protect his family and country but was racked by guilt by what he had done. And because no one understood his motivations, the people close to him would distance themselves from him - including the Queen (he did kill all her brothers), his son Yi Do and perhaps even MH. As what we saw in TWDR. This thought occurred to me because of the good things I read of him - that he did so much for the common people. It seemed contradictory to me that he could be so cruel to those close to him, yet shower so much kindness on the general masses. Was he a good king or a tyrant? He certainly couldn't be both - he had to be one or the other. The common people obviously loved and revered him, but the nobles feared him. So I reasoned that perhaps he remained the idealistic, intelligent and action-oriented person he was till the end of his life, but he was just misunderstood and misjudged by those around him. And so he must have lived a sad isolated life in the end.  

It's just my wishful thinking, and perhaps a different way for us to look at King Taejong.

6 hours ago, nevill said:

i think BW is a true romantic he is motivated by BY and at first  - to me - it seems that his search for power is for him to give her the world she craves.

he wants to gift her the world  - and that to me is a very unselfish romantic gesture - that maybe later will turn into the man we know 

at first i thought it was power more than BY - but the more the episode i watch the more a romantic he becomes to me 

@nevill, I absolutely LOVED what you said here, and I think you've got an interesting idea here. It would be a different, and a more romantic take on the motivations of King Taejong, and would certainly make good story telling. He had good intentions but made mistakes in carrying out his plans that cost the lives of so many people. All for the love of a woman. And certainly such a thing has occurred in history before.

@zenya22, you may be right too. So many possibilities in this amazing story - which is why this drama is so good! Anyway... the mystery behind what happened to the mother of DS and BY has yet to be revealed. And with the return of GSM, perhaps some light will be shed on this soon. 

@liddi I too love the instrumental OST. The music of SFD is just so amazing and appropriate. I'm also still blown away by BYH's singing ability. He has so much pathos in his voice, that even though I don't understand the song Muyiyiya, I'm bleeding with every line that he sings. So much emotion packed into each word he sings... I'm moved beyond words. Hopefully there will be an English translation to the song sometime soon, to make it even more impactful.

• Like 5

Hello Friends...

So here I am with first installment of my confused brain's few queries as below:

1. Just watched epi#4 and one thing that went completely over my head was one conversation that Gil Tae Mi's in law (not sure of name) had with Prime Minister In Geoym regarding give and take of land and people to volunteer (or was it just take and take of both). 

It was said "that let people of village volunteer their men and you take their land" thats all I understood.  But expecting it to be a lil deeper as its abt politics. 

2. Symbol that Lee Bang Ji saw on his mom's kidnapper's hand, was it belong to Gil Tae Mi's gang or Sambong's (kim myung min's  character)...cause I am not yet able to identify who the real kidnapper was for Boon yi n lee bang ji's mom.

Thats all for now of my question. Ill be back with more after watching next episode.

And now abt the show...its one gripping drama that does not let your brain wander for the whole hour you watch. The story is so well written to keep you hooked till the last frame when a new dragon is introduced. 

So far Lee Bang Ji is the only character I found the  most hurt and with most painful story. And yet he became the  best Swordsman of tge nation...even if it for revenge he could do what most of the people cantm. They just break in front of painful present rather fighting it to become a tougher nut to be cracked by situations. But loved his spirit.

It's just a start and I know each episode will have one more character for me to impressed with. So ill be back with more then.

Thank you everyone...

• Like 3
Guest rainmoon
17 minutes ago, nevill said:

@sadhli i wish i could help but sadly i dont remember

@rainmoon is the snow recent? it just doesnt stop - i fear for our dragons

I think within the last 24 hours .. snow looks beautiful there though ...

2 minutes ago, rainmoon said:

I think within the last 24 hours .. snow looks beautiful there though ...

it is amazingly beautiful - we never get snow here so im always jealous of all this white  - and fun playing

• Like 1
I've collected the comment about 'worm' in SFD together.

A worm in the heart

tumblr_inline_nysprgicjx1s5yhgo_540.jpg

Six Flying Dragons - Episode 10

Jung Do-Jeon : There are three types of people in turbulent times. A victim of turbulent times, a fighter against turbulent times, and a rider of turbulent times like yourself! A sword for turbulent times? No, it’s only a worm that grew in your heart. Anyone who will be in politics grows a worm in his heart. You tell yourself it’s turbulent times right now that you have to survive, you have no choice. I’m sure it whispered sweet words to you. But if you pay attention to the worm, and follow the worm’s words, then you will become the worm in the end! The ones who rides the turbulent period will make it worse! Even mobsters of the market say they have to survive in the turbulent period. So they steal, they kill, they plunder! That’s how they live! How are you any different from them?

tumblr_inline_nysprtiy2V1s5yhgo_540.jpg

Six Flying Dragons - Episode 11

Jung Do-Jeon : A worm finally started to wiggle in even my own heart. No, it was actually the moment I saw Yi Bang-Won getting arrested. Yeon-Hee is right. If Bang-Won ends up dead in the process of being tortured, many things that happened may be resolved fast and easy. I just need to look the other way for a while.
--Tang-Sae : How many people have to die in the process of “doing good”?
--Yi Bang-Won : It’s a process to be endured. In every big goal, sacrifices follow. I’m prepared to take responsibility.
Jung Do-Jeon : (sighing) It’s a worm. A worm. But…

tumblr_inline_nyspsmHkkg1s5yhgo_540.jpg

Six Flying Dragons - Episode 17

Yi Bang-Won : You said I took after you. But I finally realized that I am different from you. I never get played by the whispers of the dirty worm in my heart.
Hong In-Bang : Don’t be so certain yet. That worm doesn’t whisper to you until a certain moment.
Yi Bang-Won : “A certain moment”? When you give yourself up because you can’t handle torture anymore? Or, when you can’t accept yourself for giving up and you start blaming the world?
Hong In-Bang : No. When you know about yourself.
Yi Bang-Won : Now… I know myself. It wasn’t that I couldn’t stand myself for being weak. I just couldn’t stand myself without having a dream or hope.
Hong In-Bang : Sambong’s words must be exciting to you. What to do with organizing bureaucracy, what to do with the land system, what’s necessary for an equitable tax system, how this country should be reformed! That’s how I was, too. Sambong’s words made my heart go fast. However, you should think carefully. Is your excitement about the country that Sambong is trying to create? Or is it because you want to own that country? You don’t know yet. But you will know at some point. And the moment you realize it! The worm inside you will finally start whispering to you.  
Yi Bang-Won : You are a coward to the end. But I am not afraid of the evil curse that claimed you. Farewell, Hong In-Bang! Teacher!

tumblr_inline_nyspt4ZMjE1s5yhgo_540.jpg

Six Flying Dragons - Episode 18

Yi Bang-Won : Can you promise me one thing?
Boon-Yi : Promise what?
Yi Bang-Won : In case…
Boon-Yi : ……..
Yi Bang-Won : If I change…
Boon-Yi : Change? How?
Yi Bang-Won : They say that a worm lives in each person’s heart. If that worm swallows me up, and If I am no longer myself… If I change like that…
Boon-Yi : I’m going to kill it.
Yi Bang-Won : Good. But before you kill it, can you tell me just once?
Boon-Yi : I got it. “You bad worm! Throw up Bang-Won now!” Like this?
Yi Bang-Won : Yes. You have to do it like that.
Boon-Yi : Don’t worry about that.

tumblr_inline_nysqkhsFmF1s5yhgo_540.jpg

Tree with Deep Roots  - Episode 2

Yi Do (King Sejong) : I thought you had different vision from Jung Do-Jeon who established the foundations of Joseon. I thought it was for the sake of creating a new Joseon that is different from the past. However, I was mistaken. Father, the reason you have killed him was simply because you want to seize power only by yourself. And… and… The Joseon that Jung Do-Jeon has created was all credited to you.
Yi Bang-Won (King Taejong) : That man did nothing! I put Jung Mong-Joo to death. I went to Ming China as a hostage in his place, I overthrew the king of Goryeo and established my father as the king. Even if there were many who wanted to kill Jung Mong-Joo, they couldn’t do it due to their excuse of moral duty. They wouldn’t dare to dirty their own hands. Joseon has been resurrected by me. I have done it by dirtying my own two hands. It is only right that I have all the power. That is my Joseon and my, Yi Bang-Won’s, great cause! My great cause is the Joseon’s great cause!
Yi Do : My Joseon is different! It will change!

• Like 13
12 hours ago, sadhli said:

1. Just watched epi#4 and one thing that went completely over my head was one conversation that Gil Tae Mi's in law (not sure of name) had with Prime Minister In Geoym regarding give and take of land and people to volunteer (or was it just take and take of both). 

It was said "that let people of village volunteer their men and you take their land" thats all I understood.  But expecting it to be a lil deeper as its abt politics. 

2. Symbol that Lee Bang Ji saw on his mom's kidnapper's hand, was it belong to Gil Tae Mi's gang or Sambong's (kim myung min's  character)...cause I am not yet able to identify who the real kidnapper was for Boon yi n lee bang ji's mom.

Thats all for now of my question. Ill be back with more after watching next episode

Japanese pirates invaded Yanggwang province where Boon-Yi and Tang-Sae siblings are living. The Dodang (central government) needs to send troops to protect people. However, at that time, most of the Goryeo troops consists of private armies possessed by nobles, and no noble man wants to give his private armies for free. But The state coffers are empty. The government has no major land to give out as compensation. There was no solution.

Hong In-Bang : (suggesting "war sale")  The nation belongs to commoners. War is intended to protect the commoners from the Japanese. Why must only the state bear the cost? (meaning "Commoners should bear the burden, too") If the state no longer has land to give out as compensation, you still have land that belongs to the commoners. In any region that the Japanese invade, you can give out the land that once belonged to the commoners to those nobles who voluntarily give their private armies. They will save the commoners from the Japanese, so the justification is certainly there. If you decide to do that, the nobles will be fighting with each other to send their private soldiers.
Yi In-Gyeom : Use this war to sell off the commoners' land?
Hong In-Bang : The nobles will compete to give you their soldiers. And if so, who do you think will make that final decision? (meaning "It's you. So, you can accept their bribes before making the final decision.")

The symbol that Tang-Sae saw on his mom's kidnapper's hand has not been identified yet. One thing for sure is that it's not related to Gil Tae-Mi or Jung Do-Jeon.

• Like 8

As I finished watching the last half of episode 18 I was reminded of the first half which was like watching a dance with movements & motions. Swards slashing in a type rhythm that kept building until we were brought to an ending we all knew was coming.  Like I already posted I felt sorry for LM but was touched by what I saw when BW asked BY to basically keep him grounded because of what he had been told by a man he once looked up to. Later found him to be a man who gave into his weakness and chose evil as his path.  Nothing moved me as much as YH scolding YBJ for allowing people to know who he was and how he was no longer fit to protect JDJ because of his new fame.  Yet seconds later seeing her heart respond to seeing his cut sleeve.  You could almost read her thoughts taking her back to that girl who thought I need to take care of that.  Just as she had always done for the boy she so dearly loved.  In that moment her heart was speaking but later when looking over the material her mind would close the door to her heart once again.  Every time they get close it's almost to painful to watch two hearts holding back like that somehow you can feel it right through the screen.  Tender moment watching YBJ talking to MH sharing & knowing that MH's heart or personality was not fit to fill the shoes of one who must kill without remorse.  When asked what about you, I was reminded of when GTM died seeing YBJ with what seemed to be a tear in his eye.  Was it that moment he realized his life would be taking a new path one he most likely wouldn't have chosen for himself.  It seems this episode would allow both villains to leave thoughts in those who were left behind. Almost like a warning.  To the point it would cause them to prepare not only for the future as in JDJ but would make them take a good look within themselves as in BW. By the way I missed seeing GB she is so much like MH caring & sweet to me.:)

As always just thoughts not facts....

Fighting Dragons.....

6 hours ago, homura said:

Japanese pirates invaded Yanggwang province where Boon-Yi and Tang-Sae siblings are living. The Dodang (central government) needs to send troops to protect people. However, at that time, most of the Goryeo troops consists of private armies possessed by nobles, and no noble man wants to give his private armies for free. But The state coffers are empty. The government has no major land to give out as compensation. There was no solution.

Hong In-Bang : (suggesting "war sale")  The nation belongs to commoners. War is intended to protect the commoners from the Japanese. Why must only the state bear the cost? (meaning "Commoners should bear the burden, too") If the state no longer has land to give out as compensation, you still have land that belongs to the commoners. In any region that the Japanese invade, you can give out the land that once belonged to the commoners to those nobles who voluntarily give their private armies. They will save the commoners from the Japanese, so the justification is certainly there. If you decide to do that, the nobles will be fighting with each other to send their private soldiers.
Yi In-Gyeom : Use this war to sell off the commoners' land?
Hong In-Bang : The nobles will compete to give you their soldiers. And if so, who do you think will make that final decision? (meaning "It's you. So, you can accept their bribes before making the final decision.")

The symbol that Tang-Sae saw on his mom's kidnapper's hand has not been identified yet. One thing for sure is that it's not related to Gil Tae-Mi or Jung Do-Jeon.

Thank you so much @homura for clarifying the conversation.  This part is clear to me now.

So the person who came to Hong in bang in next scene with bribe, was there to offer his soldiers and bribe as money or precious things, and then by giving a piece of  land also (may be somewhere far away )....is that right ?

And thanks for clarifying tattoo part too.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, homura said:

@homura, this fact you pointed out is very interesting. Because, look at what King Taejong did at the beginning of his reign:

One of his first acts as king was to abolish the privilege enjoyed by the upper echelons of government and the aristocracy to maintain private armies. His revoking of such rights to field independent forces effectively severed their ability to muster large-scale revolts, and drastically increased the number of men employed in the national military.  Credit to Wikipedia

He must have been very unpopular with the nobles and aristocrats for taking away so many of their priviledges and source of wealth. It's an interesting point to ponder. 

Also thank you for your 'A Worm In The Heart' compilation. I loved it... more reason to believe that @liddi's theory is probably the way the writers will go. Interesting, what JDJ said about the worm in episode 10. He called BW a mobster then - the one who rides the turbulent period in order to survive. 

I was also intrigued by what Taejong said to his son Yi Do about Jung Do-Jeon in TWDR. He had such high regard for the person he called his Teacher, and in fact despite claiming that JDJ did nothing, wiki tells us that he kept most of JDJ's reforms intact during his reign. If that isn't proof that Taejong held JDJ in high regard, I don't know what is. Yet he refused to admit it, and in fact did the opposite. He vilified JDJ but honored Poeun whom he himself killed. It's almost as if Taejong was acting spitefully against JDJ, although what was the point of that since JDJ was already dead. I am curious as to what caused this extreme falling out between Teacher and Student. I'm sure the writers will give us an interesting explanation of this.

• Like 3
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2015-2016] Six Flying Dragons 육룡이 나르샤