[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg the last 20 minutes made me so emotional. everyone looks so different omg. were the time skips from previous replies like this too? idk seeing them grown-up like this makes me feel so warm and happy lol. and ig i'm in the minority but deoksun looks so pretty to me

Episode 18 Text Preview: "Goodbye First Love"

1994. In celebration of Taek's birthday, the friends have gathered together in one place for the first time in a long while.

Seeing their kids home in a long time, the parents feel happy just seeing them asleep...

Goodbye, my first love.

My feelings for her that I couldn't let go for several years, I think I should now let go.

26 minutes ago, ILYSM08 said:

And now I'm annoyed with the one who spoil it -.-  The Flight stewardess and Pilot

I guess you're not used to live recaps. Sorry about that. Probably best to avoid the forum during airing of episodes. Peace!

1 minute ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

1994. In celebration of Taek's birthday, the friends have gathered together in one place for the first time in a long while.

Seeing their kids home in a long time, the parents feel happy just seeing them asleep...

Goodbye, my first love.

My feelings for her that I couldn't let go for several years, I think it's now time to let go.

Who's letting go? Are there any translations from the preview??????/

1 minute ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

Goodbye, my first love.

My feelings for her that I couldn't let go for several years, I think it's now time to let go.

Is this from Taek's POV?

HERE TO DEFEND LONG HAIR HYERI'S HONOR

tbh she's suppose to look like this 

Spoiler

4.gif 

natepann527814361.tmp_.jpg

but instead with bad extensions, they got her lookin like this #mess

Spoiler

tumblr_nhgv96whg91ran2kvo1_400.gif

13.jpg

All the pictures of her are her with extensions after she got her hair cut. The quality of the extensions go a long way!!

tbh the update in fashion was A++, not Jungbong Oppa tho. He was really geeky omg...

the fashion made them all 110% hotter lol

and did you see the air of confidence deoksun strutted with at the end

my babies all grown up huhuhu ; u ;

Finally we got 1994 :))

Am I wrong that in the preview BR was introduced to Oppa Trash who worked together with SW?

Anyway, I'm a bit confused and disappointed about today episode. It was so fast and there was not many scenes that I waited for.

Sung sisters: after seeing how BR's working hard in the super tiny room, DS cried and they hugged each other. All the misunderstanding before was erased.

BR_SW: they broke up, sad, cry and be fine again in the next morning till.... 1994. OK, I think both of them expected that breakup and now it happened. But did I miss any part for their breakup reason?

Taek-Sun: a big move in their relationship, then? DS kept thinking about Taek and then thinking about her dream, her dream and her....dream.

Hwan-Sun: ? nothing happened. All about JH is his dream.

And dreams/wishes. That's fine to hear about their dream and their worry for not have any dream. 

But again, did I miss any part that they seriously talked about their future plan and career? You know what I mean? Dream and your career choice are different.

The time jumped and jumped and jumped... everything was so fast and I always feel I miss somethings.

3 minutes ago, melissala said:

Not my ship, but still love this 

THEY'RE NOT MY SHIP EITHER BUT I WAS SO EXCITED!!! I'm glad that they got a kiss between the two of them but my only complaint is ... could they not have shot it in a more normal position??? Like that is so awkward ..

How are Bogum and Hyeri going to maintain their friendship tho lolol they already looked really close

I was squealing at Taek's dorky expression in the morning after tho, he liked that dream so much lol

Did man ok go to another country? i wanna know the reason as to why she broke up with him. It's a bittersweet decision, but because of her dumping him he was able to focus on studying and achieved his mother's dream by getting into college (and being extremely geeky person at that) im just curious as to what happaned to chingu 1 and 2. Also, if trash becomes the bridge for sw and br that would be so amazing, we got like 2 worlds in 1994 happening at the same time

36 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:
40 minutes ago, ILYSM08 said:

And now I'm annoyed with the one who spoil it -.-  The Flight stewardess and Pilot

Yeah i'm quite annoyed too. Prefered if it was not leaked. 

If you are refering to the live recap we have done, sorry, but we do this every episode. It's what we call a live recap for people who can't watch the episode live. We don't have time to put spoiler tags, and nobody has complained before. But sorry for the spoiler.

Waking up early for this episode was totally worth it. What an emotional roller coaster!!! I'm still processing everything. :blink:

We had:

1. DS seeing TK in a new light. 

2. DS and TK's dream kiss - super sweetly shot. The soft colors, the lighting, the acting. 

3. Bora and Sunwoo breaking up - tears

4. Jungbong and Mi-ok breaking up - so unexpected!!! Also I like how most of us were speculating if the new OST (Let's Forget Now) would be played related to JH-DS-TK but instead it was used for JB and MO. Waenyeol...

5. Sister bonding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was probably one of the biggest highlights of this ep for me, out of many highlights. The way DS's face fell when she saw how small Bora's room was, and the lone cold bowl of ramen on the table. Then the hug and Bora's touched and awkward reaction. Squee!!!

6. JH and JB watching the stars together. Their conversation was so sweet too (I need to find other words in place of "sweet" lol), and I loved how JB kept pressing JH cutely and JH persisted in telling him what he said is true. 

7. Kim parents cute bicycle-riding!! hahahaha so romantic

8. OMG TAEK APPA MAKES HIS MOVE!!!! <3 I loved the matter-of-fact way he asks Sunwoo Omma to live together (I think that's what he asked, lol). And then you see in 1994 that they've actually made a walkway through the wall separating their homes!! Now their homes are connected!! Yay!!

9. DS and Sung Appa talking on the stairs. How sweet it is to be loved by your parents. 

10. Parents together talking about their dreams and their worries for their children. How much do our own parents not tell us? How much of their love do they keep in their heart to not burden us?

11. Seeing the crew grow up!!! The new hairstyles (and horrible extensions, why AM1988 crew, whhhyyyyy). Seeing the kids all grown up, is familiar and at the same time unfamiliar. They've grown in the past five years, and are no longer the more carefree teenagers we once knew. Now they're young adults making their way in this world. Ah, the places you will go, the places you all will go. 

12. Who else totally SQUEALED when the 015B song came up???? OMG THROWBACK TIME!!!! All the feels. ALL. THE. FEELS. So hyped for the cameo(s) next ep. 

22 hours ago, saturn. said:

In DC R1988 gall, there were some filming accounts and spoilers. Some info are here too. Let me write in detail.

The playground scene is 5 friends together. It was filmed some days ago and included in ep17 preview as we already saw. At this playground, Junghwan and Taek meet again awkwardly.

The jeep scene is 1994 of course. Because Junghwan is driving. Deoksun is in the car. Junghwan had a new hair. and Deoksun wasn't visible. It seems all the actors were ordered to hide their identity at year 1994. I saw the photo, he may be wearing cadet's uniform of The Air Force Academy. Or maybe already a commissioned officer at 1994. Doesn't it remind of the HR novel DS was reading, 'An officer and a princess'? If he wasn't an air force officer, he would be just a college student or in military duty. Driving such an expensive jeep doesn't make sense.

Lee Seung Hwan concert scene is 1994, as it is written on the placard. Seems Taek and Deoksun scene, but not sure if they came together, not sure who else was there either. Deoksun was calling at the public phone booth by herself.

The movie theater scene is Taek and Deoksun inside the theater. Dongryong was there too but he left earlier. It is ep19! Many people witnessed the staffs were holding ep19 scriptbook. Also all were covering themselves from head to toes. But Deoksun's ankle was shown, it means she wasn't wearing pants. There were many sub actors on the street , they were ordered to hold umbrella but no rain or snow. Maybe CG will be used. Or it will be filmed later again. Bogum had another schedule at night on that day. (invited to a concert held by Ministry of culture, as a baduk promoter. Is he actor Park Bogum? or Baduk master Choi Taek?)

I read another interesting account. Bogum was at the KBS variety show awards as a presenter and winner. Many many countless variety show PDs said hello to Bogum and asked about how PD Shin is doing lately. KBS is PD Shin's hometown. He bowed in 90 degrees, answered those questions. All show performers and PDs asked him who is the husband or 'You're the husband right?' Every time Bogum's face was smiling, but looked  miserable. either can't tell a lie or can't tell the truth. He answered 'How would I know?' awkwardly, but his face was showing that he knows the truth. He really can't tell a lie.  He repeated this awkward greetings hundreds times. The witness wanted to break in and rescue him.

cr: http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=reply1988&no=488826&page=15&recommend=1

does that mean bogum was miserable because hes not the husband? or that too much people was bothering him and pressuring him for an answer?

Archived