[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

1 hour ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

JB: Is there anything else you'd like me to do?

Miran: Study.

Woman's voice: His nickname is... Trash.

BR: What?

SW: Thanks. I owe you one!

Trash: Ehh. Are you showing off you're a Seoul slicker? It's nothing!

DS: Hey, I'm popular too!

SW: Deoksun, don't get dumped this time.

DS: Hey, I'm telling you I don't get dumped!

DR: Why can't [you] date?

TK: I've put in a lot of effort.

DR: Put in more effort!

DR: Punk would die without being able to confess forever.

JH: Deoksun. 

JH: I've wanted to say since a long time ago. 

My guess...

DR: Why can't you date (he is talking to JH)

TK: I've put in a lot of effort (talking to DR about his relationship with his date)

JH: I've wanted to say since a long time ago (about TK likes her)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am more inclined to think that it was a dream. I will find it difficult to believe that DS who has a really open face will behave so nonchalantly when asked about the night before.

If the kiss really happened, DS will have more reaction than the one she had.

Again, we do not know WHO she really likes. We see both JH and Taek's feelings but DS? I felt that she was more worried about her lack of ambition or career choices than worry over the guys.

29 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

I am more inclined to think that it was a dream. I will find it difficult to believe that DS who has a really open face will behave so nonchalantly when asked about the night before.

If the kiss really happened, DS will have more reaction than the one she had.

Again, we do not know WHO she really likes. We see both JH and Taek's feelings but DS? I felt that she was more worried about her lack of ambition or career choices than worry over the guys.

I can agree with that, but then I wonder if she'd really leave him when he looked so terrible?  She doesn't seem the type to do so. You can see how she cares about people's needs so much.  So, I could see her coming back.  The whole denial thing could have been a test in some way. She denied it ever happened and he was glad, so that was the end of it.   She is an open book, but I also think she can move on and not let things bother her too much.  She was hurt over JH, but didn't let it ruin her relationship with him or her friends, even if they aren't as close as they once were. 

And yeah, we don't know who she likes.  I can't help but feel she would have fallen for either guy if they would have tried.  This isn't a negative thing towards her at all, but I think her feelings are complicated.   JH is probably her true love, but TK is someone she could have loved as well.  That's why in some ways I think it's realistic she doesn't get with either one of them.   It's such a mess,that eventually everyone would just move on and wonder "what if".  

Hello dear R88ers .. this is my first comment today

Before anything else .. I would like to thank all of the great awesome lovely live recappers .. I love you guys .. since I'm always at work during the live streaming I only live on sneak peeking your live recaps trough my phone .. and since my boss keeps giving me those "stop looking at your phone looks" I wasn't even able to write a thank you comment :( 

To me the most memorable part of today's episode (depending on the recaps) .. was taek and DS's kiss Scene .. the moment I saw comments saying they kissed .. I felt like having a heart attack .. I almost started crying but then you said it was a dream and I started breathing normaly again .. I love taek alot but I just can't imagine DS with anyone but JH .

Just now I finished watching videos in tvn's YouTube channel 

I loved the part where JH says "my wish .. I wish if that kid was a bad person (looking at taek)" .. I just find that moment so emotional and heart breaking .. I mean he loves DS alot but he loves TK too and he knows how much of a good person he is .. so he can do nothing but keep it to himself (and drive me crazy) 

Seriously I think that today's pv is my favorite only if the director isn't trolling me .. cuz I'd like to believe that JH is going to confess finaly .. I melted when he said "deoksun-ah .. there is something I've been wanting to tell you long time ago. ." With that voice of his .. aghhhhh I'm going crazy .. some people say that it might be him confessing cuz he wanna let go .. (like how YJ did in R97) .. but I don't think that's bad either cuz he just needs to confess first and I believe that I can count on DS for the rest .. she would never let go of him .. 

Sth like 

JH : there is sth I've been wanting to tell you long time ago .. actually i liked you since we were young .. but taek likes you too .. and I would never do sth that would break his heart .. so i think that I should stop here and move on .. goodbye (he gets up and turns away leaving then DS stands up saying)

DS : than how about me .. doesn't it matter how i feel .. what if the person I loved and still do is actually you ! .. 

And for my health I'll just stop my imagination here cuz I think my heart beats are so much away from being normal .. I need a doctor cuz of this drama ...

Hey guys... I'm also new to this forum but has actually been "stalking" since a long time ago..

I actually want to bring up one of the rumors that has been arising lately. But will this serve as spoiler? I just want to know what do you guys think about it before I discuss it here :sweatingbullets:

what rumor?

6 minutes ago, woss said:

Hey guys... I'm also new to this forum but has actually been "stalking" since a long time ago..

I actually want to bring up one of the rumors that has been arising lately. But will this serve as spoiler? I just want to know what do you guys think about it before I discuss it here :sweatingbullets:

Hi~ My first post here ^^~ I couldn't stay quiet anymore after this episode! I had to say a word at least! Today episode was just WOW!! I hope nobody heard my weird noises when I was watching today's episode haha. As expected for a Reply series, as of now it's still difficult to tell who is the husband of DS (even if everyone has an idea of who could be the husband I prefer not to come to a conclusion too early, to protect me from any disappointment that could spoil the ending of this drama). BTW if really like the scene where they played football together! And DR was funny as ever. :D And the scene of JH wish when he saw TK smoking on the rooftop as well!! "My wish is that guy would be a really bad guy". You could feel his sincere feeling toward his friend and his frustration. And I'm also to curious to know why DR's dad hide the newspaper...  Finally, I really loved how they made the time jump!! I really liked how the time jump was made for Reply 1997 so I was expecting a lot for this one. Shin PD is really gifted. They are so many things to talk about this episode, but in fear of writing too much, I will stop here.

But has anyone noticed that today's episode is almost 2 hours???!!! (exactly 1 hour and 50 min, even longer than some movies haha) Is it a treat for Reply viewers who have been forced to wait 2 long weeks?? Anyhow I really loved how long it was!!! I really hope that the last 3 episodes will be that long!  :w00t:

17 hours ago, woss said:

Hii~

i'm not a regular commentator either but i think you can post the rumor under the spoiler if you want to share

my theory of the kiss :

1. Dream

- because DS so far doesn't show any feeling to Taek so for her to reply his kiss , it's a little bit early

- because the way she lied down.... it's romantic of course, but in reality? why would you lie opposite like that?

2. Reality

- maybe DS when Taek suddenly kiss her, realize with her heartbeat or whatever that she likes him too

- maybe DS was too sleepy to comprehend.... and next episode we see her beating up Taek.... but then I think he was sick so I don't think so lol

3. Between dream and reality

- the kiss did happened but Taek imagining DS... while in reality, he kisses one of the other guys that DS sent to take care of Taek..... maybe DR haha lol.... *goat sound*

though I think that would be painful to watch sigh....

I'll keep it short this time >_<

Part 1:

DS and JAH are in the study room. DS thinks about why TK canceled their meeting. TK must be tired right? But is he really that tired? Am I nothing to him? Right... JAH interrupts her asking why she's not at the movies. She explains the situation over a yogurt drink and JAH says that TK must see her as a pushover. DS agrees and asks her where MK is. JAH tells her that MK is grounded.

TK's dad carries sleeping JJ and meets SW's mom, they smalltalk as he walks them home. SW's mom feeds him red bean bread (so cute!) while they walk. DR still has problems with his tummy and sticks garlic up his richard simmons after reading about it in a book lol. DS and JAH are on their way home and DS hurts her foot when a motorbike rides over it. She gets a cast and NL carries her around.

JB searches for JH but just sees a peace of paper he left in his room about an air force cadet recruitment. (What's with JB's dark circles?ㅠㅠ).

The gang plans to play soccer at an empty school place and when SW leaves for the toilet, JH and TK sit there awkwardly. JH fastens his shoelaces again and notices that TK's are perfectly tied up this time. TK says that they're still like JH fastened them before, because if he unfastened them he thinks he wouldn't be able to fasten them again afterwards. (,) JH asks him if he opened his wallet but TK denies it with a sad expression. (Then why would you be so awkward around him nowadays?) Then SW comes back with DS and DR who carries her and DS watches them play soccer while cheering. After a while DR scores a goal and lies down on the ground for a celebration but doesn't stand up again saying that his butt hurts like crazy now. The others look worried and ask him if he's ok. They help him stand up and see a big brown stain on his pants. DS asks him if he's on his period and when DR turns to look at the stain, he immediately faints. SW and JH carry him to the hospital leaving TK and DS awkwardly standing there. TK wants to carry her on his back but DS refuses. Then a security guard comes and chases them; TK having no other opition as to carry her bridal style, shoking DS.

JH's dad gets special treatment by his wife because of his waist again and he's very happy that she's helping him like that. She notices that he's smiling widely even though he's in pain and asks him if he likes her that much? He says Of course, it's like their honeymoon all over again. He then starts to talk about the singing contest and how many people going there can't pass because there's a level of talent you have to have, and not everybody has such talent... leaving JH's mom very angry until she leaves him alone in the room.

TK and his dad come over for lunch at SW's. Afterwards, SW and TK sit in their room and TK tells him that he's happy that his dad has a nice person besides him now. That he's happy that it's SW's mom. ㅠㅠ SW nods and asks him if he's ok, if he's not thinking of his own mom. TK says it's ok, since it's already a long time ago... but looks sad saying that. SW says that he should call him hyung then since he's a bit older and they laugh.

Spoiler

There is the rumor that RJY was filming a kiss scene with HR in Gimpo airport. I was thinking that this rumor might be true as DS becomes a stewardess :blink:

I'm just stating my opinion.. Haha and I'm team JH -DS. 

2 minutes ago, woss said:
  Hide contents

There is the rumor that RJY was filming a kiss scene with HR in Gimpo airport. I was thinking that this rumor might be true as DS becomes a stewardess :blink:

do military pilots go to commercial airports?

Shallow comments after watching raw.

Omg, Jung Hwan growing up real fine! Damn mighty good looking in uniform.

Noeul looking younger and younger with each year passed. It’s the hair! And that abs. Like wah!

Jung Bong looks good to me too. Think it’s the glasses. I always like guys wearing glasses (on a separate topic, boy did I tear up when he was reading the letter. That look he’s been putting on when passing letters to Deok Sun, aigoo... I wanna give him a hug.)

Like many, I dun fancy Deok Sun long hair. She looks better if she ties up her hair.

Don’t fancy Sun Woo’s fringe style.

I don’t even know what Dong Ryong is wearing.

I must go rewatch Jung Hwan in uniform!!!!

Oh, I wonder if Jung Hwan will be the one confessing to Deok Sun first in order to forget her. Like casually tell her he used to like her but it’s all ‘in the past’. She may end up chasing him instead :P 

I’m still waiting for Deok Sun to show us WHO she really likes. I a bit confused towards her expressions when Taek carried her and the scenes after that. She was loosing sleep and like wanna approach him but ends up doing nothing and the years just went by? Seriously, I want to see why she chose THE ONE as her husband and how deep her love is towards him as compared to the other guy. Needless to say, I’m rooting for Jung Hwan but if she cannot show me that she likes him as much as he likes her, I’m claiming him for myself!

Arrived home after work. Laying lazily at the couch n started reading the pages of post.

OMG!!!!! Sky couple!!!! :wub:

I'll definitely watch RAW after posting this. Luckily tomorrow is my off day. Kyaaaa!!!!!'

I still hoping for this couple :

JH - DS, SW-BR, JB-MO, SW mom n papabear. 

Ps - i dont mind for spoiler coz time is precious to keep on waiting. I need the spoiler to move on, not spending all time at one thing.

11 minutes ago, woss said:
  Hide contents

Lol more kisses the merrier...DS needs to know too which one made her heart flutter.

14 minutes ago, JCgirl 001 said:

do military pilots go to commercial airports?

I haven't watched the raw yet but has been reading all of the recaps in this forum, however I was assuming that DS is a stewardess on commercial planes (I'm not sure if I mention that correctly). So I thought JH might meet DS before she work as stewardess if my assumption is correct, despite JH being a military pilot. :sweatingbullets:

Part 2:

There's a meteor shower (?) at night and JB invites JH to see it together on the roof. He tells him to wish for something if he sees one. JB starts by wishing for something and JH doesn't have a plan what to wish for, so he asks JB what his wish was. He looks at him and says that he wished that JH would be able to do what he wants and not go into the air force because JB dreamed of doing so but can't. JH gets teary and denies that he does it for JB. Later JB leaves him alone on the rooftop and JH, while looking at TK on the opposite roof waving, wishes that TK was a bad guy (so he could hate himㅠㅠ)

BR and SW meet at the stairs and watch the meteor shower too. SW asks her if she's ok and she wants to say sth but SW interupts her, saying that he saw a meteor. He wishes that BR would stop smoking and asks what BR wished for. She hesitates and says yes. It's that they should break up. She stands up to leave but SW stops her, saying that if she moves one more step, he won't see her ever again. BR goes anyway leaving SW angry and sad.

The next day JB prepares himself to meet MK and give her the paper cranes. DS stops him saying that he can't even go near her house because she's grounded and her dad is watching MK's every move lol. DS promises to give her the paper cranes later though. He writes her a letter saying that she should't feel sorry for him because he can't come visit her. DS sits in her room and thinks.

The moms eat together and talk. DS's mom complains that NL's dream is being a singer but SW's mom calms her down, saying that her dream as a child was a singer too. JH's mom's says her's was being an artist and DS's mom says her was being a movie actress to eat dinner with her idol once haha.

After practising TK comes home half asleep. DS sits outside waiting for him. TK tells her to go home quickly and DS tells him the same. She follows him into his room but he sends her away saying that he wants to sleep. DS tells him to not eat sleeping medicine before going, TK nods saying that he won't take it that much. After DS goes, TK dreams of her laying besides him. They hold hands and he kisses her. She looks slightly shocked but returns the kiss. The next morning he smiles as his dad calls him for breakfast. Getting the milk, he sees the others going to school and asks DS who's last when she went home last night. She says that she went when he told her to; when he layed down. DS asks Why? Did you dream of me? TK brushes it of and DS goes to school. He sighs saying that it's a relief (that it was just a dream).

When DS comes back from school at night, she sees her dad and he's thinking that his precious daughter waited in the cold for him. DS goes with it eventhough that wasn't her plan and asks her dad for ice cream. They sit on the stairs and DS's dad asks her what her dream is. She says that she doesn't have one, pathetic right? But DS's dad calms her down saying that he didn't have one at her age too. Working at a bank wasn't his dream, he just does it to live well.

Archived