[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

4 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

Honest opinion, today was the first episode that I didn't like in it's entirety!. First few scenes in the hospital were great, even the Uruk scenes where SJ talks to his senior, DY-MJ scene..that was all fine.

But the product placement in today's episode was TOO MUCH!. I mean really - subway, the car, dal comma coffee and I guess the necklace SJ gives MY is some product placement too - cause they took a long shot of that necklace. I mean I know it had to be done and I am glad this is happening in the later episodes since it would have been awkward as hell if they did this is in the Uruk setting.

YAI's special appearance was the dumbest thing ever - I mean what was all that media play about his appearance being *SIGNIFICANT* 

Also, DY's car driving bit - sorry, but it was ridiculous - not to mention seemed pretty reckless for two soldiers to be indulging in such behaviour.

Very cute bits - SJ and DY promising to drink for 3 days straight! Getting so drunk that SJ didn't recognise his own gf - but when remind by Dr. Song - he was mighty pleased with himself for having landed the prettiest GF..lol.

Also MY - so very cute, is she raging backwards?. This MY looks even younger than the MY in Uruk, and the MY is Uruk looked younger than the MY who first appeared in Seoul. In some scenes where she was drunk and jumping on her couch - MY legit looks like she's in late teens to early 20s. That scene was adorable!!. How she said she wasn't the kind of woman who would get comfortable with a man - how she grabbed her legs..keke

Also cute was Bad Chairman who seems to actually like KMY (*see I was right about this all along!!*). He was doing a background check on KMY's bf and that scene in the elevator was cute :) .

I know I ought to feel bad that SJ was shot, but this just confirms my earlier logic that they will not kill his character off in episode 13. (*is this the reason SJK decided to stay on in HK?...lol...he knew that wailing fangirls would encircle his house making a prayer circle for SJ' character)

This! I thought he will instill some jealousy between MY and SJ..so that's it for him I guess...it's really just a cameo in every sense of the word. Kwang Soo's role has more meat..hehehe!

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, MeandmyCraziness said:

Wow what a cliffhanger. For the first time in this drama that my prediction was right. The writer has been consistent since the beginning, "What goes around comes around". 

But I think YSJ needs this incident, an eye-opener that he is not invincible afterall. This episode may look nerve wracking but for me it is an indication that we will have a satisfying ending. I so love the roller-coaster ride of emotions, it makes my drama experience extra special.

DOTS fighting!:wub::wub::wub:

exactly the prediction was right and I do agree with you he had that thought nothing will ever appear to him and he is invincible but now I think he learned himself.  But I am sure he will survive it because JinGoo said we will have a satisfying ending :) :wub:

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, melissala said:

The self driving car MJ/Dy scene was just so weird though.  They should have gotten a cab lol.  I can't get over the weirdness of it all when it was supposed to be an important scene for them.  :sweatingbullets:

I agree, the whole MJ and DY flow in this episode is rather jarring. I can think other scenes that best highlight the coolness of the self driving car feature than the kissing scene ... Because it kinda ruin the mood. Then it follows with fight to breakup ..... Gaah... Talk about whipped lashed effects.

as always, thank you recappers, you made my day. I like the use of "spoilers" button feature and I hope that will keep being used appropriately. 

• Like 11

Well i haven't watch it but read the recap you guys give (thanks btw for all the recapers)..my POV is i am glad that YSJ is getting shot in this episode, bcoz looking for the progress of the story, KES usually doesn't drag problem for too long..and there is still 3 episode left, eventhough there will be flashback when he is in comma state, it only take 1 episode i think..not 3..so rhe chance of happy ending is higher..lets just hope for it.. And i am sure many people will be very2 upset if YSJ die..and i am glad too that this happen tonite because eventhough no preview tomorrow we can see what happen...i just hope that for next weel ep there is still a preview..come on dots don't be so meanie to us..please give us a preview...

If i am correctly remember i think there is a statement that say YAI appearance will be catalyst to YSJ jealousy..so where is it? Maybe this will be a sign that YSJ will meet YAI sohe not gonna die..

• Like 8

Perhaps in ep 14, while SJ is still hospitalized, we will get a lot of flashbacks from people around him such as the tip toe kiss with MY, the under-umbrella scene with DY. Cheer up guys. I'm prepared for SJ's being unconscious for the whole ep 14

• Like 12

Just wondering.. Is it possible for a doctor to operate the one she/he love? There will be so much emotion when she/he doing that right? 

Still glad we get this bleed scene in the 13 eps, hope si jin will recovery soon and there will be happy end in 16th eps.

i need to watch with subtitle to understand conversation between si jin and mo yoen omma :lol: really curious

• Like 11

Spoiler

Wolf & MJ getting cozy in the car but it's so good to see!!!!  OH MY GOSH the force must have been with him during that Special Forces KIss!  The Force had to have been driving:blink:

Next Wolf willing to give up his career  for her at least that's what I think since no subs yet.  Maybe a transfer maybe someone can for sure tell me. If it's the first and he is giving up his passion for a greater one.   Her!   Than I understand why she is upset and I don't blame her because she knows how much his job means to him and that its a part of who he is and a part of why she loves him so.  Not to mention his brothers around him and Boss how they are like family to him she knows all of that too! She is most likely thinking how can there be happiness at such a price and how can he be happy doing anything other than what he loves.  It's been his life for so long and the very thing that saved his life when he was young and needed something to hang onto and believe in.  Being a soldier isn't something you can forget about its a part of who you are.  She knows all of that too!   I dare say she most likely would rather turn in her own uniform than allow him to take his off.....  Even if it did mean giving him up or so it would seem, because we all know her words that were spoken didn't match the love within her heart.  Her love has been tested in every way and she has almost died her love for him can & will endure anything just my thoughts:)

Just my thoughts without subs....

5 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

The car was on autopilot. Wow Korean cars are Jjang! Latest technology, I don't think there's any in my country yet. Hmmmm maybe there is but unknown to me :P

I get that, but it still looked bad lol 

It really took you out of the scene for the car to be moving while all this stuff is going on

• Like 10

if you are in the medical field.... your worst nightmare really will be to have someone u love appear unexpectedly in front of your eyes lifeless and their life is in your hayet you can't do anything.... u will be frozen... much as when that happens, other people has to take over because you are governed with your emotions and may make a critical error that may lead to further mishap....

I know my is aware that thiscan happen anytime but its gonna be different... grab some boxes of tissues tomorrow... my head is still aching just trying t think what has just happened and what I saw on my screen.... :bawling:

• Like 19

Daebak Drama ever!!!I never so curious about the drama plot but DotS...........I have no word....This episode remind me of 2012 drama that a woman doctor always caring the wound of her general special force boy friend in goreo time,and that's drama had an open ending,if it happend reading FF will be so much fun :phew:

• Like 12

In the balcony kiss scene pic, SJK looks quite well built right! I mean in other scenes he doesn't look huge like he does here. and SHK looks really slender against him... very well shot!! I m yet to see this scene I missed it while streaming. The photos seem very impressive! :rolleyes:

The drunk KMY looks adorable with her bangs, oversized coat, jumping on her sofa. She is a goddess! 

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

Call me crazy... But is it daniel that shoot him??? 

Who knows, but Daniel is mysterious .  We have no back ground story of him...but it would be weird if it was him... Would need some major explaining in the next few episodes if it was him.

• Like 6