[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to find out what kind of new scenes got added into the Director's cut. Were they noticable? News articles talked about a "re-edited" finale, but not even a picture has been released about what that might mean. Is it worth the $300-400 dollars to track down a copy of it now? 

• Like 2

@Harukogirl I wish I knew the answer to your question but I haven's seen it so I don't know.  Yet I guess the answer is whether or not it's worth that to you...  Personally I wouldn't mind seeing it but then again I am thankful for what I have already been given.   So many scenes that were to beautiful for words and why no matter what else I see this will always be an amazing drama to me....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUUlqXfqCCJmKS_tW4i5Nhqdefault.jpgSong-Hye-Kyo-Song-Joong-Ki1.jpg?s=900x60

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

7 K-DramasWritten By Kim Eun Sook That Prove Her Brilliance

Nov 6, 2018

If you’re invested in the K-drama world, you may be pretty familiar with the name Kim Eun Sook – the mastermind behind the scripts of several blockbuster-esque dramas that have raked in millions of viewers from all over the world. To commemorate all the amazing work she has done, here’s a look at some of her best dramas thus far!

*SKIPPED UNRELATED*

Descendants of the Sun (KBS2 2016)

This is the founding series of the Song-Song couple. The chemistry between the two leads, Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo, were apparent on-screen and with obvious reasons! This series was a hit all across Asia as people came to fall in love with the army captain Yoo Shi Jin and doctor Kang Mo Yeon. There were several serious catchy phrases and lines from the script that people are still reciting today.

We owe it all to the genius writing of Kim Eun Sook!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1253571wpp/7-k-dramas-written-kim-eun-sook-prove-brilliance

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here after binge watching ep 1-6 past few days. Haha.

I can't believe that I still cry watching the earthquake scenes... everyone nailed the emotion running high during the time before Captain Yoo came with his entourage. Bravo!

Definitely worth it to rewatch! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2016 at 7:48 AM, happifruit said:

1-0-3-0!

Aaaannnddd there we have it, everyone!

After YEARS of not watching Kdramas, I could not resist the goddess that I have worshipped since I was 14, paired with the Joseon playboy that I fell in love with years ago.

And I'm glad I did. This was so much fun.

All in all, was DoTS the best thing ever? No.
I have enough of a sense of reality to see that there were a lot of unexplored points and mis-handlings. And levers that did not get thrown.

Was it the best drama of the year? No. That honour goes to Signal.

Was it a really, really, really good drama? Yes.

Was it one heck of a ride? You bet.

Was it an absolute blast to watch? OH, YES IT WAS!

Thanks for 1030 pages! I had tons of fun on this thread :blush:

It was the best drama indeed. have seen dramas from many countries but this one was off the charts.it really intrigued me esp song song love story

Edited by falakmeer
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2016 at 5:36 PM, stitch09 said:

I strongly agree that DOTS writer is really a genius one...the fact that I'm so intact to #GooWon couple not only for the undeniable chemistry between Jin Goo & Kim Ji Won but also for the deep well written saga of their love story. I love how KMS/writer catches the heart of the viewers by giving us this one coz for me their story was much more touching & strong batling it against the will of YMJ's father and at the end of it they win against it by SDY love for his nation & for his strong willed Army Surgeon & only Angel YMJ.

I dont intend to offend your view but honestly speaking goowon part was a common place story and also draggy.also quiet predictable that dear daddy will accept their relation in the end..... remember ep 15 when daddy Yoon tore resignation document of seo dae young, he wordlessly already accepted him. Furthermore I felt their story wasn't really important in the plot.if you remove their story for instance, it won't affect the plot in anyway coz the plot is all about the love saga of captain yoo dr kang. I sometimes even feel why second love story was there