[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

• 2 weeks later...

th?id=OIP.4vlOXN3R_qFuTcHRCteZ_gEsDw&pidth?id=OIP.BRn94a6cockdG9gugU_N5wEBEs&piddescendants-of-the-sun.jpg

If you have any doubts ask yourself what did the dramas teach you and leave within you....

I for one will be honest in saying having to pick only one in the amazing list of Dramas was like being asked to save only one of your loved ones.  For this year everyone well knows was such an amazing few years for Dramas and not just from Korea...  That being said after a lot of heart ache I found myself asking which one had a bit of EVERYTHING with a dash of something unique and a sprinkle of that something special that gave me much more than the time I gave it....

That till this day still moves my heart and just hearing the melodies to these songs takes me right back to all those moments that grabbed my attention, squeezed my heart and even deeper than that taught & gave me a real honest look at the Sacrifice, Respect, Honor and Love for not only ones country but for the innocent, weak, poor that are around you...  

It speaks about those who wear a uniform who have a job that means risking their lives everyday 7 days a week being on call to go anywhere and do what ever it takes to protect the country they love and those they love within it... Even when it means leaving them at any moment no thoughts to their own needs or their own family.  For they follow a higher calling than most and their sacrifice is great often all that they have... Even when it's for another country for someone they don't even know just because it's the right thing....

It shows you first hand the sacrifice of those who serve us be it in the medical field or service of any kind throughout our lands and countries when nature hits when we least expect it and how they quickly respond.  Facing their own fears head on not just because it's their jobs but because they believe they can make a difference they made an oath to help all and they live by it...

When looking back this wasn't only an amazing story about more than one romance.  Or the love of family a father & daughter it was a story about the love we as humans should and could have for those around us all.  About protecting, sacrifice and the humbleness and love for all of mankind....  What other drama gave us so much....  And then I knew it was DOTS!!!!:w00t:

By writing this post I am hoping just like the writer of DOTS Kim Eun-sook who is one of my favorites.  That somehow I too can express through my own words, can remind you, reveal and make you see that this drama has EVERYTHING and get you to vote if only one person at a time....

credit and thanks to all original owners of pictures and video!!!

@02yoxanoh @123359c_at_gmail.com_stv @1welikethat1 @3rin @95lv @abygirl7 @accioclarice @acidburnchel @airplanepls_ @akisha @Alice_Mady @Aliesh Nolatgan @AmirulH @anakgajah @andacnblue @Andi Pipin @andinazmi @angelindisguise @Angelique Salvatierra @angi1207 @AriaAA @Asgarla @Astarzzz @Athenaries @Aug05 @Awfa @azihan5 @azuvilla2006 @b189septt @Bambiina @bayraekidae @bbsjk @beingdramatic @bharu @bkyntyn @blackwind1001 @blisskrieg @Bloby96 and 63 other followers I can't see:bawling: or they would have been listed too!!!!  

@kokodus @stargazer187 @themarchioness @kristy86 @lynne22 @phikyl @gilaswan @Chellsee @moriah04 @felicialoveskpop @CatWhiskers @aegyoppa@readyvelvet @alleverything @zashibear @Nini Song @twtwb @ilovesjk @melleri @joongkyo @Chewy Hoe @Jalhanda @bebebisous33 @shksjk @angieknows @kyobowl @roman38 @Lian_Jade @yellomellow001 @ebullient @webdangol223 @czakhareina @gabom @marie67 @missnona @icemaid @ruzikie @valsava @Erin Lokanata @jerebtang @gabom @zagigirl

And to all those out there lurking we were once over 411  Please Vote For Dots.... 

Just so you know even if you don't pick this one please pick one and join in this great idea who some have put alot of hard work and real effort into so that all of us can have a little fun!!!!  LOVE to you all:heart:

Awwww @USAFarmgirl I'm so very happy that you chose to support dots at the end. Your words, as always, makes my heart melt and knees go weak. Love you baby:heart:

It really feels good to post in this thread after a very long time. Hahaha. Its been more than a year, but i still havent forgotten the heartfluttering feelings this show made me feel.  Its one of those shows i could rewatch over and over without getting bored. For me, the community here is also what made this drama so special. The friends i made here and the time we spent in this thread will forever be the bestest time of my drama watching life. And thats exactly why i chose to vote dots even though my mind wavered among other dramas in the list that are equally great. So that i could participate in this competition alongside my fellow dotters and have fun just like the good ole times. :blush:

• Like 2

@kokodus  My sweet friend and bestest buddy if you can think of others to tag please do so it would only help us.  I feel bad as when this thread was on fire my life was a bit busy and I didn't have a chance to support those here.  Still my heart was lurking and reading and although I was much more active in other threads who are among the list still I knew I couldn't go against my gut feeling that it was DOTS that moved me the most...:wub:

I am truly sorry to those whom I may have missed I am  so busy right now working that I haven't gone through the back pages to add names but I hope you can forgive me....:(

@USAFarmgirlI'm trying to get the names by backreading. Lets see how many can i get....

My slack gang first.. @phikyl @themarchioness @gilaswan @felicialoveskpop @lynne22 @aegyoppa @stargazer187 @Jalhanda @CatWhiskers @kristy86 @readyvelvet @skyisthelimit112 @moriah04 @thesecretgarden

@wbhkis @winterbubbletea @mabelialong @zashibear @hclover96 @thea2410 @muskaan @mummyof2 @IrisFM @annettegatuslao @Chellsee @nadya92 @vu_hoa1983 @utkim @dhia205 @faidaris @Buldok @yumiko_hitoshi @Chewy Hoe@lovemetruly @foodie27@lizzybaby @nozaroc @Jafstar@andy78 @i.am.bugz.funny @SkyKid @princessmantou @mariekantalla @melleri @missandrea @eliyang @valsava@SarahLovesGh @j823 @tsaryva08 @Jloves @viyra @dotsj00ngki @mizuki85 @rumasa79 @d172 @Lian_Jade.....

Hmmm will add more later... too tired now. I know some of the names have been repeated and i hope they dont find it annoying that they keep getting tagged here. :cry:

When are the polls closing btw @Berou???

• Like 13

@phikyl I was backreading a few pages yesterday and came across when you chided us for not responding to your 15th and 16th eps wall of text. LOL. BUt you know, we were just in denial at that time and didnt want to face the fact that it ended. :D Do you want me to answer to it now?? LOLOL. I just need to find some time to rewatch those eps. 

@lynne22 I have no doubt about your undefiable loyalty towards Dots and song song couple. :heart:

• Like 2

I even logged into soompi just to vote! Dots for the win! Happy 4th of July to all American Soompiers :D thanks for the tag @kokodus 28.5% rating. Undeniable the one drama in 2016 that truly brought the whole world together! It's so popular that it's a wedding theme in Malaysia! Haha.. Kang Mo Yeon, Yoo shi jin and all the characters were kicka** ! 

I'll try to post the director's cut items that i got in the mail here.... realized i haven't shared them.... 

• Like 5

Allkpop.. 

Actor Song Joong Ki and the actress Song Hye Kyo are reportedly getting married on October 31, 2017!

The representatives from both of their respective companies confirmed the news and stated, "Because marriage is not so simple but rather involves both of the family, we were very careful with everything - it is a very sensitive and significant moment in everyone's life and that is why we're giving out this statement now. We hope everyone understands. We would like to ask for many blessings for the beautiful future of the two individuals, and the two actors will also share the news with their fans."

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo met through their much popular drama 'Descendants of the Sun' and in a recent news, were together in Bali.

Congratulations!
  • Like 5

Just here to congratulate the SongSong couple! Yay!!!! So happy for SHK and SJK. Wish them the best.

No matter what people say and think about 'The Descendants of the Sun', it gave me happiness and joy when watching this drama. I were secretly wishing back then. I am glad they take their time and be open when they ready. Congratulations!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@kokodus I guess thwir breaking news will make all those inactive or lurking trooper come out and they hsve to get voting for luttle present for their wedding.. wkwkwkwk

I hope so as well. For Dots is the drama that brought them together!!! It needs all the love in this world now for bringing two beautiful souls together. :blush: 

• Like 2

@USAFarmgirl hahaha, idk, i dont think i'm any good either. We need a real leader now. Sighhh. Ottokhae? Anyone willing to take on the responsibility here? And anyways i wont be available the latter half of this month... exams, sigh. I'm sorry guys, i'll try to help as much i can. :(

Each one of us can take up one of their most fav scene and write about it, and finally we can decide the best 5 out of that either by voting or any other methods? 

• Like 2