[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Just now, princessmantou said:

@kokodus Korean is easy... it took me 3 years to learn Korean. But then again.. growing up I hear my Korean grandma yelling Korean so I kind of knew a little before I moved to Korea... GO LEARN KOREAN ! JUST FOR SJK !

That is so going to happen considering my addiction to kdramas lately

Btw i feel like we are spamming this thread, why dont we continue our conversation thru pm.

@Meowth07
Thank you for the insightful post, the point you made on the side character is definately worth checking out
Reading your post, makes me wonder too about the original script to be honest. I think in a book format the original script will also be a good read. 

• Like 5

I'm kind of boring now bcoz DOTS ends. Browsing and surfing a few dramas but it doesnt addictive as much as DOTS. 

They hid the injury quite well with the Argus mansion scene. Maybe it was dark, i must have miss the bandage (did they color the cast?). The BTS for the accident must have caught in a camera. Curious. Curious.

Bcoz of captain and later on promoted Shi Jin, I was thinking finding myself a soldier as my hubby. And of course, someone an excellence as SJ is. Even though i'm not a doctor but i do almost married to my work. 24hours operation!! So, both of us will be bz and once in a while we will have a long vacation together. Dream on.:sweatingbullets:

I will applaud if they do proceed on DOTS season 2 with the same cast, writer, director and continuation with the story. But if only with the same title and background, i'm not okay. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, an-naum said:

I'm kind of boring now bcoz DOTS ends. Browsing and surfing a few dramas but it doesnt addictive as much as DOTS. 

They hid the injury quite well with the Argus mansion scene. Maybe it was dark, i must have miss the bandage (did they color the cast?). The BTS for the accident must have caught in a camera. Curious. Curious.

Bcoz of captain and later on promoted Shi Jin, I was thinking finding myself a soldier as my hubby. And of course, someone an excellence as SJ is. Even though i'm not a doctor but i do almost married to my work. 24hours operation!! So, both of us will be bz and once in a while we will have a long vacation together. Dream on.:sweatingbullets:

I will applaud if they do proceed on DOTS season 2 with the same cast, writer, director and continuation with the story. But if only with the same title and background, i'm not okay. 

Yeah... soldiers are always good as hubby. Because of men in that field tend to have certain character and personalities. All the army guys I know are always very responsible, disciplined and very sensitive to others.. and they always live life to the fullest

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, an-naum said:

They used darker, flesh-colored bandages.  I'm not sure about the Argus mansion scene, but in the scene where YSJ brings home a drunk KMY, his hand is bandaged too.  They did a good job hiding it with the coloring of the bandage, his coat's color, and overall skintone.  It's something the eye wouldn't pick up at a quick glance.  It was only after multiple rewatches of that scene that I finally noticed.  Of course, now that I've seen it once, it's something I can't miss.  :P

As for being bored now that DotS is over, I feel you.  I can't seem to get excited about anything else right now either.  :(

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

They used darker, flesh-colored bandages.  I'm not sure about the Argus mansion scene, but in the scene where YSJ brings home a drunk KMY, his hand is bandaged too.  They did a good job hiding it with the coloring of the bandage, his coat's color, and overall skintone.  It's something the eye wouldn't pick up at a quick glance.  It was only after multiple rewatches of that scene that I finally noticed.  Of course, now that I've seen it once, it's something I can't miss.  :P

As for being bored now that DotS is over, I feel you.  I can't seem to get excited about anything else right now either.  :(

Ahhhh... I was wondering what's wrong with his flesh

Title: Audio and Video
Author: WinterBubbleTea  
Genre: Joyful Humor
Pairing: Yoo Shi Jin/Kang Mo Yeon, Future Mention of Gi Beom/Choi Min Ji  
Character: Kim Gi Beom, Sergeant Choi Woo Geun (aka Snoopy)
Rating: PG-13
Drama: Descendant of the Sun
Gif Maker: Jirominoo
Notation: I had to substitute a name for Sergeant Choi's wife name.  
Summary: Kim Gi Beom wonders about Captain, well now it's Major Yoo and how he got such a great girl.
tumblr_o62kywW2dY1vpd0gxo5_400.gif
  • Like 11

South Korea TV show going viral in North Korea
The movies are making it into the country on flash drives, according to a report.
By Elizabeth Shim 

South-Korea-TV-show-going-viral-in-North

SEOUL, April 25 (UPI) -- The North Korean regime may celebrate founder Kim Il Sung's birthday as the "Day of the Sun," but more North Koreans are soaking up the rays of South Korean media trickling into the country.

A popular South Korean soap opera is circulating in the North, making its way across the border with China, where the television series has been downloaded 2 billion times, Asia Times reported.

Descendants of the Sun is so well received in North Korea even border guards in the country secretly watch the show in their spare time, Radio Free Asia reported.

The movies are making it into North Korea on flash drives and are pricey, costing $4 to $5 per episode, according to the report.

The average monthly salary in the North is not quite $1.

But that hasn't deterred the contraband from flowing into the country.

For North Korean binge watchers of the show, a flash drive with a total of eight episodes is available for about $30.

The South Korean slang used in the show is going viral among North Korean border guards.

In other parts of the country, South Korean vernacular has gone mainstream across North Korea due to the popularity of South Korean movies and music.

The show has stirred up some political controversy in other parts of Asia.

China's Ministry of Public Security has warned viewers against watching too many episodes, and a scene in which South and North Korean soldiers fight was deleted in a version adapted for a Chinese audience.

The show focuses on the romance between a young South Korean army captain and a female physician, who are both part of a peacekeeping mission in the fictional country of Uruk.

The captain, played by South Korean actor Song Joong-ki, is popular among Chinese women, according to RFA.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2016/04/25/South-Korea-TV-show-going-viral-in-North-Korea/7771461609006/

• Like 12

6 hours ago, SkyKid said:

@princessmantou hu hu, I give up, re-watch the scene just now, still can't catch that phrase :sweatingbullets: thank you anyway :heart::wub: 

If it makes you feel any better, I also went back to rewatch the tower scene in Episode 12 and the only time I heard YSJ say "oppa" was when he was warning KMY to not go back to Korea and see the hospital director or "Yoon Gi Oppa."  I didn't hear him call himself oppa either.  *shrugs*

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

If it makes you feel any better, I also went back to rewatch the tower scene in Episode 12 and the only time I heard YSJ say "oppa" was when he was warning KMY to not go back to Korea and see the hospital director or "Yoon Gi Oppa."  I didn't hear him call himself oppa either.  *shrugs*

He said it a few times throughout the series too. I def catch that and its not the YoonGi oppa part...:(

"Descendants of the Sun" Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo smiling together

photo718269.jpg

Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo look tight.

Song Hye-kyo posted a picture from the set of "Descendants of the Sun" on her Instagram on the 26th.

In the picture, Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki are standing close to each other. Their faces are covered with black dirt but they look happy.

Song Hye-kyo's fans are glad to see the picture.

Meanwhile, Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki played a doctor and a soldier in "Descendants of the Sun" and earned the nickname 'Song-Song Couple'.

source: hancinema

• Like 12

7 hours ago, princessmantou said:

Yes he did. He calls himself Si Jin Oppa. It's the rooftop scene. KMY is born in 1983 on September. If he's a Pisces he is older isn't it. By the way the cafe scene where he say they should say I Love You by age... he didn't specify if she should go first because she's older or younger. He just sasid 'Then let's go by age' in Korean. I'm Korean... so thats the actual direct translation. 

He did'nt mention his an oppa in episode 12. How many times i watched it there's no mention or line about that in that scene. They didnt reveal their ages directly but there were many scenes as evidence thats YSJ older than KMY. Its my eagle eyes. 

1. in episode 2 : in movie date scene KMY call YSJ as oppa, then when KMY joke said she's Noona YSJ don't believe her its like she's a minor. 

2. in episode 2 : We can see from Haesung Hospital Voluntary List thats KMY birthday is 14 September 1983.

3. in episode 5 : when YMJ call KMY in informal , YSJ told YMJ she should call KMY as Unni or Sunbae. He Actually knows KMY age from Haesung Hospital Voluntary List. because YSJ older than YMJ thats YMJ call YSJ as sunbae, so YSJ told YMJ to call KMY as unni or sunbae.

4. in episode 13 : actually its the big hint for viewers thats YSJ is an oppa he said "he was born in 1983 and pisces". so its mean YSJ birthday its around February or March 1983.

5. in episode 15 : during the cafe 'i love you' scene. YSJ told KMY thats she should say "I love you" first. But when YSJ told to said it beside their age, order their age. its mean older to younger right, so YSJ older than KMY so YSJ told "I Love You" first to KMY. 

So considering all these hints, YSJ is older than KMY fews month. 

I knows thats you all confused why they always talk in formal even when they hangout. I think thats because their job. the ways soldier speaks and the ways doctors speaks.  There's so many couple in korean, they talk formally even though their maried couple right? 

@princessmantouYou said you're korean, you should knows better than other viewers. 

• Like 4