[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Saving 3 full special episodes after watching still cut for about 2x times is my precious treatment for the weekend kk :lol: 

And I want to send super huge hug to all you guys for the sincere posts that firstly active my silent mode and now they are inspiring me alot that I wan't to express my feelings for DOTS instead of keeping them inside. :)

One of those things make me fall in love with this series is the OST. Normally I just like 2-3 OST at max (and yeah I still remember the me at 6th grade trying to remember the Full House OST, which coindientally a series with the participation of Kyo ^_^, even write down the pronunciation of Korean words to sing along...).

But DOTS' OST is really something, the tune, the lyrics are perfectly fit with the scene and potray the feelings of characters in a very emotive way. To speak first, I'm really moved by the lyrics of "Talk Love" presented by my favorite singer K.Will,in which there's a sentence circles in my mind most:

"When people say if you love someone so much, you tear

But when I see you, my eyes teared

I think this is love"

And it is proved by this expression of Shi Jin for many times that my heart is touched, I can feel how deep his love for Mo Yeon is. (And to say, I love how Joong Ki and Hye Kyo are so good in acting with their eyes, without a word said, thousands of things are potrayed through their eyes.)

Screen%20shot%202016-04-14%20at%2010.32.

(Edited by me)

^ I would love to see SHK and SJK as lovers again in another drama or movie. That's would be awesome if it comes true one day. I can never be bored with watching them.

If KBS should have another DOTS inspired drama/movie, than I hope it will be set in the Joseon Dynasty era (like Moon embracing the sun) to tell their love story of their past life time together, like how KMY said to YSJ that he must have save the nation in his past life to meet her now. They will look so lovely in their period costumes and instead of YSJ using a gun we get to see him shooting with a bow and arrow and use a sword to perform some cool martial art stunts. They can ride on horses instead and use a raft to cross a river. KMY can be a physician somewhat like Dae Jang Geum to heal and cure people, while YSJ be a hero to protect the children, beautiful women, and the elderly in the Joseon Dynasty, without any love triangle or square in their love story.

They demonstrated how a perfect hug should be done by a loving couple.

Totally agree with you on this @IrisFM :wub: When I watch the scene they tease each other about how much contribution YSJ did in the past life that lead to the meeting of two in this life, I was excited imagining how interesting it would be to see them in the past life. And just imagine Kyo in hanbok, I can't control my crush on her haha :lol:

I'm not gonna leave this thread *Koala pose*

• Like 18

i really really really cant stop laughing when watch the epilogue,,,and i already watch it twice today....hahahahahahaha.....

i keep checked the time when watch the epilogue for the first time, because i didnt want this episode to ended too fast and i hope time would be slower too...but yeah the words in the end of epilogue really like a slap to me back to reality that this drama already ended and yeah must bid a farewell too...its still make me sad....i cant see dots again, feel the hype every week, wait like crazy every week,,

The BTS or epilogue episode really really makes me more thankful to this drama....letting me know how the effort to make this drama, how they are build the filming set, how they worked to make a great earthquake scene, how they are make the disaster after effect location, thats all really really well done for me...and surprass my expectation....just wow....the whole earthquake and rescue scene still makes my eyes teary and my jaw dropped...just wow....and yeah in the BTS finally i can see the people the great people behind the production of this drama....people that make this drama more more more brilliant....people that give their best effort to produce this drama...still cant believe that man is the PD that make the great drama like dots,,wow just wow, i never thought he would be easy going looks like that....hahahahahaha....

okay lemme list what catch my eyes in the epilogue episode:

1. yoo sijin with his action scene is just awesome....cool...and perfect!!!! song joongki is really did well potraying this cool character...and he didnt even use stuntman when did action skills, two thumbs for you SJK....even get hurt by yourself????ah feels sorry about it too....he did well very very well....none cant potraying YSJ as perfect as SJK like SHK said, i cant imagine another actor play as YSJ...just cant...never...

2. the save arab president that being dubbed by alpha team in kangwondo satoori is just so funny....i cant stop laughing...daedaphaeyo keruom saleoyo...hahahahahaha....

3. the bromance scene.....between YSJ and SDY as lovely as being potrayed in the screen...they really have on off bromance chemistry...when they choose between sistar vs AOA with rock scissor and paper....just lol...and sistar is the winner...seriously AOA will be happy especially seolhyun,..hey seolhyun your ideal type SJK choose AOA as his bet..hahahahahahahaha...but in the end there is twist both more crazy over red velvet.....and thanks i see a full version of SDY dancing dumb dumb dumb...he really did all the point dance from dumb dumb song, ahjusshi ahjusshi.....latte and espresso too....SDY with his espresso lol//// you both never failed to make me cry because too much laughing..hahahahahaha

4. its still awe me how they make interesting love story between soldier and doctor...that different than another drama and 1st time bring out a character  as a soldier...agree with the PD sai about SJK that his eyes and facial expression while he is acting look very manly and feminine at the same time. and this is what make YSJ character interesting... he is funny and humorous soldier but also a great soldier with strong sense of justice..and yes he is  a man of  the best fantasy. a cool man. and unbelievable..hahahahaha

5.YSJ and argus.....yeah i cried when SJK cried too in the scene when he burn his photo with argus and when he shoot argus and cry at the same time it just so sad...he must kill his role model, a man that he saved before and make his sunbae died because of it, a man that he admire so much, ah so heart breaking

6. SHK with her cute and emotional scene..ah her drunk scene is so cuteeeeeee.........my reaction same with SJK reaction...and the staff too...cant stop laughing see her habit drunk like that and SHK did it  too in real life???wow she must be cute too...and yeah SHK teary eyes speak 1000 words to me too....it just amazing how she express the sad feeling in a scene....i cried because of her twice in ep 7 and ep 15...it just because of her the solo reason why i cried so much in that episode.

7. okay gowoon couple really have many scenes that being cut.....SDY being slapped by YMJ more than 1 yeah we just saw 1 in real broadcasting and even YMJ throw water to SDY face....wow i wonder what kind of story that makeYMJ did it..hmmm...and yeah their love story is a bit common and yeah i saw an unclear start in their relationship that never be talked until the end, their flashback isnt enough for me to show how their love started..but okay i just accept what already given to me....hahahahahaha..gowoon couple story maybe a common love story in kdrama with noble idiocy, push and pull etc...but in this drama the writer give a magic in it that makes their love story interesting too and different than common love story in kdrama...yeah that magic is only happen in KES hands,,hahahaha

8. the reality behind tying hair scene.....it must be hard to joongki tie SHK hair...hahahahaha...tying hair is difficult task to every man in this world, YSJ isnt an exception too...hahahahahaha,,,for joongki action scene is easier than this scene..hahahahahaha....but still in screen that scene is romantic.....

ah i write too long already just because of epilogue episode.....hahahahahahaha....and it just a half of that episode....hahahaha...ill save my half of comment and continue later....i want to keep posting in this thread until move on...thats why i save my comment...hahahahahaha

• Like 18

Hi guys, OMG, it was  really a very beautiful drama that I can't forget every scenes of SJKand SHK from EP1-16. This is my first time to watch SONG JONG KI who is really a soldier because he has just finished his two (2) yrs military service when he accepted the offer as Captain Yoo Si Jin. He is very handsome in his military uniform and a very good actor also. I hope and pray that the love of Captain YSJ and Dr KMY will become real in actual life.   

I'm sorry that I joined you only now because I was overwhelmed  by this drama. I have so many thoughts especially Big Boss and Beauty but I can't express it after watching every episodes. I guess, this drama made me crazy that I suddenly smile even in front people when I think of their cute and funny scenes. 

• Like 6

Dear chinggus,  Many of us can't let go, and personally I am still fixated and cannot bring myself to look at other dramas yet without comparing.  Maybe in time.  DotS will always be very special to me in many ways.  

See you in other forums sometime in the future.

• Like 4

Hey guys. 

Here's a little something to help you ease the pain of DOTS's end. 

http://archiveofourown.org/tags/태양의%20후예%20%7C%20Descendants%20of%20the%20Sun%20(TV)/works

A few fanfictions. Love the one shots. Wish more fanfiction were written/are being written so we can enjoy them. Lol! Found these quite accidentally. Posted on some recap site. Enjoy!

• Like 10

I thought of something that could happen in season 2 :)

Maybe this time they would have a female soldier and a male doctor lol. The female soldier would be the no nonsense, sassy and someone who speaks her mind whereas the male doctor would be a little meek, who only knows his way around the hospital. Then he finds himself out of his comfort zone when he goes (or maybe forced to go) to volunteer in ? country. The female soldier would eventually fall in love with him and he will turn into a better person because of her okay I don't know if it sounds like crap haha. 

• Like 9

i make a big mistake yesterday in this thread.....i must be out of my mind back then......some of you must notice it too back then...i must be pabo..monchongi...fool....hahahahahaha...sorry and thank you to moderator too must take a care my mistake TT.TT....

ah i deserved a punishment....as a punishment ill continue rewatching dots episode that yesterday i already did....i watch the re-run in kbsworld so i must continue it today....i give my sunday time to DOTS....such a beautiful punishment...

now in this early morning 3 AM i already watch another round of epilogue episode (already in the middle part)....its not epilogue we wont found an epilogue in that episode, it just behind the scene episode.......sjk really good in that plaid shirt...one of my favorite,,,he looks shinning in BTS interview....arrrgggghhhhh...my heart scream because this happiness...

if jo jaeyun get his national tittle as national villain though he just appear in small part in dots...urrgghhhh it suit him best..then YSJ would get his national tittle too national captain soldier....hmmmmmmm..... KMY would be national doctor? SDY would be national sergeant soldier(?) and YMJ would be national surgeon army..,hahahahahahahahaha....suddenly i thought all character in DOTS deserved the national tittle too...hahahahahahaha....yeah dots a bit can we called national drama nowadays....

i watch the dots epilogue in chart part now....the unique sweet couple chart is like another twist for me....hahahahahahahaha....

1. sergeant choi and KMY....woah.....i laugh so much when knowing sergeant choi nickname choilovely...suddenly i remember his nickname looks like choo sarang and family title as choolovely or gong hyojin title gonglovely....such a cute nickname its suit his real personality but dont suit with his face.,,,,,mianhae sergeant choi!!!!! his hate love with KMY is so funny since beginning..the hate just come from himself (like a man that found a great woman but wont admit it because he is just too egoist, shy and yes his wife is better than KMY!!!!!lol) and KMY never know it until the end...it must funny if KMY know it in the end....hahahahahahahaha

2. YSJ with fish-face superior Park byung soo....park byung soo is one of scene stealer for me....he is just too funny even he was angry..lol...how he proud to himself is deserved another claps too...clap clap clap...and how he want to looks good in front of his superrior too is another clap too...just stand still i already laugh because of park byung soo....his love-hate relationship with YSJ????hmmmmm looks so intimate like both of them cant live without each other and both of them know to threaten each other too...hahahahaha...every word that KMY said about park byung soo just sooooo true...i want high 5 too to KMY...

3.the 1st rank really a big twist for me....hahahahahahaha...director han with CH mom????????heol daebak...never expect this couple too....hahahahaha..the only one that can punish, hit, grumbling to director han is CH mom...i laugh at myself back then when found out the one that play CH mom is that ahjumma who always play rich ahjumma, evil mother in kdramas...hahahahahaha..and yes she always appear in KES drama too before...lolololololololol....never watch this ahjumma play a poor ahjumma in kdramas before, maybe her face doesnt suit it or she is the one that dont want to play as poor ahjumma....two thumbs for this ahjumma that can beat director han in word wars and in everything too,,,yeoksi money always can won everything in kdramas...

this three is really an unique sweet couple that i never thought it before...i thought the result would be the obvious couple one but this list isnt an obvious couple...hahahahahaha

okay ill continue watching again...... welcome to my descendants of the Sun-Day to me.....rewatching will coming soon...hahahahahaha

• Like 11

'Descendants of the Sun' special reveals behind-the-scenes footage of Song Joon-ki and Song Hye-kyo's wine kiss

Spoiler

photo717409.jpg

The behind-the-scenes footage of Song-Song couple's wine kiss from 'Descendants of the Sun' has been revealed.

The third episode of 'Descendants of the Sun' Special program on April 22nd revealed the behind-the-scenes of Song-Song couple's wine kiss.

The intricate gaze in the eyes of the two drew attention.

Song Joong-ki revealed, "From the beginning, director told me to send a strong gaze to Mo-yeon as if I would make a hole with rays from my eyes. I couldn't understand it well in the beginning, but I finally could understand his words when filming the wine kiss scene".

• Like 14

Reading SHK's interviews about how she is amazed at KMY as a character has also reminded me something - the confession scene with the handphone was truly a work of genius. Apart from how it was totally unexpected, it has also brought the relationship forward. What I am saying is that knowing KMY, she won't be the first to confess. She will probably not talk about it and she won't confess until YSJ does. But YSJ is unlikely to confess one more time because he has been rejected many times and he wants to give her space. So they were at a standstill and they cannot move forward. What did Kim Eun Sook do? She gave us this amazing scene where KMY had confessed by accident via the phone. Hahaha. I love it!

• Like 22

Eye to eye with Big Boss...

I just realize that we've reached the laptop password of Dr. Song, we are now in page 1030! Yay!!!

Fighting chinggus!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pre-production of 'Descendants of the Sun' raised drama's quality: writer

AEN20160423002100315_01_i.jpg

SEOUL, April 23 (Yonhap) -- The co-writer of "Descendants of the Sun" said that the pre-production system contributed to raising the quality of the mega-hit Korean TV drama, but feedbacks from audience may have helped him to do better with the scripts in some parts.

The KBS 2TV series starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo captivated audiences in South Korea and China, where the show premiered simultanousely from Feb. 24 to April 14. The military romance saga was hailed as a well-made drama as all the episodes of the show were shot and edited before they were shown to viewers.

Still, Kim Won-seok, the drama's co-writer, said there were some parts he could have fine tuned if the show had been shot as it was being aired, per local industry norm.

"I think there were many lacking parts in the script despite the time to make the quality show through pre-production," Kim said in a recent interview Yonhap News Agency.

"I think I could have paid more attention to the script such as emotional lines of the characters," Kim said, stressing that he could have listened to feedback from the viewers.

The writer particularly thanked Song for doing an excellent job despite a serious injury from filming heavy action scenes, which left him with a fracture in his right wrist and damage to the knee just before the show was aired.

"I could not fix or do anything about the script," Kim said, adding that the actor had to return to work after just days of treatment.

The season finale of the show concluded with 38.8 percent of viewers in South Korea last week. The result was just 1.2 percentage points shy of the much anticipated 40 percent mark. Reaching it would have made the show the first weeknight series to do so in the country since "Moon Embracing the Sun" in 2012.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/23/0701000000AEN20160423002100315.html

• Like 13

From no.1 Singapore's telecom provider, FB page.

"Fall in love with the hottest Korean hits on the fastest Fibre Broadband"

13055322_10154250589021677_6136113798746

• Like 12