[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

CgLX0yHUEAAczJ6.jpg

f6IeO5a.gif

=========

“Descendants of the Sun” OST Beats Out “Reply 1988” in New Sales Record

“Descendants of the Sun” OST Beats Out “Reply 1988” in New Sales Record

The “Descendants of the Sun” OST has set a new sales record!

The songs from the soundtrack were released in Korea and China throughout the drama’s run and frequently topped the music charts soon afterwards.

Music industry representatives said, “Although it’s not an exact calculation, if all 10 OSTs took the No. 1 spot on domestic music charts and stayed in the top ranks for 2 months, then the earnings from digital sales might be around 1 billion won (about $872,000).”

Looking at album sales of Volume 1 of the “Descendants of the Sun” OST and the soon-to-be-released Volume 2 reveals a sales record of about 60,000 albums. With an average price of 15,000 won, the earnings from album sales alone would be around 900 million won (about $785,000).

In China, the 10 songs from the OST were bundled together in a package and sold through the music site Kugou. So far the site has recorded a sales record of 260,000 albums, resulting in a profit of around 936 million won (about $816,000). (The package was sold at a lower price than the Korean album.)

Taking into account all of the above, the estimated total earnings from the OST is 2.8 billion won (about $2.4 million). If the album continues to do well in the future, the profits may rise to as much as 3 billion won.

The highly popular OST from the tvN drama “Reply 1988” sold about 40,000 copies, while the “My Love From the Star” OST sold about 28,000 copies.

All the songs on the “Descendants of the Sun” OST were pre-produced and features the artists Yoon Mi Rae, EXO’s Chen and Punch, Davichi, Gummy, Mad Clown and Kim Na Young, K.Will, Lyn, SG Wannabe, MC The Max, and JYJ’s Kim Junsu.

Soompi

==============================

[HanCinema's Digest] Travel Bug Bites

2016/04/16

Spoiler

photo712284.png

Song Joong-ki becomes an honorary ambassador for tourism following "Descendants of the Sun", Businessmen and women gather to 'decipher the puzzle that is Korean online travel', visit a jjimjibang with insights from Lonely Planet, and have you ever stayed at a Korean "love hotel" before?

photo712280.jpg

""Descendants of the Sun" Actor Song Joong-ki in Commercials for 'Visit Korea Year' Campaign"

You may have heard just how well the Korea drama "Descendants of the Sun" has been for Korean tourism, and the South Korean government has noticed. Actor Song Joong-ki has been named as an honorary ambassador for tourism by the Ministry of Culture Sports and Tourism and the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO): "A South Korean psychologist explained the popularity of Song to his role as a mature professional soldier. It is a contrast to the very rich or very poor but with a run-on-the-mill boyish charm of the usual male leads in Korean dramas".

...READ ON YIBADA

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-digest-travel-bug-bites-93544.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 19
  • LOL 1

13012856_1186678331372985_42471730548819

13006483_1186678498039635_46190614200521

Have you seen this though?? A 87-years old couple photos reenacting Descendants of The Sun signature photos! So adorable. I smell that in the future Descendants of The Sun will become its own thing; you know, like I won't be surprised if there's DoTS-themed wedding party or something.

• Like 21

17 minutes ago, pinknerd93 said:

Have you seen this though?? A 87-years old couple photos reenacting Descendants of The Sun signature photos! So adorable. I smell that in the future Descendants of The Sun will become its own thing; you know, like I won't be surprised if there's DoTS-themed wedding party or something.

It's very sweet.  And I think it's already become a thing! 

https://www.dramafever.com/news/vietnamese-couple-take-descendants-of-the-sun-inspired-wedding-photos/

• Like 6

Remember when many people didn't feel satisfied with how SJ recovered miraculously quick and left the patient bed to take care of his friend?

Back then, I didn't really feel any problem with the scene. I understand that putting others' life and benefits above his is SJ's top priority and that scene seems to highlight that instinct in him.

But looking back, I wish there is at least a tiny change that would make people accept SJ's seeming ignorance of MY's concern better.

If only his final thought before losing consciousness was about MY. His eyes were already so teary; just a line like: I am sorry for not keeping my promise with you, Dr Kang or I wish I could have told you "I love you"...I would be glad with just a line like this, even though SJ was all about saving his North Korean later because it would show that SJ understood My's concern for him in his mind,

Also, if only the scene of SJ in critical situation would be longer so that we can see MJ's struggle better. Anyway, I am fine without that.

Poor MY had to suffer so much pain, shock and anger in such a short span of time. At least she deserves such a short, unspoken line.

j7feNER.gif       dMLCKtp.gif

• Like 19

Annyeong chingu-deul!

For those of you who have been giving my fics much love, kamsahamnida! :wub: I'm just about restarting some new attempts at filling in the gaps for Episode 16. Here's the preamble:

"It was a dry summer's day. Dr Kang MoYeon had told her colleagues at the Albanian refugee base camp she was volunteering at for 2 weeks that she needed the day off to sort out some personal affairs. While in part her trip up to Kukës, a border town in Albania where a refugee camp had been set up, was to work with an international UN medical tearm to provide medical aid and support that was very much needed among the growing number of Kosovo refugees crossing the border, it was also around this time a year ago that Cpt Yoo SiJin of the Korean Special Forces was last seen while serving with the international peace-keeping troops there. Today was the day she had received news of his passing exactly 12 months before, and because they never managed to recover his body to bring back to Korea, she decided she would at least bring full circle and closure to their short life together by serving where he last served in the way she knew best - as a doctor..."

Will let you know once I'm done. Heh...

• Like 23

15 minutes ago, rushie5 said:

Liked your quick, no frills review. Heh. 

PPL seems to be a real issue in Korean dramas, but I'm not so sure it's the writer's fault if it's not done well as much as it might be the director's because s/he would be the one to decide on angles, placement and all that stuff ya? Well, I wouldn't know. But the last bits of episode 16 did look more like an advertisement than part of the story. :/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IrisFM said:

Thanks everyone for your overwhelming responses hehe. Here are some more for thoughts in case you change your mind :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

cr madisonyork.tumblr.com

"You look good in your dress uniform. Girls fantasize about uniforms." - KMY

Reveal hidden contents

cr 49.media.tumblr.com

emmm...when black make him look deadly, him with with shirt and white bare skin definitely the best :heart:

• Like 5

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

Why is this thread moving very slowly???:mellow:

Come on guys, where are you all we didnt even reach 1000 pages yet!!!!

Haha, is the tread moving slowly? LOL, I'm struggling in my back reading now, each time I come across gifs of the soldiers fanboying RV I have to stop bcos I will burst our laughing.

Where to find a captain that moves his hips like this, he is so adorable :joy: SJK and dancing don't go together I guess, love his little smile before proceeding with that silly moves...

tumblr_o5mrhdlPrc1qfakbgo3_r3_400.gif  

Jin Goo nailed it, seriously, blank face and silly dance, is he having a cramp? They cracked me up, these two :joy:

tumblr_o5mrhdlPrc1qfakbgo1_r2_400.gif

cr: SunnySun26

@smiletall

Thanks so much for the translation, very much appreciated :D 

• Like 16

SJK's personality is more mature/serious in real life, so when the red velvet scene came up, you could soo tell that he was a bit uncomfortable  (unlike JG who was a complete goof ball with his cramp dance :P) but when he started circling his hips with the sign in his hand, i completely lost it. THAT SCENE WAS GOLDD:D:D i had to keep replaying that scene to make sure it was SJK. Doing something like that, i would imagine, must've been difficult for a man whos personnality is more stern/blunt 

• Like 14