[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hi @lilhanh I respect your opinion...I actually agreed with your summation of the KMY & YSJ relationship development through the series.

That is the one thing that the writers got right all the way from ep 1 -14...

hope it continues with ep 15-16..

This story arc is what's drawn me into DOTS...its very different KDrama compared to what other series are..

im worried about post DOTS, what am going to watch next...? And what  other onscreen  couple can match The chemistry of SongSong couple..

ive already seen DOTS 5 times completely...already so far...

ive watched ep 9. & 12 at least 10 times each..

my DOTS fever is getting high :)

• Like 13

6 hours ago, kristy86 said:

@gilaswan I've been meaning to ask you, I can't find your fanfics  :bawling: I want to read it too, please help... 

Hi, hi... Here's the link

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1109460/dots-chapter-12-the-missing-scenes-dots-kangmoyeon-yoosijin-urk

Sorry I haven't had the time to write for any other gaps this week. Does anyone have ideas of gaps they want filled though? No promises, but I could scribble some ideas. Might come at the end of the series though... So sad. What will I do after dots ends?!

• Like 7

About dots remake, i think it would be fun if YSJ and KMY switch roles. Let's imagine they are in alternate universe, in that universe KMY is a soldier and YSJ is a doctor. Both are playful. KMY would be the pretty flirty soldier that makes YSJ falls on his knees, he just can't resist her. KMY would do something equal to that flipping phone trick and as time goes by, just like how in this universe KMY able to catch that phone, YSJ on alternate universe would do thee same thing or even better, he would learn and become more crafty than the pretty flirty soldier KMY.

OR,

In another alternate universe, both KMY and YSJ would be a doctor like the original script. Maybe YSJ would be a doctor on the line like daniel did, and they meet when KMY go volunteering. And just like how they met in this universe, their meeting wouldn't be so smooth since both an alpha male/female, but then they come to understand each other perspective, and later fall hard for each other.

Oh, i'm so in with this kind of remake, my only wishes are KES still be the writer because she is awesome and KMY and YSJ would still be played by SHK and SJK. Perfect!

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Ohsh said:

Epilogue of their future?! Is it a hint to the happy ending? One can hope!

I think an epilogue is really a cop out here.

the series should end at episode 16. There shouldn't be a need for epilogue, unless the ending is unsatisfactory.

i believe the epilogue is an afterthought...KBS and the producers not realizing that DOTS was so popular after a few episodes

suddenly announcing. BTS and epilogue to satisfy the fans....

The ending is probably open ended, just like the movie they've been watching, is it happy or sad ending....which would then need the epilogue to close the ending I assume to make it happy ending to satisfy us fans..

• Like 14

I guess captain Yoo is strict to kim min suk because Dr Kang is treating KMS extra nice. Our captain must be jealous. To Dr Kang, KMS is a junior but to Captain Yoo, every guy is his competitor!

When encountering enemies: our captain Yoo is as fierce as a lion.

When encountering his one and only Dr Kang: our captain Yoo is as meek as a lamb.

• Like 16

“Descendants of the Sun” Leads Ratings Even With Reruns

“Descendants of the Sun” Leads Ratings Even With Reruns

KBS2TV‘s hit drama “Descendants of the Sun” continues its exceptional performance in viewership ratings.

Even the reruns are hitting impressive digits. The April 9 rerun of the 14th episode attracted 11.4 percent of the potential nationwide viewership, easily beating other shows in the same time slot.

MBC‘s “We Got Married” came in second with 4.2 percent while SBS Sports‘ “KBO Samsung vs. Lotte” recorded 2.7 percent. The 13th episode of “Descendants of the Sun,” which aired one hour before the 14th one, reached 7.7 percent.

These ratings are impressively high for reruns, especially at a time where most drama episodes struggle to reach 10 percent even when they first air.

Meanwhile, “Descendants of the Sun” is consistently breaking records with ratings surpassing 30 and even 40 percent.

Source (1)

CR: SOOMPI

~~ Wooooooh, Congrats DOTS!! :glasses:

& I'M ALWAYS THANKFUL & GRATEFUL FOR EVERYONE HERE FOR ALL THE UPDATES!! MWAAAAAAAAAHUGS! :kiss_wink:

& pleaseeeeeeeee! Don't ever post any unnecessary rumors 'coz it's bothering & annoying to everyone who reads it here, so just don't post it here to avoid confusions, arraso?? :wink: & about the ending??? naaaa, I'm not that worried now 'coz it's a HAPPY ENDING, you hear me?? then, they will show us an epilogue showing viewers a glimpse of the future between the onscreen couple of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo...(quoting a news article earlier).. so WHO'S NOT HAPPY W/ THAT? ME? I'M MORE THAN SATISFIED! & I'm thinking that they will be a married couple in that epilogue & have babies!! kyaaaaaa! (ok, I'm not expecting that much but couldn't help it :P) So let's just sit back, relax, enjoy & wait for the 2 eps this weds & thurs.. :kiss_wink: 

• Like 24

2 hours ago, mulder9999 said:

I think an epilogue is really a cop out here.

the series should end at episode 16. There shouldn't be a need for epilogue, unless the ending is unsatisfactory.

i believe the epilogue is an afterthought...KBS and the producers not realizing that DOTS was so popular after a few episodes

suddenly announcing. BTS and epilogue to satisfy the fans....

The ending is probably open ended, just like the movie they've been watching, is it happy or sad ending....which would then need the epilogue to close the ending I assume to make it happy ending to satisfy us fans..

This is my biggest fear right now. I'm 99,999% sure no one will die but I'm afraid the ending will somewhat be an open one and that we will only get a proper "close" in the epilogue. I really want this drama to end on a good note, and by that I mean on ep 16, not on the epilogue. The epilogue is going to air as a "special" so there's a chance many of the casual viewers of the drama won't check it out when it airs, meaning they will stay with the ending ep 16 gave them. So I really hope the epilogue is just an extra and that we actually get to see a proper closure in ep 16. I personally don't like open endings but there's been a few that I understood and was even able to enjoy, it all depends on how it's done. But if we look at the writer's past works she always had good endings so I hope DOTS will also be like that.

• Like 13

51 minutes ago, katriona said:

:w00t: Who wants to sleep on these pillows? ;) 

They are the reasons for us losing sleep every Wednesday and Thursday... I am sceptical in these helping in bringing sleep to any of the troopers...

• Like 3