[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

10 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I wonder why Kim MinSuk found SJK to be a scary sunbae and compared that with Jin Goo whom he said was more caring. Like SJK isn't caring? I thought many reports say SJK is a nice person on set? Or is it the awesomeness of SJK that makes younger rookies fear him? Ahh... All the same... 

Same! I expected him to be more scared of Jin Goo than Joong Ki (just appearance wise I think I'd be more scared of JG). Maybe KMS was just intimidated and then realized SJK isn't that scary. 

TBH I'd be fainting on that set from the faces of the leads so I give these actors props for keeping their lines straight around these guys. :wub:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, IrisFM said:

‘Descendants of the Sun’ to be made into Chinese, movie versions

By Doug Tsuruoka on April 9, 2016 in Asia Times News & Features, China, Koreas (<>

Seems that Chinese audiences can’t get enough of the Korean TV drama “Descendants of the Sun.”

The 16-episode KBS series that’s grabbed over 2 billion views in China will reportedly be made into a version with Chinese actors speaking Chinese. Ethnic Chinese news outlet Yibaba said in an an April 9 story that the drama distributor has found a partner in China who can help reproduce the mega-hit romantic tale of a South Korean special forces captain and a woman doctor assigned to a peacekeeping mission in a fictitious country.

It isn’t known if a Chinese version will be an copy of the original with an identical plot and Chinese actors playing the current Korean characters.

NEW, Descendants’ production firm, also is considering making a movie version of the drama whose episode 14 broadcast earned a 40.4% viewership rating in Korea on Thursday night.

The show’s current version is being simultaneously aired in Korea and China. It’s being broadcast in China over video-streaming website iQiyi. Descendants will soon be shown in Japan and a host of other countries.

“We have been receiving a lot of questions regarding remakes and optional publication rights, so it is true that we have been negotiating with several companies,” a representative of NEW told MBN Star on Thursday.

The representative is also quoted as saying that the company is keeping all options open. This means the result could be a movie or another drama.

These are some of the latest developments in a hugely successful TV drama that promises to be one of the most successful trans-cultural Asian entertainment productions of all time.

The drama, moreover, is drawing the attention of Asian governments and political leaders. South Korean President Park Geun-hye and Thai PM Prayut Chan-o-cha have both praised the series, while China’s government has warned Chinese viewers against over-watching the drama.

Descendants of the Sun’s popularity partly reflects a psychological and geopolitical shift for Asian audiences. Besides its appeal as a love story set against the backdrop of a dangerous and faraway land, it depicts heroic Asian soldiers in sharp military uniforms engaged in humanitarian peacekeeping operations in a mythical European country.  (The drama was shot in Greece.) It contrasts with Hollywood films that traditionally depict Caucasian troops such as US Green Berets saving helpless Asian people in regional military conflicts.

To this extent, the drama reflects the fact that military units from Asian nations, including China, now play pivotal roles in peacekeeping operations worldwide.

As of December 2014, there were 1,053 personnel under 4 units of the South Korean Armed Forces, and 41 observers, staff and coordination officers deployed in 14 different countries in various operations. China is the UN Security Council’s biggest single contributor to peacekeeping operations. Pakistani and Bangladeshi troops serve in many UN operations.

South Korea’s special forces are also getting a huge image lift from Descendants. The phenomenon proves that time heals all wounds. South Korea’s hard-line Chun Doo-hwan regime dispatched “special forces” paratroopers in May 1980 to brutally put down the Kwangju Uprising in which hundreds were killed.

http://atimes.com/2016/04/descendants-of-the-sun-to-be-made-into-chinese-movie-versions/

i hope none of cinema company in my country interesting in this re-making our own version of DOTS... its hillariously stupid and became a laughing stock when they did remake of Meteor Garden years ago.... 

• Like 12

@gilaswan he is like a little like captain yoo, funny, jokester but stern too. KMS is kind of aftaid of capatin too 

SJK is just more straightforward because he advices KMS in a forward way. That intimidates people. Instead Jing Goo just say good job, you did everything well. While Joong Ki helps the young lad improves in exactly what needs to be improve.

• Like 15

42 minutes ago, Carin UM said:

He is another Edward Cullen or Kim Seong Yeol like @Meowth07 said in pages before,isn't he??So he will do it legally :tongue::tongue::tongue: after wedding scene

hemmm....... how about camping scene... i kinda hope see both of them shoulder naked cuddling under blanket in the morning :tongue:

• Like 8

Hello there,

I keep rewatching the episodes and noticed this in the preview for episode 15 in regards to who said the lines when they they were asked to go on a mission again.  I know it was discussed earlier and some suggested it was SDY and some thought that was YSJ. I think at the 0:24 mark, in the preview clip below, the first line is from SDY saying he wants to go. The next dialogue about he will be back before the season changes is from YSJ. 

• Like 20

25 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

i hope none of cinema company in my country interesting in this re-making our own version of DOTS... its hillariously stupid and became a laughing stock when they did remake of Meteor Garden years ago.... 

LOL agree.. in my country it was that cute alien guy drama. it was so annoying and hilariously stupid remake to watch. 

• Like 12

19 hours ago, katriona said:

Yes, I like that picture very much:w00t:. At least we will see their feet together in a tent;). I am not sure will that cruel director :phew: show us other parts of their bodies or not, though I hope to see more than just feet:D.

All night I have nightmares about two dead bodies of YSJ and SDY in the final scene and soldier giving KMY keys of the building of her private hospital that YSJ have left her. It was so sad. :tears: :bawling:

No no no, don't think about the nightmares dear. They will never give us sad ending :D

Yeah, the preview for ep 15. I won't put my hope too high for it, the previews have been trolling me all this times. When we expect less they will give us more, just like the truck kiss. I thought it just a troll, SJ will only wipe some dust off her cheek but at the end we get the most passionate kiss from a female lead in KDrama land. So expect less and we will be surprised at the end, hehe. 

1 hour ago, Pikachu92 said:

Did you guys thinks like me, i think who's sleep first is KMY. If She's sleep after YSJ did you think she will sleep on top of YSJ arm like that? She knows his left arm use IV injection and its would be sore if you use your arm as a pillow. I think KMY sleep first then YSJ gently use his arm to KMY head so she can sleep well and put the other arm in KMY so he's hug her. Its just my opinion. :P:D

Haha, good theory :D But it is hard for him to slide his arm under her head then, with the IV injection. Anyway, the thing that is bugging me is this, how come they didn't kiss in this scene? LOL, kidding aside, I am curious on this movie they failed to finish three times. I'm sure the movie will end happily as well as their own story. You hear me writer-nim?

@gilaswan I've been meaning to ask you, I can't find your fanfics  :bawling: I want to read it too, please help... 

• Like 15

i dont really care what kind of ending we'll get.  what i want is more kissing scenes from our couple.  its been so long since they kissed.  they are in a stable relationship now so i think its just normal for them to kiss even just smacks every now and them - it goes with the personality of captain being flirty and naughty with our doctor. 

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, pepper2 said:

i dont really care what kind of ending we'll get.  what i want is more kissing scenes from our couple.  its been so long since they kissed.  they are in a stable relationship now so i think its just normal for them to kiss even just smacks every now and them - it goes with the personality of captain being flirty and naughty with our doctor. 

I'm pretty certain from the preview of 15 that there will some sort of kissing scene.

they camping together and there is some close body contact happening there.. :)

i think the 1st half of ep15 is going to be lovey dovey scenes, the 2nd part will be the boys off on a mission

with the cliffhanger of .  KMY getting bad news..

and ep 16 will conclude with happy in I. Hope

• Like 15

12 hours ago, IrisFM said:

Which “Descendants of the Sun” Co-Star Is Kim Min Suk Afraid 

Kim Min Suk Reveals How Jin Goo and Song Joong Ki Helped Him in “Descendants of the Sun”

So our puppy military chef found SJK scary.  Not sure if we get to see his character in DOTS in the remaining 2 episodes but we may be surprised who knows. Also, Kim Min Suk is joining a new SBS Mon-Tue drama "Doctors" playing as Choi Kang Soo, a neurosurgeon so it will be interesting to see how he will transform from his current role as a soldier to that of a doctor. Seems like Captain YSJ is too scary so he is moving in with Haesung Medical Team instead :lol:

He is a strategist I think, sound advice to get more screen time for Private Puppy  who has some experience yet relatively still new to a production of this magnitude.   JK didn't get to where he is by looks or luck alone, he seems to be disciplined, it took so many bit roles before his own career took off.   Experience, strategy  and acting chops truly show  as  YSJ can be so subtle and yet very effective,  as we saw in DotS.   

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Prettytal said:

Hello there,

I keep rewatching the episodes and noticed this in the preview for episode 15 in regards to who said the lines when they they were asked to go on a mission again.  I know it was discussed earlier and some suggested it was SDY and some thought that was YSJ. I think at the 0:24 mark, in the preview clip below, the first line was from SDY saying he wants to go. The next dialogue about he will be back before the season changes was from YSJ. 

Yes, I agree with you it was YSJ :tears:

I don't know somehow I missed Urk and their moment there :dissapointed:

Spoiler

And I don't think someone will die, maybe some jumping on time?

• Like 10