Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

*** Expectations are starting to pick up for Im Si-wan's new marathon movie, with a teaser poster and trailer released on Tuesday. "Road to Boston" is currently in post-production and is scheduled for release in time for this year's Chuseok in September.  Looking forward to this.  :Megalol:

2023011801076_0.jpg

credit : Chosun Ilbo

On 1/19/2023 at 7:15 PM, willenette said:

*** Expectations are starting to pick up for Im Si-wan's new marathon movie, with a teaser poster and trailer released on Tuesday. "Road to Boston" is currently in post-production and is scheduled for release in time for this year's Chuseok in September.  Looking forward to this. 

This man is running in every single one of his works :lol: You can see how much he likes running…

• LOL 1

Top 10 Instagram Updates By K-Drama Actors (3rd Week Of January 2023)

4. Yim SiWan

Excited doesn't even begin to describe the feelings we have about this teaser. Even from its few seconds we already know it would be engrossing and with Yim SiWan at its helm, our assumption would be proven true.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnjP4aPvHcc/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=5d455394-bb68-4e9b-be9a-b40a770148ad

***In the world of our digital age, sometimes it only takes one wrong click for all your information to end up in the hands of a phisher, scammer, or — in this upcoming movie’s case — psychotic murderer/stalker. This sounds like an exciting concept to me, so, I want to keep an eye out for Netflix’s upcoming thriller Unlocked starring Im Si-wan.  The trailer shows how the hacking plays out, with Na-mi calling a lady that supposedly found her phone, and Jun-young on the other end playing pre-recorded messages of a woman’s voice while he gets to cracking her password. When his attempts don’t work, he smashes the phone open and installs his spyware while the fake woman’s voice tells Na-mi, “Sorry, I dropped your phone and the screen broke.” "Unlocked" will premiere on Netflix on February 17. Until then, stay safe and avoid suspicious email links! LOL - I usually avoid thrillers but this looks so intriguing. I am watching this for Siwan.  His creepy era is back!  He's awesome in disturbing roles like "Strangers from Hell" with Lee Dong Wook.   :heart2:

*** The film “Unlocked” has unveiled two suspenseful new posters! In the first of two newly released posters, the three leads are captured inside a cracked phone screen. The caption reads, “Someone is pretending to be you by using your smartphone.”  The second poster features the three main characters on the subway. “Unlocked” will premiere on February 17 via Netflix. This is interesting because Siwan is taking on a villain role in this movie.   :heart3:

Unlocked.jpeg

Unlocked-2.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003691173

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: What Is Your Favorite K-Drama Bromance?

Welcome back to a new edition of the “Soompi & Viki Staff Talk”! This time, some of our staff members discuss our favorite K-drama bromances.

Here are our staff’s faves!

Warning: minor spoilers ahead

Seyeon: Jang Geu Rae & Han Seok Yul (“Incomplete Life”)

im-siwan-byun-yo-han.jpeg

My favorite K-drama bromance comes from the hit office drama “Incomplete life” (also known as “Misaeng”), which portrays Korean corporate life in a very realistic way. So-called “unqualified” intern Jang Geu Rae (Im Si Wan) is thrown into the corporate world with zero experience after failing to become a professional Go player. On the other hand, Han Seok Yul (Byun Yo Han) comes from a blue collar textile background and has a very friendly personality. The chemistry between these two very different characters provides some comedic relief to the show, keeping the drama from being too dark and making it much more enjoyable.

Watch “Incomplete Life” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** "Unlocked" is a thriller genre movie. The melodramas and even romantic comedies that used to be a Korean staple across Asia are getting difficult to find in movie theaters in SK. The genre itself appears to be on its way out. I guess demand still exists for the genre. It is only that viewing habits have changed. Many melodramas do never even hit theaters unless they win awards at international film festivals or have other outstanding artistic value. Most prefer action blockbusters. I hope his upcoming movie will be a box-office HIT!  :7555_attack:

SIWAN, FANMEETING IN JAPAN !!! 

Spoiler

*** ISW recently made headlines with his special appearance in tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Missing: The Other Side 2”.  We all know that before becoming an actor, he used to be active as an idol. A casting staff from Star Empire recognized his potential and talent so they selected him to become their trainee. He later debuted in the entertainment industry as a member of the nine-member boy group ZE:A some years ago.  Good, that apart from his idol activities, he also carried out acting activities although he has never taken acting classes. He passed the audition to star in the historical drama “Moon Embracing the Sun” and later made his face known to the public with his impressive acting performances. At that time, many people were shocked to find out that he was an idol. Since then, he has built a solid filmography by starring in various successful works and gained recognition for his acting skills despite being an idol-turned-actor.   :heart2beat:

22 hours ago, sky5joyous said:

SIWAN, FANMEETING IN JAPAN !!! 

@sky5joyous  thanks for sharing this. He excited fans with his plan for an active year in 2023. One of them is meeting fans by holding a fanmeeting in Tokyo recently and a concert in Korea on Feb 11th. Then his new movie “Unlocked” is scheduled to premiere on Netflix on Feb 17th. His movie “1947 Boston” will also be released in September.   :kisslevel:

• Thanks 1

Introverted Siwan shares that he wants to be more like Kwanghee in 'Good Job Today'

On February 3, 'Good Job Today 2023' with ZE:A member and actor Im Siwan was released on Dingo Story's official YouTube channel. 'Good Job Today' is a reality program in which a star who has achieved their dream visits the daily life of a fan who's running toward their dream to offer support and hope.

In this episode of 'Good Job Today', Siwan visits Kim Sang Hee who works for a video tech company. Sang Hee, who has been with her company for 5 months, is a young woman in Korea who remains alone after work to study and is still adjusting to unfamiliar work life.

Im Siwan, who disguises himself as a flower delivery driver, makes a surprise appearance in front of Sang Hee, who is studying in an empty office. Upon unexpectedly receiving flowers, Sang Hee could not hide her surprise when she saw Im Siwan taking off his hat and mask and said, "I saw you on Netflix yesterday!"

As the two began to share about their lives, Sang Hee expressed her concern that "I'm an introvert, I don't think I'm good at social life." 

In response Siwan shared, "Kwanghee is really good at that. I want to have that kind of personality. I'm so envious. I tried to imitate him and tried hard." Confessing that he is also an introvert, he also shared stories about his past experiences.

He continued, "But I felt like that color didn't suit me, and now I'm not doing that. Even if it took a long time to get to know (people), I was able to make deep connections," adding heartfelt advice, he encouraged Sang Hee to be herself. 

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2023/02/introverted-siwan-shares-that-he-wants-to-be-more-like-kwanghee-in-good-job-today 

Kang Sora liked this video with Siwan....

Spoiler

• Like 1

10 Best Korean Movies for Learning Korean in 2023

photo1625182.jpg

In this piece, we'll take a look at the top 10 Korean films for language learners in 2023. There should be plenty for every person on the agenda as we examine films from a wide range of genres. We have what you're searching for, whether it's a thrilling mystery or a beautiful romance. Yes, this is usually a subjective matter but nevertheless, we tried to select only top-notch cinematography pieces that will surely help you learn Korean with films better. Without further ado, let's see what we've got for you.

photo1623975.jpg

8. "Unlocked"

"Unlocked" is a Korean film that is highly recommended for anyone who is interested in learning Korean. The plot of the movie centers on a bunch of close friends and their quest to determine the identity of a mystery phone. The film is great for anyone who wishes to learn language through movies since it is really suspenseful and has a lot of action in it. It will provide you with:

• Constant curiosity.
  • Beneficial lessons regarding friendships.
  • Tips on improving the Korean language.

"Unlocked" is directed by Kim Tae-joon-IV, and features Chun Woo-hee, Im Si-wan, Kim Hee-won, Park Ho-san, Kim Sun-hwa-I, Kim Ye-won. Release date in Korea: 2023/02/17.

Conclusion

Our list of korean language films rounds out the top 10 greatest masterpieces for language learners in 2023. You may understand a lot about this language and society by watching any one of these movies, which are all superb representations of filmmaking made in this country. So, stop wasting your time and get yourself in front of the TV to watch some of these movies.

source : Hancinema

*** Im Siwan is appearing in 'You Quiz on the Block' and will have a phone call with Kwanghee! Yesterday, February 8th, the show released a trailer for their next episode, which showed that Im Siwan will be appearing as a guest. MC Yoo Jaesuk first introduced him as "actor Im Siwan, who is rising in popularity with his honest acting," and said, "There are probably many young people who don't know that you were an idol," referring to ZE:A. A short phone call with Kwanghee on the other side of the phone, said, "How did Im Siwan go out alone as the main guest? I envy you... Talk more

about me!" drawing laughter. I'm excited to see this episode next week.   :Woah:

20230209_052624_544_nghee2.jpg

Credit: The Qoo

*** Im Si Wan appeared in the trailer for the new episode of “You Quiz on the Block". His appearance was revealed at the end of the show's episode 180, which aired on February 8th. Im Si Wan showed up after the architect Seung Hyo Sang. Lee Sung Min, who worked with him  in the drama “Misaeng”, was also mentioned. He surprised the two MCs when he said, “We are close enough to visit each other’s house. He told me to visit his house if I was in Seoul so I came there. I  also went to Lee Byung Hun’s house again”.  In the last scene, he confessed, “I think I’m more similar to Jang Geu Rae in ‘Misaeng’. ‘Will I be able to survive?’… I was worried about surviving”.   :twerk2:   Looking forward to this show.

im-si-wan-yoo-yae-suk-11-02092023-1024x5

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/829248